Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I guess I missed that. poo poo, I'm the problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

jokes posted:

Do better at watching television, forum poster "jokes."

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

jokes posted:

:cmon:

Put down the phone or whatever and just watch the show for an hour.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Alternatively watch some other, better, show and just read spoilers.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Alternatively watch some other, better, show and just read spoilers.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
The show is going to pull a Dark Souls and the Night King is going to have his zombie giants shoot their dragon slayer great bows at Dany's dragon.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Cousin loving is way too pedestrian for Gurm. Jon will be loving his aunt.

Too bad the genders aren't reversed; it would've been amusing to see the Uncle Fucker song from the south park movie come back into vogue.

Shut your loving face, N'uncle fucker?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
episode good so what

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

The Nymeria scene was in there to set up the scene next season where the Good Guys are about to be stomped by the ice dragon until Nymeria and a few hundred other wolves show up and suicide charge it to death with wolf magic.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
it's cheap as gently caress to mess up so bad on some characters that you later try to use them getting wrecked & owned as some sort of catharsis. the sand snakes dying was as lame as them living.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Democratic Pirate posted:

The Nymeria scene was in there to set up the scene next season where the Good Guys are about to be stomped by the ice dragon until Nymeria and a few hundred other wolves show up and suicide charge it to death with wolf magic.

The term is 'blue eyes wight dragon' not ice dragon.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Punkin Spunkin posted:

it's cheap as gently caress to mess up so bad on some characters that you later try to use them getting wrecked & owned as some sort of catharsis. the sand snakes dying was as lame as them living.

"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night."

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

jokes posted:

The term is 'blue eyes wight dragon' not ice dragon.

Yea, the spoilers don't make sense for this part.

So we know Viserys is gonna die from the bastila. Why else would they show it? So Viserys dies in King's Landing, yet somehow the Night King is there to turn it into a wight?

The only thing I can think of (and I'm not putting this dumb of an idea past this show) is that the dragon gets mortally wounded, flies North to flee, and dies near the White Walker army...somehow.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

WampaLord posted:

So we know Viserys is gonna die from the bastila. Why else would they show it? So Viserys dies in King's Landing, yet somehow the Night King is there to turn it into a wight?

The only thing I can think of (and I'm not putting this dumb of an idea past this show) is that the dragon gets mortally wounded, flies North to flee, and dies near the White Walker army...somehow.

This show has long since stopped caring about logic.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Watch Bran gently caress it up and warg into the dragon and fly it north.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I may have blinked and missed it, but was there ever any indication how Euron knew that the targets he aimed to take would be on that boat sailing in that direction, other than he had read the script?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Skinty McEdger posted:

I may have blinked and missed it, but was there ever any indication how Euron knew that the targets he aimed to take would be on that boat sailing in that direction, other than he had read the script?

He put 20 good men on his fastest ship to scout.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This show has long since stopped caring about logic.

I think also that the spoilers we get about the dragons are more likely to be false because no one can see the CGI being done on set and leak it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I think the simplest way for the writers to go about it is to make one of Yara's captains a traitor.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Skinty McEdger posted:

Well he was leaving King's Landing and the Kids were sailing from Dragonstone south to Dorne so they probably just bumped into each other.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

SImplest way would be 'magic'

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I hope the entire season is just sam and jorah curing and reinfecting each other in an endless loop

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

WampaLord posted:

DRAGON DIES OFF SCREEN

RESURRECTED OFF SCREEN

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

banned from Starbucks posted:

I hope the entire season is just sam and jorah curing and reinfecting each other in an endless loop

Throw some diahrrea in there and muah bellissimo

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Skinty McEdger posted:

why do you think they call him The Crow's Eye ?

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Poor Tyrion got relegated to Dany detail just so he could write her a ref letter to Jon.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Phi230 posted:

DRAGON DIES OFF SCREEN

RESURRECTED OFF SCREEN

Viserys died on the way back to his home planet.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
I don't think Cersei will battle Dany this season - anything that happens wrt battles will be skirmishes/battles between lesser forces. They had to show the weapon this soon to offer some credible threat to Dany's nukes.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

WampaLord posted:

I think also that the spoilers we get about the dragons are more likely to be false because no one can see the CGI being done on set and leak it.

That was the bullshit we told ourselves about the spoilers that said that Ramsey killed Wun Wun.

Trust the leaks.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I wish the CGI team would talk to some actual sailors so the sailboat scenes don't look like a bunch of motorboats tooling around with weird drapery dangling from poles overhead.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I dunno I feel like the prospect of hitting a dragon with a ballista is rather unlikely. Those things are slow to aim and dragons are fast and move in 3 dimensions.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Nail Rat posted:

I dunno I feel like the prospect of hitting a dragon with a ballista is rather unlikely. Those things are slow to aim and dragons are fast and move in 3 dimensions.

They are absolutely going to hit a dragon with the ballistia and mortally wound it. This show doesn't have enough writing talent or screen time to be coy or engage in misdirection anymore.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

why not? it worked for the hobbit

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Also, prominently featured in the documentary "Dragonheart"

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Nail Rat posted:

Don't doubt the work of the finest artillerators in all of Kings Landing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

There is literally no logical reason why Dany and her 4 different armies and 3 dragons shouldn't have just stomped all over Cersei in a week, so the plot has to make up a bunch of bullshit to even the odds.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

They should jump out of helicopters with swords to fight the dragons like that one movie

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

They should jump out of helicopters with swords to fight the dragons like that one movie

Reign of Fire, gently caress yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Nail Rat posted:

that bolt smashing through a hundreds of years old skull was impressive but it doesnt take into account the hide/scales

i mean they could ask bard about how you gotta aim for a pinhole where theres a scale missing

• Locked thread