Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
A51 goon: from the sounds of it you're not particularly important. You worked on a secure site and then quit. I imagine you were possibly watched for a little bit afterwards just to make sure you weren't leaking but what possible reason do they have for watching you now?

Then again you used to be an alien conspiracy theorist so the chances of this getting through are basically nil.

Bareback goon: not quite sure how the conclusion there was that it's time to move cities. It's time to use a loving rubber or get the snip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Maybe stop creampieing random without their consent you loving retard.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Being a racist woman hater instead of zuvk is an interesting choice

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Bareback goon: You do realize kids are not the only thing you you can get from unprotected sex right? Time to see the doc. Good luck.

Hopper fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jul 24, 2017

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jose posted:

Being a racist woman hater instead of zuvk is an interesting choice

I meant more something along the lines of "buy a huge house and fill it with manchild things and then spend all your time sitting in it playing video games and shitposting instead of attending fundraisers or whatever"

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

mfcrocker posted:

A51 goon: from the sounds of it you're not particularly important. You worked on a secure site and then quit. I imagine you were possibly watched for a little bit afterwards just to make sure you weren't leaking but what possible reason do they have for watching you now?

I think it's a thing for people with paranoid delusions to also have a super inflated sense of their own importance.

I do find it odd though that they gave up on their alien belief stuff so easily yet are still extremely paranoid about the government. They even said themselves (and is common knowledge) that individuals at that level aren't allowed to know the "full picture". Hypothetically if there were aliens there, no matter what your clearance was you probably wouldn't know unless you absolutely needed to know.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I think it's a thing for people with paranoid delusions to also have a super inflated sense of their own importance.

I do find it odd though that they gave up on their alien belief stuff so easily yet are still extremely paranoid about the government. They even said themselves (and is common knowledge) that individuals at that level aren't allowed to know the "full picture". Hypothetically if there were aliens there, no matter what your clearance was you probably wouldn't know unless you absolutely needed to know.

I guess perhaps they thought there'd just be greys waltzing around chilling out at Area 51. Have a little chat to them by the coffee machine.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

loquacius posted:

What's it like to have a sibling?

I grew up with a younger sister. The younger years were like having an aggravating whiny shithead following me everywhere (so she could tell on me when I misbehaved), but as we got older, we became pretty good friends and trusted confidants.

During those younger years, we picked on each other every drat day (name calling, stealing each other's stuff, snitching--standard sibling stuff) right up until I noticed she had stopped being "annoying kid sister" and was unknowingly becoming a well-adjusted, sociable, intelligent young woman.

The big turning point in the way I thought about her was when she asked to borrow my tiny gas-powered scooter to go tooling around town (at fourteen years old, she wasn't old enough to have a driver's license yet, but it was an unspoken rule in town that as long as the scooter was 50cc or under and you were obeying the rules of the road, you were fine without one as long as you weren't like eight years old). She came back about an hour later and immediately apologized--she'd not engaged the kickstand all the way and it had tipped over, scratching the paint along the side.

I was blown away, not because she'd scuffed up my pimp-rear end ride, but because I'd never seen her own up to anything of her own volition. Ever. Yet here she was, offering to save up money so she could pay to have the scrapes fixed, and was sincerely bummed about having messed up something that belonged to me. Hell, I didn't even care about the damage to the scooter--I was just elated to see my little sister growing up.

From then on, we treated each other with respect. Did all the stuff friends do--got each other out of some sticky situations, gave and solicited advice from one another (we're opposite genders so I got to answer a lot of awkward "guy questions" when she started dating), hung out, etc.

As for learning to share, well, there wasn't much to share between the two of us. There's a five-year difference in age and she's not a dude, so it's not like we fought over clothes or who got to take so-and-so to the school dance. I guess lots of siblings fight over the TV, but I didn't watch much TV to begin with, so it didn't bother me when she'd use it.

When I went to college, we still talked from time to time (this was before everyone was at your fingertips 24/7/365), checked up on each other, and I gave her plenty of advice on what to expect when she moved into the dorm for the first time in a few years. Years later, I got married, then she got married, and even though we have separate families, we still keep in touch (now the advice is marriage stuff).

