Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Isn't the even simpler explanation that dispensaries can't even open accounts, nor can the banks legally interact with them as entities because dispensaries are state-regulated and banks are federally regulated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Isn't the even simpler explanation that dispensaries can't even open accounts, nor can the banks legally interact with them as entities because dispensaries are state-regulated and banks are federally regulated?

By "state-regulated" do you mean "breaking federal law"? Because that's my understanding, and what I was trying to say.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

Dispensaries take cash because banks, out of a reasonable fear of federal investigation and seizure, refuse to take their money. If you've ever wondered why they seem to be robbery-magnets, it's not because the customers are on the devil's lettuce.

I don't know whether the nonmedical dispensaries will also have a registration system, but even if they do, prop 64 also allows everyone to grow "up to six plants" in your home, so there you go.

Met a dude in an airport who owned a bunch of dispensaries. After many drinks he told me he built a legit bank vault in the basement of his house to hold all the cash cause he can't deposit it. showed me pictures poo poo was intense

he was also leaving on a cruise with his wife and her sister. a sex cruise. he was fuckin both of them

found that out before the $$ weed vault

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Waroduce posted:

Met a dude in an airport who owned a bunch of dispensaries. After many drinks he told me he built a legit bank vault in the basement of his house to hold all the cash cause he can't deposit it. showed me pictures poo poo was intense

he was also leaving on a cruise with his wife and her sister. a sex cruise. he was fuckin both of them

found that out before the $$ weed vault
I'm sure none of this will ever blow up in his face.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Honestly if they just told banks 'yo if you lobby the gov to make weed legal we'll give you a 5% cut' they'd have that poo poo passed in about 20 days

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Honestly if they just told banks 'yo if you lobby the gov to make weed legal we'll give you a 5% cut' they'd have that poo poo passed in about 20 days

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
who wants nightmare fuel

(don't watch this)

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/889529522248450048

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

you will see a hollowed out skull resulting from a car wreck if you watch it.

it's the type of poo poo you won't forget for a while.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

what were they doing?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

See enough of that poo poo irl I'll skip it thanks

I had a few weeks of a recurring nightmare where I was trying to carry a dead kid to an ambulance and I couldn't find it glad that seems to have gone away for now

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

She slaps her dead friend around after a wreck and takes a selfie with her.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
That video was much better than the melting body I got to see on Saturday

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Reminded me of the JFK autopsy photo.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Doc Hawkins posted:

Dispensaries take cash because banks, out of a reasonable fear of federal investigation and seizure, refuse to take their money. If you've ever wondered why they seem to be robbery-magnets, it's not because the customers are on the devil's lettuce.

I don't know whether the nonmedical dispensaries will also have a registration system, but even if they do, prop 64 also allows everyone to grow "up to six plants" in your home, so there you go.

As someone who works in the AML part of banking I can confirm on the reasonable fear part, but with some qualifiers and background - banks aren't wholesale barred from banking dispensaries where they're legal at the state/county/muni level. There's actually a memo (search "Cole Memo Priorities") from the feds a few years back detailing what they're really concerned about, and it's mostly things you'd be concerned about with your run of the mill booze store - you don't want someone to be selling to minors, you don't want them to be operating illegally or involved with other crimes, etc. The feds still want regular reporting on the fact that they're a dispensary but with no actual allegations of suspicious activity if there are none. There's no expectations in the memo that a bank would just kick someone out due to being a legally operating dispensary, but that you would throw them out if they were operating afoul of the law.

Though banks are worried about having to deal with investigations and all, but it's mainly due to the fact that dispensaries are a comparatively weak point for ingestion of currency into the banking system, and that includes heightened worries about money that isn't exactly clean, because of the state by state legality. If you're a dispensary in CO there's not an easy way to affirm that people aren't using your shop to purchase for transport into a state where it's illegal, which would then mean you're ostensibly commingling proceeds from the illegal sale (out of state, second-hand) with the legal sale (downtown denver to locals). Banks know that's a huge burden on them to monitor so they avoid the issue by refusing business from what's a huge industry. They know this but also know the risk and the labor burden of covering their own asses and at present it isn't worth it.

If you try skirting the issue and lying about your business and you get found out, then that's going to be reported as suspicious. Moreso if you try operating a cutout business that "just does payroll" or "consulting" because then you're trying to obfuscate the source of the money.

If you're selling to friends for an extra few hundred a week in spending cash just spend that poo poo for gently caress's sake.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Casimir Radon posted:

I did Flynn

"What do you do when 9/11 brokeded your BRAIN!
Now, General you're completely in-SANE!
Surely now you've become Nazi SCUM!
Now Putin's dick is 10 feet up your BUM!
And he's about to CUM CUM CUM!!
At least he boughtyou dinner first!

Oompah loompah doopity dee
If you are wise you'll listen to me
Confess your crimes and put Donnie in JAIL!
Anything else you do will certainly FAIL!
Unlike the oompah loompah doopity doo!"

Not happy with the ending yet

This is way better than the one I created in my brain

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

She slaps her dead friend around after a wreck and takes a selfie with her.

Someone transcribe every loving word she said.

Jesus loving christ, dumb people.

/edit:
Oh, hang on, WaPo did

“Hey, everybody, if I go to f—— jail for life, you already know why,” she began, adjusting the camera so that it showed her younger sister, motionless and bleeding from the head.

