Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Jezza, no! You were supposed to be one of the good ones!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Mike "Enoch" Peinovich was the fatso with the Bashar Al-Assad sunglasses at the D.C. rally with Spencer a few weeks ago. Personally I think these guys are morons and this article is taking too much of what they say at face value:

quote:

While the neo-fascist alt-right is not entirely happy with President Donald Trump’s first few months in office, one thing for which they are grateful is that the new administration is giving them free reign to engage in building their movement, completely unencumbered by any law enforcement scrutiny of their activities.

“He’s going to give us space to destroy,” Michael Peinovich, the creator of The Right Stuff, an alt-right podcast network said during a Sunday guest appearance on “Fash the Nation,” the movement’s most popular web radio show.

Peinovich, who also goes by the pen name “Mike Enoch,” was referencing a 2015 remark by Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, then the mayor of Baltimore, which some people interpreted as giving support to rioters who committed numerous acts of violence in the city following the acquittal of several police officers who had been on trial for the death of a black resident.

“He’s going to give us space to operate, and frankly, it is space to destroy,” Peinovich continued.

“Now is the time that we have to make hay while the sun shines . . . while these investigations of ‘domestic terrorist groups’ are not being funded by the government, they’re not being pushed by the Department of Homeland Security” argued one of the co-hosts of the program, an anonymous former Republican political staffer who calls himself Jazzhands McFeels.

“We’d probably be facing loving [racketeering] charges or some poo poo like that,” Peinovich said, discussing what he believed might have happened if Hillary Clinton had won the 2016 presidential election.

“We have to use these four years to grow into something that can’t be defeated by that kind of thing,” Peinovich said, referring to possible future investigations of neo-fascist groups.

Some parts of the Trump administration actively want to encourage the growth of the alt-right, the former Hill staffer “Jazzhands McFeels” said, claiming that Trump’s top strategist Steve Bannon secretly was trying to enable the fringe movement.

“They kind of expect us to be doing this. I’m not saying he’s our guy, but they want — at least Bannon, I would think — wants us to be able to operate in that space. So we should and we are,” he said.

http://www.salon.com/2017/07/24/alt-right-activists-say-trump-and-bannon-are-giving-them-space-to-destroy-by-keeping-fbi-away/
So Jazzhands McFeels here is probably referring to $10 million in DHS grants provided to counter-extremism groups. DHS awarded the funding right before the Obama admin sailed off into the sunset, and then last month the Trump DHS reshuffled the funding, which included pulling $400,000 from Life After Hate, which works to deradicalize people who wish to leave far-right groups (including prison gang members). Keep in mind this whole grant-funding thing is very new... I think. The CVE (Countering Violent Extremism) program was first approved in 2015 and it looks like this year is the first time when grants were awarded.

While bad enough, it has nothing to do with what Peinovich is talking about, which is investigations. He might be referring to DHS pulling resources -- separate from the CVE grant program -- from that kind of work, but that happened under Obama. If these guys are talking about terrorism or encouraging it, then they're dangerous (obviously) but also really stupid since the FBI still investigates that stuff; though they have fewer resources than they would if DHS was still involved. But Peinovich and the Daily Shoah crew attribute this to Bannon, who they think is their ally. Well, he might be. But I actually doubt that tbh.

Related:

quote:

Bannon rejected the idea of being associated with Richard Spencer, who leads the National Policy Institute, a white supremacist organization. He dismissed Spencer as a self-promoting “freak” and a “goober,” according to Green.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/joshua-green-steve-bannon-trump-campaign
tldr; Nazis dumb; gonna wind up in prison for criminal poo poo eventually.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 05:14 on Jul 25, 2017

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Jezza, no! You were supposed to be one of the good ones!

dont worry he's just pinching that really tiny tideclock

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 29 days!)

Ruzihm posted:

Have you watched this video? It refers to that episode! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBUuBd5VRbY

Yeah, Counter Points guy rules and that Always Sunny episode rules.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
I think it's loving stupid that people do alt-righters' work for them. Like when you're "they turned the ok sign and drinking milk into a racist symbol!!!!", well, no they loving didn't, they're trying to and you're helping them. All they have is half-assed memes to unify them, and you're literally just sitting on your rear end, handing them cultural power. The alt-right have never successfully made anything racist. In fact - think about it - they've never done anything but moan and pretend. They sit around crying about ghosts they see in the corners of their eyes. This bizarre and unhealthy behavior is only exacerbated by exposure to the Internet and that niggerstomper post is gonna end up in the DSM soon enough, mark my words.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Montasque posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMOllAKpvek

E Not only is he a black Nazi, but he's an openly gay black Nazi who hates trans people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d5Moxhxh5U

Move the gently caress over Milo.

that kid is lost. where the gently caress are his parents

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Scent of Worf posted:

that kid is lost. where the gently caress are his parents
i dunno but somebody needs to find a relative and tell them 16-year-old aaron is going to get himself hurt

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Cobweb Heart posted:

