Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Mercenary ramza will get enhancements before ramza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

Google play is not cross platform. Maybe an iOS game can make it use it one way or another, but Apple sure as hell isn't going to be eager to allow it to be easy.

True, but it is by design capable of cloud saving etc. so the Android half of the problem comes pre-op solved and I'm sure Apple has some lovely generic thing they do too so just, I don't know, use that.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

I'm guessing Facebook is paying them money to use them.

That's not how any of this works! :P

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

They already have an alternative login system in JP, just not for global. It's loving stupid they don't implement it! I'm guessing Facebook is paying them money to use them.

Is it the FF Portal App?

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Pulled a Luneth off a daily :confuoot:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I got Exdeath#4

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Exdeath #8 :respek:

Ubiquitus posted:

Turn that toot upside down! He's awesome. Unless you already have one.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Exdeath #3, but I've only been playing two weeks.

(Exdeath #2 was yesterday)

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

BGrifter posted:

Exdeath #3, but I've only been playing two weeks.

(Exdeath #2 was yesterday)

Also Exdeath #3

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I think technically it is Exdeath 5 or 6 for me as I may have smooshed one a few months back to make some room

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
My 10+1 ticket in a few days is totally going to be Agrias #4 and ten more Exdeaths.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Got WoL today, number whatever.

I don't think I can beat this robot till I grind out Rikku's pouch and maybe some auto-limit materia. The chances to attempt are far and few between because only two of you have Emperor up, too...

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Sadly my emperor isn't really worth putting up, the best I can manage with him is 641 MAG, which I doubt is enough to be useful.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Got WoL today, number whatever.

I don't think I can beat this robot till I grind out Rikku's pouch and maybe some auto-limit materia. The chances to attempt are far and few between because only two of you have Emperor up, too...

We're friends right? I'll keep mine up for the rest of the week in case people still need some Emperor help. If anyone else here needs a okay-ish geared Emperor friend (900ish MAG, 5k+ HP), let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Guy Farting
Jul 28, 2003

has vegetable salty
468816388 add me I need an emperor thanks

Chasiu
Dec 30, 2007

Ubiquitus posted:

I pulled a Luneth for my daily today also :hfive:, my first 5* physical dps. Wish I didn't already blow all my cactuars from King Mog though so might take a while to get him to max level. What enhancements should I focus on for him?

As far as friend units, I can put up a max LB Rikku if anyone needs? Otherwise will leave my T. Terra up.

Chasiu fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jul 24, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Guy Farting posted:

468816388 add me I need an emperor thanks

Sent.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

WebDO posted:

True, but it is by design capable of cloud saving etc. so the Android half of the problem comes pre-op solved and I'm sure Apple has some lovely generic thing they do too so just, I don't know, use that.

Yeah, "Google uses Google Play and Apple uses GameCenter" is basically how FFRK manages things, but that means if you want to transfer from iOS to Android or vice versa, you're still using Facebook or you're hosed.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Chasiu posted:

I pulled a Luneth for my daily today also :hfive:, my first 5* physical dps. Wish I didn't already blow all my cactuars from King Mog though so might take a while to get him to max level. What enhancements should I focus on for him?

Sword Mastery upgrades his weapon mastery from 20% w/ swords to 50% with swords/daggers/great swords/katanas which is basically an upgrade from +36 ATK to +180 ATK (assuming max atk stat pots of 180 attack and equipping two different weapon types to get Sword Mastery to stack). It's also cheap on the support crysts and cash.

Cut Through upgrades from 2.5x w/ 25% def ignore to a 3.5x w/ 50% def ignore. It's kinda good, and if you use Advance before it the 3.5x upgrades to 5.25x. Definitely get this too, it's the bread and butter of Luneth stabbing the hell out of bad dudes.

Advance feels like the last one to upgrade. At +2 it upgrades Advance from +60% ATK to +100% ATK but it still leaves the 30% DEF debuff on. Since ATK+100% buffs aren't exactly common and the buff it gives Cut Through+2 it sounds good right now but if there was another source of the buff I'd probably skip it to avoid the 30% DEF debuff and assume Cut Through->Cut Through is better than Advance->Cut Through.

e: not that I have a Luneth, this is just my thoughts on reading his enhancements

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I got Shadowned today. :smith:

PaybackJack posted:

I got in the preregistration so hopefully I'm in for sure.