“My sister is f—— dying. Look, I f—— love my sister to death. I don’t give a f—. Man, we about to die. This is the last thing I wanted to happen to us, but it just did. Jacqueline, please wake up.”

Another girl screamed in the background.

“I don’t f‑‑‑‑‑‑ care though,” Sanchez continued. “I’m a hold it down. I love you, rest in peace, sweetie. If you don’t survive, baby, I am so f‑‑‑‑‑‑ sorry. I did not mean to kill you, sweetie. Sweetie, I am f‑‑‑‑‑‑ sorry. Sweetie, please, wake up!”

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Why the gently caress don't people wear seatbelts? My junior year of high school some idiot flipped his Jeep while drunk. The two guys in the back weren't wearing seatbelts, and it ended exactly as you would expect.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I'm really loving glad that I didn't click through to that.

gently caress. Time to make another appointment.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

That sure was a hollow head.
Yeesh.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
technology is so loving cool

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Well, I watched that clip earlier in the day and the warnings I saw were barely adequate.

Don't watch that clip.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Tomorrow is the big healthcare vote, the Motion to Proceed. Lots of talk about flying/bussing in McCain to be a 50th vote or prodding the doctor to let him make the trip.

There's an interesting strategy that McConnell is taking.

It is currently 6PM Washington time and Senators have literally no idea what they will be voting for tomorrow. There has been no bill text revealed. Reporters are asking Senators in the hallways if they even know what they're voting on and nobody has any idea.

It is a straight repeal bill? Is it the BCRA? Will it get 50 votes?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/24/republican-health-care-vote-success-or-failure-240887

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jul 24, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Whole forum of sad brains mother fuckers who watched kids die irl and have ptsd but the second someone links a video of a girl dying yall jump on this poo poo like its a grenade and you're a pfc chasing a medal of honor. no wonder everyone here enlisted

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

psydude posted:

Why the gently caress don't people wear seatbelts? My junior year of high school some idiot flipped his Jeep while drunk. The two guys in the back weren't wearing seatbelts, and it ended exactly as you would expect.

i know three people that dont wear them. One is an accountant who thinks she'll get stuck and burn to death. The other two don't because seatbelts are for pussies and they drive brodozers so they're basically just waiting to become a statistic. All of them have spouses and children.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

i know three people that dont wear them. One is an accountant who thinks she'll get stuck and burn to death. The other two don't because seatbelts are for pussies and they drive brodozers so they're basically just waiting to become a statistic. All of them have spouses and children.

Buy her a belt cutter. Can't do anything for the douchebags, though.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

psydude posted:

My girlfriend told me a story the other day of how an acquaintance of hers had a babysitter/friend who "didn't believe in seatbelts" and got her baby killed in an easily-survivable accident because she didn't strap it to the car seat.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Some idiot my brother went to high school with was driving drunk one night during his senior year. He gets in a low speed crash, his girlfriend gets pretty bashed up because neither of them was wearing a seatbelt. Wrecks the cartilage in her nose so that it's kind of hanging off her face, in addition to some other poo poo. So what does he do? He calls his dad, and they hose her off and dump her in her bed at home. Then start trying to formulate a way to cover up the crash. She needed a fair bit of surgery.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I had never heard of "brodozers", but the word is fascinatingly self-explanatory.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Buca di Bepis posted:

My girlfriend told me a story the other day of how an acquaintance of hers had a babysitter/friend who "didn't believe in seatbelts" and got her baby killed in an easily-survivable accident because she didn't strap it to the car seat.

Please tell me she is in jail.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Pesticide20 posted:

Buy her a belt cutter. Can't do anything for the douchebags, though.

Oh yeah, her spouse is a firefighter and he's entirely unconcerned about it. "She's a good driver and her Tahoe is really safe"

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Is there another video or gallery that one isn't working for me. I'm morbidly curious.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

psydude posted:

Why the gently caress don't people wear seatbelts?
Per random Russian woman I got in a car with once (it wasn't collusion, I promise), "seatbelts are for babies".

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Is there another video or gallery that one isn't working for me. I'm morbidly curious.

It's basically this

But with a dumbass girl who just killed her sister.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I have one from 4 chan but it is a webm and embeds so

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Cugel the Clever posted:

Per random Russian woman I got in a car with once (it wasn't collusion, I promise), "seatbelts are for babies".

Yes, well Russian women also think that any man who doesn't have a crooked nose, missing teeth, and a face full of vodka bottle scars is gay.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

suboptimal posted:

It's basically this

Each generation seeks to define itself with new, original parameters of stupid

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

not caring here posted:

Well, I watched that clip earlier in the day and the warnings I saw were barely adequate.

Don't watch that clip.

Am I just dead inside that stuff like this doesn't affect me?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

suboptimal posted:

It's basically this

:gonk: Jesus

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

suboptimal posted:

It's basically this

This is a remarkably accurate stock photo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

It's just game theory. You weigh the chance of an accident where a belt would make a difference times the cost of being in such an accident, against the guaranteed minor annoyance of having to put the belt on (plus the chance of getting stuck in fire, that's a good one), and you make your choice.

...oh yeah, that reminds me, John Nash, who did some of the most pioneering work in game theory, might still be alive if he had buckled up in his taxi. :rip: him and his wife.

• Locked thread