Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I'm the guy closing the tail of the plane down every game, proning people off it who are blocking it, and telling people to come back tuesday 8am-430 pm. Every lobby. The plane is closed unless people ask nicely, then I move. People really like trying to climb to the top. Did you know that at 200 games you've wasted 5 hours in lobby?

I just ask trivia questions to grant access to the plane during the setup lobby...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Bad Seafood posted:

Okay, cool.
I mean, yes, but it's the difference between hanging out with longtime friends playing a new game, and having to find a group. I don't have a problem with the latter, per se, but this game was first brought to my attention by somebody who was very "No, you need to play with people you know." I'm not typically a huge multiplayer guy though so I figured I'd ask some other people.

I'd 100% rather play this game with goon friends than RL friends. I don't know how many times I could handle any of my rl friends could driving me into obvious ambushes before I'd have a hard time staying friends with them

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Did you know that at 200 games you've wasted 5 hours in lobby?

Hey man that can be a very productive 30 to 90 seconds for me

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I'd 100% rather play this game with goon friends than RL friends. I don't know how many times I could handle any of my rl friends could driving me into obvious ambushes before I'd have a hard time staying friends with them

This is why the discord has push to talk

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

DBNO is really important though, how else are you going to know if you wipe a group? Whats annoying about it?

DBNO is garbage and I wish it wasn't in the game. It actually makes camping and sniping stronger and in my opinion is a way bigger deal than third person camera. Without it, it's true that you wouldn't know if you've wiped a squad or not, but it would make sacrifice plays that much more viable.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

VulgarandStupid posted:

DBNO is garbage and I wish it wasn't in the game. It actually makes camping and sniping stronger and in my opinion is a way bigger deal than third person camera. Without it, it's true that you wouldn't know if you've wiped a squad or not, but it would make sacrifice plays that much more viable.

I'm generally okay with the concept of DBNO because it creates something to fight over and it allows for 2nd chances in games where you'd otherwise be sitting in the lobby waiting a while for your teammates.

But I think it should be nerfed. Either lowering max health over consecutive revives or a max revive limit of 1 or maaybe 2 (I've heard there is one already? If there is it's way too high) would work well imo. As it is it's like 'hey you shot this guy enough to kill him three times normally but he just keeps getting back up." That part sucks to me.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ice Fist posted:

I'm generally okay with the concept of DBNO because it creates something to fight over and it allows for 2nd chances in games where you'd otherwise be sitting in the lobby waiting a while for your teammates.

But I think it should be nerfed. Either lowering max health over consecutive revives or a max revive limit of 1 or maaybe 2 (I've heard there is one already? If there is it's way too high) would work well imo. As it is it's like 'hey you shot this guy enough to kill him three times normally but he just keeps getting back up." That part sucks to me.

You do start to bleed out way faster. But I've totally had a teammate just sit by me and revive me as I took shots on another team that had bad positioning

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

DBNO is really important though, how else are you going to know if you wipe a group? Whats annoying about it?

If your teammate is DC'ed or really far away make sure before they kill you to say "my friend will follow you until the end of the world, WATCH YOUR BACK" or something like that so they are extra paranoid. Its the little griefings that really make me love this game.

I'm the guy closing the tail of the plane down every game, proning people off it who are blocking it, and telling people to come back tuesday 8am-430 pm. Every lobby. The plane is closed unless people ask nicely, then I move. People really like trying to climb to the top. Did you know that at 200 games you've wasted 5 hours in lobby?

Really makes you think man, find your happiness.

The best way to use the lobby is practicing crouch jumps.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

VulgarandStupid posted:

Yea I guess now that I think about it I agree with it. Maybe once? It sure is a good way to deal with the bugginess of vehicles. When I first got this game it was much more fun because people were idiots and would revive in the open and crawl right to their friend sniping. That doesn't happen anymore

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

VulgarandStupid posted:

Without DBNO you'd have more camping because the risk moving about outside is so much higher.
You should have a Revive cap though, two or three revives no ifs or buts, no items that let you get downed extra beyond your 2/3 downs.
I'd like a Defib item that when you revive your buddy it gives them a third or half heal or just some regen.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I mean, it's still clearly an early access game with some things that should probably be addressed. Personally I wish the first circle wasn't as random in terms of where it can be placed and how much of the map it can cut off. It's kind of like, "oh cool an 8x8 km map!" but sometimes the first circle cuts it down to a quarter of that size. I think in general the circles are balanced fairly re: timing and damage but like, don't give us a circle that's 50% out to sea, that's loving stupid.

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

which one of you guys tried this

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
My rating keeps climbing and my kd keeps dropping. I should learn to shoot but the bushes call
Currently 2.1k .8 :kamina:.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

e: nobody cares

Teeter fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Aug 2, 2017

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Honestly, it'd be a good use for bandages and encourage people to use them a bit more.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
downed gives you less health each time you go down though, so if you do keep dying you'll only be saved in situations your squad has a handle on

works fine

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

lohli posted:

I've noticed that people like this generally don't improve, maybe they'll get embarrassed and chill out for a short while after someone makes a point of how ridiculous they have been behaving but they never really stop getting mad at videogames.

