Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Al-Saqr posted:

The IDF:- a bunch of well armed ISIS barbarians and cowards.

https://twitter.com/mohamedghilan/status/889568402364289024

Stooped old terror granddad waved his fist at those six men with automatic rifles. Clear threat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Agnosticnixie posted:

Jerusalem is about 33% palestinian right now you dipshit.

why are you arguing with someone with the same mindset as an ISIS fanatic? he's a racist zealot there's no saving him.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

GaussianCopula posted:

uhm, I did seem to miss it, but did they decapitate him like the Islamic State would probably have done?

So does anyone else doubt that this is either a troll or a subhuman piece of poo poo?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Seriously, though, who shot that guy? Because none of the soldiers in that video seemed in a position to do it.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
Merciful of them to just shoot him really. Good guys. Could have tortured him. Real stand up.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Darth Walrus posted:

What the hell happened there? It looked like one of the soldiers turned around and the Palestinian dude fell over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVDwtgtT1Nk

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/65-year-old-palestinian-man-confronts-armed-israeli-troops-a6690496.html

Of course nobody shoots the guy, but you know, that's some ISIS poo poo, I guess. It's also an incident from a couple of years ago.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Darth Walrus posted:

Seriously, though, who shot that guy? Because none of the soldiers in that video seemed in a position to do it.

I know a few years ago the IDF tried to sell snipers armed with .22s as "non-lethal" until the corpses started piling too high to ignore that it was complete bullshit. Like who knows what they use nowadays but even rubber bullets would probably be lethal in a long rifle.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Autism Sneaks posted:

So does anyone else doubt that this is either a troll or a subhuman piece of poo poo?

But you repeat yourself.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

qkkl posted:

Would it be ok if Israel had a right to exist as a Jewish state if it meant peace for both Israelis and Palestinians?

The problem is that, in reality, an ethnic/religious state along the lines of Israel results in 1. the state effectively making a subset of its residents second-class citizens and/or 2. the state having to forcibly remove people in order to maintain a majority of the desired ethnicity/religion.

It may sound like it makes sense to just say "Well, Jewish people can have their own ethnic state", but in practice a state will need to practice ethnic cleansing to maintain such a standard (at least if it's formed in a place where other people already live, as Israel was).

All this being said, I think most people would be willing to tolerate Israel being an ethnic state if it just stopped aggressively occupying and oppressing Palestinians.

team overhead smash posted:

Palestinian negotiators have been willing to cede portions of Jerusalem, but never the whole thing. Of course the question is who the gently caress thinks Palestine should just make these concessions? This is a really bizarre discussion that has no bearing on either reality or the rights of the respective parties.

Um, I think you'll find that offering 5,000 Palestinian women as concubines to Bibi in exchange for a peace deal would result in less loss of life than no peace deal at all, ergo they are obligated to make this offer.

GaussianCopula posted:

b) Accept the reality that Israel made the Arabs pay for their continued aggression after 1948 and give up some things you don't want to give up.

So Palestinians for some reason share some sort of collective responsibility for what people from different countries with a similar ethnicity did, lol.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 24, 2017

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

Darth Walrus posted:

Nobody shot him. Pallywood will Pallywood and the fact that it was linked by biggest antisemite on forums tells loads.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Ytlaya posted:

So Palestinians for some reason share some sort of collective responsibility for what people from different countries with a similar ethnicity did, lol.

GaussianCopula is very big on collective guilt and collective punishment.

And here's another racist piece of poo poo obligingly coming up with the magic word to tell everyone that they're a racist piece of poo poo everybody should ignore.

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

Cat Mattress posted:

And here's another racist piece of poo poo obligingly coming up with the magic word to tell everyone that they're a racist piece of poo poo everybody should ignore.
Thanks. I was doubting if I am correct on this issue or not and you removed all doubt.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Lady Morgaga posted:

Nobody shot him. Pallywood will Pallywood and the fact that it was linked by biggest antisemite on forums tells loads.

