Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How hot is it now?
This poll is closed.
As Balls 49 36.03%
As Hell 22 16.18%
As poo poo 10 7.35%
It's just the humidity, dumbass. 55 40.44%
Total: 136 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006

evilweasel posted:

i wasn't

i really only started watching football tom brady's first season

i think i had pretty good timing

I started the first year the Eagles made the NFCCG so I got used to crushing disappointment early :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

/walks up to the mic
/clears throat
"gently caress boston"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

In the mid 90s I was both a Patriots and Bucs fan and one day decided I needed to go with one team. I chose the Bucs. I hosed that decision up.

No, you chose wisely.

Technically, the Bucs have the first pure Super Bowl win (after the alignment) :smuggo:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Got curious about QB WINZ and teams that quarterbacks have never beaten. The only in NFL history to beat all teams existing at the time are Tarkenton, Montana, Favre and Peyton. Kerry Collins nearly got there, but he never beat the Dolphins.

code:
Player			Beat	Not Beat
Tom Brady		31	Patriots
Drew Brees		31	Ravens
Big Ben			31	Steelers
Aaron Rodgers		30	Bengals, Packers
Alex Smith		30	Chiefs, 49ers
Joe Flacco		29	Packers, Ravens, Seahawks
Eli Manning		29	Colts, Giants, Chargers
Matt Ryan		29	Falcons, Patriots, Steelers
Carson Palmer		28	Bills, Cardinals, Patriots, Giants
Philip Rivers		28	Panthers, Packers, Saints, Chargers
Andy Dalton		27	Panthers, Bears, Bengals, Cowboys, 49ers
Russell Wilson		27	Bengals, Colts, Chiefs, Chargers, Seahawks
Cam Newton		25	Bills, Panthers, Bengals, Broncos, Chiefs, Steelers, Ravens
Matt Schaub		25	Falcons, Cardinals, Cowboys, Texans, Vikings, Giants, Eagles
Matthew Stafford	23	Bills, Bengals, Cardinals, Lions, Texans, Patriots, Titans, Steelers, Ravens
Mark Sanchez		22	Falcons, Bears, Packers, Saints, Jets, Eagles, Ravens, Seahawks, 49ers, Buccaneers
Ryan Tannehill		22	Panthers, Cowboys, Broncos, Lions, Packers, Chiefs, Dolphins, Saints, Giants, Buccaneers
Matt Cassel		21	Falcons, Panthers, Bears, Bengals, Cowboys, Packers, Chiefs, Patriots, Giants, Ravens, Buccaneers
Colin Kaepernick	21	Bills, Bengals, Browns, Colts, Broncos, Lions, Jets, Steelers, Raiders, Chargers, 49ers
Andrew Luck		21	Falcons, Panthers, Colts, Cardinals, Cowboys, Saints, Patriots, Eagles, Steelers, Rams, Buccaneers
LOL Rodgers, LOL Luck.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/friv/qb-wins.htm

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Forever_Peace posted:

Well I mean yeah but I'm still peppering the forums with bold, outlandish predictions so that I can link the right one at the end of the season and be like "it was foretold".

Like that goon who had a dream about the blocked punt overtime victory, only fake.

It was a safety in overtime on Halloween and it was glorious. I would follow that Bengals poster to hell.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Shangri-Law School posted:

Got curious about QB WINZ and teams that quarterbacks have never beaten. The only in NFL history to beat all teams existing at the time are Tarkenton, Montana, Favre and Peyton. Kerry Collins nearly got there, but he never beat the Dolphins.

code:
Player			Beat	Not Beat
Tom Brady		31	Patriots
Drew Brees		31	Ravens
Big Ben			31	Steelers
Matthew Stafford	23	Bills, Bengals, Cardinals, Lions, Texans, Patriots, Titans, Steelers, Ravens
Mark Sanchez		22	Falcons, Bears, Packers, Saints, Jets, Eagles, Ravens, Seahawks, 49ers, Buccaneers
Ryan Tannehill		22	Panthers, Cowboys, Broncos, Lions, Packers, Chiefs, Dolphins, Saints, Giants, Buccaneers
Matt Cassel		21	Falcons, Panthers, Bears, Bengals, Cowboys, Packers, Chiefs, Patriots, Giants, Ravens, Buccaneers
Colin Kaepernick	21	Bills, Bengals, Browns, Colts, Broncos, Lions, Jets, Steelers, Raiders, Chargers, 49ers
Andrew Luck		21	Falcons, Panthers, Colts, Cardinals, Cowboys, Saints, Patriots, Eagles, Steelers, Rams, Buccaneers
LOL Rodgers, LOL Luck.

