Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

whats going on here

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Has john maccain landed in dc yet

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Reality Winner posted:

Has john maccain landed in dc yet

If by land, you mean crash, then i dunno what do i look like a newser man, but probably

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

trump ahahahahaa

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

SKULL.GIF posted:

after a certain point of wealth I would just say "lol gently caress the planet" and gently caress off to do whatever it is you do with 700 million dollars

it is amazing that there's like 2000 billionaires on the planet and they're all slaveringly desperate to become even more wealthy even though it means literally no difference to their daily lives

I think "being a billionaire" is a consequence of a whole bunch of other needs, desires and drives (and yes, inheritance), that many of those things continue to be driving forces once success has been achieved, and that at least one of the common factors among extremely successful people is a lack of the concept of "enough".

I imagine that it also burns the hell out of people like Trump that they may be rich but that there are other people who are richer, and that the feeling of superiority that their wealth gives them with regard to nearly everyone else leads them to an agonising feeling of inferiority when faced with, say, Michael Bloomberg.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/889768678170013696

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Scent of Worf posted:

whats going on here

my man, have you tried Dali

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Perfectly Safe posted:

I think "being a billionaire" is a consequence of a whole bunch of other needs, desires and drives (and yes, inheritance), that many of those things continue to be driving forces once success has been achieved, and that at least one of the common factors among extremely successful people is a lack of the concept of "enough".

I imagine that it also burns the hell out of people like Trump that they may be rich but that there are other people who are richer, and that the feeling of superiority that their wealth gives them with regard to nearly everyone else leads them to an agonising feeling of inferiority when faced with, say, Michael Bloomberg.

The way Trump dunked on Romney as not wealthy was basically perfect proof that's how he thinks, as if we needed more.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Dolash posted:

The way Trump dunked on Romney as not wealthy was basically perfect proof that's how he thinks, as if we needed more.

It's also why he hates Jeff Bezos

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/889778138804363264

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
didnt jeff bezos show up for tech week in DC and sit at the table with trump and a bunch of other rich assholes?

bezos cucked himself

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

succ posted:

didnt jeff bezos show up for tech week in DC and sit at the table with trump and a bunch of other rich assholes?

bezos cucked himself

those rich assholes run this country. show some respect.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I did a thing posted:

those rich assholes run this country. show some respect.

may god bless u, and keep u in his gentle love.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

succ posted:

bezos cucked himself

jeff bezos went to his plastic surgeon w a photo of jk simmons and said "make me look like jk simmons"

i mean jk simmons is a cool guy but hes no dann florek

Kundus
Oct 30, 2014

little hands says it's time to rock n roll

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
are u anarchists, with ur little bandanas and ur little sissy punches, ready to go to war with elite para-military organizations like the boy scouts of america?????

deadgoon has issued a correction as of 10:58 on Jul 25, 2017

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

http://gizmodo.com/the-republican-in-charge-of-the-house-science-committee-1797213086

quote:

Because plants love CO2 so much, Smith argued, pumping lots of it into the atmosphere could result in “greater volume of food production and better quality food,” as well as “lush vegetation” in formerly desolate areas of the globe.

quote:

“Also, as the Earth warms, we are seeing beneficial changes to the earth’s geography,” Smith added, noting “Arctic sea ice is decreasing.” While scientists would have you believe disappearing ice in the northern hemisphere could contribute to devastating sea level rise that would flood coastal cities, Smith is just pleased as punch it could result in “commercial shipping lanes that provide faster, more convenient, and less costly routes between ports in Asia, Europe, and eastern North America.”

:tif:

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/889788202172780544

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

is he taunting his ag on twitter

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
AG sean hannity when

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

euphronius posted:

yes

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
will someone bother to wake sessions up do you think?

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

euphronius posted:

it's called negging he's trying to gently caress him

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/889790429398528000

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

he gone

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
why does he tell twitter this instead of the attorney general this

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Whenever Trump goes off on one of these Twitter tirades about something he can actually do, like order investigations, I always assume Trump doesn't even realize he can do them. He just considers yelling about it on Twitter a clear enough signal rather than having to go through the onerous government process he probably doesn't understand.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

deadgoon posted:

it's called negging he's trying to gently caress him

*POTUS confidently strides to the podium wearing a purple velvet with a zebra stripe hatband adorned with a peacock feather* He became President of the United States in that moment, period

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

I kinda flip between terror, indifferent bemusement and unhinged laughter at how insecure our President is. This is definitely an unhinged laughter start to the day.

Christ what a whiny little child.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
PUATUS

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahaaaa

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Alternatively, he's doing a "who will rid me of this turbulent priest?" bit and hoping people will take the hint to do what he wants while maintaining plausible deniability that he never "ordered" them to do it.

Or it's all just posturing and theater he doesn't actually want to act on but at this point I think it's generous to assume Trump's capable of being crafty and isn't just bellowing what he really thinks at all hours.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Hmm yeah I can't imagine why they would prefer the centrist-bot over the Russian stooge

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

i'm dyin here

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

lfmao

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Do other banana republic dictators even have as much imbalance in expectation of loyalty as Trump does?

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
hes blasting the only senator that supported him during the primaries

lmfao jsut lmao

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
trump is going to piss in session's desk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf