Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
what was barack obama doing

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
this is probably my actual favorite debate moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WccVp-BWEY

it was so good live

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

deadgoon posted:

what was barack obama doing

he's partying on whore island

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Drain the cell phone batteries and burn the chargers. jfc national security, what's that?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
everybody that works in the executive branch decided to just leave this doddering old gently caress in front of the tv all day, huh

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

crazy cloud posted:

He is dying, and wants to do his favorite activity for a 3rd and final time, making terrible decisions aboard an aircraft

:boom:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

crazy cloud posted:

He is dying, and wants to do his favorite activity for a 3rd and final time, making terrible decisions aboard an aircraft

:thurman:

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Animal-Mother posted:

everybody that works in the executive branch decided to just leave this doddering old gently caress in front of the tv all day, huh

not every day can be your best day at work sometimes you need a break

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Animal-Mother posted:

Mooch is putting TVs in every room and tweet stations in every bathroom

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
this been posted yet?

Trump Sells Make America Great Again Merchandise Through a Canadian Company

Venture over to Shop.DonaldTrump.com, and there you'll find everything from the classic Make America Great Again hats to a MAGA hat golf club cover to a mug that reads, "I Love Waking Up and Remembering That Donald Trump Is President." Open the site's source code, and you'll find that the store is powered by Shopify, an Ottawa-based e-commerce company founded by two Germans in 2004. According to Fortune, the company facilitated purchases by over 100 million online shoppers in 2016.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-uses-canadian-company-sell-make-america-great-again-641156

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

jarofpiss posted:

let's dispel with this fiction that barack obama isn't partying on whore island

he is exactly partying on whore island

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

this is probably my actual favorite debate moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WccVp-BWEY

it was so good live

this really is trump at his best, making GBS threads on the GOP, DESERVEDLY. a shame he strayed from that

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
ive been really busy this last week, not much time to post, but goddamn trump twitter rules so hard

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i legit kind of want a "I love waking up in the morning and remembering Donald trump is president" mug for post apocalyptic cred

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

jarofpiss posted:

is there no end to the jeffrey epstein connections?

The_Raven
Jul 2, 2004

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved?
This feels terribly appropriate...

https://play.google.com/music/listen#/album/Bi5pfjbcywr35nfvcjoypttowie

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Why did Hannity switch to Tapper, just cuz his Maddow hate didn't work?
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/889688803543273473

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
sometimes. for just a moment, my brains internal irony shield will lower and get genuinely sad and bemused trump is president but then it's back to sardonic detachment

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

Why did Hannity switch to Tapper, just cuz his Maddow hate didn't work?
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/889688803543273473

it's weird how few on the right attack Maddow when she's the most effective journalist on cable news, and she hates Republicans

I honestly think they're intimidated by her

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I don't know who any of these people are and I don't care but the fact they're mad on twitter makes it a-ok in my book

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

jarofpiss posted:

i legit kind of want a "I love waking up in the morning and remembering Donald trump is president" mug for post apocalyptic cred

Last year my wife got me a MAGA beer coozy she got for free cause she knew I'd enjoy the kitchiness of using it for years after Donald Trump lost the election.
Now I keep it as a grim reminder of our hubris.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/889658137850109952

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I have very little time for TV.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

crazy cloud posted:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

jarofpiss posted:

I'm ordering one next payday when I can afford such frivolity

I have exactly one regret in life and it is that I don't have an official Jeb! 2016 mug

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Nichael posted:

it's weird how few on the right attack Maddow when she's the most effective journalist on cable news, and she hates Republicans

Didn't it come out a few months ago that Steve Bannon admired her and she was sorta freaked out about that? Like he said he wished more RW media took her approach to things.

But maybe it's been years instead of months and I'm misremembering.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/889690515972771842

quote:

The plan, according to two senior GOP Senate aides:

1. Take the vote on the motion to proceed, which would begin debate on the House-passed bill. It's unclear whether this has 50 votes. If it doesn't, this is where the plan ends.

2. If the motion to proceed passes, vote on the Better Care Reconciliation Act — the leading replacement plan.
  - Here's where things get murky: Sen. Rob Portman has struck a deal that would add $100 billion to the bill's stabilization fund. It would pair with Sen. Cruz's consumer-freedom amendment, which allows insurers selling ACA-compliant plans to also sell non-compliant plans. But a vote on that agreement would be subject to a 60-vote threshold because it hasn't been analyzed by the Congressional Budget Office. That means it'll fail.

3. Then would come the vote on an updated version of 2015 straight-repeal bill. This is also expected to fail. (The way leadership is structuring the vote procedurally, this would technically be the first amendment voted on — likely as a nod to Sen. Rand Paul — even though BCRA would be on the table first.)

4. If votes on the 2015 bill and BCRA both fail, all votes are to amend the House bill. It's unclear what these votes will be, but Democrats are sure to make Republicans take some painful ones.

5. No one knows what the final bill will be, "because we don't have a product that 50 senators agree to," one of aides said.
  - No one will see a final product before the vote on the motion to proceed tomorrow, unless something is being drafted overnight, the aide added. "This is a leap of faith in [Majority Leader Mitch [McConnell. We have no idea what the final product will be."
  - The second aide added that "the ultimate goal is to get to conference where there would be more time to work out some of the issues and get scores on these items."

But things are in flux. "Everybody is kind of all over the place on what they think they've heard as far as procedure and ordering of amendments," the second aide said. "It's like we all agree that Portman, Cruz, and repeal all get votes, but the process has everybody scratching their heads."

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
What's Hannity doing to Jake now?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Someone's just pouting that Trump didn't tag his tweet as spoilers
https://twitter.com/TheRickyDavila/status/889688006562656257

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

Last year my wife got me a MAGA beer coozy she got for free cause she knew I'd enjoy the kitchiness of using it for years after Donald Trump lost the election.
Now I keep it as a grim reminder of our hubris.

nice to meet u mr clinton

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXUBN8SJASw

lmao "master debater" ted cruz

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

crazy cloud posted:

He's too much of a wuss to lift his arms that high 2 reach the lever~

this reminds me of my favorite d&d moment where I posted John McCain looked disingenuous throwing a baseball and a guy thought I was making fun of his disability and threatened to break my arm

when I tried to explain how stupid his assumption was I got dogpiled

no one got probated lol

full point
Jan 21, 2006

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I'm on a date and they literally have said "slow and steady wins the race" twice.

JEB!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Nichael posted:

shes really terrible at getting across a point that you're not already sympathetic to

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

this reminds me of my favorite d&d moment where I posted John McCain looked disingenuous throwing a baseball and a guy thought I was making fun of his disability and threatened to break my arm

when I tried to explain how stupid his assumption was I got dogpiled

no one got probated lol

this is lamer than mccain

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Higgy posted:

sounds about right. I remember trump winning the primaries just shortly after the vietnam war

30 years ago was 1987. When do you think the Vietnam war ended?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

sexpig by night posted:

What's Hannity doing to Jake now?

He had a weird hate campaign about Maddow for a bit even tho he bragged about how beneath him it was and apparently he switched to Jake tonight for reasons unknown and told his audience to tweet about how they hate Tapper because it obvs should have made him quit in shame

• Locked thread