Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Can someone remind me of what the website is that tracks the pricing of games on psn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

freeranger posted:

Can someone remind me of what the website is that tracks the pricing of games on psn?

https://psprices.com/

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Akuma posted:

Yeah if you do that you'll have a fucker of a time with Allant without grinding some serious levels because he's very resistant to magic. He's a huge roadblock for a pure magic build.

Pretty sure I poison cloud abused that fight too? I don't recall anything stopping me.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Norns posted:

Pretty sure I poison cloud abused that fight too? I don't recall anything stopping me.

he's not immune to poison. if you use the stuff that makes your footsteps quiet, he'll just walk to the top of the stairs and stop. you can poison him over and over again until he dies; he doesn't even heal like astaea

you don't even need a magic build for this, mind you. the poison spell doesn't need that much investment

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So, my partner have moved into our new home, and he suggested a 4K television - being an opportunist I immediately traded in my PS4 and managed to get a Pro on the cheap. Holy poo poo, Horizon is an absolutely beautiful game. Saw the difference immediately.

Feels a bit weird having such a beefy entertainment set-up now, especially one both of us can appreciate.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

Feels a bit weird having such a beefy entertainment set-up now, especially one both of us can appreciate.
Just make sure you look online for the best configuration for HDR and 4K for your TV. HDR sometimes requires some specific options.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Norns posted:

Homing Soul Arrow beats the poo poo out of him too, magic resistance or no.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Crows Turn Off posted:

Just make sure you look online for the best configuration for HDR and 4K for your TV. HDR sometimes requires some specific options.

Yeah, we've been tinkering with that stuff. Neither of us are used to having this sort of television. :c:

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

FF12 is really good. This is just a great year for games.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

This IS a great year to videogame

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

spudsbuckley posted:

FF12 is really good. This is just a great year for games.

I'm really looking forward to Gears of War and Titan Quest myself.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

When's the new Halo coming out.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Where is bloodborne 2/!

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Norns posted:

Well yeah you could cheese it but that loving sucks and you should feel bad for doing it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Not really

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
In souls games, if it works, it's fair and fine to do.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

glam rock hamhock posted:

In souls games, if it works, it's fair and fine to do.

Miyazaki straight up said that in an interview about dark souls 1 and then recommended using poison arrows against the anor londo archers

The git gudders that have sprung up around these games don't even have the support of the director haha

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

If the game can cheese-kill you, then it's fair to cheese-kill right back.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, forget all that e-honour bollocks. You're there to murder the other dude.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

My issue isn't e-honour it's that you're missing out on a cool fight. Allant is not the Anor Londo archers, he's a fun dude to fight that feels more dangerous than any other boss because he can steal your levels!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Akuma posted:

My issue isn't e-honour it's that you're missing out on a cool fight. Allant is not the Anor Londo archers, he's a fun dude to fight that feels more dangerous than any other boss because he can steal your levels!

The level stealing is what made fighting him so annoying, though.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Gotta say that I'm enjoying the beginning of Uncharted 3 a lot more than anything else in the previous games. Less shooting, more sneaking & banter with Sully. Now let's see if the rest of the game holds up to this standard...

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Digirat posted:

Miyazaki straight up said that in an interview about dark souls 1 and then recommended using poison arrows against the anor londo archers

The git gudders that have sprung up around these games don't even have the support of the director haha

My first few playthroughs of Dark Souls 2 I managed to get through almost exclusively on the back of a poison pharron's longbow or whatever.

I think my problem right now is that I'm using a great axe and it's not a very fun weapon for me personally. It's my most powerful weapon though, and the most heavily upgraded. I'm not at a point of no return, but I kind of want to go back and change the character build to be something similar to my DS2 character (high agi/strength, dual wielding, bows).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I beat Allant without ever knowing he could steal your levels...

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

I feel like they fixed the Capra Demon in Dks and now I actually have to put effort into the fight.
Probably just going to go beat Des again, because it's the best one.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Sakurazuka posted:

I beat Allant without ever knowing he could steal your levels...

same. this is the first i am hearing about that.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

All of his moves are highly telegraphed, but his grab steals a level from you. You can get the equivalent souls back from your bloodstain if you die. It's a lot easier to die if you spec for magic, like I said, because he's the only boss in the game with really high resistance to it.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
So about a month ago eBay listed a PlayStation plus card as a deal of the day for $48.

I bought one and just today tried to redeem.

Already redeemed :(

Neogames was the seller. Anyone else have this happen to you?

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

Akuma posted:

All of his moves are highly telegraphed, but his grab steals a level from you. You can get the equivalent souls back from your bloodstain if you die. It's a lot easier to die if you spec for magic, like I said, because he's the only boss in the game with really high resistance to it.

Unless you just poison him to death, then it's really easy!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Awesome! posted:

same. this is the first i am hearing about that.

he has a slow windup grab attack. if he catches you, it takes a level. I think you get the souls back in your bloodstain if you can get to it? can't remember

soulsucker is also a spell you can use yourself if you get the maiden in black's soul. it instantly kills any non boss enemy and it will steal a level if you hit someone with it. don't think it kills you in pvp tho. I guess you could use it to delevel yourself if you wanted

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Real hurthling! posted:

Titanfall ruined me. Destiny 2 feels so slow. Cant play it.

Titanfall remade you. With revengeance.

Doomsayer posted:

Is Mirror's Edge: Catalyst worth picking up for $10 in the flash sale? I really liked the first one, but I heard mixed things about 2 and stopped paying attention to it since I was broke. Now I'm still broke but $10 might be doable :v:

Yes!

Don't listen to people who haven't played it. It's awesome and if you loved the first one Catalyst is basically a love letter from the devs to you. Turn runner vision to classic tho, and up the FOV a bit.

Verisimilidude posted:

Dark Souls 3 is really not very good in comparison to 1, 2, and BB.

Welcome to the Wrong Post of the Day!

Smol posted:

Gotta say that I'm enjoying the beginning of Uncharted 3 a lot more than anything else in the previous games. Less shooting, more sneaking & banter with Sully. Now let's see if the rest of the game holds up to this standard...

It gets very shooty in the middle, but the environments and story are worth it. Great game.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It gets very shooty in the middle, but the environments and story are worth it. Great game.

While the story was the usual pulpy action fare that I went into the series for, the gunplay and especially the battles themselves were pure torture. I still don't understand why I went (and finally got) the Platinum for that game, because holy poo poo, what the gently caress were they thinking with some of those setups.

The gunplay was never fun until Uncharted 4 when headshots would actually register and you could still use the run-and-gun to set up new, genuinely surprising setups in those combat sandboxes. As a cinematic showpiece, Uncharted 3 is wonderful, but it lost so much of the narrative and cinematic marriage that Uncharted 2 was. U4 genuinely fixed a lot of that by weaving in things that I think the team (and directors) learned from The Last of Us - namely that conflict breaking out should have a reason other than, "oh, they blew out this wall and 20 guys just went streaming in because reasons."

I love Uncharted, but 3 is the fuckin' black sheep of it all: poor storytelling, poor plotting, poor gunplay. It survives because it's a goddamn triumph of technical wizardry and solid setpieces. It's a decided step back in all aspects from how phenomenal Uncharted 2 was over the second. I wanted a Last Crusade, and though at the time I didn't know it, it was kinda The Crystal Skull.

Again, I think U4 rebooted it, but it wasn't in Amy's vision, and that sucks. I feel like she had her plan - she's always had "her plan" and maybe that Star Wars game will hit it. But no, Uncharted 3 is a goddamn mess of horrid fights that you hate on Normal difficulty, and you scream bloody obscenities with U3.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

SamBishop posted:

While the story was the usual pulpy action fare that I went into the series for, the gunplay and especially the battles themselves were pure torture. I still don't understand why I went (and finally got) the Platinum for that game, because holy poo poo, what the gently caress were they thinking with some of those setups.

The gunplay was never fun until Uncharted 4 when headshots would actually register and you could still use the run-and-gun to set up new, genuinely surprising setups in those combat sandboxes. As a cinematic showpiece, Uncharted 3 is wonderful, but it lost so much of the narrative and cinematic marriage that Uncharted 2 was. U4 genuinely fixed a lot of that by weaving in things that I think the team (and directors) learned from The Last of Us - namely that conflict breaking out should have a reason other than, "oh, they blew out this wall and 20 guys just went streaming in because reasons."

I love Uncharted, but 3 is the fuckin' black sheep of it all: poor storytelling, poor plotting, poor gunplay. It survives because it's a goddamn triumph of technical wizardry and solid setpieces. It's a decided step back in all aspects from how phenomenal Uncharted 2 was over the second. I wanted a Last Crusade, and though at the time I didn't know it, it was kinda The Crystal Skull.

Again, I think U4 rebooted it, but it wasn't in Amy's vision, and that sucks. I feel like she had her plan - she's always had "her plan" and maybe that Star Wars game will hit it. But no, Uncharted 3 is a goddamn mess of horrid fights that you hate on Normal difficulty, and you scream bloody obscenities with U3.

I disagree with almost everything in this post, but it's weird that you talk about "Amy's vision" with respect to UC4, cuz you know she directed UC3...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Smol posted:

3 is excellent. It has a few stumbles but overall I like it the best of the original 3 games. Some people don't like it but I don't get it. if those are your reasons for liking 3 you will probably love 4 because there is a lot of wandering around and bantering.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Nier: Ok so I have endings A, B, C, G, K, W

Is that all the main ones? Don't care for side quest poo poo.

Man the last three or four hours of that game are nerve-wracking. There's also like no save and I was freaking out about losing all my progress but I guess it restarted me at the boss portion I was at

The end game button mashing is so fun. Sucks that it doesn't really pick up until the very end

Am I missing anything good

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

There's an obvious one you're missing and then there's one more.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

One is just doing the last fight with 9S, well, depending on who you first did it with right?

I guess I meant to ask if I'm missing any good button mashing that doesn't involve playing as 9S I can watch the rest on YouTube

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Did you get the DLC?

Also you should play the endings, for real. Youtube can't do it justice.

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

Just replay the final fight and pick the other option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Two of them are. You literally just have to do the one fight as 9S. It's worth doing and not Youtubing.