Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd pay full price for the Gwenom outfit, but not Anti-Venom. Though its kind of BS Symbiot Black Widow can't fight, I actually have that.

Wow the amount of stuff you need to fight part 4 Vulture boss is some bullshit.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I got Jameson, so I'm good for this event. I wonder why I keep going, and then I see dialogue like this.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Liar Lyre posted:

I got Jameson, so I'm good for this event. I wonder why I keep going, and then I see dialogue like this.

How much money did you spend?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

twistedmentat posted:

How much money did you spend?

I spent $20 to get Agent Venom, Spider-Man 2099 and blew the rest on crates like an idiot. I wasn't able to get any characters from crates or from getting all the stars in hard mode. That's a level of commitment I'm not willing to go into. I figure spending $10-20 a month on this isn't too bad for a game.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I didn't spend anything and I should get JJJ tonight, though I already had most of the characters from the other Spider-Man event

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Liar Lyre posted:

I spent $20 to get Agent Venom, Spider-Man 2099 and blew the rest on crates like an idiot. I wasn't able to get any characters from crates or from getting all the stars in hard mode. That's a level of commitment I'm not willing to go into. I figure spending $10-20 a month on this isn't too bad for a game.

I just bought Flash and 2099 too, but refuse to buy any crates. They're just a hole I don't want to fall into. The only events I spent more than enought to buy the characters was the A-force event because I wanted to make sure I got Captain Marvel, and the Squirrel Girl event.

I'm hoping/worried X-men will be the event around X-mas (A thor event will be in November), and then I'll end up spending money, depending on who they add.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

You know what would be neat to get for the Thor event? Thor, who theoretically should be unlockable at level 35 but is premium exclusive at the moment, under the guise of "Early Access".

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

paradoxGentleman posted:

You know what would be neat to get for the Thor event? Thor, who theoretically should be unlockable at level 35 but is premium exclusive at the moment, under the guise of "Early Access".

Nope. Hulk was unlockable at level 35 or premium Early Access.

Thor is unlockable at level 50 (54?) Or premium Early Access.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Unless they plan on making another new Thor, they'd have to make him early access through the event.

They can't just lower his level requirement, unless they do it significantly, because events are meant to be doable at a relatively low level, that's why it's always Cap, Wasp, Falcon, Iron Man, Widow or Enchantress involved.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Uh, I had the two early access heroes level requirements confused.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sounds like Armor Wars is going to be the next event.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Retro Futurist posted:

Sounds like Armor Wars is going to be the next event.

Yay, something I can skip.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hopefully they'll put Rhody up for a discount.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just need to farm 20 more orange disco balls and I can level up Silk to Level 3 yay :|

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The leveling requirements for this event have been so lovely. I managed to get Agent Venom and Spider-Girl to 5, but only could get Silver Sable and Silk to 3, and JJJ to 2.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I got Spider Girl to 5 and then stopped and just hoarded disco balls because I'm sure Silk is going to be considered premium and cost $50k/level after the event.

Not that it did me any good

At least JJJ's Level 1 costume is better than the upgraded versions so that's an easy choice

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 27, 2017

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I feel like most of my problems with Academy could be solved with the ability to trade event items for others, even if it was wildly proportioned. Like 10 Green globes for 1 Orange, or 5 crowns for one coin. Just something extra to help out in other areas.

havok9
Aug 16, 2005

Just started playing this and I have a stupid question - is there any point putting characters on tasks if they don't have a quest or a notice-board mission? I have a bunch of characters just walking around the quad... I tried setting them on tasks but I don't seem to get anything for them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

havok9 posted:

Just started playing this and I have a stupid question - is there any point putting characters on tasks if they don't have a quest or a notice-board mission? I have a bunch of characters just walking around the quad... I tried setting them on tasks but I don't seem to get anything for them.

No, not in this one.

During some events, characters can have actions that produce items but those are usually premium.

havok9
Aug 16, 2005

Thanks, I guess they can just cut laps for now. Has there been any news on the next event? I really like the Spider-Man one - even as a Lvl 9 I was able to get JJJ and Silk and only spent money on Agent Venom.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Next event is Armor Wars.

Costumes for Cap, Loki, Wasp, Enchantress and Iron Man (Hulkbuster).

New heroes are Iron Lad, Ironheart, Yellowjacket, Whiplash and Crimson Dynamo. Dynamo is early access since she's going to be a story character, so she's likely the grand prize.

This one isn't as long as the others, because the event after is Defenders themed to tie in.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Seems like a good event to take a break on, although I'm tempted by Riri if she's easy to nab.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

nerdman42 posted:

Seems like a good event to take a break on, although I'm tempted by Riri if she's easy to nab.

She is, you can just buy her.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Though the catch is you have to play if you want her in a power suit.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Fair enough, guess they got me again

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
If the next event is gonna be Defenders, who exactly can they drop that's not already in the game other than Colleen? They've already done DD, JJ, Cage, IF, Elektra, Punisher and Misty, and I assume Kingpin will be a rehashed boss. I don't see how it could possibly be anything other than a minor event where they just kinda make everyone available again for a week or so before moving onto the next thing...

havok9
Aug 16, 2005

Is the leaderboard working for anyone? Specifically the Personal tab? It says Claim Now but I can't figure out how!

havok9
Aug 16, 2005

havok9 posted:

Is the leaderboard working for anyone? Specifically the Personal tab? It says Claim Now but I can't figure out how!

Oh it's working now

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

GLOSS posted:

If the next event is gonna be Defenders, who exactly can they drop that's not already in the game other than Colleen? They've already done DD, JJ, Cage, IF, Elektra, Punisher and Misty, and I assume Kingpin will be a rehashed boss. I don't see how it could possibly be anything other than a minor event where they just kinda make everyone available again for a week or so before moving onto the next thing...

They'll probably do what they did for spiderman, give people a chance to get anyone they didn't already have from the last event, but unless they're doing Defenders from the comics, there isn't many characters from the shows they can add.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Very unfortunate glitch

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Retro Futurist posted:

Very unfortunate glitch

You mean awesome glitch.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Avengers Academy: provides everything you wanted and what you didn't know you wanted.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If feels like its taking forever to get the arms from Iron mans bear.

havok9
Aug 16, 2005

Waiting for the iron man arms is giving me plenty of time to craft the 273 helmets I need for the bird, iron man 2099 and whiplash

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is there any point to collecting the iron man armors from the heroic battles?

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

The armors are what unlocks the leaderboard prizes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Radio! posted:

The armors are what unlocks the leaderboard prizes.

Ah yes of course. I forgot about the leaderboard.

havok9
Aug 16, 2005

Is Episode 3 live? I've got no gold star missions to do.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

New episodes start Thursdays. Usually late around midnight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

twistedmentat posted:

Ah yes of course. I forgot about the leaderboard.

It also at least gives you something to do while waiting on unlocks, since there's no point in redoing any battles

• Locked thread