If I can get in line for a question, I want to know, as a loyal American follower, when we can have a Final Fantasy Mystic Quest collab.

You have your priorities straight.

Chasiu
Dec 30, 2007

Scrublord Prime posted:

Sword Mastery upgrades his weapon mastery from 20% w/ swords to 50% with swords/daggers/great swords/katanas which is basically an upgrade from +36 ATK to +180 ATK (assuming max atk stat pots of 180 attack and equipping two different weapon types to get Sword Mastery to stack). It's also cheap on the support crysts and cash.

Thanks! Leon and Delita are both in my current TM party (both around 65% now) so should be able to get that on Luneth by like next week too. So those plus Blade Mastery, Quick Assault x2 and my best TM gear plus Odin gets him to 942 ATK (with maxed ATK pots) according to the unit calculator before enhancements. Sounds like I am going to have a lot of stabby fun :D

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Palleon posted:

Can someone help me understand how the wiki describes skills? I understand the damage ones, those are pretty straightforward modifiers of regular attack damage. But for example, this description of curaja:

Heal (1000 HP, 3.4x) to all allies

What does that mean precisely? It heals 3400 hp to everyone (in which case why a modifier at all)? Or it heals 1000+(3.4 times spirit)? Or is spirit in that case another derived number? I suppose in the end it doesn't really matter since bigger is better, but I just don't understand how they describe these things.

Here's the healing formula:

Skill Base Healing + (0.5 * Unit SPR + 0.1 * Unit MAG) * (Skill Modifier)

The number of HP in the heal is the Base, the number with an X is the Skill's modifier. You'll note that for Regen abilities, the modifier tends to be something gigantic, as well as the Base, because you then have to divide the amount of healing over a set number of turns that it is active to get the heal/turn amount. So Curaja's healing will be:

1000 + 3.4 * (50% of unit's SPR + 10% of Unit's MAG)

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
how do identical debuffs with differing potency interact?

suppose i open a round with WoL using armor eraser and that same round Noctis uses Warp Break. does the more potent debuff prevail or would Noctis with 30% def down overwrite the superior WoL(45%)?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Well, I finally finished up Aigaion. Jesus Christ, that was a long loving fight. I wasn't in any real danger except boredom. One time I wasn't paying attention and world destroyer came up but fortunately I had a Rikku LB up from earlier. More annoying was that I couldn't use my favorite damage dealers, Olive and Orlandeau. At least I'm done now and it's time for Fistlandeau.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

KataraniSword posted:

And from Brave Frontier experience, I'd say alim/Gumi stuff is worse spaghetti code than most.

Reminder that the code to resist Stop and Charm is literally a new status effect the game has to apply at the start of every fight. Because they couldn't make them normal status effects. If you check for instance, Ayaka, she has a passive ability that applies 100% Stop Resist to her at the start of a round.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

dangerous.hotdog posted:

We're friends right? I'll keep mine up for the rest of the week in case people still need some Emperor help. If anyone else here needs a okay-ish geared Emperor friend (900ish MAG, 5k+ HP), let me know and I'll be happy to help.

We are, thanks. I'm grinding away at Rikku's TMR as we speak. That should do it.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

new kind of cat posted:

how do identical debuffs with differing potency interact?

suppose i open a round with WoL using armor eraser and that same round Noctis uses Warp Break. does the more potent debuff prevail or would Noctis with 30% def down overwrite the superior WoL(45%)?

Buffs and debuffs don't stack, the greatest value is always used. Buffs aren't overwritten afaik either so I'd assume the same with debuffs. So for example:
Turn 1: Mercedes uses War Cry, everybody gets a +50% ATK buff for 3 turns
Turn 2: Noctis uses Link, everybody gets a +30% ATK buff for 3 turns. However War Cry is still up and buffs don't stack so everybody has +50% ATK.
Turn 3: w/e, War Cry lasts for one more turn, Link lasts for two more turns. +50% ATK
Turn 4: War Cry falls off but Link's buff is still up so everybody now gets +30% ATK
Turn 5: Link falls off, everybody reverts to their normal ATK

e: fixed some nonsense

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jul 25, 2017

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Since Ramza Enhancements arent coming anytime soon, just use Mercedes Awakened Warcry for Massive shitload of damage.

Will see how this goes.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Okay, just thinking aloud while I grind out Rikku's TMR, what if, what if, I were to try to perfect chain Orlandeus on the robot's body?

