Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Holyshoot posted:

someone said 1 in 10 maps.

That wasn't the question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

theshim posted:

The question then becomes "how accessible are Breach uniques going to be in 3.0"?

If a breach shows up on 1/10 maps, then I'd expect them to be fairly rare, especially in the early portions of the season. This is doubly true if you are playing in HC, where only some builds are going to actively do breaches.

With all this in mind + new Lightning Active, I'd plan on Choir to be pretty expensive.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

The other question is whether there are any div cards introduced, or changes to the drop rates, that would make the items more common relative to the number of breaches you can expect to do.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I mean, the build is still Good without Xoph's Blood, it's just Much Better with it. So it's doable, though like any league starter it's tricky to rely on a particular unique unless it's super common. I dunno.

I was thinking of opening with a Cyclone character anyway.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
did cyclone get a channeled tag in beta

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Vasudus posted:

did cyclone get a channeled tag in beta

no

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Preview of new uniques

That armor would certainly make trapping suck less

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
The new sword, 50% crit mult on full frenzy charges with 5% base crit seems weird. Also 40% reduced AS on movement skills ugh.

EDIT: And that's before the +300 str requirement for more salt on wound.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 25, 2017

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lurksion posted:

The new sword, 50% crit mult on full frenzy charges with 5% base crit seems weird. Also 40% reduced AS on movement skills ugh.

Pathfinder crit lacerate sword imo. Permanent super-quicksilver uptime. Grab two swords + a pacificm and you have 100% uptime on both bonuses.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

TheRat posted:

Pathfinder crit lacerate sword imo. Permanent super-quicksilver uptime. Grab two swords + a pacificm and you have 100% uptime on both bonuses.

Non-assasin crit with a 5% weapon? gross.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

dis astranagant posted:

Non-assasin crit with a 5% weapon? gross.

Back in the day we used to run with 60% crit and we liked it!

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

The day was bad

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
this also looks bad

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jinnigan posted:

this also looks bad

Not really? The position is excellent. Looks like a 1 pt wonder to buff bleed a little

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
its double bleed damage on anyone you get 8 stacks on. It seems decent if you are building specifically around bleed, but it also seems boring.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Ok, I downloaded obs and made a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCA--KiDra0

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

funmanguy posted:

:pcgaming:

What about that other one with the CoMK setup from earlier?

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

funmanguy posted:

What on earth is this???

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008
Do you actually get 2 frames per second with that build or is that a product of obs?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

theshim posted:

:pcgaming:

What about that other one with the CoMK setup from earlier?

I needed to eat dinner, so I switched to this hands free build.

My high number of seconds per frame was 100% obs

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

this quest reward gem for the act 2 yeena quest is like, so huge for ED leveling at that level

its great

10bux
Sep 10, 2008
Assuming nothing changes that much from what we already know, I already found my build to start next league: Brutus' Lead Sprinkler. I think Berserker is slightly better than Raider for BLS, and I'm really hoping I can make ST work instead of Molten Strike. ST clear speed is so much better, but mana cost becomes a serious problem with all that attack speed. Regardless, I think stacking flat elemental damage, non-crit or EO, is going to be really strong next season. BLS is great because you're pretty much guaranteed a high life pool with all that strength, and you're pure fire damage. The latter is nice because it's really not too difficult to stack over 100% Fire Penetration right now, which just melts bosses. My level 70 Raider has 138% Fire Pen with Blasphemy+Flammability, and it already feels like one of the highest dps characters I've played.

My super end game goal is to have matching resists too fully utilize my Wise Oak!

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
BLS is a torment league item isn't it?

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

dyzzy posted:

BLS is a torment league item isn't it?

And just like that my plans are shattered... well, there's always hope through other means. Seriously though it's getting pretty difficult to keep track of league specific uniques. Guess I could use Pillar until they start to drop/appear on poe.trade.

10bux fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jul 25, 2017

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

TheRat posted:

Back in the day we used to run with 60% crit and we liked it!

How about Ascendant with Assassin / Raider?

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

10bux posted:

And just like that my plans are shattered... well, there's always hope through other means. Seriously though it's getting pretty difficult to keep track of league specific uniques. Guess I could use Pillar until they start to drop/appear on poe.trade.

Use something safer for your first build, by a week or two in you'll have no problem getting one.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I thought people had begun finding BLS in regular beta, suggesting it's been added as a core item.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
That's pretty cool if true. I would definitely consider a BLS build if it's not too hard to find.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I wouldn't count a build that requires a multiple EX item a "starter" build, you're just a regular ST zerker farming currency for upgrades :colbert:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Keep in mind that dbk is one of the oldest and best players in the guild, so what qualifies as a starter build for him might not be the same for everyone.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
I'm sad that the flat damage on hyaons got reverted

i might just do Nova EK, idk now. the world is terrible.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
I'm hoping that Dark Pact can be triggered so that I can live out my dream of making a pure chaos damage CoC character. As long as it works, I think Scion Asszerker is probably the pick. It's a bit wonky to get enough life + crit + chaos damage, but looks doable with a vagan dagger.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

pokchu posted:

I'm sad that the flat damage on hyaons got reverted

i might just do Nova EK, idk now. the world is terrible.

gently caress really

GGG why

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

What was that change? Did they make it global or something?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
They gave it another 100 top end lightning damage.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Mentat Radnor posted:

I'm hoping that Dark Pact can be triggered so that I can live out my dream of making a pure chaos damage CoC character. As long as it works, I think Scion Asszerker is probably the pick. It's a bit wonky to get enough life + crit + chaos damage, but looks doable with a vagan dagger.

Dual Innsbury Edges + Lightbane Raiment + Viper Strike will give you 100% phys to chaos conversion with some chaos leech, but good luck getting enough crit/survivability on that build.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
Does anyone know why Path of Building shows that ailment damage increases in the 3.0 beta when you take crit nodes on the tree without Perfect Agony? The balance manifesto explicitly says that ailments will NOT scale with crit/crit multiplier. It's not some kind of interaction with ascendancies or gear, you can just load up the editor, equip any weapon, set your skill as Viper Strike or Blade Flurry-Poison, and path 6 points to the crit cluster near Scion. Your "damage per poison" goes up when you take these nodes even though there's no reason it should, as taking crit doesn't affect the base damage of the weapon.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

im gonna go baron srs, even though its gonna be fotm to start I think.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

queeb posted:

im gonna go baron srs, even though its gonna be fotm to start I think.

I'd really like to go chaos srs/animate weapon, but I'm worried that Jorrhast's will be too expensive.
I'm going to have to test if poisons inflicted by minions bypass the "your minions can't kill things" on the new unique hat.
I think it would, because your on-kill effects proc from minion poison (which is the entire point of the Jorrhast's build).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Can i get reinvited to the guild? Skipped the last league. Name is rockefellercenter

• Locked thread