Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Arcsquad12 posted:

Night King blows up the wall. Out of nowhere Euron comes flying off the top of the wall on a boat on fire and shanks the Others with a dragonglass axe.

This would work in every show. Suddenly euron pulls up his in flaming boat and jumps down onto the pier, killing nicky and paolo on lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

He's no book Euron but showing him doing Victarion poo poo from the book is a decent enough compromise. Up until now he's been all talk so showing him doing anything but talk is an improvement.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Klungar posted:

So now that Arts is heading back north, someone want to be a pal and find where those set spoilers were posted in the thread?
Bolded stuff that happened

- Dany and her posse arrives in Westeros, demands fealty from lords of Westeros, burns those who don't comply
- Jon and Davos travel to Dragonstone to ask for Dany's help with the White Walkers, she shuts them down
- Euron and Cersei join forces
- Jon realizes he needs proof, resolves to capture a live wight for show and tell
- Arya murders the rest of the Freys
- Jaime rides with the Lannister army against Highgarden
- Gendry returns at last, joins the wight hunting party Would it be immersion breaking for him to do this shirtless?
- Sam cures Jorah's greyscale with his maester powers and they go North together
- Euron destroys Yara's fleet, Theon survives and makes it to Dragonstone
- Reunions throughout the season: Arya + Bran + Sansa, Arya + Nymeria, Theon + Jon, Jon + Tyrion, Jorah + Dany, Sam + Bran, Jamie + Tyrion + Bronn
- The remaining Martells and Tyrells are hurriedly written out of the story: Euron kills the Sand Snakes 2 so far (!!!), Olenna confesses to killing Joffrey and then poisons herself
- Dany's dragons ambush the Lannister army and burn them down
- The wight hunting party grows to includes Jorah, Tormund, Beric, Thoros, and the Hound. They run into trouble beyond the Wall and most are ultimately saved by Dany and her dragons
- Viserion (the white dragon) dies and the Night's King raises him as a blue eyes wight dragon
- Dany agrees to help stop the White Walkers
- Littlefinger tries to turn Sansa against her family, is sentenced to death and executed by Arya
- In King's Landing, Jon, Dany and their allies show a live wight to Cersei to win her aid as well. Cersei agrees to help but secretly plots to allow the White Walkers to kill her enemies first
- Sam and Bran figure out Jon's heritage
- Jon and Dany gently caress
- The Wall falls
- GRRM cries himself to sleep always true

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jul 24, 2017

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

This would work in every show. Suddenly euron pulls up his in flaming boat and jumps down onto the pier, killing nicky and paolo on lost.

Paolo's menagerie in 300 is exactly the thing I think Euron would have on his ship.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The youngest daughter on family matters went up the stairs and Euron crashed into her bedroom and cut her throat.

This is canon now.

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

guys its just like if you had an apple with a straw n you poked the apple though wit it n a pebbl hadnt dropped through itd stop straw insid the apple because gravity cant apple
drat this episode was terrible.

I loved the fact that Euron killed the poo poo snakes but everything about that scene was so implausible. I guess it is in character for nobody to be smart enough to set a lookout with how dumb they've made everyone on the show. Also I'm sure that next episode we'll find that Euron somehow destroyed every last ship in Yara's fleet with his out of nowhere 1000 ship fleet because everything has become an all-or-nothing battle now in the rush to tie everything up in a neat bow. Theon was right to just nope on out of that.

Eunuch sex is stupid.

I'm sure that's all we'll ever see of Nymeria and the inside the episode with D&D pretty much confirmed that. Another direwolf fallen victim to the dragon CGI budget. Hell we haven't seen Ghost in forever and he's still alive.

Thank God Sam found the cure to greyscale. Cutting it off and putting ointment on the skin! At least it had a hilarious cut to the only good scene which was Arya and Hot Pie. Hot Pie should be the only character left after this shitfest is finished. Sitting on the Iron Throne by virtue of his culinary skills.

Good thing we'll be getting the next book in 2018 never.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

geeves posted:

Paolo's menagerie in 300 is exactly the thing I think Euron would have on his ship.

Euron killed everyone's memory of Barb.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I just watched the episode but it's hard to remember what happened in it. It's all a blur of bad writing and idiot characters running around in a hurry to dot all the i's and cross all the t's before they run out of episodes.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Hot Pie won't sit the throne but he's got small council written all over him.

Oh yeah forgot about eunuch sex, goddamn they dragged that scene out.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Hot Pie won't sit the throne but he's got small council written all over him.

Oh yeah forgot about eunuch sex, goddamn they dragged that scene out.

The amount of rude titties left is dwindling so they had to step their game up a bit.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm convinced that all the cgi budget to the dragons is just business talk for the ridiculous salaries the star power must cost. Because the dragons still look awful and the direwolf looked about as convincing as CGI Euron flying through the air on fire.

Just watch the expanse instead of this dumb show. It looks prettier at least.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Why would you set up eunuch sex for 5 seasons then not show the eunuch dick?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I'm glad to see Dorne's getting the respect is deserves.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So Theon is a coward again.

He knew he couldn't beat his uncle, let alone his uncle and all Euron's men who were still on the ship. Jumping overboard seemed smarter than rushing to his death and maybe getting his sister killed too.

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm convinced that all the cgi budget to the dragons is just business talk for the ridiculous salaries the star power must cost. Because the dragons still look awful and the direwolf looked about as convincing as CGI Euron flying through the air on fire.

Ghost has just up and vanished without any word or reason after he came back to life last season. You'd think the last direwolf (that we'd see for more than 10 seconds) would be around in some way but nope.

I don't doubt that a lot more budget is going to actor costs since they know the show needs them and the show's only boosted basically everyone's value.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
tbh theon jumping overboard probably saved Asha's life

plus it prevented theon from being tortured

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

I'm pulling for a big Theon comeback

I mean it won't happen but whatever

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Smiling Jack posted:

I'm pulling for a big Theon comeback

I mean it won't happen but whatever

I don't know why I should care about him at this point. No power no followers no children no dick. Let him die in battle redeeming himself and stop padding out the plot.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Blind Sally posted:

tbh theon jumping overboard probably saved Asha's life

plus it prevented theon from being tortured

Also it was hilarious.

If they didn't want to pay for CGI direwolves why couldn't they just use forced perspective with a malamute or something to make them look a little bigger?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

i81icu812 posted:

I don't know why I should care about him at this point. No power no followers no children no dick. Let him die in battle redeeming himself and stop padding out the plot.

pretty sure he's being left to drown, I don't think Euron cares enough to get him out of the water

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Gendry gonna row up and save him

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The CGI direwolves make no sense if they're just going to be big wolves. Just take a regular wolf and do some of that clever LOTR style perspective shots. Or hell, just to have Ghost in the background just do the oldest trick in film, matte shots.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
So basically the sole plot function of Greyjoys in this series was to move Daeny from Mereen to Westeros. Now they can all die.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Euron is still up and about. If anything I bet he's going to ally with the Night King.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

i81icu812 posted:

Did anyone else think it was odd that Grey Worm was getting his gently caress on?

I mean, we all want to be close with someone but that was a head scratcher of a scene

e: gently caress PiV anyways I'm sure he gave Missandei a good time

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

syscall girl posted:

Did anyone else think it was odd that Grey Worm was getting his gently caress on?

I mean, we all want to be close with someone but that was a head scratcher of a scene

e: gently caress PiV anyways I'm sure he gave Missandei a good time

It's the tits and dragons show and cgi is loving expensive

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

i81icu812 posted:

It's the tits and dragons show and cgi is loving expensive

Don't get me wrong I love GW and Missandei

I just figured they didn't have dicks either so why get in the missionary position

Lick her up and down and then let her play with your prostate

No CGI required there

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Please tell me there's a blooper reel where gray worm says "butt stuff"

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Also to be fair Theon was racking up quite the killstreak before diving overboard

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Thematically this would be a great time for Theon to.drown and be reborn and rise anew as Ironborn but welp I'm.sure the show gonna gently caress that up

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Missandei is very attractive.
The episode was poo poo.
Hot Pie was neat tho

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

pyrotek posted:

He is everybody's bitch

We've drawn Gurm so deep inside us that we cannot tell who is the bitcher and who the bitched.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The episode was poo poo.
Hot Pie was neat tho

It is good Hot Pie is still alive. I think Arya owes him a favor and somehow the folks where he bakes know it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTX10SdPGKA

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Does that horn that can bring down the wall exist in the show? I can't remember.

Are they just going to have the ice king or whatever go around it? That would be dumb.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

IRQ posted:

Does that horn that can bring down the wall exist in the show? I can't remember.

Are they just going to have the ice king or whatever go around it? That would be dumb.
Night King placed that mark on Bran that led him to the Three-Eyed Crow's place and might weaken the Wall now that Bran passed through it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Not that the horn isn't dumb.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The CGI direwolves make no sense if they're just going to be big wolves. Just take a regular wolf and do some of that clever LOTR style perspective shots. Or hell, just to have Ghost in the background just do the oldest trick in film, matte shots.

thats what they did and it looked like garbage

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The episode was poo poo.
Hot Pie was neat tho

And Sam popped some zits.

(Someone else please come up with a better closing line for this poem)

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 25, 2017

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I like how sansa is just blindsided by jon leaving and her holding winterfell. Like he couldn't have pulled his sister aside for a 5 minute conversation in which he says "Uhh I'm putting you in charge, be ready."

Also there was a single scene that demonstrated dany had "too many cooks" on her council and needed some of them to be culled, and presto, it happened.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I like how sansa is just blindsided by jon leaving and her holding winterfell. Like he couldn't have pulled his sister aside for a 5 minute conversation in which he says "Uhh I'm putting you in charge, be ready."

Also there was a single scene that demonstrated dany had "too many cooks" on her council and needed some of them to be culled, and presto, it happened.

The impression I get is that Gurm gave them a big outline on stuff that was to come after ADwD, and they're implementing it as literally and shabbily as possible, i.e. his notes say "Arya kills most of the Freys", so she accomplishes a mass poisoning with logistics impossible by modern standards. Might also explain why Sam takes a realistic journey to Oldtown while everyone else beams directly to their destination.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I don't believe it, but if Varys is behind that to get rid of his buddy's niece's murderers, haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Kavak posted:

The impression I get is that Gurm gave them a big outline on stuff that was to come after ADwD, and they're implementing it as literally and shabbily as possible, i.e. his notes say "Arya kills most of the Freys", so she accomplishes a mass poisoning with logistics impossible by modern standards. Might also explain why Sam takes a realistic journey to Oldtown while everyone else beams directly to their destination.
I'd bet that gurm didn't even go that far and they're shooting from the hip at this point. He probably gave over a smattering ideas with none of the dots connected, at best.

Oh also, jon is once again an idiot, this time re: petyr. Make him an enemy without either killing him or ensuring he leaves, right as you are leaving...good call. "Stay away from my sister" doesn't mean much when she's running the place and he's still there while you aren't.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jul 25, 2017