Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Actually you can probably use Raijin's SSB to pull this off, possibly without a medica at all. Do you have any other wind dps? Or other strong elementals (CSBs, imperils, enelement)? Remember the instacast you get from Raijin, exploit it for about 3 turns and you could have 3 imperils, ramzas buffs AND 2 dps people with Cloud usb set up.

If you need the medica, I think the instacat would fit in a few more Luneth hits under the USB buff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

iamsosmrt posted:

Actually you can probably use Raijin's SSB to pull this off, possibly without a medica at all. Do you have any other wind dps? Or other strong elementals (CSBs, imperils, enelement)? Remember the instacast you get from Raijin, exploit it for about 3 turns and you could have 3 imperils, ramzas buffs AND 2 dps people with Cloud usb set up.

If you need the medica, I think the instacat would fit in a few more Luneth hits under the USB buff.

Well like I said before, I have Fang BSB for imperils and Luneth BSB. I also have Zack's CSB. Celes has Invincible Blade and Snowspell Strike.

This Seymour A+ is hard. I can't make Celes build enough meter to keep Runic going. Also Ultima RNG is bullshit.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Zack's Csb changes everything. You have way more flexibility. You can give Luneth dark bargain, dropping Ramza completely. With Raijin, Zack and Fang, Luneth should have more than enough to drop Geo. You can keep a medica if it helps to guarantee a victory.

Yes Zack won't contribute much to the chain, but you can have him use the other RW and spam your favorite combat skill.

I don't have chant or Zack's Csb unfortunately, so I can't test. The Csb gives such a huge boost that I'd expect Luneth's final BSB to hit for 300k+.

Seymour is very tricky. I ignored the gimmick myself and used the first part to build up my bars. Cloud USB did it, but it wasn't easy.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Give it a go, you don't lose stamina if you fail. I think you can do it with multiple ways even. Here's one thought, a physical nuke squad relying on minimizing damage taken while going super offensive with Cloud USB when the boss gets "low".

He has low defenses and no resistances so imperils are nice but not necessary. Bring your best 3 dps (holy? Agrias, Orlando, Beatrix?), 1 healer, 1 support (Ramza with Full and Magic Breakdown) and RW Cloud USB. Equip everyone with your Instant KO resist Hope's scarves or similar. Have one DPS tauntaliate (Orlando) so his only damaging attack will be the magic AoE Tsunami. Try it out with only shellga.

Slow roll him until he's at 50-60%, make sure Shout is up, have Agrias and Beatrix Imperil him, RW Cloud USB to Orlando and have him wreck the boss with his BSB and OSB. RW Cloud USB to Agrias and wreck the boss with her BSB command 2.

In theory the boss starts casting an aoe phys attack at low hp but if you nuke the crap out of him you will never see it and the only attack that damages you will truly be the Tsunami give or take the two punches before tauntaliate is up. If the tsunami is too much you should pretty freely be able to swap "Beatrix" for Tyro and just use wall and take it a bit slower having Tyro help with Armor Breakdown etc.

It's a few days later, but thanks for the suggestions here. The only problem I ultimately had was in not getting mastery, and that's just me being dumb and not bringing water damage along. :downs: (I originally had a second Banishing Strike on Agrias as opposed to Waterga Strike.) And now that I have a consistent plan for defeating the boss, I might actually be able to try my hand at farming MDOs, because by my calculations I need about 200 more for my current honing plans.

Edit: Come to think, is there a list of item IDs around for FFRK, since I'm running this on MEmu through Fiddler, or should I just use FFRKreeper? Found it.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jul 23, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

iamsosmrt posted:

That's the beauty of it. Torments cost 0 stamina if you flee.

Goddamn I forgot about that and can't believe DeNA did too. I wonder if they'll ever care to crack down on this, but probably not?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Evil Fluffy posted:

Goddamn I forgot about that and can't believe DeNA did too. I wonder if they'll ever care to crack down on this, but probably not?

I would argue its not any more abuse than quit and reload. It requires using an outside site so its probably not worth drawing attention to.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Evil Fluffy posted:

They never got mad about the forcestop thing (though I think they tried to kill it once but people overwhelmingly against so they didn't) so I don't really think they'll ever snap about that.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Also, I'd say the vast majority of players will never bother to farm Torment dungeons, even if they know how to set up one of the packet-sniffing options needed to make farming them really worthwhile.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

5* Mote Usage: I've been using a lot of Bravery/Dexterity between Tidus and Vaan, and Spirit/Wisdom is dedicated to finishing Yshtola for now. This leaves me with a truckload of unused vitality

Do we start getting other mote types?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

5* Mote Usage: I've been using a lot of Bravery/Dexterity between Tidus and Vaan, and Spirit/Wisdom is dedicated to finishing Yshtola for now. This leaves me with a truckload of unused vitality

Do we start getting other mote types?

