Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

fruit on the bottom posted:

Oh yeah??? You think so!?

Round 2, assholes!

First post TL:DR GF saw a random girl kiss me. Random girl was trying to lose a stalker. Now GF won’t talk to me.

Maybe start dating donna?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
My (26f) fiance (28m) wants me to do a health checkup before we get married. How to feel about this?

quote:

My fiance and I have been together for the past 2.5 years. We got engaged a few days ago. He always thinks a lot about the future. He is a very responsible person, and organized, and also ambitious, which is why I fell for him in the first place. He always thinks about everything.

Before we got intimate for the first time, he suggested we did an STD check. I thought it was odd at first and that it would "kill the passion", but I quickly realized that it was actually a very smart thing to do, and agreed. We did it, and both were completely clean.

So, the thing is, he proposed to me a few days ago, and yesterday, he told me we had to have a long discussion about the upcoming marriage; before we set the date and all. So we first talked about our marriage in general (we had talked about it before, many times), and then about the wedding, etc.

But then he said that I had to do a complete checkup of my (mainly reproductive) health before we get married. He even gave me a list of things I had to check (he had written it before). I have to check my hormonal status (all hormones are on the list), and complete checkup of my reproductive organs at the gynecologist (while he is there with me), as well as my breasts. He also wants me to do various tests on different genetic disorders, to see if I carry a 'bad gene'.

When I asked him why I had to do all of this, he said it was because we both want children, so he has to make sure that I am fertille and capable of givinf birth to a healthy baby. He says it would be sefless of me to do that because if I found out I couldn't have children in four years, and not now, I would waste four years of both of our lives. I told him that then he had to check his health too, he said he would.I only said that because I thought it was fair, not because I would ever want him to have such a checkup.

I felt bad after the conversation and I still feel bad. I don't know why, but it made me sad. I feel like it is not a normal thing to ask from someone you love, like he's with me only because he wants to have children one day. Or for some similar reason. Maybe I am wrong, but still, I've never heard that anyone ever asked it from their SO, and this is really upsetting me.

He noticed I was feeling down today, and asked me what was wrong. I told him I was tired, he believed it.

I mean, I don't fear the results at all. My periods are regular, and I've never had any major problems, was late maybe 3-4 times in my life. Now for some reason, even if I don't get normal progesterone or LH levels, I am not in fear... I don't fear the results at all. It is the idea that upsets me.

Am I overreacting? Should I feel so upset? Is he right and is his reasoning normal?

Tl;dr - fiance wants me to have a reproductive health checkup at the gyno/labs before we get married, because he wants to know if I can have children.

She's a fine breeding mare, sir.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

zakharov posted:

Also, around a third of Americans don't drink at all. She'll find someone!

those ones are prolly addicted to opioids tho

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
My Girlfriend [24 F] is going on a vacation with another guy and I [26 M] don't feel comfortable

quote:

I want to preface by saying it's a great relationship and we get along dandily. 2 years
I'm getting very frustrated with my girlfriend (24 F) recently and I want to know if I'm being unreasonable.
two weeks ago she told me she was going on a vacation to Mexico with 2 friends of hers (two guys). One of the guys had just broken up with his girlfriend and wanted to get away, so he asked my girlfriend and their other mutual friend to go.
This is on the heels of another vacation they had together about 4 months where they went camping in Arizona. staying in the same tent and sharing a bed. I got upset with her the time she went to Arizona with this guy. Not because she went-- but because it was never discussed. She never reached out to see if I would be uncomfortable with her sleeping in the same bed with another guy while on vacation. It seemed disrespectful. Now, I don't think they would fool around.
Last year a friend of mine (girl) asked me to go to Asia with her and I said absolutely, but that I would be inviting my girlfriend because I wanted her to join and not have her feel uncomfortable that I'm traveling with a mutual friend who is a girl. we all had a great time.
But with both her vacation to Arizona and now to Mexico - she doesn't invite me (i have plenty of vacation time and would like to go) and doesn't have the courtesy to ask if im comfortable with her staying with two other guys. It's just not a discussion. She's so set on being not 'controlled' that she doesn't think she even has to bring it up. just 'oh im going on vacation in a few weeks with x,y. can you take care of the pet'
I'm getting increasingly angry anytime she brings it up - or hear her chatting about the plans.
tl;dr: My girlfriend is going on vacations with her guy friends and not adding me into the conversation about it. want to know if im being unreasonable.

