Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Trump fires AG Sessions and nominates Michael Flynn to replace him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

hmmm

Sessions, Tillerson, and Priebus seem to be on the way out. There is a real chance that within a year of entering office Trump is going to lose his National Security Advisor, Attorney General, Secretary of State, and Chief of Staff.

TWO attorneys general

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/889544659579674625

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

1337JiveTurkey posted:

He is pretty full of himself.

If this a "Richard Gere" joke you have my applause

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Okay, now I know he's a goon. Fess up, which one of you is it?

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

"loving :females: am I right?"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It'd be kind of hilarious for Trump to get rid of Sessions then Tillerson would bail.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

:gizz:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zophar posted:

Trump has to nominate replacements for all of these people and have them confirmed by the senate right? So if Tillerson/Sessions/Preibus all nope the gently caress out, does that mean the executive branch is 90% run by Acting ____________?

yes but i believe he has the power to change who becomes the Acting ____ and have it be someone other than the Deputy _____

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

By "Aaron Burr-style" I assume he means stand behind her awkwardly in a pajama onesie?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Kushner is only 4 years older than me but he looks like Mr Burns. Does he have loving rickets or something? Do you even lift, Kushbro?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Can we get Russia's dress tested for semen please?

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.

haveblue posted:

NYC Republicans hating small animals has for some reason become a trend. Joe Lhota, current head of the MTA, announced during the 2013 mayoral campaign that he would allow the subway to run over kittens.

Joe Lhota for President....of the world.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Invalid Validation posted:

Can we get Russia's skirt tested for semen please?

Where would Russia's skirt even be? Crimea? If so, it's full of seamen.

e: I have absolutely zero difficulty imagining the POTUS threatening the family of a 12yo girl he just raped, and that's a sad realisation

WeAreTheRomans fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jul 24, 2017

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Where would Russia's skirt even be? Crimea? If so, it's full of seamen.

Are you proud of that joke

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/889556205911195649

Yes please

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Grapplejack posted:

Are you proud of that joke

I don't even have kids, but past a certain age I guess you just stop giving a gently caress?

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

:stare:

Is this newly released or have we seen this before?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Zophar posted:

It was going on during the campaign, but I think people took about as seriously as Pizzagate around here

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Zophar posted:

This is old news and probably not reliable.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
Translation: "Making reasonable arguments for my positions is hard, why can't I just kill people who disagree with me?"

I fully expected 2017 to bevome a vicious war between politicans... I just really expected the Democrats to be involved in that. Republicans are already publically saying they want to literally murder each other.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I've heard you can lure a Jeff Sessions out of hiding by filling a thimble with mint julep and leaving it on a tree stump overnight.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

huh?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Robot Hobo posted:

Translation: "Making reasonable arguments for my positions is hard, why can't I just kill people who disagree with me?"

I fully expected 2017 to bevome a vicious war between politicans... I just really expected the Democrats to be involved in that. Republicans are already publically saying they want to literally murder each other.

if i were as fat as that guy i wouldn't be dueling, he makes quite an ample target

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Zophar posted:

Trump has to nominate replacements for all of these people and have them confirmed by the senate right? So if Tillerson/Sessions/Preibus all nope the gently caress out, does that mean the executive branch is 90% run by Acting ____________?

I got a hint for you

https://twitter.com/MyDaughtersArmy/status/889514678963064832

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

“I’ve known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it, Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Theory: Clinton was never interested in the presidency. All she ever wanted was to humiliate Trump as much as possible by setting him up for the highest fall in history.

First she became Secretary of state. There she killed Bin Laden and made Obama mock him on the same night. Next she did Benghazi, just to give the opposition an excuse to hate her enough. Later on she encouraged Trump to run, while she sabotaged Sanders from stopping her plans. During the election she leaked her campaign documents, murdered a few people, talked a bit to her buddy Comey and encouraged Weiner to just be himself. At the same time she set up that Russian meeting to frame the Trumps. Finally, after Trump kept sabotaging himself, she realized that she had to hack the election machines in order to lose. (She still took the popular vote just to spite him.) Now that she has given him a taste of his power, she uses all her deepstate agents to make it all tumble down, while she's cackling from the silent shadows.

What did Donald to to make her hate him so much?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This guy loves going on Chris Hayes' show and getting embarrassed so I bet someone from that show is on their phone desperately trying to make that happen right now.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

evilweasel posted:

yes but i believe he has the power to change who becomes the Acting ____ and have it be someone other than the Deputy _____

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/5/3345

Yes, but with limitations to people who have been approved by the Senate or are a GS-15 or above in the Department of Justice and have been serving for at least 3 months in the last year (if I've interpreted the statute correctly)

If he were to take that route the easiest choice would be to have Rachel Brand (Associate AG, approved by Senate in Party Line vote) step over Rosenstein and become acting AG

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Obama's WH interns, for comparison:

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

STAC Goat posted:

This guy loves going on Chris Hayes' show and getting embarrassed so I bet someone from that show is on their phone desperately trying to make that happen right now.

pretty sure this dude was my raid leader a few years ago

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

By "duel" I assume he means a speedrunning race through Super Mario Bros 2.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

redgubbinz posted:

By "duel" I assume he means a speedrunning race through Super Mario Bros 2.
Hot dog eating contest

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

troll levels: pro

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

He'd bring a SNES controller, she'd bring soap, water, and deorderant.

He'd concede in fear.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

lol, jesus christ. One black man and maybe one Asian girl?

edit:

3 Black guys, 1 Hispanic guy, 1 Indian guy, 1 Asian girl.

That's SOOOOOO GOD drat TERRIBLE

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jul 24, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

The largest collection of insufferable College Republicans in American history.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Is it possible for McConnell to whip out the AHCA that the house passed and try for something that would go straight to the presidents desk for signature, in an attempt to pull a fast one at the last minute?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Obama's WH interns, for comparison:

Does Trump even have a professional photographer or is it some nephew of a business associate that they handed a cell phone to and said "take the picture"?

• Locked thread