Who can chain with a disgustingly good friend Freyvia? Ashe? Would that work?

Fohlen's not going to be much help here... maybe Reberta? Could dual Rebertae be a replacement for dual Freyvias?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Okay, just thinking aloud while I grind out Rikku's TMR, what if, what if, I were to try to perfect chain Orlandeus on the robot's body?
If he's still using excalibur, you're going to do about 1% of his health. I nailed him with like a 36 chain or so and it didn't even make a notable dent. Nor did orlandeus chaining into an olive finisher. He strongly resists both holy and lightning.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Tagichatn posted:

Well, I finally finished up Aigaion. Jesus Christ, that was a long loving fight. I wasn't in any real danger except boredom. One time I wasn't paying attention and world destroyer came up but fortunately I had a Rikku LB up from earlier. More annoying was that I couldn't use my favorite damage dealers, Olive and Orlandeau. At least I'm done now and it's time for Fistlandeau.

Shame that Orlandu's LB is kinda bad (except for auto battle aoe spam I guess) because it fills crazy fast. With Rikku's TM it's fun to watch Orlandu and Olive fire off LBs and then instantly get a full gauge because they got a couple crystals.

Who can chain with a disgustingly good friend Freyvia? Ashe? Would that work?

Fohlen's not going to be much help here... maybe Reberta? Could dual Rebertae be a replacement for dual Freyvias?

Aigerion was designed entirely with a "gently caress Orlandu breaking our game's content" mindset.

Unfortunatelly for the robot, it was not designed with the foreknowledge that Fryevia would exist in global, and she's basically tailor-made to destroy him due to doing mag(well, hybrid) ice damage and his one breakable stat being SPR, while also having lower SPR than DEF.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
I really want that fist weapon for Tidus, but I think it's going to be a long while before I can fight that robot.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
:negative: FFT event, no raid announced.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Meliadoul gets a GE Reraise which could make her useful for the Robot. Orran gets dual-magic which is pretty cool. Ramza gets a couple stat boosting GE traits, not sure if they'll make him of any use. Delita has really good TM armor for a tank.

Nice to see they kept that Agrias, and Gaffgarion have a 75% bonus for the King Mog currency, though who knows if that means they'll gently caress with the rates.

Agrias getting her 6* should be cool, although she'll still be waiting around for her enhancements which I don't know if they'll give her next month or not.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
So it looks like Agrias has divine ruination, I assume it's the same as Orlandeau, except lower base damage due to her stats? Does this mean having 4 copies of her is finally going to pay off?

Palleon fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Jul 25, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Palleon posted:

So it looks like Agrias has divine ruination, I assume tis the same as Orlandeau, except lower base damage due to her stats? Does this mean having 4 copies of her is finally going to pay off?

Agrias: 160% ST 5 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -50% Light Resist (38 MP)

Orlandeau: 200% ST 7 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -50% Light Resist (45MP)

So not as much damage and not as many hits. Her enhancements make it equal to his unenhanced version.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Agrias is also on the defensive side and doesn't have great attack passives until enhancements give her 50% Great Sword mastery, only getting Atk 20% otherwise. She also covers female party members for 50% damage mitigation and gets curaja.

Nuebot posted:

:negative: FFT event, no raid announced.
I think their logic here is they're not dropping a raid on us without something else to do with NRG, so next week maybe.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Trap banner incoming!

Well, at least for most of us. By now, you should have plenty of Gaff and Agrias to run three full bonus teams. The only unit worth pulling for is probably Meliadoul for her global exclusive auto revive that's needed for Mr. Roboto. Now for the bad news...

Here are the odds of getting her with a single ticket pull:

1.1%!

It gets a little better if you waste a 4* guaranteed ticket...

11.8%

Your best shot is an 11 pull, but holy hell does it still suck!

21.7%

The only way I'm pulling on this banner is if I need gaff and agrias cause I'm a new player. Otherwise, stay far away! Why the hell would you waste pulls now when Nier is likely to hit next week?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cartoon Man posted:

The only way I'm pulling on this banner is if I need gaff and agrias cause I'm a new player. Otherwise, stay far away! Why the hell would you waste pulls now when Nier is likely to hit next week?

Most important thing right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I think the daily free pull goes back to being the daily half pull. I'll do that next week just for a chance. Knight Delita's Chestpiece looks real nice.

• Locked thread