The anti-Pete

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Intruder posted:

My Girlfriend [24 F] is going on a vacation with another guy and I [26 M] don't feel comfortable

The anti-Pete

Nah buddy, we're not having some kinky 3somes, NOT AT ALL

Barudak
May 7, 2007

La Brea Carpet posted:

My (26f) fiance (28m) wants me to do a health checkup before we get married. How to feel about this?

A family friend did this, it revealed a blood issue, and his family pressured him non stop to drop his fiance to the point of family members rotating to call him every hour during the night to tell him to dump her.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Barudak posted:

A family friend did this, it revealed a blood issue, and his family pressured him non stop to drop his fiance to the point of family members rotating to call him every hour during the night to tell him to dump her.

My favorite part is that he's not getting himself checked. Obviously his sperm are fine, why would they need to be checked? :smuggo:

And then when she suggested he get checked: "I told him that then he had to check his health too, he said he would.I only said that because I thought it was fair, not because I would ever want him to have such a checkup."

:sever:

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

:siren: :redflag: :siren:

quote:

The full hormonal status checkup at a lab is about 50€ in my country and he said he'd pay for it... And he said he'd THEN take me to a gyn, with the lab test results, to discuss it with the gynecologist. And then I'll do physical exams (to check for fibroids, cysts, etc, and to check if there are any problems with endometrium/uterus/ovaries etc). I would have to spend a few days at the hospital.

If your "reproductive fitness" exam involves invasive hysteroscopy and a multi day hospital stay you might be a racehorse.

Also wait until this dude learns about unexplained infertility which is not uncommon.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My [17M] brother [24M] since he started med school. He keeps telling me he will achieve more in life than me and how my future career choice is useless

quote:

My brother is a med school student and I can't take his attitude anymore. He talks to you like you are inferior to him in every way imaginable. His girlfriend who is also a med student is exactly the same as him.

When I see him he has this look on his face like he is too good to be around us. He pats me on my head and makes a rude comment directed towards me. He walks around like he is the king of the world and everyone else is his subjects. He claims he is going to achieve more in life than my sister and I.

I want to be a Veterinarian and my sister wants to be a Teacher. He keeps telling us how useless those career choices are and not to come to him when we are in financial trouble. He even goes as far as to insult the car our father bought him and calls it an old people car.

I am so sick of his attitude and I don't know what to do anymore. I hate the fact of him being around for Christmas, Thanks giving. What do I do about my brother

tl;dr: Brother keeps calling mine and my sisters career choices useless ever since he got into med school.
Med student? Seems like he's functioning as intended.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Haifisch posted:

My [17M] brother [24M] since he started med school. He keeps telling me he will achieve more in life than me and how my future career choice is useless

He will either have this attitude beaten out of him in clinical rotations or he will become one of those plastic surgeons who marries a living doll replica.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

La Brea Carpet posted:

He will either have this attitude beaten out of him in clinical rotations or he will become one of those plastic surgeons who marries a living doll replica.

Suddenly Nip/Tuck seems like a much better written show.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

La Brea Carpet posted:

I mean it sorta makes sense to avoid the whole trying to have kids for years thing online to find out one of you can't have kids, if a family is that important to him then infertility is a reasonable dealbreaker. But the way he's phrased it + the extensiveness of the tests he wants performed seems p awful.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Round 2, assholes!

First post TL:DR GF saw a random girl kiss me. Random girl was trying to lose a stalker. Now GF won’t talk to me.

