Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Hana for Silas because I also want to suffer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Hana will make her child pretty stronk, so why not

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nyx for silas so we can keep giving magic kids physical moms and physical kids magic moms

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Camilla.

Kay Kessler fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jul 25, 2017

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

LEGO Genetics posted:

Hana for Silas because I also want to suffer.

Agreed, Hana.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.
Camilla because I like this kid and want her to rock.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Camilla. A family that stalks Corrine together, stays together.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Hana because everyone is terrible

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I did Hana in my Birthright run, worked out well I thought.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Camilla

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Camilla

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
Camilla. Let's give them a fighting chance.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Camilla

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Camilla please.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Camilla gets my vote.

theshim
May 1, 2012

I only voted against Camilla because she's better used elsewhere. :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I don't wanna pollute the thread anymore with just votes, so this'll end in like 15 more minutes.

Valth001
Jul 20, 2014

Hana

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Hana

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Vote's over, Camilla gets together with someone she loved as a kid...?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Tae posted:

Vote's over, Camilla gets together with someone she loved as a kid...?

Better than getting together with someone she loves as family :colbert:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

C-B-A

How about, "I love you, schmoopie!" And "You're sooooooooooo sweet!"

S

I...I can't, Silas!

Again for the millionth time, what is the point of a deeprealm if anybody can enter or leave

Wow! We're doing so well today. Not at all like yester—WHOA!
Easy there, Avel! I said, EASY! AAAAAAVEL!

*Sophie hits the ground*

Daddy said Avel would be the ideal horse for me. But just look at him! Bucking me off! Galloping away! He's nuts!
And now where's he going?!

What?! AVEL! GET BACK HERE! That darn horse is heading for the portal to Daddy's world! I'M COMING, AVEL! I'LL GET YA, BUDDY!

*Sophie enters the portal*

There you are, Avel. Why'd you run off like that? We can't leave our Deeprealm! Easy there... Let me up...phew!

How would anyone find out. Is the world that small, are portals limited in range of where they were placed? ANSWER ME

Besides, Daddy said that it's super-dupity dangerous in his world.

She's going to say that a lot.

And by toll, I mean all your money. Hand it over. Or I'll take your hands!
Someone, help!

Then again, my band of malevolent brothers is in dire need of amusement. So carry on. Scream your heart out. Top of your lungs now...

So moody and dark

I don't care if I will get in trouble from Daddy—I have to come to the rescue! I bet Daddy will even be proud of me! Steady there, Avel. We're gonna head straight for 'em.
CHARGE!
Wh-wh-what?! Avel, no! You're going the wrong— WAAAAAAY!

*A moment later*

Looks like those marauders have already torn apart this place.
Oh, no. A band of villagers is rushing the enemies. A sure massacre!
We must save whomever we can and bring these villains to justice.

First thing is to use the Offspring seal to get Dwyer as a Butler. His strength is pretty high and his magic growth sucks, so this is the better of the two roles for him.

It's a map that's somewhat more challenging than it appears because there's suicidal NPCs that are going to rush at the enemy. And of course, items are linked to how many you keep alive.

It's a Kill Boss map, so it's not as dire as it seems.

Bench 5: http://www.strawpoll.me/13532320

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
"oh no, the villagers are rushing the enemies!"

I like how for once it's acknowledged the friendly units are being totally suicidal.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
It's a touch frustrating that the translators didn't know that her horse is clearly meant to be "Abel" but then again, Fates.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Camel Pimp posted:

It's a touch frustrating that the translators didn't know that her horse is clearly meant to be "Abel" but then again, Fates.

No, I'm pretty sure it's deliberately corrupted in the original so it resembles Abel but isn't either. Ace is the one where they didn't get the reference.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm not sure why but somehow Sophie has one of the best hairstyles across both armies

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hinata, Nyx, Saizo, Reina, Jakob are out. Hana is slowly gaining fans or something.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Nyx and Hinata are so overwhelmingly disliked that Ryoma and Fuga made it to the party.

Niles promotes to a Bow Knight, partly because we've already seen plenty of Adventurer via Shura. Partly because a BK's growths help Niles more in hitting stuff hard and surviving.

We've already seen plenty of Kinishi Knight and Sniper, but Setsuna's strength goes from nil to below nil as a Kinshi. Her offense is pretty good now between Quick Draw and her absurd speed lending to high crit chances.