Cool accusation. I dare you to point out one single anti Semitic thing I said, that's if you're a man and not a little poo poo weasel. Take note, being hateful towards Israel is not the same as antisemitism at all unless you're a dishonest retard.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The world happily "tolerates" many ethno-states.

Why should the one Jewish state be singled out for condemnation and elimination?

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jul 24, 2017

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

hakimashou posted:

Why should the Jewish state be treated different?

Because of all of the Palestinians, you dumb oval office?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

hakimashou posted:

All ethno states are terrible, but very few of them (comparatively) routinely commit genocide like Israel does, hth. You're right though in that all states should be abolished :anarchists:

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
ahahaha that edit :popeye:

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Polygynous posted:

ahahaha that edit :popeye:

I don't follow UKMT consistently enough to know if they are for real or not but all it really amounts to is wondering they're one kind of malevolent and stupid rather than another

In other news

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/889612247865196544

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Ytlaya posted:

Not to mention that a hell of a lot of that "Arab aggression" is Arabs defending themselves when Israel invades. Sinai and Six Day wars are clear cases of Israel being the aggressors while even the Yom Kippor War was based around Egypt reclaiming it's land that Israel had illegally annexed and refused to return via diplomatic negotiations.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hakimashou posted:

hakimashou posted:

Why should the one Jewish state be singled out for condemnation and elimination?

hakimashou hosed around with this message at Jul 25, 2017 around 00:35

:thunk:

edit: what an interasting edit you made there really. It's like you came dangerously close to realising that Israel is indeed not being treated unfairly, and then your superego made a quick adjustment to your internal selection of words, before any permanent damage to your own view of the world occurred.

lollontee fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 25, 2017

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Fututor Magnus posted:

salafis are not an accurate appraisal of the billions of muslims worldwide?

Not what I said. I said moderates in any religion are delusional hypocrites who don't actually truly represent the religion.

VVVV
My second quote proves you have zero reading comprehension. The fact that Muhammed Naqab or Izzy Cohen are sitting around being moderates, and the majority of their faith's members have similar beliefs, indeed indicates that the majority of a faith's practitioners are moderate. But that just means they don't truly believe in the tenets of the religion that they supposed adhere to. I was not claiming that all members of a sect have radical beliefs, just that they're frauds if they don't.

Kim Jong Il fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jul 25, 2017

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Kim Jong Il posted:

I'd actually argue that Jewish Home and Hamas/Nusra/Hezbollah/etc... (not Daesh of course) are accurate representations of their religions, which is why their religions should be ignored and dismissed.

Kim Jong Il posted:

Of course there's a wide variety of experiences within both, I just think they're frauds, the same for any religion. I'm actually adopting the argument of David Hume here. If you're going to water down the true religion even one iota, you might as well go full atheism. Logic can't be applied to faith, because if it is, that's the only reasonable conclusion. You either need full atheism or full fideism. All religion is unmitigated trash, you just need to say it in a context where it's not used to do things like cudgel people from the Middle East.

Kim Jong Il posted:

Not what I said. I said moderates in any religion are delusional hypocrites who don't actually truly represent the religion.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
If Israel was uniformly interested in colonization, they would have done so. They have a repeated history of territorial withdrawal.

Disinterested posted:

The Palestinians have made any number of generous offers to Israel in the past that have been refused by Israel, only for Israel to argue it's the Palestinians demanding too much that means no peace can be had. World opinion also means nothing here, the two peoples are not engaged in a popularity contest.

It's always bogged down over specifics around things like Jerusalem borders and refugees. "1967 borders" is a non starter, there will be land swaps.

Al-Saqr posted:

Cool accusation. I dare you to point out one single anti Semitic thing I said, that's if you're a man and not a little poo poo weasel. Take note, being hateful towards Israel is not the same as antisemitism at all unless you're a dishonest retard.

Horseface ring a bell?