Nope, those five are what you get. Anyone with a Cloud, Celes, or other VIT-driven dive JUST got enough 5* Vit motes with Torment Geos to get their LM2, at that, so it's less of a truckload than you think.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
I fully dived Squall's Legend Sphere, man the dual cast on his BSB2 is amazing.

Any thoughts on Cloud vs Bartz Legend Spheres? For Bartz I have his SSB, BSB1 and OSB and Cloud I have BSB1, BSB2 and OSB. I will not be pulling on the upcoming V banner for Bartz's USB. Vaan is another option for the DEX motes but I just have his BSB. Doing nothing might be the best option since I plan on pulling on the Edge banner.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

NGDBSS posted:

It's a few days later, but thanks for the suggestions here. The only problem I ultimately had was in not getting mastery, and that's just me being dumb and not bringing water damage along. :downs: (I originally had a second Banishing Strike on Agrias as opposed to Waterga Strike.) And now that I have a consistent plan for defeating the boss, I might actually be able to try my hand at farming MDOs, because by my calculations I need about 200 more for my current honing plans.

Edit: Come to think, is there a list of item IDs around for FFRK, since I'm running this on MEmu through Fiddler, or should I just use FFRKreeper? Found it.

Well done, glad you got him. The boss has a bug where you can just throw the water attack at any phase and it will count for the mastery condition even if he wasn't yet weak to it.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Well done, glad you got him. The boss has a bug where you can just throw the water attack at any phase and it will count for the mastery condition even if he wasn't yet weak to it.
It's probably a limitation in the code base, sort of like how World of Warcraft can only track killing things or collecting items for quest completion and so has to kill invisible bunnies (I poo poo you not) to to do anything more complex. Regardless, I brought that along (plus more water resistance on Orlandeau/Ramza because they were taking excessive damage from Tsunami) to also master him last night. I still have the 200 CM remaining, but compared to this it should be a joke.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Philouza posted:

Any thoughts on Cloud vs Bartz Legend Spheres? For Bartz I have his SSB, BSB1 and OSB and Cloud I have BSB1, BSB2 and OSB. I will not be pulling on the upcoming V banner for Bartz's USB. Vaan is another option for the DEX motes but I just have his BSB. Doing nothing might be the best option since I plan on pulling on the Edge banner.

If you can get Cloud's USB on a future banner he's worth maxing out and turning in to a murder god. Though even without it, having his BSB2 (and the extra stats from mastering the BSB1 and OSB) should be nice. Plus BSB2 for enwind followed by OSBs will probably hit 99999 on a lot of things.

Cloud's 2nd LM also has the ability to make his BSB2 commands go off twice which is can be a nice damage boost.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
omega drive with cloud's LM2 is amazing if the boss isnt wind weak

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cloud LM2 also makes his lifesiphons occasionally siphon twice the life. It's a good LM to gun for if you have any of his good relics.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

So I went and murdered the torment dungeon a few times (didn't feel like setting up that packet sniffing poo poo since I can 4 round the boss). First clear gave me 3 major NEOs, I thought the boss was supposed to give 3 MBOs? Not that I'm complaining, since I'd rather get NEOs right now. Only got the 5 GBOs for other clears, even if I did the usual reset/flee so I just said gently caress it and took the 10 GBOs after half a dozen kills didn't drop any more majors.

Cloud/Zack/Orlandu/Vaan/Yshtola with a Rikku USB is brutally fast. Zack just uses Omega Drive after his chain, and Y'shtola just hits SS2 then asylum 2x. Boss is generally dead by the time everyone's SB gauges (plus CMD2 and mug bloodlust from Vaan) are used up since Cloud's second BSB2 is about 300k damage.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

KataraniSword posted:

Cloud LM2 also makes his lifesiphons occasionally siphon twice the life. It's a good LM to gun for if you have any of his good relics.

FWIW Lifesiphon doesn't generate twice the SB gauge on a doublecast (neither would Wrath, if anyone had Doublecast Support which thankfully no one does). Additional casts generate 0 SB gauge instead of the amount listed in the JSON for the ability. Since the bonus SB gauge from Lifesiphon (/Wrath) is just an unusually high amount in the SB Gain field of the JSON, doublecasting nullifies that.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Zurai posted:

FWIW Lifesiphon doesn't generate twice the SB gauge on a doublecast (neither would Wrath, if anyone had Doublecast Support which thankfully no one does). Additional casts generate 0 SB gauge instead of the amount listed in the JSON for the ability. Since the bonus SB gauge from Lifesiphon (/Wrath) is just an unusually high amount in the SB Gain field of the JSON, doublecasting nullifies that.