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

I mean it sorta makes sense to avoid the whole trying to have kids for years thing online to find out one of you can't have kids, if a family is that important to him then infertility is a reasonable dealbreaker. But the way he's phrased it + the extensiveness of the tests he wants performed seems p awful.

If only there was an entire branch of medicine dedicated to helping couples who have fertility issues.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

ArbitraryC posted:

I can understand some genetic testing by taking blood or whatever but that dude is on a whole other level.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

La Brea Carpet posted:

It was questionable with the first post, but the extra invasive tests and multiple day (?!?!) hospital stay move it into a brand new category of :redflag::siren::murder::siren::redflag:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Round 2, assholes!

Huh, he either went to a lot of trouble to come up with a follow up to a wildly implausible cover story to make him look good, or it was actually legit.

In which case... go out for lunch with Donna, gently caress it.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

new phone who dis posted:

I can understand some genetic testing by taking blood or whatever but that dude is on a whole other level.

Yeah genetic screening in some communities (Ashkenazi for instance) because of the high incidence of terrible genetic diseases is smart before a couple starts trying to have kids.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Bubblyblubber posted:

I have it on pretty good authority that it is in fact not poison, but like a black fly in your Chardonnay.

My [22 M] girlfriend [21F] of 6 months cheated on me. She claims not to know what she did wrong. I find the whole thing very wtf. Infidelity

as someone who believes Ross Did Nothing Wrong, i must take this young woman's side.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Haifisch posted:

As discussed a vet who owns their own horse-based practice works like 8 hours a week and makes money that makes a radiologist weep.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
"teachers are useless," says man who is going through educational system and being taught things

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

InediblePenguin posted:

"teachers are useless," says man who is going through educational system and being taught things

It’s ok though, being med school he’s probably being taught by a doctor...

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Ah, to be 16 again.

Me [16F] is being blackmailed by my twin sister [16F] she went in my diary and found something about our step brother [16M] and is threatening to tell him if I don't do what she wants and lie for her when she wants and she just threatened to ruin mothers day,.

quote:

So this may be kind of long. This goes back a year, so please bare with me

One Year Ago

I go to school with my twin sister. Myself and her are identical so there has always been a serious competitive aspect between us. Every guy I like she has to go after, every achievement I get she needs one up me. Gray before he was our step brother went to the same school as us. Before he was our step brother I thought he was really cute, he was nice, humble. I am pretty good looking me and my sister both are.

Gray was in my Math class and I would sit next to him. He was super nice, he was always so nice. We became friends and I wanted to ask him out but I was always to scared too. Because of my parents divorce several years prior to this, I thought it would be a good idea to get a diary. That way my emotions were not bottled up. I enjoyed the concept of a dairy so I kept doing it. I wrote down the fact that I thought Gray was really cute and I wish I had enough courage to ask him out.

Nine months Ago

So my parents have been divorced for several years at this point. I knew my mom had been seeing someone. One Saturday night she was taking me and my sister out to meet her new partner. We walked in and we saw Gray sitting down at a table with a man. We would come to find out my mom was dating his dad. All three of us were freaking out about the chances of that happening, our parents were even more surprised then we were. Turns out my mom and step dad work together go figure.

Several weeks after that our parents announced they would be getting Married. Gray still said to me "Guess we are brother and sister now, it's still so crazy".

Two Months ago

Our parents got married and we moved in together. I, Mom and My sister would come to find Gray walks around the house without a shirt on. He does it because she had shoulder surgery and, he has really broad shoulders. He says shirts make him feel really uncomfortable and it bothers his arm.

My sister still said to me " Bet you like that" and she winked at me. I was confused as hell because I have never said anything to her about it. This point in time I was working on getting over my attraction towards Gray.

I asked her what is she talking about and she aloud a quote from my diary. She went into my room and took pictures of what I said about Gray months ago. She basically said " You do what I say or, I will show this to Gray and Mom. Do you understand me?"

Ever since then she makes me lie for her when she goes out. Whether it be the mall, out with boys, the beach and she will make me lie for her and say she is at her friends house studying. She will take money out of my wallet and, she goes out with friends and spends my money.

