Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
It's not specifically for today, but I'm pretty sure this week marks the 10th anniversary of the first time my wife and I hosed :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Had a nice midweek grill evening with our neighbour and it was warm enough outside until late into the night.

Also it is warm enough to leasurly swim in the city river here and it's wonderful to cool down after a hot day.

Just to give you an idea of the river I'm talking about.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

They talked about breakfast cereals on a podcast I was listening to and it made me really want some rice bubbles. So I bought some, even though I thought they were probably not going to be as satisfying as I hoped. But they were. They were really good. I'll eat some more tomorrow.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
The wife and I reserved this wee guy to be picked up Saturday at the breeder.

Say hello to Colin :)

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

^ Colin is so loving handsome! What breed is he? Hard to tell with puppies.

My girlfriend and I got the little house we wanted to rent! It's right outside the major city in our rapidly expanding state, so there were a lot of other interested parties. Just finding an apartment is hard, so we were incredibly lucky to get this space. I realized that I've "gotten" every interview I've ever had - whether job or apartment, and it made me feel really good.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Tiggum posted:

They talked about breakfast cereals on a podcast I was listening to and it made me really want some rice bubbles. So I bought some, even though I thought they were probably not going to be as satisfying as I hoped. But they were. They were really good. I'll eat some more tomorrow.

Would that podcast happen to be called Intentional Sounding?

Anyways, my Day (and hopefully year) will be awesome because I just got my work permit for my teaching job in China. I can finally apply for the Work Visa. Just in time, too

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
GOT A NEW JOB :yotj:

Contract to hire, $8k more per year starting pay, closer to home, no on call, no being tied to a cell 24/7 any more. Been putting my resume out and a really good tech recruiter in my area got me hooked up with a long-standing, large, international company in town, and when I told her what I currently make at the MSP where I work, her words verbatim were "wow, you're way, way below market value with the experience and background you have". Once the contract goes to permanent hire, I could potentially get another $5-10k increase in salary based on performance alone. Can't wait to get the hell out of the place I'm in now, office politics and terrible management are making it unbearable and I doubt the MSP lasts another 3-4 years before either going bankrupt or getting acquired by another company.

The interview went so well that the hiring manager and supervisor at the company called to offer me the job before I even got out of the parking lot :aaa:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Forceholy posted:

Would that podcast happen to be called Intentional Sounding?

Nope, it was an old episode of I Burn Everything.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

porkswordonboard posted:

^ Colin is so loving handsome! What breed is he? Hard to tell with puppies.

My girlfriend and I got the little house we wanted to rent! It's right outside the major city in our rapidly expanding state, so there were a lot of other interested parties. Just finding an apartment is hard, so we were incredibly lucky to get this space. I realized that I've "gotten" every interview I've ever had - whether job or apartment, and it made me feel really good.

Thanks! Colin is a wirehaired dachshund - 8 weeks old today.

He'll be living with the wife and I, and 4 cats.

Congratulations on your new house :)

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I get to petsit tonight and we might go look at apartments for me tomorrow!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
After losing my prescription sunglasses the other day, I went to a nearby store to buy another pair today. What's awesome is that they've got a 50% discount on lenses going on, so I've saved a good chunk of cash.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
The gate at the gym's parking lot exit was busted off so I didn't have to pay.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Got $150 for petsitting for a relative last week. Awww yeah.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My photography hero who I've looked up to for years liked a photo I posted on Facebook! :dance:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Unreal place, congrats on the great day.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
I'm in this month's issue of Parachutist magazine! :D

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
I got in a test of the latest Jackbox Party Pack game against Nick Robinson from Polygon and he said I made a really good joke.

Biffmotron
Jan 12, 2007

Played Terra Mystica (fairly complex boardgame) for the first time today and won.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Visited the Gumball 3000 in Riga. I uploaded 50 pics here: http://imgur.com/gallery/gSUOa, but here's a small selection of what I saw.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I'm currently taking a poo poo at work, making time and a half plus holiday pay to do so.

I loving love America.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
On a ship going around the coast of Alaska this week.

https://imgur.com/pvW4Tiq

Happy fourth of July, everyone!

https://imgur.com/a/StsSu

Yobgoblin has a new favorite as of 20:53 on Jul 4, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I was super nice to and joked around with a call center guy (who undoubtedly has a ton of people yelling at him all day), and he seemed genuinely happy at the end of the concersation :unsmith:

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

I got a 3 dollar an hour raise today :woop:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

A Proper Uppercut posted:

I got a 3 dollar an hour raise today :woop:

3 dollar raise buddy :hfive: Mine was a few weeks ago, though.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Vlex posted:

I have decided to marry my girlfriend.

She said yes.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Vlex posted:

She said yes.

YAAAAY! Go you, dude(tte?)!!!!

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006

Astrofig posted:

YAAAAY! Go you, dude(tte?)!!!!

Dude.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Vlex posted:

She said yes.

:cheers: Congrats to the happy couple!

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Vlex posted:

She said yes.

Congratulations mate!

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006

Thank you, faceless internet people. Who would've thought when I registered with my Dad's credit card eleven years ago that it would come to this.

I think I made one funny post, once, in LF.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I've been having a rough year at work, changed job functions significantly from what I was doing to take on a new challenge, felt like I've been struggling with it and not doing a good job. Just got an "Outstanding Performance Award" for the work we did over the winter and got some big ups from our federal sponsor and found out that work is opening the floodgates that might push a ton more business our way. It's tough when you're in the poo poo but it's nice to get some recognition like that.

Also, that award comes with $150 dropped into my account. :boom:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I had a pretty good pork chop

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I finally got my new glasses after wearing broken ones for 5 months. Also got prescription sunglasses.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I'm finally employed again!:woop:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Annointed posted:

:cheers:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Annointed posted:

I have three interviews this week (two phone, one on-site) to potentially get out of my poo poo dead-end job so sup employment bud :hf:

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

C-Euro posted:

I have three interviews this week (two phone, one on-site) to potentially get out of my poo poo dead-end job so sup employment bud :hf:

I just had my second interview for a non-service position that pays $15 an hour to start :D :D

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Instead of just pumping myself with pain meds like I've been doing most of my adult life, I'm finally figuring out what my headache triggers are enough that I can "fix" them more conventionally/naturally. Like, 'oh, this is a caffeine withdrawal headache, this is a posture headache, this is a hunger headache', etc.

It's really low level and I should've done this years ago, but dammit, I'm doing it.

Late edit because I didn't actually mention what I was talking about.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 03:06 on Jul 26, 2017

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

C-Euro posted:

I hope you have better luck then me. I thought I got a new job after so long, it was just a scam to embezzle money. I reported them to the police and my bank before they got a single cent transferred. My day will be awesome if this leads to their asses to jail.

Ah! You must be a Friend that exploits the desperation of others!

Annointed has a new favorite as of 03:01 on Jul 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Annointed posted:

I hope you have better luck then me. I thought I got a new job after so long, it was just a scam to embezzle money. I reported them to the police and my bank before they got a single cent transferred. My day will be awesome if this leads to their asses to jail.

Ah! You must be a Friend that exploits the desperation of others!

:laffo: drat that sucks, but I'd love to hear details (or post them in BFC). Fortunately the remaining phone interview and on-site interview are for very real companies. I also know a guy at the on-site place and talked to him today, where he allayed a lot of my corporate culture concerns about the place. So that's cool.