You've repeatedly cheerleaded murdering Kurds in the broader ME thread, and generally freak out when anyone suggests giving a modicum of rights to minorities in the Middle East.

Pan-Arabism is failed, racist garbage.

Kim Jong Il fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jul 25, 2017

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
"A history of territorial withdrawal" is a massive fantasy unless you're counting getting kicked out of Lebanon by Hizbollah or giving the Sinai back to Egypt.

Oh yeah they dropped the one settlement in Gaza, big deal, current West Bank settlements occupy almost half the WB and the Golan is still under occupation afaik.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Kim Jong Il posted:

If Israel was uniformly interested in colonization, they would have done so. They have a repeated history of territorial withdrawal.

It's always bogged down over specifics around things like Jerusalem borders and refugees. "1967 borders" is a non starter, there will be land swaps.

Horseface ring a bell?

You've repeatedly cheerleaded murdering Kurds in the broader ME thread, and generally freak out when anyone suggests giving a modicum of rights to minorities in the Middle East.

Pan-Arabism is failed, racist garbage.

You're passing the buck intellectually by saying the negotiations get bogged down. What you mean is the Palestinians agree to more and more concessions and get told to gently caress off anyway. 67 border with landswaps that massively favour Israel has been the bedrock of negotiations for decades.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Kim Jong Il posted:

It's rear end-backwards statements like this that makes you question whether Israel's most ardent defenders online are actually anti-Semites deliberately spewing bullshit to discredit the Israeli position. Then you remember that the same obvious falsehoods are peddled by senior members of the Israeli government and decide that it's time to support BDS.

Kim Jong Il, are you an anti-Semite in disguise or do you want to explain how you arrived at the obvious falsehood?

Edit: lol, is he seriously referring to Sinai? NEWSFLASH, FUCKWIT: you don't get credit for not violating international norms in one instance.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Miftan posted:

All ethno states are terrible, but very few of them (comparatively) routinely commit genocide like Israel does, hth. You're right though in that all states should be abolished :anarchists:

Every ethno-state that started out as a colony committed some form of ethnic cleansing. It's simple mathematics. When an area at time X is 100% ethnicity A, and then is 90% ethnicity B at time (X + T), then some form of ethnic cleansing occurred.

team overhead smash posted:

Not to mention that a hell of a lot of that "Arab aggression" is Arabs defending themselves when Israel invades. Sinai and Six Day wars are clear cases of Israel being the aggressors while even the Yom Kippor War was based around Egypt reclaiming it's land that Israel had illegally annexed and refused to return via diplomatic negotiations.

Massing troops at the border of a small country is an act of war.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

qkkl posted:

Massing troops at the border of a small country is an act of war.

Maybe someone should inform IDF commanders then, because they do it on the Lebanese border on the regular.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Disinterested posted:

You're passing the buck intellectually by saying the negotiations get bogged down. What you mean is the Palestinians agree to more and more concessions and get told to gently caress off anyway. 67 border with landswaps that massively favour Israel has been the bedrock of negotiations for decades.

That's not even remotely an accurate portrayal of 2000 or 2008.

Abbas or anyone who actually signed a deal would be signing up to be the next Sadat, because Hamas still insists on having its racially pure ethnostate.

edit: rofl at Israel being the aggressor in the 6 day war. What's next, a post about the USS Liberty? IF AMERICANS KNEW TEAM OVERHEAD SMASH, IF AMERICANS KNEW.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

lollontee posted:

hakimashou hosed around with this message at Jul 25, 2017 around 00:35

:thunk:

edit: what an interasting edit you made there really. It's like you came dangerously close to realising that Israel is indeed not being treated unfairly, and then your superego made a quick adjustment to your internal selection of words, before any permanent damage to your own view of the world occurred.

I thought the edited version brought the point home better and put it in its proper historical context.

There are many 'ethno states' such as China or Japan or the First Nations or American Indians in North America.