She stole $50 from me and went to Walmart and Burger king with her boyfriend after school. Every time I tell her to stop she threatens to tell mom and Gray.

Gray has put a shirt on to be more considerate of me and my sister. It just annoys him and you can see it, but I have not seen him without his shirt for weeks

Today

Today is mothers day as I am sure most of you know. She is threatening to tell mom about what I wrote in my diary. She said and I quote " Next year you will buy me my Junior Prom dress, unless you want me to tell mom about this. I am sure you don't want me to tell mom on mothers day"

I don't know what to do anymore

tl;dr: My twin sister is blackmailing me and threatening to tell mom about my crush on my step brother, before he was my step brother

quote:

Thank you.

I went downstairs and I asked both mom and Gray if I could talk to them. I told them both what was going on and told them what she doing.

Gray did not seem bothered by it, he actually laughed and said " I thought you did". He thinks the whole situation is hosed.

Mom is beyond the word pissed. She is full blown nuclear at the moment. She has ordered Gray to carry out her TV and Blu-ray from her room, so he is doing that as I speak. She is also taking away all the nice clothes she has that she bought for her.

More punishment will be dished out when she gets home from the mall

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Haifisch posted:

Ah, to be 16 again.

Me [16F] is being blackmailed by my twin sister [16F] she went in my diary and found something about our step brother [16M] and is threatening to tell him if I don't do what she wants and lie for her when she wants and she just threatened to ruin mothers day,.

A rare success story from the OP actually communicating!

quote:

Thank you.
I went downstairs and I asked both mom and Gray if I could talk to them. I told them both what was going on and told them what she doing.
Gray did not seem bothered by it, he actually laughed and said " I thought you did". He thinks the whole situation is hosed.
Mom is beyond the word pissed. She is full blown nuclear at the moment. She has ordered Gray to carry out her TV and Blu-ray from her room, so he is doing that as I speak. She is also taking away all the nice clothes she has that she bought for her.
More punishment will be dished out when she gets home from the mall

:toot:

quote:

thank you. Mom has told me to go to Walmart with Gray and just buy a pair of jeans and some plain Gray or white shirts for my sister.
She said " she is going to have to earn back the nice things she has" So she is going to give us money for that. she said " she want's to treat you poorly, she may as well dress the part"
I can tell Gray is trying to cheer me up he said " I am going to buy the ugliest hello kitty shirt I can find" got a laugh out of me.

loving owned.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Tell mom, tell grey. Yeah it was before he was your stepbrother it's weird you'll all get over it, sister will lose her leverage and people will treat her with disdain because everyone hates a blackmailed.

Get out in front of this poo poo.

Edit:
Called it

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Hazed

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Did you have the update in that post originally, or did just skip half of your post to hear myself talk?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Fukkin' owned I love it.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Haifisch posted:

My [23f] boyfriend [23m] of 6 years+ recently started drinking alcohol, and I want him to stop completely before it develops further.

From a few pages back but I know people like this and it's incredible to see it in action.

"I don't understand why you need alchohol to have a good time"
"We don't but beer tastes good, the bar scene is fun, and t's fun to-"
"But I don't understand why you need it"

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Did you have the update in that post originally, or did just skip half of your post to hear myself talk?
I ninja edited, but apparently not fast enough. :ninja:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

abigserve posted:

From a few pages back but I know people like this and it's incredible to see it in action.

"I don't understand why you need alchohol to have a good time"
"We don't but beer tastes good, the bar scene is fun, and t's fun to-"
"But I don't understand why you need it"

For a couple years in college I had the King Lear speech memorized until it occurred to me it'd be simpler to just stop talking to those people

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

For a couple years in college I had the King Lear speech memorized until it occurred to me it'd be simpler to just stop talking to those people

I'm sure no one doubted you were King Leer in college

La Brea Carpet fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jul 25, 2017

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Well he was certainly Gonorrhal

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Me 24M with my wife 24F, she wants to give soap as Christmas gifts to my family

quote:

My wife makes soap as a hobby. She does all different kinds of soaps and is quite good at them. She's made soap sculptures, elaborate designs and some really cool wool-wrapped ones.