The real winner, though, was our mom. I don't know how a single mother raised us through all those years of constant fighting without losing her mind and burying us both in shallow graves in the backyard but god bless her for it. It must've been hell, but based on the look on her face the day she turned the corner into the living room and saw me teaching sis (sitting quietly next to me) how to put together a Works Cited page in Microsoft Word for a class assignment and the two of us getting along, it was all worth it :unsmith:

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I grew up with a younger sister. The younger years were like having an aggravating whiny shithead following me everywhere (so she could tell on me when I misbehaved), but as we got older, we became pretty good friends and trusted confidants.

During those younger years, we picked on each other every drat day (name calling, stealing each other's stuff, snitching--standard sibling stuff) right up until I noticed she had stopped being "annoying kid sister" and was unknowingly becoming a well-adjusted, sociable, intelligent young woman.

The big turning point in the way I thought about her was when she asked to borrow my tiny gas-powered scooter to go tooling around town (at fourteen years old, she wasn't old enough to have a driver's license yet, but it was an unspoken rule in town that as long as the scooter was 50cc or under and you were obeying the rules of the road, you were fine without one as long as you weren't like eight years old). She came back about an hour later and immediately apologized--she'd not engaged the kickstand all the way and it had tipped over, scratching the paint along the side.

I was blown away, not because she'd scuffed up my pimp-rear end ride, but because I'd never seen her own up to anything of her own volition. Ever. Yet here she was, offering to save up money so she could pay to have the scrapes fixed, and was sincerely bummed about having messed up something that belonged to me. Hell, I didn't even care about the damage to the scooter--I was just elated to see my little sister growing up.

From then on, we treated each other with respect. Did all the stuff friends do--got each other out of some sticky situations, gave and solicited advice from one another (we're opposite genders so I got to answer a lot of awkward "guy questions" when she started dating), hung out, etc.

As for learning to share, well, there wasn't much to share between the two of us. There's a five-year difference in age and she's not a dude, so it's not like we fought over clothes or who got to take so-and-so to the school dance. I guess lots of siblings fight over the TV, but I didn't watch much TV to begin with, so it didn't bother me when she'd use it.

When I went to college, we still talked from time to time (this was before everyone was at your fingertips 24/7/365), checked up on each other, and I gave her plenty of advice on what to expect when she moved into the dorm for the first time in a few years. Years later, I got married, then she got married, and even though we have separate families, we still keep in touch (now the advice is marriage stuff).

The real winner, though, was our mom. I don't know how a single mother raised us through all those years of constant fighting without losing her mind and burying us both in shallow graves in the backyard but god bless her for it. It must've been hell, but based on the look on her face the day she turned the corner into the living room and saw me teaching sis (sitting quietly next to me) how to put together a Works Cited page in Microsoft Word for a class assignment and the two of us getting along, it was all worth it :unsmith:

I was totally expecting this to be a shitpost ending in 'and we still get to gently caress occasionally and it's pretty good' and was pleasantly surprised, so congrats I guess.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

are you me?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I'm very jealous :3

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

Once, years ago, the SA Confessional thread helped lead to me getting a divorce. Now, my marriage was already in a shaky place at the time. We had been together for a while, and there was a lot holding us together (shared finances, house, living far away from the rest of our families), and so we became extremely bitter towards each other. Neither of us were saints. She became abusive, both verbally and physically, and I started seeking the attention of people outside of our marriage - men and women alike.

I submitted this in an earlier version of the SA Confessional thread, talking about my meeting new people outside of my marriage. Why? I don't know, I thought it would be cathartic to have some place to talk about these things, but knowing that ultimately, the goons of the world weren't going to solve my problems. It was posted, it was talked about briefly, and then it was quickly forgotten for whatever wacky possibly-fake life problem came after mine (I won't look it up, but I hope it was a murder story). I, too, forgot about the post for a while. Until my notorious snoop of a wife found the post in my sent emails months later . And that was the catalyst we needed. It opened up the real talk and it forced us to have to discuss what we wanted from life - and the fact that we didn't want each other. So we got a divorce. Now, she has a happy family. I have a happy family. We're happy. And I can, at least partially, thank this thread (and my stupidity towards email security).

yeah dude at least you've learned to use guerrillamail since then

transdad sent in a followup:

quote:

Yes I am the father of a "trans" son. Yes I live in the bible belt. Its a good area with decent property value and low taxes. I actually loving work for everything I have.