My poor neck-bearded QB...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

quote:

Matt Ryan 29 Falcons, Patriots, Steelers

So triggered rn

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol at Eli not beating the Chargers. 0 for 3.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Diva Cupcake posted:

It was part of the trade agreement all those years ago

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0681181452146053869-4

ESPN posted:

No more touchdown-commercial-kickoff-commercial sequences. NFL TV broadcasts won't have "the double up" on commercials anymore, Packers president Mark Murphy said.

:bisonyes:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

code:
Player			Beat	Not Beat

Alex could have a chance at this depending on where he goes next year/the year after and if he can hang around as a starter another 5 years or so. I'm assuming he won't go back to the 49ers but I guess who knows?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/889588397534310401?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

:hehe:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

About loving time

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I'm old as poo poo and remember my dad getting mad watching the Bears mercilessly shithouse the Patriots in 1986. Beating Marino in Miami in a game where the weather reduced it to a borderline-unwatchable mud pit murderbrawl was basically the highlight of Patriots fandom to that point. Somebody got rich printing stupid "squish the fish" T-shirts.

(looks it up) LOL 71 yards passing, 255 yards rushing. I'm sure we can do that to the '85 Bears and their 46 defense...right?

This is kind of the perfect piece of sports writing about the old-timey Patriots, and at their moment of peak franchise triumph up to that point, too:

"The Patriots Get Down, Get Dirty and Get Dull"

http://articles.latimes.com/1986-01-13/sports/sp-27706_1_patriot-guard

:corsair:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

pubic works project posted:

My poor neck-bearded QB...

How many of those teams was he out because of injury? Not that his winning percentage is good against non AFC South teams.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

We now go live to Denver.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

code:
Player			Beat	Not Beat
Tom Brady		31	Patriots
Drew Brees		31	Ravens
Big Ben			31	Steelers
LOL Rodgers, LOL Luck.

Rivers and Brees have played three times and I've wanted to kill myself after each one

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Drew Brees never beating the Ravens is so random

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Alex Smith not beating either of the teams he has played on is pretty funny too.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Panthers FO shakeup continues:

https://twitter.com/DNewtonespn/status/889591840143364096

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eli Wiggum posted:

Drew Brees never beating the Ravens is so random

He's only played them 4 times. 2003, 2006, 2010, and 2014.

In 2003 the Chargers were awful, 2006 the Ravens were a 13-3 team, 2010 both teams were pretty good and the game was on the road, 2014 the Saints were pretty bad and the Ravens ok. So half not a ton of chances and half bad timing it looks like.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

what the gently caress is going on

edit* holy poo poo he was fired by hurney two months after being hired by gettleman

hurney is game of thrones'ing this poo poo.

next will be the part where cersei extends a bunch of lovely runningbacks

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

FizFashizzle posted:

what the gently caress is going on

edit* holy poo poo he was fired by hurney two months after being hired by gettleman

hurney is game of thrones'ing this poo poo.

next will be the part where cersei extends a bunch of lovely runningbacks

Valar morghulis

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Diva Cupcake posted:

Yeah and the two times Eli played the Chargers in San Diego, the Giants got absolutely pantsed. like blown out by 20+ points.

The '09 game in the Meadowlands was a really fun one. Giants had the ball for something like 37 minutes and still lost because their defense was a tire fire that year despite still having a really good pass rush.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I started watching football in the ray rhodes era get on my level

My college team has the most wins without a natty. People wonder why I'm eternally bitter and depressing.

Asproigerosis fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jul 24, 2017

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I started watching the Patriots in 1994, Drew Bledsoe's second year, and my team's had like 2 years of bad football and maybe 3-4 years of average football since I've started.

It's been a long, dumb run for the Patriots.

Like here's how "horrible" it was pre-Brady:

1994 - Start 3-6, then Parcells tells Bledsoe to throw every down and they win 7 in a row to squeak into the playoffs and then they lose to the Belichick Browns. They didn't really belong there, but that was a fun as hell team. First QB to ever complete 50 passes to 5 different guys.

1995 - 6-10, real disappointment, nothing went well this year.

