Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

oh yea

i guess it's 2/3 to call a convention but still requires 3/4 to ratify

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

oh yea

That's good to know. I had assumed it was 2/3 to call and ratify a convention.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

ah, another state felled by the GOP bad-dem Bob Casey Sr.'s groundbreaking state restrictions on abortion providers.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I love how the fines are "proportional to" the amount of the drug price increase, not equal to. A $1 fine for every $1,000,000,000 in extra revenue due to raised prices would be "proportional".

Agean90 posted:

best part is I brought up literally that same idea during one of my previous shitposts lol

Yeah I know, it was like three posts before the one I'm quoting, loving hell goons can't even take a compliment right

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

the dems finally have developed a message, telling voters just what to expect from them!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiw2i8fKTAo&t=44s

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

call to action posted:

I love how the fines are "proportional to" the amount of the drug price increase, not equal to. A $1 fine for every $1,000,000,000 in extra revenue due to raised prices would be "proportional".

Yeah I know, it was like three posts before the one I'm quoting, loving hell goons can't even take a compliment right

good job missing the post where I said I was agreeing and expanding on how much good a program like that would do

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Condiv posted:

the dems finally have developed a message, telling voters just what to expect from them!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiw2i8fKTAo&t=44s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUTVmuqviqE

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

GalacticAcid posted:

oh yea

keep in mind a convention sets its own rules and like representation at the convention isn't bound to the current state malapportiinment

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/evepeyser/status/889602856789176320

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

you can't make me believe this is real

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

zegermans posted:

for reals though I've had a post or two that I deleted halfway through because I was like "uh is this antisemitic?"

Generally speaking (as someone also Jewish of course), unless the listener is explicitly pro-Israel/Zionist (in which case that's what's driving their interpretation more than being Jewish), it's just sorta obvious if someone talking about Israel is antisemitic. It's usually indicated more by the sort of language a person uses (like if they start calling Israelis "dogs" or something) than the criticism itself. Criticism that extends to Jewish non-Israelis is also obviously something indicating antisemitism.

It's the sort of thing where "if you have to ask, it's actually probably not antisemitic" (because if you're asking it means your intentions probably aren't bad).

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

GalacticAcid posted:

if the gop gets control of another state legislature they can change the constitution at will lol
Surely the last half a year has shown they already could by passing a motion with 51 votes saying they only need 51 votes

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I kinda feel for CC. In another time, before 9/11, before 2008, before the escalator, a suggestion to create a department of the government that provides oversight on drug prices would've been impressive. But now, we've seen how those things all operate, and everyone knows it's not enough.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Office Pig posted:

you can't make me believe this is real

https://twitter.com/ReelCinemas/status/886271688698195968

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Frijolero posted:

Dems literally had an ugly, spoiled, criminal brat as a poster-boy for bad Pharma pricing and did gently caress-all with it. Thanks Obama!

it's not nice to speak of Joe Manchin's daughter that way.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

the problem is that they don't want to attack pharma pricing as a whole, they just want to prevent price increases from being so huge and so obviously unnecessary that they call down public scrutiny on the industry as a whole

even now, they're not talking about bringing down current drug prices or undoing previous years worth of price increases, they're just talking about containing future growth and preventing blatant gouging

yes, and the leadtime for any legislation to be passed and in effect will give them plenty of years to continue jacking prices.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Someone stomp on my balls and wake me up please what the gently caress

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

dems 2022: HURRAH, WE'VE PASSED THE BILL THAT WILL ALLOW US TO SLAP PHARMA'S HANDS MOVING FORWARD.

americans: kthx, looking forward to paying that $2k bill this month for our epipens.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Lastgirl posted:

:yeah:

never believe his lies

It's laser focused on pleasing no one. It's almost funny if it wasn't so drat sad.
Of all my dumb rear end tweets I hope that one gets read

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

the democrats should be doing absolutely everything they can to make sure bryce defeats paul ryan, this guy is the loving future of the party

https://twitter.com/IronStache/status/889604618224893952

Iron never lies

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Jesus was a Venture Capitalist.