Setsuna and a couple other fighters bait near the top against the Sorcerer, while the rest of the party heads left via the bottom route. It's very important to not aggro the cavaliers from Setsuna's area, as you want them all bunched up where Corrine is for the most damage.

Benny, I know you're basically invincible with Guard Naginata, but you still need some stats.

So these Villagers literally stand no chance in surviving a hit, so Corrine's team has to quickly eliminate all the horsies to keep the NPCs safe. For now.

The batch of Paladins and Zerkers get dealt with swiftly while Setsuna takes out the Sorcerer as Beruka carries Silas up to his daughter.

Fuga may not have great growths, but he can still carry a spare Guard Naginata and arguably be as good or better than Benny as a wall. He's got high strength, good enough speed to never get doubled, and Seal Attack to slightly debuff enemies. Also not have General-esque movement.

The next turn, the NPCs move specifically so one is in the line of fire that basically requires you to rush over and block the bridge with your units. If you don't the Villagers will just suicide into that batch of foes.

There's a reason why the reward only requires 5 out of 6 to survive, because it's kind of a rude gimmick.

Sophie also travels a bit suicidal if you don't make a real attempt at catching up to her.

Daddy! What are you doing here?!
I'd ask the same of you, Sophie. Why did you leave your Deeprealm?
(I can't tell Daddy the truth. I'd be so embarrassed!)
Sophie, you're mumbling.
No, Daddy! That is, Daddy, I'm here because...because... Because I heard the shouts of villagers coming through the portal! So I, er...

(Whoa. Not again, Avel. Settle down. At least until Daddy leaves!)
Sophie, you've made me proud. I didn’t know you had this in you!
It's high time we ride into battle together. Father and daughter—true cavaliers!
Uh, wha—? I mean, yes, Daddy!
I'll do my best. So will Avel! Now let's save those villagers!

PSkill: Mischievous-When user triggers the battle and their attack connects with the enemy, enemy’s Defence -3 and enemy is stripped

Sophie didn't gain much from Camilla aside from Strength+2 (cause no way am I giving her Lunge). Her PSkill is pretty good if not...unusual.

Sophie becomes a Great Knight, as she has a good speed growth so it's not hampered by the class, and boosts her HP growth from shaky to reliable. Also way better skills.

Double-filling the bridge will prevent the NPCs from entering the island of doom and instead try to go the long way around. Unfortunately, they are still suicidal to kill Nichol and are heading to Sophie's path.

Only thing lacking is Skill since he's gonna be a bit inaccurate later on with a Beastrune but hey. Also picks up Better Odds for the decent self-heal.

It's now pretty much another race to clear the middle fast, as a ton of Paladins and an Adventurer will pour in the small island.

Sophie's group is also on the clock to at least block off the Paladins up top so the NPCs will live.

It's getting a bit crowded here.

Sophie, Setsuna, and Beruka manage to clear out the initial Paladins, with a great level gained from the skirmish. Beruka might actually be decent! (No she won't, 15 speed is still bad with those not-elite defenses)

Hayato gets +STR/MAG/SPD/LCK/DEF. His magic is not great at 17, but his advantage is that resistance is far lower than the average Defense stat and he does it safely from range.

Why. Why.

22 strength is meh, but that sword adds like 20 billion extra power.

Sophie, why is this a thing you learned

Swordmaster is better for Hana, plus we've already seen plenty of Master of Arms from Mozu's rampage in Birthright.

*sigh* so many below-20 strength characters.

But you, friend, have an especially hopeful light in your eyes. Come closer. I'll be glad to extinguish it for you.

There's enemy reinforcements on this map, actually. A lot of reinforcements, but that basically requires you to sacrifice the NPCs and wait out a long time.

Not very impressive for a level 12 promoted unit. 19 speed? 21 strength? Yuck.

HANA PLEASE DO A THING

Such an edgelord

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I've never seen quite this much rotten luck in a single run.

For some reason, Nichol has (pseudo) shipping art.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

inthesto posted:

I've never seen quite this much rotten luck in a single run.

For some reason, Nichol has (pseudo) shipping art.