Edit: Also he's more likely to just drive off anyone who has the displeasure of playing with him, if you play with a group of regulars and you bring him along, they'll avoid him if the group is big enough for that to be viable but they'll go elsewhere if they can't get away from him.

They get better when they start dealing with the problems in their life that are the root cause of their anger.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
DBNO lets you become that rear end in a top hat sniper who uses shot buddies as bait, and if you aren't using it for that then lol what are you even doing in this game.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
The other day I was playing with my bro and this guy down him out in the open. I turn and spot him and start shooting him, and rather than address me, he just loving keeps unloading and finishes him. I kill him and he doesn't have a DBNO so obviously his partner was dead already. It just left me wondering what the gently caress he was thinking.

e: I guess maybe he was thinking he couldn't outshoot me in that situation and wanted to make sure he got the kill and spoil our game? Only thing that makes sense to me. If only he knew I am actually bad.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 25, 2017

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Dbno allows you to possibly save a squad mate who otherwise would be waiting 5-30 minutes so it's cool and good

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
When is the next big update supposed to come out? Feels like it should be soon, but I don't know wheres an aggregation of latest dev tweets and other such stuff.

Last thingI can find talks about the patch that was around the 11th of july.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
This might of been posted already, but if so it's still worth reposting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt-3mPgyA24

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
Hot tip that helped me. I aim with low sensitivity but dragging items into inventory was tough. I set general sensitivity much higher than my aim sens. I shouldn't be shooting unless I'm aiming and now I can drag items into inventory much quicker.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

RizieN posted:

Wanna see a dude own three of us with a cross bow and then my friend get triggered and stop being my friend for two weeks? This is a regular thing with our "toxic" bro. I wish I would've just responded with "ehhh I don't think I'm gonna make the LAN dude" since that would've been funnier than just trying to bite my tongue. e; video is from another friend's perspective, not the screamer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8-8jY7lucQ

Also, my buddy posted it on a reddit thread which featured tons of comments like :

you should upgrade those two weeks to permanent at least in the video game world this guy is gonna have an aneurysm

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
https://pubgtracker.com/insights/skillrating?mode=1
apparently im top 2.1% material with a sub 1.0 kd overall

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
When your squad mate gets knocked he should be "dead" until you rescue him from the nearest bathroom ala Left 4 Dead.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

underage at the vape shop posted:

https://pubgtracker.com/insights/skillrating?mode=1
apparently im top 2.1% material with a sub 1.0 kd overall

I'm #2,922 in NA squad rank right now with 0.89 kdr: https://pubg.me/player/MeatPupet

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Broose posted:

When is the next big update supposed to come out? Feels like it should be soon, but I don't know wheres an aggregation of latest dev tweets and other such stuff.

Last thingI can find talks about the patch that was around the 11th of july.

I think it was delayed due to a crash they were still working on: https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/888036633857019904

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Word is coming down that people with over 3.0kdr will be granted open mic privileges, freeing them from the tyranny of PTT. If anyone has any questions about kdr related policies, please forward them to weedlordgokubaby.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Word is coming down that people with over 3.0kdr will be granted open mic privileges, freeing them from the tyranny of PTT. If anyone has any questions about kdr related policies, please forward them to weedlordgokubaby.

Irony being that none of the tryhard crew would ever use an open mic.

I wish the mumble was split into separate channels. Go to these channels if you wanna be super serious. Go to these channels if you wanna chill and make sweet jumps.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

tehinternet posted:

I wish the mumble was split into separate channels. Go to these channels if you wanna be super serious. Go to these channels if you wanna chill and make sweet jumps.

Good idea.
I want to go to channel that pretty much means, I won't judge you. Dont judge me. Let's have fun.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

cosmicjim posted:

Good idea.
I want to go to channel that pretty much means, I won't judge you. Dont judge me. Let's have fun.

Might I suggest the reddit discord??

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

what is reddit?

Linstar
Apr 21, 2010

tehinternet posted:

Excuse me, I'm pretty sure we try the least to win. We literally are just standing in an open field looking for people to shoot.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I find being upfront about my chilledness works pretty well? But maybe the groups could be named appropriately for poo poo players/not poo poo players to make it a little less intimidating for people who are afraid of being bad. I unno.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
I find you can identify the serious players because they wear pants. The unserious, bad players very often have no pants on.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
i am only wearing pants because it is winter right now and my legs get cold but i will think you will find i am not a tryhard KDR caring player, i love to hide in bushes

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

underage at the vape shop posted:

i am only wearing pants because it is winter right now and my legs get cold but i will think you will find i am not a tryhard KDR caring player, i love to hide in bushes

Isn't hiding at all considered try-hardering?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

VulgarandStupid posted:

Isn't hiding at all considered try-hardering?

poo poo i will have to readjust my playstyle to accomodate this new information

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

I wanted to buy a mechanical keyboard, but what's the point if people cant hear every keystroke i hit? Please turn open mic on, thank you.

• Locked thread