Huh! Learn something new every day about how the game works. I stand corrected.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

I think I mentioned earlier wanting to get some scrubs in the torment farm to gain some XP on the side since while I really need major black orbs I also really still need XP for CM people etc.

This is the final crew that has a 100% clear rate in sub-5:

The stars:
Lightning (SSB2-BSB2-BSB2) Thundering Twinstrike. The damage of the group: +lit sword, +lit armor, +30% lit RM. Legend dived for all the +lit boosts.
Ramza (SSB1-SSB2-USB) Full Break / Armor Breakdown. The other part of Lightning's damage, full LD.

Lightning's damage is just dumb. The first BSB2 entry does 8x26k hits, the second (since the first one did imperil) is about 31k per hit. It usually lives afterwards due the other damage being low but a 110k Thundering Twinstrike finishes him off.

The people along for the ride:
81 Steiner (BSB) Engulfing Twinstrike. Provides some chip damage and gets the water mastery.
91 Aeris (USB) Curada/Shellga. Heals, though on average 2 SB charges are left over. Fast Learner RM.
81 Greg (BSB). Omega Drive. Tauntaliate keeps people from dying and provides minor chip damage.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I got my first dualcast LM dive on Tidus. It was pretty great when after Cloud USB he did 50k, 50k on Sapphire shot then did it again. Also without cloud USB it triggers a lot on his burst commands.

Philouza posted:

Bartz is apparently the best damage dealer in the game if you manage to get his USB, his relic LM, and fully dive him but that's a ridiculous amount of money/luck

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jul 24, 2017

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I'm stunned, I just keep pulling on daily draw out of habit more than anything!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Husbandoooo draw!

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Not just a 5* but a recent, useful one? Go buy a lottery ticket!

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Ripley posted:

Not just a 5* but a recent, useful one? Go buy a lottery ticket!

Hog just used his luck for a lottery ticket.

That said, Auron will love the new Samurai skills from the next VI Event.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

Bartz is apparently the best damage dealer in the game if you manage to get his USB, his relic LM, and fully dive him but that's a ridiculous amount of money/luck

Yeah that's the thing, I'm pretty pleased with my V team (bursts for Galuf, Bartz, Faris, Gil) and my weapons are insane, especially after the broken Keeper's Choice banner. I imagine a pull on the Bartz USB banner would end up being instant regret.

Philouza fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 24, 2017

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I pulled and got Nine LMR, Nine LMR, Nine LMR.

I got what I deserved.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

It's very appropriate if you've seen the Type-0 intro cinematic.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Doesn't he have like four relics in the upcoming FFV banner? Seems like a good opportunity to try to assemble it

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ceaselessfuture posted:

Doesn't he have like four relics in the upcoming FFV banner? Seems like a good opportunity to try to assemble it

Yeah, his USB, LMR, and two bursts.

Also, Bartz is game-best damage in those situations because he gets:
  • A doublecast Spellblade proc on his LM2
  • A stacking Triplecast Spellblade proc on his LMR (Stacks additively, meaning if both go off, the LM2 (+1 cast), LMR (+2 casts) and a RM (+1 cast) all go off, you get 5 casts of whatever attack you used)
  • A reliable chaser to Earth/Wind/Water/Fire spellblade abilities with his USB that has a chance of being 2-hit or 8-hit (at apparently a coinflip shot)

So, assuming he hits theoretical damage caps with a 4-hit spellblade (either his BSB commands or Japan's newly-buffed Twinstrikes) and gets the Dual-Wield Rapidfire proc, he has the potential of doing almost 280k damage per attack, without Cloud USB.

EDIT: Caveat emptor, of course, that damage of that level relies on four separate procs to trigger consecutively. According to Enlir, that's 13% for the RM, 35% for the LM2, 10% for the LMR, 50% for the 8x chaser. Quick mathcrafting puts that at about 0.2% likely, so.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 24, 2017

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Bartz is not best in game damage, even with all that. Shadow is. But Bartz is very good.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

:siren:The Global Exclusive Bugged KC2 Saga continues:siren:

Their 10 apology mythril to people who pulled on KC2 before the bug somehow got sent twice to some players, so they got 20.

Solution is to send 10 mythril to everyone else as compensation.

Yes, even to the exploiters of KC2.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Zurai posted:

Bartz is not best in game damage, even with all that. Shadow is. But Bartz is very good.

So explain why Shadow is the new hotness because he is a cool ninja with a cowboy theme and I like him very much

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

Yeah, his USB, LMR, and two bursts.