I think it's probably because much like Candace back in Midori's paralogue, Nichol has unused ally data files (i.e., lines for Private Quarters stuff) in the game, suggesting that at one point he was going to be recruitable. Then again, from what I've read, all named paralogue bosses started out as recruitable characters that were shunted to paralogue bosses as development moved forward.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Sophie is good, as kids in this game go. Her enthusiasm is endearing. I also found this map to be an interesting challenge when I tried it in Birthright, trying to find an effective strategy that wasn't "Ryoma murders everything and sucks up all the XP".

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
With a personal skill like that Sophie must never be allowed to hold a ladle, umbrella or broom ever at the barracks

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

Never knew this map had reinforcements. I've always rushed the boss ASAP with Camilla or Reina to avoid dealing with lovely green unit AI, blocking the bridge with Xander or Ryoma if I have them.

If you can, Nichol is a great unit to capture early game. His bases are strong and he's in a good class. Sophie is also a pretty good kid, she's a second Silas with slightly more speed and slightly less bulk generally.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If Sophie was just stripping people at every encounter, I can understand why the horse might hesitant to follow such a master.

But why here? And not at—?
So, Sophie...your steed is more unruly than you've led me to believe. I'm not surprised that he behaved here. The difference wasn't him. It was you. You displayed newfound confidence. Your directions were assured!

Is that how Xander gets his horse to jump 30 feet in the air?

Ugh. That's all I needed to do this whole time?
Yes, but it's no easy feat, especially since I gave you Avel to ride. When you told me long ago that you wanted to ride a horse like me... I knew I had to get you a horse with the highest expectations.

When did you give her a horse. Recently? Or did you give her one as a kid and it grew with her?

You see, Sophie, this is really about more than your steed. If you can ride Avel, you'll command the respect of everyone you meet. Many who live through these times of war are ready to give up. I need my daughter to inspire everyone to pick themselves off the ground.
That's why you gave me Avel?
I guess I see, Daddy. But I'm not that Sophie yet. I'm still only...me.
Only?
Hmm. There's nothing "only" about you, Sophie. Look at what you did today! Think about everything you're about to do!
Huh? What do you mean?

Spoiler, Silas is still a deadbeat dad as far as visiting her

Honestly, I'd feel safer with you staying where you are. But you're ready for this. I think you'll learn to handle Avel even faster that way. I'll teach you what I know. That is, only if you want to.

Technically it's true it's safer, since Sophie didn't get attacked by Valla soldiers.

I could learn a lot from you, Daddy! Of course I want to come!
I have faith in you. You might surpass me. You're already better than you know!
Thanks, Daddy! Wow, Avel. You and I are finally—

Avel, SIT! Avel, STAY!

Wait, the portal's still open...?

Well, I see I've got my work cut out for me.
Now that we'll be riding together, she'll see how her daddy handles his horse.
Great! I got Avel back under control!
Sophie, well done. You see? The secret is taking control. The most important thing is to always be firm, and yet—WHOA! D

Th-that's all right. I knew he'd be a handful. It's just a matter of—
Avel! Stop eating my hair! It took me forever to grow it back the last time!
Huh. That's uh...not good. Avel! Bring her back! AVEL!

The villagers give a Partner Seal and Energy Drop for keeping their dumb butts alive.

Unit Joined

Sophie

Class sets: Starts as Cavalier, Mercenary, Wyvern Knight,
PSkill: Mischievous-When user triggers the battle and their attack connects with the enemy, enemy’s Defence -3 and enemy is stripped

Growth Rates
HP: 57.5
STR: 62.5
MAG: 17.5
SKL: 62.5
SPD: 57.5
LCK: 35
DEF: 50
RES: 40

Excellent growths, solid PSkill, all the recipes of a powerful character who's only flaw was that she wasn't recruited sooner. She also has powerful reclass options in being a Bow Knight or one of the two Wyvern promotions depending on need.

You're not yet my equal, and if I work hard, you never will be!

theshim
May 1, 2012

Camilla is an incredible mom for pretty much every physical kid and makes any of them top-tier.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Next kid is ryoma. Doing all hoshido first. Or I can mix and match.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Have him marry Elise.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

W.T. Fits posted:

Have him marry Elise.

Agreed

We need more hosed up pairings that make kids useless

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
At least Sophie is able to find the bright side of being a hyperbolic time chamber baby?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

What does 'stripped' even mean in this context? You don't really get armor in Fire Emblem games. Does she just steal whatever they don't have equipped at the moment?

• Locked thread