1996 - Retool the offense. Curtis Martin's in his 2nd year now, they draft Terry Glenn, sign Shawn Jefferson from the Chargers and have a drat good O and Belichick comes back and fixes the D. They do unspeakable things to one of those awful pre-Roethlisberger Steeler teams in the playoffs, and then stomp a Jaguars team riding high off of upsetting a way better Broncos team. .... then they get their poo poo pushed in by Brett Favre and Reggie White.

1997 - Parcells and Belichick leave, the players get better, but the team does worse. Win a game off of one of those Marino and 44 JAGs teams before losing 7-6 to one of those offense-less Steeler teams.

1998 - Team does worse again, but still a playoff team. Turns out you need to add talent in the draft and the Pats' aren't doing that. Get stomped by basically the same Jags team as '96.

1999 - Finish 5th in the AFC East at 8-8. Crazy right? Turns out you need to draft good players and not let your good free agents sign with the Parcells' Jets. This gets Pete Carroll and our awful GM fired and replaced by Belichick.

2000 - An aging declining team with next to no good young players from the last 3 drafts gets stripped to the bone by Belichick. They go 5-11, and everyone starts grumbling about old mr. gloomy.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 24, 2017

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I wonder what this year's FanDuel-style annoying ad will be.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/889613904862695424

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Asproigerosis posted:

I started watching football in the ray rhodes era get on my level

My college team has the most wins without a natty. People wonder why I'm eternally bitter and depressing.

Virginia Tech?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

"wow" like he's a player anyone would know if his name wasn't Lucky Whitehead

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

Or if his dog hadn't been dognapped.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

What, his 260 yards from scrimmage and 0 TD's don't have him on your radar?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

What, his 260 yards from scrimmage and 0 TD's don't have him on your radar?

I mean, training camp starts today for them doesn't it? Who's sitting out there that they need to make the move right now?

I wonder if they made him show up just to cut him.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Cowboys drafted his replacement in the fourth round anyway

It was a matter of time

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Character is important on this squad; particularly, not making the coach look like a bigger idiot a day after he gave a speech about how important character is to his team.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Grittybeard posted:

He's only played them 4 times. 2003, 2006, 2010, and 2014.

In 2003 the Chargers were awful, 2006 the Ravens were a 13-3 team, 2010 both teams were pretty good and the game was on the road, 2014 the Saints were pretty bad and the Ravens ok. So half not a ton of chances and half bad timing it looks like.

That 2010 game was awesome. Close, excellent offense on both sides and Joe Flacco cursing out the refs. It also had Flacco's best throw to date. It was a 30 yard arched pass over the defense that fell perfectly into the tiny basket that was Ray Rice's little arms.

I miss liking Ray Rice.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Adam Schefter
5 mins ·
·
Lucky Whitehead's agent, David Rich, said his client was not in Virginia when the incident occurred and it's a case of mistaken identity.
On June 22, Whitehead was in Dallas, per his flight ticket that Rich has a copy of. Whitehead's United flight left 7:18 am direct to Washington D.C. that morning and landed at 11:30 am - that is 10 hours after the shoplifting crime occurred in Woodbridge, Va.
Rich told the Cowboys he didn't appear in court because he never received the citation and summons. The reason he didn't receive the citation and summons is because he wasn't in the state when the crime occurred, Rich said. Still the Cowboys announced they released Whitehead.
Rich has told the Cowboys this information. He says the plane record speaks for itself. "It's just unfortunate for the kid," Rich said.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I miss liking Ray Rice.

It wasn't a loving first down

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

weird Asian candy posted:

Adam Schefter
5 mins ·
·
Lucky Whitehead's agent, David Rich, said his client was not in Virginia when the incident occurred and it's a case of mistaken identity.
On June 22, Whitehead was in Dallas, per his flight ticket that Rich has a copy of. Whitehead's United flight left 7:18 am direct to Washington D.C. that morning and landed at 11:30 am - that is 10 hours after the shoplifting crime occurred in Woodbridge, Va.
Rich told the Cowboys he didn't appear in court because he never received the citation and summons. The reason he didn't receive the citation and summons is because he wasn't in the state when the crime occurred, Rich said. Still the Cowboys announced they released Whitehead.
Rich has told the Cowboys this information. He says the plane record speaks for itself. "It's just unfortunate for the kid," Rich said.

This is gonna be in Uncle John's Bathroom reader in 5 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

swickles posted:

Virginia Tech?

I am deeply offended, however you have guaranteed will grier will be having a heisman season so it is ok.

• Locked thread