I think it's loving stupid that people do alt-righters' work for them. Like when you're "they turned the ok sign and drinking milk into a racist symbol!!!!", well, no they loving didn't, they're trying to and you're helping them. All they have is half-assed memes to unify them, and you're literally just sitting on your rear end, handing them cultural power. The alt-right have never successfully made anything racist. In fact - think about it - they've never done anything but moan and pretend. They sit around crying about ghosts they see in the corners of their eyes. This bizarre and unhealthy behavior is only exacerbated by exposure to the Internet and that niggerstomper post is gonna end up in the DSM soon enough, mark my words.

ignoring them is also what they want as idiots will always give them a platform

the way to combat the alt-right is to aggressively destroy them at every turn, they are cowards to a man and won't do poo poo if they sense danger

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
That neo-Nazi discord channel has slowed down quite a bit. Also they're scared of a Chicago gym that is training liberals in street fighting.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

That neo-Nazi discord channel has slowed down quite a bit. Also they're scared of a Chicago gym that is training liberals in street fighting.

This place?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I think so.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's something to be said about the alt-right radicalising liberals.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
since 87 huh

so OG as gently caress I guess

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That is the worst possible beard ever conceived by man.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

That is the worst possible beard ever conceived by man.

which one? they are all pretty bad

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sneakyfrog posted:

which one? they are all pretty bad

The grown out neckbeard that is so wispy it may as well just not exist at all.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

A: Trick the mainstream media into reporting that you've turned the OK sign into a nazi symbol.
B: Actually turn the OK sign into a nazi symbol.
C: ?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
someone on my course at uni had similar facial hair except couldn't grow it enough to get it to join at the neck lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

johnny fiveaces nooooo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i hadn't even noticed the facial hair mess on the guy on the right lol

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The grown out neckbeard that is so wispy it may as well just not exist at all.

oh god, dear god no. NO

can we take some land in Iraq and create a real kekistan for these guys to go to? preferably right next to ISIS

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

sneakyfrog posted:

since 87 huh

so OG as gently caress I guess

gat dang it the alt-right has turned 1987 into a fascist birth year

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

the trump tutelage posted:

gat dang it the alt-right has turned 1987 into a fascist birth year

we regret to inform you that you are now Hitler

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Yinlock posted:

the way to combat the alt-right is to aggressively destroy them at every turn, they are cowards to a man and won't do poo poo if they sense danger

yeah but how

do you mean like, round them up and put them in camps? No one has actually figured out what to do with these people.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I have to say, more and more each day I appreciate that the internet was in its infancy when I was an angsty teen moron, and while I never posted anything as dumb as this kid, I'm still glad there's no easily accessible record of the crap ideas I had back then.

yesterday a friend texted me some pictures of articles I wrote for the school paper in high school.

apparently I was really into op-eds. I'm so glad it was only in print and not online.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

yeah but how

do you mean like, round them up and put them in camps? No one has actually figured out what to do with these people.

Much like Rusty Venture, it's hard to think of much you can inflict upon them that life hasn't already.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

yeah but how

make fun of them until they stop going outside, mostly (if they ever did)

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm a big fan of encouraging paranoia and infighting

False flags. Black ops

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
But I'm also a skinny nerdlinger and not cut out for streetfighting

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I'm a big fan of encouraging paranoia and infighting

False flags. Black ops

the reason that the alt right hasn't been able to do anything to antifa despite all their flailing and the endless youtubes is that antifa basically doesn't exist

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah.

Interesting thing in the Dallas subreddit yesterday, which is the nearest big city to me. Somebody is going around Deep Ellum leaving Vanguard America and Anti-Communist Action stickers on signposts, etc. the usual places. Someone who lives in the neighborhood is taking them down and made a post which got a lot of upvotes. Just ordinary people in the community doing the work themselves and letting everyone else know.

Deep Ellum is a bar and arts district which has been through ups and downs. It's in an up period at the moment. The Hammerskins (racist skinheads) first emerged in Dallas and ruled the neighborhood briefly in the late 80s -- the Sikh temple shooter was one of them btw. Eventually the anti-racist punks got the upper hand and (physically) beat them out of the neighborhood. But swastika graffiti and neo-Nazi thugs were a serious problem for awhile and people have long memories.

I think the main reason they haven't come back openly is that people will actually beat the crap out of them. Some the bouncers in the bars down there might be veterans of those battles, I think. People in the subreddit saying they live in the neighborhood and still have their Docs which they used to kick skin heads in back in the day. Pretty interesting.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 06:25 on Jul 26, 2017

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

But I'm also a skinny nerdlinger and not cut out for streetfighting

weapons and meth exist friend

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Admiral Ray posted:

weapons and meth exist friend
True and we skinnies do compensate by playing dirty. Biting, etc. :hb:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

the most offensive part of this picture is that they're in a clan

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared
https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/890026264978960384

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol at Rees mogg being a far right meme

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/prodigis/status/890033740436705280

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Imagine someone handed you a pistol with only 6 shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Bip Roberts posted:

Imagine someone handed you a pistol with only 6 shots.

All six into my own face.