Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Thankfully there are actual good queer webcomics like Jeb to read instead.

See you're saying good but you're showing bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Motherfucker posted:

name checks out

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Always be belittling bravest.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Straight White Shark posted:

I actually kind of agree, but I think that's part of why it works for me, since we've been told it's all coming to an end and soon we won't be reading any more about them. In a weird way it's comforting to be able to see why it's for the best.
I get that. I mean, for a decade I enjoyed reading about Shelly and watching the chaos unfold around her, so it's not like I never liked her and Tim. It's just something about the author pointing out their bad behavior that ruins the fantasy for me. The same thing happened when that Frank Grimes episode of Simpsons came out. A character in the show listed all his valid complaints and I thought, hey he's right. And like that the part of the magic of the show vanished for me.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
You have to admit that the Frank Grimes episode would have made a fantastic series finale, though. Seinfeld's finale was written along very similar lines and it worked pretty well too.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I did a quick search of BSS and couldn't find anything about this one:

http://maliki.com/en/

It's been going since forever, but until a few years ago it was french-only so I had mostly given up on trying to read it. But at some point in time, translations to English started popping up on the site.

* Vaguely pseudo-autobiographic comic.
* Excellent art in large colorful pages. Funny & original characters.
* Mostly standalone strips, no epic story arcs, at least not lately.
* Occasionally devolves into "webcomics about making webcomics", but always with a punchline. Stays away from the tendency to post "here's a strip to announce that I'm signing at X-con next week" like you see all the time in some comics I used to follow.

Don't ask me to summarize anything, though. I still didn't read the old stuff that was french-only, so I couldn't say why the cartoonist has a Chinese kid living with her, or why she has two superpowered alter egos that levitate, etc etc. Just run with it, it's funny and cute.

This looks pretty cute! And I've been looking for an excuse to practice my french.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I don't remember how Shelly became wealthy.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

She writes a series of children's novels I think.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I wanna see what the mystery kids are up to

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Kurvi Tasch posted:

I'm especially impressed by this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3PwNYLhsX0
as he plays watercolors vs ink-drawing to create some creepy depth-of-field effect on the monster in the background.

That is indeed amazing. Thanks for posting this.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Motherfucker posted:

theyre both good imo, just going off the one linked image

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Dangerous Person posted:

I wanna see what the mystery kids are up to

They're busy transforming into the worst possible monsters: teenagers

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I wanna see if Jack totally blew it with Mildred as opposed to mostly blowing it at the end of the last case

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

So... Poppy O'Possum is really coming to a head, huh?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Tenebrais posted:

So... Poppy O'Possum is really coming to a head, huh?

This is why it's important to talk with your partner about getting involved in a coup before you actually do it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
If Kit thinks she's going to be able to pull some master-ninja Arya-Stark advantage-in-the-darkness bullshit I hope she's worked out a solution for her "squeaky footsteps" problem.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Oxxidation posted:

If Kit thinks she's going to be able to pull some master-ninja Arya-Stark advantage-in-the-darkness bullshit I hope she's worked out a solution for her "squeaky footsteps" problem.
I suspect that's going to be exactly the tension-breaker this stretch of the comic needs.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Valiant attempt to take advantage of her blindness though.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Oxxidation posted:

Handstands.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I like how Kit is so much less mature than Poppy, even though she has a lot of years on her. It makes sense and is conveyed well. Crazy fox lady just took "I feel I can trust you with my child" as a negative.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

'trust you with my child' probably doesn't have the same effect to someone raised by servants, to boot

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I hesitate to say crazy, but it definitely indicates a selfish streak a mile wide.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Wittgen posted:

I like how Kit is so much less mature than Poppy, even though she has a lot of years on her. It makes sense and is conveyed well. Crazy fox lady just took "I feel I can trust you with my child" as a negative.

She's also presently half-mad from stress and sleep deprivation, and already had a couple screws loose as a result of her Lucky Star alienating her from everyone except the untouchables of her society.

I dunno, I'm not too fond of the direction the comic has gone in, tonally. It drew me in with Jojos. Everything since the (visually confusing) dragon fight has been mostly dirge and politicking with some great visual gags thrown in.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Rjinder has always been great at creepy little smiles but today's is undoubtedly the littlest and creepiest.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Straight White Shark posted:

Rjinder has always been great at creepy little smiles but today's is undoubtedly the littlest and creepiest.

I don't think that's a smile. I think that's rigid shock at realizing that his skin monster's gonna go berserk and kill everyone in the room if Wanda tries to put him in the machine (because she's a crazy person at this point)--because there is no way in hell that nightmarish thing is going to "die", for all intents and purposes, without one hell of a fight.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

yeah that's not a smile that's a 'we did not discuss this before' face

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
What? The skin monster's intelligent right? How did it think this wouldn't come up?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Pavlov posted:

What? The skin monster's intelligent right? How did it think this wouldn't come up?

I'd just kind of assumed it shared Rjinder's self-centered arrogance and Lulenski being bonkers enough to use the Proto-Chakra on them against their will wasn't even worth an initial thought let alone a second one until literally right now. It's basically an "Oh poo poo... you were serious?" moment for both of them, because nobody even thought it was actually gonna work to begin with.

Lulenski turning out to actually be right for once in her life has thrown a whole tsunami of monkey wrenches into everyone's preconceptions of what the hell was really going on in that room.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Also, Rjinder's been a huge hypocrite from the beginning. He's always emphatically denied that the monsters are sentient, despite the fact that he has conversations with his.

I wouldn't be surprised if it somehow never occurred to him to include himself in his and Lulenski's "all monsters should obviously be mandatorily reintegrated" plan.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

I thought the director guy implied earlier that Rjinder always talked to himself creepily, so the skin isn't sentient, it just gets wavy whenever he talks to himself.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Yeah I'm guessing he's just projecting a lot of that personality on to his monster because he's a weird loner that already talked to himself.

Manofmanusernames
Jul 27, 2012

Jackass.
Does anybody know of any good completed long form story comics? I'm looking for stuff to archive binge.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
digger
octopus pie
there's another on the tip of my tongue

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Manofmanusernames posted:

Does anybody know of any good completed long form story comics? I'm looking for stuff to archive binge.

American Barbarian

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Tollymain posted:

digger
octopus pie
Dr. McNinja. :colbert:

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
It Hurts

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nimona's not a webcomic anymore but its real good

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Kid Rad?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I like Narbonic, but it won't be to everyone's tastes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Tollymain posted:

digger
octopus pie

Bobwhite?

• Locked thread