Also, Bartz is game-best damage in those situations because he gets:
  • A doublecast Spellblade proc on his LM2
  • A stacking Triplecast Spellblade proc on his LMR (Stacks additively, meaning if both go off, the LM2 (+1 cast), LMR (+2 casts) and a RM (+1 cast) all go off, you get 5 casts of whatever attack you used)
  • A reliable chaser to Earth/Wind/Water/Fire spellblade abilities with his USB that has a chance of being 2-hit or 8-hit (at apparently a coinflip shot)

So, assuming he hits theoretical damage caps with a 4-hit spellblade (either his BSB commands or Japan's newly-buffed Twinstrikes) and gets the Dual-Wield Rapidfire proc, he has the potential of doing almost 280k damage per attack, without Cloud USB.

EDIT: Caveat emptor, of course, that damage of that level relies on four separate procs to trigger consecutively. According to Enlir, that's 13% for the RM, 35% for the LM2, 10% for the LMR, 50% for the 8x chaser. Quick mathcrafting puts that at about 0.2% likely, so.

That just means people who have Cloud and his USB+BSB2 just need to get Butz and run the dual murderbro combo. Have Cloud proc his double combat LM on his BSB2 commands while Butz chases it. :black101:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Servaetes posted:

So explain why Shadow is the new hotness because he is a cool ninja with a cowboy theme and I like him very much

Not really new but his SSB was hot poo poo when it was new because it was insta cast and 10 hits so you could basically spam it.

His bsb has reduced delay so its the aame flavor bsb-ified.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

In the next FF6 event (at least I think it's the next one), Shadow gets his Legend Dive and USB, which interacts extremely well with the two new physical Ninja abilities which come out at the same time. Ability 1 (called Shadow Mirage in JP, no official translation yet) deals a 200 potency dark elemental physical hit (2 100 potency hits after the ability revamp), grants a stack of physical blink, and enters blink stacking mode which lets you stack physical blink up to 2 blinks. Ability 2 (called Shadow Seal in JP) deals 2-4 100 potency dark elemental physical hits, with the 3rd and 4th hits coming if the Ninja has 1 or 2 stacks, respectively, of physical blink active. Both abilities have standard Ninja super fast cast time. Shadow's USB is instant cast random target dark/non damage and gives him a special mode where he gets High Quick Cast (ie Thunder God Mode) for 1 turn after dealing dark damage and causes him to chase ninja abilities while under at least 1 blink stack with 1-2 216 potency dark/non physical hits (the second hit comes if he has 2 blink stacks, naturally).

His legend dive gives him +24% Ninja damage and 35% Ninja dualcast.

All told, once you have his blinks stacked up Shadow deals 832 potency of elemental damage every 2 seconds or so, spread out over 6 hits, with a 35% chance for 1232 potency over 10 hits. For reference, a standard physical SSB is 800 potency of damage, and standard OSBs are 1200 potency.

This is basically the same setup as Edge with the identical-but-for-element water Ninja abilities, but Shadow has a better legend dive (Edge's is all water damage and he only has a +10% damage LM1 while Shadow's is all Ninja damage with a +15% damage LM1) and his BSB and USB are instant cast while Edge's have standard cast time.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jul 24, 2017

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

:siren:The Global Exclusive Bugged KC2 Saga continues:siren:

Their 10 apology mythril to people who pulled on KC2 before the bug somehow got sent twice to some players, so they got 20.

Solution is to send 10 mythril to everyone else as compensation.

Yes, even to the exploiters of KC2.

i wouldnt have minded if the suckers who pulled when it wasn't bugged got 20 of it back but ok thanks DENA!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

So how good/bad is Quick Hit? It looks not-awful currently and like it should be fairly decent when it gets buffed to be 2-hit. I've been thinking of crafting it and honing it a bit (r3, maybe r4?) for Zack to use for those times where Cloud would be using r2 Omega Drive instead of Zack.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Quick Hit is extremely high DPS and gets an upgrade to two hits whenever Global gets the ability revamp Japan just got, but it takes an absolute ton of Major Wind Orbs and you're gonna blow through hones like nobody's business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Servaetes posted:

He's basically a Dark-flavored clone of Edge (enelement BSB, USB that has a chaser attack focused on spamming elemental Ninja blink-stacking skills, doublecast Ninja LM2) except unlike Edge, Shadow's enelement BSB is instant-cast, his LMR is "start with enelement" instead of a situational blink proc, and also he can power both the BSB and USB with Lifesiphon.

tl;dr: Everything that people have been hyping Edge USB for also applies to Shadow USB, except Shadow does a little more damage and also Lifesiphon

e:f;b because I went to doublecheck on Enlir :argh:

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 24, 2017

• Locked thread