Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Bobby Digital posted:

I thought a vase was the preferred receptacle

Wrong.

The preferred receptacle is a jar with a pony inside it, preferably on a radiator. A keyboard is also acceptable.

Edit for new page:

Zipperelli. has a new favorite as of 08:17 on Jul 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Take pictures of your stove knobs before you leave on vacation so you can be constantly reassured that you turned the drat thing off! Also works with every other power switch/knob and lock in your home:

http://lifehacker.com/take-photos-of-stove-dials-before-you-leave-for-vacatio-1797036410

My mom sent this one to me (having received it via a cooking site, of all things), adding, basically, "What the gently caress." Good for those with OCD, I suppose, although I could see myself checking those photos over and over in my worry instead.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
If you're that worried, just kill the main breaker and water/gas/etc

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
OMG, I THINK I TOTALLY FORGOT TO KILL THE BREAKER, we have to go back

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

If you go see a movie at a Marcus Theater right now the little message they play after the trailers and before the film has the owner of the company talk about why seeing a movie in the theater is better than watching a movie at home. The last example he gives is that you don't have to worry about smelling the pizza that you left in the oven burning. I wonder how many OCD people have been freaked the gently caress out because of that. Like, here I am trying to watch Spider-Man, and this rear end in a top hat's telling me that my house is burning down.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Make sure you take a picture of your closed garage door too if you have one.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Take pictures of your children before you leave to reassure yourself that they're alive and healthy.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Take pictures of your children before you leave to reassure yourself that they're alive and healthy.

Alternately, cut pictures out of magazines and convince yourself that they're your family.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
Life Hack: Burn down your house before you go on vacation!

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Crust First posted:

Life Hack: Burn down your house before you go on vacation!

Take a photo of the ashes to remind you you did it.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
This remake of Memento is terrible.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Sentient Data posted:

Well I mean if you like clearing out rotten and spoiled food from the fridge and/or your freezer then yeah, sure, but otherwise I think leaving the electricity on is a more safe bet.

(instead just unplug literally everything, in case there's a thunderstorm. especially if it's the middle of winter, you never know)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Build yourself a survival shelter. When you "go on vacation", bunk up in the shelter and watch the many security cameras installed throughout your house for signs of a security breach.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Lifehack: :therapy: for your crippling OCD that won't let you enjoy a vacation in peace.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Lifehack: get a cat so when your friend comes to check on it every day or two, he will surely notice if anything is amiss.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

walrusman posted:

Lifehack: get a cat so when your friend comes to check on it every day or two, he will surely notice if anything is amiss.

Pros: No need to worry about oven left on.

Cons: Now must worry about sitter accidentally letting cat out.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

:tinfoil:

Actually that scares the poo poo out of me, thanks jerk.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Just name your cat Enrique in the spirit of the thread

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Sentient Data posted:

Have Enrique name your cat.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Lol just lol if you don't have Enrique enrique Enrique-the-cat (enricat) for you.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
My boss just calls himself Enrique and pretends to be his own assistant whenever he needs to do something so that people will think he's important.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Sentient Data posted:

If you live somewhere where it gets cold enough to freeze pipes, turning off the water main isnt the worst idea. I have a coworker who left town for three weeks in the winter and got his poo poo all hosed up due to a pipe that froze, burst, then thawed and ran for a week.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Sentient Data posted:

He's named Keanu. :mad:

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

walrusman posted:

My friend checked on my cats while I was at SDCC. I mostly wanted to make sure the two smart ones hadn't burned the place to the ground and the stupid one hadn't drowned himself in the toilet.

I was at an industry dinner surreptitiously checking my phone under the table as she sent me a dozen photos of them being adorable and attention-starved while she cuddled them. :3:

Lifehack: liven up boring business meetings by having a friend send you adorable animal photos

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

http://lifehacker.com/use-a-makeup-sponge-for-mess-free-period-sex-1797313388

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Tired of the crowds at a big tourist trap? Just go somewhere else! Life:hacked.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

That's a good way to get toxic shock syndrome.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Don't like things coming out of your orifices? Just jam whatever you can find up there, that'll probably stop it and be basically fine.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

captainOrbital posted:

My boss just calls himself Enrique and pretends to be his own assistant whenever he needs to do something so that people will think he's important.

*leaves the room, returns immediately with finger under nose as a moustache* ¡Hola!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

davidspackage posted:

*leaves the room, returns immediately with finger under nose as a moustache* ¡Hola!

Everyone needs to register a second account on SA that is just "NAME with a finger under nose."

And can I just say, thank you so much for LP'ing Hopkins FBI? One of my favorite Retsupuraes. That game be crazy.

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

Sunswipe posted:

Everyone needs to register a second account on SA that is just "NAME with a finger under nose."

And can I just say, thank you so much for LP'ing Hopkins FBI? One of my favorite Retsupuraes. That game be crazy.

Incidentally, Hopkins, and most point-and-click protags do a LOT of lifehacky bullshit.

Need to fish, but don't have a fishing rod? Just combine a knife, banana, and rope! Walla!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
You stab the knife through the banana, tie the rope to the knife and cast the end with the knife out into the water. So simple, Bing bong.

E: don't cast into a chimp or gorilla pen, you'll just give them an energetic snack and arm them with a way to drag you in also.

Don't know how to make pizza but want to make a home made pizza? Get a digiorno!

MariusLecter has a new favorite as of 23:45 on Jul 30, 2017

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/datassque/status/891490406776623111

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Sunswipe posted:

Thanks!

jonsicoli posted:

Incidentally, Hopkins, and most point-and-click protags do a LOT of lifehacky bullshit.

Need to fish, but don't have a fishing rod? Just combine a knife, banana, and rope! Walla!

I love those, like creating a Molotov cocktail to light a fireplace in a wax museum in order to melt one of the dolls.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Fil5000 posted:

Don't like things coming out of your orifices? Just jam whatever you can find up there, that'll probably stop it and be basically fine.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Fil5000 posted:

throw an egg in there. who gives a poo poo.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Eww egg on a bag of Oreos :barf:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Tiggum posted:

New thread ti-- oh wait.

(Lifehack: Want to get quoted in the thread title? Just quote the thread title!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

I retweeted this and so many people didn't get the joke and I'm both angry and amazed right now.