Many people would like to a see a Kurdistan for the Kurds for example.

But when we get to the one Jewish state... no right to exist!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

hakimashou posted:

There are many 'ethno states' such as China

rofl look at this loving moron

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm wondering what Palestinians think their end game is? Another war down the line that Israel loses? I know from watching some imam sermons that there is a belief that Allah will cause Islam's enemies to be greatly weakened by natural disasters or other outside phenomenon. Barring losing a war, Israel is just going to continue to squeeze the Palestinians by building settlements and cutting down on services for Palestinians to lower their birth rate, until Jews make up 80%+ of the Israel+West Bank population and the area effectively becomes a Jewish ethno-state.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Kim Jong Il posted:

If Israel was uniformly interested in colonization, they would have done so.

Their interest in colonization is irrelevant to them refraining from doing so because no matter how much interest they have they could not succeed without American aid, loans, and weapons shipments, which would stop if they decided to go full Assad.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

fool_of_sound posted:

rofl look at this loving moron

i also like this part

hakimashou posted:

the First Nations or American Indians in North America

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

qkkl posted:

I'm wondering what Palestinians think their end game is? Another war down the line that Israel loses? I know from watching some imam sermons that there is a belief that Allah will cause Islam's enemies to be greatly weakened by natural disasters or other outside phenomenon. Barring losing a war, Israel is just going to continue to squeeze the Palestinians by building settlements and cutting down on services for Palestinians to lower their birth rate, until Jews make up 80%+ of the Israel+West Bank population and the area effectively becomes a Jewish ethno-state.

Nobody knows really. The Arabs lost their wars with Israel, it's settled whether people want to admit it or not. Israel has a nuclear deterrent and the most powerful friends any country could have. The Jewish state will continue to exist and unless people are willing to accept and make peace with that then they will not have a good time of it.

If well-intentioned people want to make a difference then they are barking up the wrong tree with Israel. There are millions of lives to be saved from starvation, malnutrition and preventable disease all over the developing world. What makes Israel different from all these other worthy causes in terms of the furious hatred and frenzy it provokes in Europeans and some Americans will probably always remain a mystery.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jul 25, 2017

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

VitalSigns posted:

Their interest in colonization is irrelevant to them refraining from doing so because no matter how much interest they have they could not succeed without American aid, loans, and weapons shipments, which would stop if they decided to go full Assad.

Right now Israel doesn't need outside assistance, but in the past it was actually France who gave them crucial assistance, including assistance with building nukes. France also helped the US during their war for independence, so there's something about those frenchies that causes them to help burgeoning colonies.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

qkkl posted:

Right now Israel doesn't need outside assistance, but in the past it was actually France who gave them crucial assistance, including assistance with building nukes. France also helped the US during their war for independence, so there's something about those frenchies that causes them to help burgeoning colonies.

how are you real?

quote:

The only real difference between a human athlete and a horse athlete is genetics, yet by the age of 2 a horse athlete can easily outrun the fastest humans. Therefore genetics plays a role in athletic performance.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3519503&pagenumber=111&perpage=40#post425455751

oh explains a lot

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

hakimashou posted:

If well-intentioned people want to make a difference then they are barking up the wrong tree with Israel. There are millions of lives to be saved from starvation, malnutrition and preventable disease all over the developing world.

All those things are also way more important than posting like a dipshit in this thread. Hop to it!

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

qkkl posted:

Yeah OK you're a troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

The last time the US threatened to cut aid the Israelis ran breathlessly to the negotiating table. Israel is the US's largest foreign donee and the US is by far its biggest donor. In the last 60 years the donations amount to over $250 bn. The US pays 1/4 of the Israeli defence budget (and Israel spends more on its national defence than Iran, Canada, Spain, Turkey, Pakistan, Poland or Mexico, 6% of its GDP - the only countries who expend more per capita on their own defence are Saudi Arabia and Singapore) and provides it with almost all of its high end equipment.