Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan G
Dec 27, 2003

WampaLord posted:

Tyrion was Master of Cisterns, he knows all the pipes in Casterly rock. :eng101:

Am I right in thinking Tyrion doesn't know that the Casterly Rock mines are done? If so they're rocking up thinking it's tons of loot to fund their campaign in gold and nothing will be there. The Lannisters "we always pay our debts" can then be spread as false and further undermine Cersei.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Alan G posted:

Am I right in thinking Tyrion doesn't know that the Casterly Rock mines are done? If so they're rocking up thinking it's tons of loot to fund their campaign in gold and nothing will be there. The Lannisters "we always pay our debts" can then be spread as false and further undermine Cersei.

Either way it will be very bad for Cersei.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

esperterra posted:

Missandei's tits looked suspicious. CGI suspicious.

We ain't watching this stinker for the writing anymore so I swear to christ if they stole from the fake dragon budget to deny us real tits...

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Alan G posted:

I don't think he cares about funding, he just wants to eliminate the Lannister army.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Dany's army doesn't seem to care about eating or making camp anywhere why should they care about funding?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Lol if you think shes famous enough to warrant CGing fake tits.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it'll all be for nothing if they kept the hot sand snake alive just to deny us tits.

of all the outlandish things on this show grey worm knowing how to eat puss might be the most ridiculous!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

banned from Starbucks posted:

I'd have to watch again, but there was definitely some weirdness going on. idk if it's full fake tits, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was wearing pasties and they added the nipples in post. It's pretty common.

e: like the movement just looked unnatural when she was taking her top off. I could be wrong, but as someone with tits who likes to suck on tits I like to think of myself somewhat knowledgeable.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

of all the outlandish things on this show grey worm knowing how to eat puss might be the most ridiculous!

Grey worm is secretly jon snows brother.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

esperterra posted:

Missandei's tits looked suspicious. CGI suspicious.

It could be me looking for something that isn't there but it seemed like her head didn't quite move with the rest of her body, like an inverse bobblehead.

e.g.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

banned from Starbucks posted:

Deffo not the first time we saw her but since then she has been in multiple Fast&Furious movies and is really famous. She probably wouldn't do nakey scenes after that, like Emilia Clarke.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Captain Splendid posted:

It could be me looking for something that isn't there but it seemed like her head didn't quite move with the rest of her body, like an inverse bobblehead.

e.g.

*forums poster captain splendid in a dark, smoke filled apartment*

"Zoom in. Enhance. Zoom in. Enhance. Enhance. I will get to the bottom of this."

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i liked how obvious it was they used a body double for the shame scene. why not just never show face and body at the same time if it's gonna look like the shittiest copy and paste.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
What is Dany going to do with the Dothraki after she is finished conquering Westeros?

It seems that having a horde that is accustomed to raping and pillaging and doesn't speak the native language would be somewhat complicated and I doubt that the crown will have the income to have a standing army of 60k mounted fighters.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

GaussianCopula posted:

What is Dany going to do with the Dothraki after she is finished conquering Westeros?

It seems that having a horde that is accustomed to raping and pillaging and doesn't speak the native language would be somewhat complicated and I doubt that the crown will have the income to have a standing army of 60k mounted fighters.

Somebody has to fight off the Iron Bank when they come to collect.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

GaussianCopula posted:

Fortunately, they all have to kill themselves when she dies.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

drunken officeparty posted:

Deffo not the first time we saw her but since then she has been in multiple Fast&Furious movies and is really famous. She probably wouldn't do nakey scenes after that, like Emilia Clarke.

Im sure the 16th top billed F&F and 23rd GoT actress has a lot of pull in not wanting to do a 3sec tit shot.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

Send them back to Essos. "Great job, war's over, now you can go home!"

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Groovelord Neato posted:

i liked how obvious it was they used a body double for the shame scene. why not just never show face and body at the same time if it's gonna look like the shittiest copy and paste.

Because it's better this way, imo. I wasn't too hot on the body double, but Headey was preggo at the time so they worked with what they had. She gets her tits out so often she likely would have done the walk herself, otherwise.