My friend's daughter mows the lawn without crying. My son can do the same. He just cries because he's a waste of skin. I don't loving care if he mows the lawn in a wig and dress, nude, or whatever. Just mow the loving lawn. gently caress I offered 60 bucks. He's just an ingrate.

And this "trans" thing he's on about is totally just a cry for attention because he doesnt want to actually work.

And no I wont sit down with him and talk to him about his gender identity, again. Me and the wife have had this conversation. He's a loving confused gay boy in a dress. He is seeking attention. I don't care if he's gay. I don't care if he's straight. But this is just a joke to be honest.

and another one after that

quote:

Also to all you loving retards saying that I have a daughter? Well I have wiped poo poo off of this kid's dick when I changed his diaper so gently caress you.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
don't post those confessions because it'll make him mad if its real

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Maybe he's acting out because you obviously hate him and he knows it, trans dad. 🙄

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

quote:

Also to all you loving retards saying that I have a daughter? Well I have wiped poo poo off of this kid's dick when I changed his diaper so gently caress you.

Isn't a penis just an inside out vagina? You have a daughter, you were just wiping the poo poo off of her inside out vagina.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

ok transdad make sure to update us when your bullshit leads to your transdaughter suck starting a shotgun.

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
this guy is an inverse ruholla khomeinei
accepts gay people, this trans daughter can gently caress off

just like that inverse of iran where homosexuals get stoned to death according to the proper hadith and the fatwah saying transsexuals are completely cool holds sway

like, there's government funding for the operation, you can get all the id docs changed, you're just supposed to shut up about it

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

We Know Catheters posted:

Maybe he's acting out because you obviously hate him and he knows it, trans dad. 🙄
His son could also be an attention whore milking the situation.

There are shitheads in all walks of life.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

your kid is 99% positive not faking this poo poo. if they say they are trans its because of that gender dysphoria loving with them hardcore, its loving real. who the gently caress wants to be trans for attention in the loving bible belt? bullying the least of her concerns tbqh. being murdered or just saying gently caress this poo poo, gently caress life, because the world apparently hates her is more likely.

but hey good on you, you're a standup pops who worked for everything he has in okie

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
transdad: just ffs stop.

Not your decision to make in any way shape or form anyways, so just be mad about the lawn mowing. poo poo, tell her tears and sorrow make the lawn grow really well, and get her a cure album and some ear protection and get teh mowing.

Being angry about the rest is just dumb anyways, it'll all work itself out and most likely a fuckton better if they know regardless of what they do they will always be loved. Dont get it confused or take it as a slight to your own masculinity.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

:3:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

curufinor posted:

this guy is an inverse ruholla khomeinei
accepts gay people, this trans daughter can gently caress off

just like that inverse of iran where homosexuals get stoned to death according to the proper hadith and the fatwah saying transsexuals are completely cool holds sway

like, there's government funding for the operation, you can get all the id docs changed, you're just supposed to shut up about it

being a cocksucker makes sense because he's just a man who sucks dick

anything more complicated than sex=gender=M/F is mindblowing

i'm not bout to hope on that tumblr train but the shits more complicated when it comes to gender, that much I know.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Runaktla posted:

Yeah, everybody is hating on the dad. But let's be serious, if you ask your 16 year old kid to mow the lawn, and even offer them money, them bursting out in tears isn't a normal reaction.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

shut up blegum posted:

Yeah, everybody is hating on the dad. But let's be serious, if you ask your 16 year old kid to mow the lawn, and even offer them money, them bursting out in tears isn't a normal reaction.

yeah on that score he's a little bitch but not really the biggest concern atm

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Trans dad- Wait your kid is just straight up refusing to mow the lawn? loving smack it lol

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

tesilential posted:

Trans dad- Wait your kid is just straight up refusing to mow the lawn? loving smack it lol

Or just rolled up newspaper and a squirt bottle. i mean it works on all my animals, but i mean they cant really run the mower very well, the cut is all uneven and lovely.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Transdad, the fact that your daughter is a pussy is probably independent of the fact that she is trans. That said, try not to resent her for either. She's a teenager, with your love and support she can and will mature.