Let me preface this by saying, I love and completely support her hobby. But she's recently told me she intends to make a "bath kit" as give it as a gift to my extended family. She was so excited and showed me her notes on what scents family members liked, what designs she had in mind, etc.

She wanted to put bath fizz things, a few different type of soap bars and for men, some homemade shaving soap and package it up and have a heartfelt gift. She's already been working on them for 2 weeks. I originally thought it was a really nice thoughtful idea. It's our first Christmas together, it shows a lot of effort and thought on her part.

My sister & my aunt were visiting yesterday and my sister saw some bars of soap on my wife's work table. I made a comment about how my wife had sold some bars of soap recently to a coworker who intended to gift them to his son. (They had little pokemon embedded in them, I thought they were cool.)

My sister (Laura) started laughing and mentioned how tacky some people are. She went on to say how insulting receiving soap as a gift would be. Laura said it would be the equivalent of tell someone they smelled and it was so insulting. Then she made a joke about how my coworker son must smell if his dad is buying him soap as a gift.

My aunt agreed with her and said that it was a cheap gift, soap is something you pick up at the grocery store or as running an errand, not a present.

I'm heartbroken, my wife has worked so hard on these gifts and I don't know how to tell her my family is going to hate them. Should I even tell her? I don't want to ruin her favorite holiday...

tl;dr: My wife might accidentally insult my family and tell them they smell.

Edit: People are saying i should also mention this

My aunt & sister do know she makes the soaps, but not what making soaps mean. I don't know if they realize the process it takes. They are also originally from another country and don't use luxury soaps (as far as I know)

I also have decided to call my sister later today and ask her to explain herself and see if she apologizes. No matter what, please know I will defend my wife, I won't let her be disrespected. Also not all my family are assholes, my mom and dad love my wife and the rest of my family is great usually.

Edit #2: Someone had a great suggestion of a handwritten letter explaining how the soap was made for them and why certain features were picked out. This sounds like something my wife would love to add into her gift basket and It will also make family happy because who doesn't love to read nice things about them

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Haifisch posted:

Me 24M with my wife 24F, she wants to give soap as Christmas gifts to my family

Make them watch the soap making scenes from Fight Club, then give them the soap.

But really, that family sounds awful. Can't they tell the difference between grocery story soap in a dispenser and nicely made pretty soap?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
id be kinda pissed if someone gave me fancy soap as a gift and i really like fancy soap

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
I like fancy soap and wouldn't mind getting it as a gift, but I also feel like it's something you shouldn't give unless you already have some idea of what scents and whatnot someone likes.

On the other hand I wouldn't poo poo talk someone who made me(or someone else) fancy soap for a gift, even if it smelled like lavender and other old lady scents. :murder: anyone who can't appeciate homemade gifts, basically.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

most people learn in like 3rd grade that the utility of a handmade gift doesn't matter, it's the fact that a person went to the trouble of doing it so you should shut up and say thank you and appreciate it like a normal-rear end human

barring obvious edge cases like somebody shaved their head and made you a coat with their hair (no, pick, do not give this to hugh)

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

id be kinda pissed if someone gave me fancy soap as a gift and i really like fancy soap

It's not Just Fancy soap, it's fancy hand made soap made by hand just for them. gently caress this ungrateful family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

most people learn in like 3rd grade that the utility of a handmade gift doesn't matter, it's the fact that a person went to the trouble of doing it so you should shut up and say thank you and appreciate it like a normal-rear end human

barring obvious edge cases like somebody shaved their head and made you a coat with their hair (no, pick, do not give this to hugh)

Yeah the sis and Aunt are being dicks but I kinda feel like making a fancy soap bath kit for someone you aren't sure is the kind of person who goes ape over Bed Bath and Beyond is kinda like giving a fancy set of handcrafted earrings to a dude with no piercings

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 25, 2017