Like even with the double, the scene mostly lived up to my expectations, and I had been waiting for them to do it for years by then. It was a bit awkward but didn't take away from the scene for me, personally.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

GaussianCopula posted:

She would probably keep a token force in Westeros, and let the rest go back to Essos, where the land better suits their lifestyle

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

WampaLord posted:

Send them back to Essos. "Great job, war's over, now you can go home!"

Line goes perfect with your avatar.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

unlawfulsoup posted:

Line goes perfect with your avatar.

Thanks! This thing is the best $5 I've ever spent.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

D&D did CGI tits, Sam got Grey Bonitis.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

esperterra posted:

Like even with the double, the scene mostly lived up to my expectations, and I had been waiting for them to do it for years by then. It was a bit awkward but didn't take away from the scene for me, personally.

:chloe:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Cersei is my favourite character, girl, let me feel my oats!

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Grey worm is a dead man walking now. There's nothing left for him to do but die.

Also I saw some of the Arya scene chat from earlier but am I the only one who think she's probably going to king's landing after all? Like saying "That's not you" wasn't only literally saying her wolf isn't domesticated anymore but also was her reaffirming it was her lot in life now to continue on her path of revenge killings, even after learning she could go back to living somewhat normally? It doesn't have to have anything to do with her thinking she's no-one, she's Arya, but who Arya is at this point is an instrument of revenge not the noble lady she'd be if she went back to winterfell. I guess this'll be answered by where she is next time she turns up.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Don't we already know she does go North?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Also I saw some of the Arya scene chat from earlier but am I the only one who think she's probably going to king's landing after all?

OH MY GOD, GOONS ARE SO BAD AT WATCHING THIS SHOW.

We see her exit the inn. There's a cart full of people going one way and we hear the people say "Next stop, King's Landing!"

Then she waits, thinks for a bit, and goes THE OTHER WAY.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

^^^ dude meant after the wolf scene you loving anal turd

Yeah we all read the spoilers but sure I can see thinking that. I thought it'd make more sense for her to go to kings landing even after hearing about Jon. The show is probably gonna end up warping her there anyway.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah if she changes her mind again I'm gonna wonder why there were even 8 episodes this season. With what has actually happened so far could fit into half an episode.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

WampaLord posted:

OH MY GOD, GOONS ARE SO BAD AT WATCHING THIS SHOW.

We see her exit the inn. There's a cart full of people going one way and we hear the people say "Next stop, King's Landing!"

Then she waits, thinks for a bit, and goes THE OTHER WAY.

What does she want in Dorne?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Harton posted:

Yeah if she changes her mind again I'm gonna wonder why there were even 8 episodes this season. With what has actually happened so far could fit into half an episode.

The entire season is just filler. Like the show is already over at this point, they just need to waste time until they are allowed to end it.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

kater posted:

^^^ dude meant after the wolf scene you loving anal turd

Why would she change her mind again?!? Like I know we joke about bad writing, but that's just beyond the pale. She got dramatic music behind her decision to go north and everything, it was a Big Character Moment.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

You know if I'm HBO, I'd be pretty happy with how the show is diverging from the books. That means 10-15 years down the line you have free reign to reboot an adaptation as the "definitive" version of the story. It's free money.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

WampaLord posted:

Why would she change her mind again?!? Like I know we joke about bad writing, but that's just beyond the pale. She got dramatic music behind her decision to go north and everything, it was a Big Character Moment.

Because the wolf scene made her realize like her wolf she is no longer who she was 6 years ago. Just because a plot line doesn't go Point A -> Point B doesn't make it bad writing, especially if she's reaffirming previous character development after learning of news that could lead to her justifying throwing that development away.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

wouldn't it have made more sense for euron's fleet to pillage the dornish coast causing yara and co to have to go out and find him and then have him lay some trap instead of it just being totally random in the middle of the night and impossible for him to have found them and attacked them.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Arya clearly realized it was a mistake to drop out of school without getting her degree and is going back to Braavos.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Ague Proof posted:

lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ague Proof posted:

The bad pussy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The hot pie scene ruled and I found it pretty touching but it was kind of confusing. Like arya didn't think Jon was dead did she? The only thing really different is he's few miles south. She's got no reason to distrust the nights watch does she? The only one she knew kicked total rear end.

• Locked thread