That being said, try to find out if she's into anime (Japanese cartoons). If she is you need to lock that poo poo down real quick or she's hosed for life

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
restrictive gender roles and being trans don't mix that well tbh, i guess

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I think the important question transdad needs to know is - what obscure video game is your daughter speedrunning at AGDQ?

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

shut up blegum posted:

Was about to post this. It doesn't matter if Junior is gay or straight or trans or what-the-hell-ever; if he literally bursts into tears when told to mow the lawn, there's a much deeper problem.

Therapy is the obvious course of action, but you live in the Bible belt so you'll probably just whup him.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Gynovore posted:

Was about to post this. It doesn't matter if Junior is gay or straight or trans or what-the-hell-ever; if he literally bursts into tears when told to mow the lawn, there's a much deeper problem.

Therapy is the obvious course of action, but you live in the Bible belt so you'll probably just whup him.

prob with a sock filled with tuna cans or some poo poo whilst screaming "YOU GON LEARN TODAY" for the slight of having emotions around him

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Viva Miriya posted:

prob with a sock filled with tuna cans or some poo poo whilst screaming "YOU GON LEARN TODAY" for the slight of having emotions around him

Too much effort, he'll just take off his belt and whip Junior until he accepts jay-zus as his personal lord and savior, or mows the lawn, whichever comes first.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Gynovore posted:

Too much effort, he'll just take off his belt and whip Junior until he accepts jay-zus as his person lord and savior, or mows the lawn, whichever comes first.

"DON'T BLEED ON MY MOTHAFUCKING CARPET OLE PUSSAYASS BITCH. YOU WANNA BE A DRESS WEARING BITCH AT YO SCHOOL HUH. YOU GON LEARN TODAY. NOW CLEAN YOSELF OFF AND GO HELP YO SISTA WITH THE LAWN. loving SISSY"

- a day in transdad's house

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Runaktla posted:

oh hey hello, didn't see you there. you should have been a third trimester abortion. hth with your incessant need for attention.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
The reason she isn't mowing the lawn Transdad is because your a price of poo poo who doesn't deserve respect. Your friends daughter respects her dad because he isn't human garbage.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
if i must be perfectly honest, i think for a straight parent to have a gay, much less a trans son who is not really used to that kind of thing or ever encounters it much, is going to deal with some degree of "what did i do wrong". or whatever, just recognize it as an opportunity to make a positive difference for your kid, and then make that little poo poo mow the yard.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Prepare your butts for my blistering hot take on teens and attention-seeking:

Vanishingly few young people care to risk a beating every time they leave the house because they've changed their appearance to suit the gender with which they most comfortably identify, in my (admittedly not comprehensive) experience. In brief, trans-pa, if this were a cry for attention it'd be a face tattoo, or nose piercings, or a Che tee shirt, or a bloated suitor twenty years their senior wearing a faded Tasmanian-Devil-in-a-backwards-cap tee and jean shorts. I'm of the belief that you ought to count your blessings that you have a somewhat delicate (what teenager isn't?) but otherwise healthy trans daughter; instead of, say, a cisgender son who thought meth was the ideal way to stick it to Dad

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

mow your own loving lawn

e: your child is almost certainly not doing this to spite or hurt you, yet you're making an active decision to spite and hurt them. congrats

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The concept of a teenager doing something for attention so is completely unrealistic that it's not even worth considering. Nope, that's just not a thing that ever happens. You see, I read 2 paragraphs of words on the internet, and I can tell you I am 99% sure of what's going on in your situation.

Viva Miriya posted:

yeah on that score he's a little bitch but not really the biggest concern atm

Viva Miriya posted:

Viva Miriya posted:

"DON'T BLEED ON MY MOTHAFUCKING CARPET OLE PUSSAYASS BITCH. YOU WANNA BE A DRESS WEARING BITCH AT YO SCHOOL HUH. YOU GON LEARN TODAY. NOW CLEAN YOSELF OFF AND GO HELP YO SISTA WITH THE LAWN. loving SISSY"

- a day in transdad's house

Viva Miriya posted:

oh hey hello, didn't see you there. you should have been a third trimester abortion. hth with your incessant need for attention.

All of this poo poo in an hour? You sure you're not maybe projecting a little bit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Runaktla posted:

Children aren't slaves