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
men lie

women lie

#IronDontLie

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Concerned Citizen posted:

if you want to argue that it is not sufficiently broad or exciting as the first item to be rolled out for the jobs portion of the proposal, i would agree. if you want to argue that it's a pile of centrist lanyard garbage, well, i guess blame bernie for it since he wrote it.

A lot of "centrist lanyard garbage" as you put it is stuff that is technically good in the sense that it will help some people, but woefully insufficient to begin to address the problems our nation faces.

As an exaggerated analogy, it's sorta like if you promised to give $100 to every person making under $30k/year. That is undeniably better than nothing, but it's also hilarious to act like it will even begin to put a dent into the greater problems Americans are facing.

edit: Basically liberals often pull this rhetorical game where they go "SO ARE YOU SAYING WE SHOULDN'T DO THIS THING THAT IS HELPING PEOPLE?!" when people are more upset about what Democrats aren't doing (especially if the policy in question is some lesser replacement for something we actually need).

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

thread title

:discourse:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Condiv posted:

thread title

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

here's something the dems can run on

fixing this goddamn bullshit

https://twitter.com/DanRiffle/status/888771257881292800

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

SKULL.GIF posted:

um, tax credits for ceos that pay people better

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Condiv posted:

thread title

It was too good to pass up.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

SKULL.GIF posted:

This has been talked about for my entire life

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Those are blue collar countries.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
paul ryan: my health care plan provides more choice

ironbryce: you LIE, PAUL! your health care plan gives people only ONE choice: NO PLAN AT ALL! AND THE PEOPLE KNOW THIS, BECAUSE IRON NEVER LIES *smashes paul ryan with a steel chair, standing over him as blood pours all over paul ryan's goober rear end face, only to look up and point at the wrestlemania 34 sign* iron... never lies...

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Venom Snake posted:

Not to sound like the gorilla cum man but the democrats have a big "mindset" problem where they cannot conceive of a world where sweeping change and progress is possible. Big ideas like restructuring the healthcare industry or new social welfare programs are scary to them because they have been mentally conditioned to think such things aren't possible

I think it's more that, when your life is already comfortable, the idea of significant change carries more risk than benefit (to you and the people you know and care about, who are likely also wealthy professionals). From their perspective, there's no need to rock the boat, so to speak.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

SKULL.GIF posted:

"poo poo is hosed up and bullshit" is the defining slogan of our times

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Ytlaya posted:

A lot of "centrist lanyard garbage" as you put it is stuff that is technically good in the sense that it will help some people, but woefully insufficient to begin to address the problems our nation faces.

As an exaggerated analogy, it's sorta like if you promised to give $100 to every person making under $30k/year. That is undeniably better than nothing, but it's also hilarious to act like it will even begin to put a dent into the greater problems Americans are facing.

edit: Basically liberals often pull this rhetorical game where they go "SO ARE YOU SAYING WE SHOULDN'T DO THIS THING THAT IS HELPING PEOPLE?!" when people are more upset about what Democrats aren't doing (especially if the policy in question is some lesser replacement for something we actually need).

This is a good post.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

SKULL.GIF posted:

the democrats should be doing absolutely everything they can to make sure bryce defeats paul ryan, this guy is the loving future of the party

https://twitter.com/IronStache/status/889604618224893952

Iron never lies

he's pro-dapl, support the other single-payer dem in the race, kthxbye

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

he's pro-dapl, support the other single-payer dem in the race, kthxbye

whiskeyjuvenile finds a way to be contrarian, shocking

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

SKULL.GIF posted:

whiskeyjuvenile finds a way to be contrarian, shocking

see thread: https://twitter.com/NaomiAKlein/status/828981210470707200

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I mean look who was behind that video ad that launched his campaign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
over-under on the last time wj has worked a blue-collar job is at 17.5 years.

• Locked thread