Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I'd be more interested in the Vegeta/Batman scowl-off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Nobby posted:

He showed up in Midnighter and Apollo recently.

He doesn't seem to be much a fan of the codename either.

I was just looking up this version of him. Huh, he's married to Tasmanian Devil and they have a daughter together. :3:

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

thatbastardken posted:

Also spirit bomb only works against bad guys.

ACTUALLY, I think if you check your work it only doesn't work against the PURE hearted and according to the Trinity war event :spergin:

Actual on topic stuff, from Edge of Venomverse #2, which was great, the first two pages of the comic, where Gwen Poole's journey goes in a very different direction.

(Don't worry, she gets better.)

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jul 25, 2017

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

If I got trapped in comicUniverse I'd just move to Spain. Or maybe New Zealand.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

MikeJF posted:

Didn't they nuke Uruguay in the DC universe? Move someplace out of the way and you're just setting yourself up to be wiped out as a show of impressiveness.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

prefect posted:

Didn't they nuke Uruguay in the DC universe? Move someplace out of the way and you're just setting yourself up to be wiped out as a show of impressiveness.

Yeah, that's why you go somewhere nominally western.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

MikeJF posted:

Yeah, that's why you go somewhere nominally western.

Hickman blew up Australia and Bendis blew up Canadia. (Okay, maybe not the whole things, but close enough.)

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
The safest place in Marvel or DC might very well be Russia.

I'd rather take my chances and live in Manhattan.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Could you imagine the home insurance tariffs if you live in Marvel New York?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

New Zealand doesn't even get on maps in the real world half the time, let alone on fictional ones. Plus our best superpower is the ability to visualise seemingly unrelated matter configurations of the three regular dimensions as if they were a cohesive series of events occurring in a linear sequence.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Grendels Dad posted:

No way, man, you're guaranteed to wind up being used in experiments by some crazy remnant of the KGB.

quote:

I'd rather take my chances and live in Manhattan.

At least they're used to it there, and have the infrastructure and services in place to deal with stuff.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Could you imagine the home insurance tariffs if you live in Marvel New York?

There's no way Stark or Richards or one of these super genius billionaires doesn't subsidize that kind of thing. Like Bruce Wayne has a ton of various foundations that give people money for the hosed up poo poo that happens in Gotham.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

MikeJF posted:

Don't move to comicUniverse Canada

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

purple death ray posted:

There's no way Stark or Richards or one of these super genius billionaires doesn't subsidize that kind of thing. Like Bruce Wayne has a ton of various foundations that give people money for the hosed up poo poo that happens in Gotham.
So is it like Bruce circulates 48% of the world's money, Luthor another 48%, and the 4% is what's left for everyone? Kind-of true to life tbh.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Obviously you move to New York and then when poo poo goes crazy you go straight to the 9/11 memorial so that when Doom or whoever shows up to kill everyone you can ask 'Where were you when the towers fell?' and then you'll look at the wall of names together and he'll shed a single tear and leave with a growled 'Next time, Richards'

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Ghostlight posted:

I believe you will find that Superman is not weak to magic, he is simply not strong against magic
:goonsay:

Dr. Fate acts like a dick to prove a point, from Justice League of America #102

Also, this whole thing was to justify why none of the invulnerable characters could blow up the Nebula Man with the magic missile, but why the hell would they have to include that stupid arrow?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

To make green arrow important okay

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Slightly worrying that Green Arrow carries around Green Lantern kryptonite Batman-style, ready to brandish it at a moment's notice to prove a point.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Zeeman posted:

Dr. Fate acts like a dick to prove a point, from Justice League of America #102

No, he's right, Superman is simply affected by magic like anyone else would be. He's not any weaker to it than a normal person. If a normal person would have been hurt by Dr Fates lightning bolt, then Superman would not be more hurt.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Android Blues posted:

Slightly worrying that Green Arrow carries around Green Lantern kryptonite Batman-style, ready to brandish it at a moment's notice to prove a point.

To be fair Hal Jordan has done some horrible poo poo

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, being ready to murder Hal Jordan at a moment's notice would have helped the Green Lantern Corps quite a bit.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

purple death ray posted:

No, he's right, Superman is simply affected by magic like anyone else would be. He's not any weaker to it than a normal person. If a normal person would have been hurt by Dr Fates lightning bolt, then Superman would not be more hurt.

Yeah, but this is the equivalent of punching someone in the face to remind them they can be hurt by being punched in the face

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Zeeman posted:

Yeah, but this is the equivalent of punching someone in the face to remind them they can be hurt by being punched in the face

Super-people only respond to face-punching.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Zeeman posted:

Yeah though why is Superman always forgetting about magic and why do people have to remind him of it. Like if I was invulnerable to everything but punches in the face I would constantly be trying to prevent that from happening but Superman is always sleeping on the magic thing.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

purple death ray posted:

Yeah though why is Superman always forgetting about magic and why do people have to remind him of it. Like if I was invulnerable to everything but punches in the face I would constantly be trying to prevent that from happening but Superman is always sleeping on the magic thing.

Maybe he's like Trump, where he constructs a mental fantasy world where he's the best at everything. It's just extra-hard to get through to him because he's mostly right.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You'd think a guy with so many magic friends could just have one cook up an anti-magic spell for him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

You'd think a guy with so many magic friends could just have one cook up an anti-magic spell for him.

He's had that happen before, including special armor. It's just not very interesting so they forget about it.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

purple death ray posted:

But most normal people tend to be straight up killed, if not seriously harmed by a lightning bolt. So by that logic shouldn't a magic lightning bolt have a pretty good chance of killing Superman?

Historically they don't, but they do mess him up something fierce.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Back to funny panels, I got a pretty good laugh out of the cover to Deadpool #33

That school poster about detentions.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Endless Mike posted:

Superman at one point was so bothered about this that he jumped dimensions to ask Doctor Fate after all his magic buddies
on THIS Earth basically said they couldn't help him.

Hey Supes get off the drat satellite my calls to Madagascar aren't going through! :v:

During a battle with aliens that used magic, Dr. Fate temporarily infuses him with all his power so that for a time,
he is effectively invulnerable to magic. He shrugs off magic attacks with ease.

Of course, here's what happens when he just asks him outright:

from World's Finest #208

Never mind that Fate is from Earth II and whatever whammy Fate gives him might only work in -his- universe..

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jul 25, 2017

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
... How does that work? "If I had been immune to magic I couldn't have fought those magic-wielding aliens" is pretty dumb.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

It's more like "If I hadn't been so worried about my weaknesses I never would have come to your Earth to prevent you from getting jobbed by those alien assholes" as the aliens had powers too tough for Fate to tackle by himself.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Android Blues posted:

Green Arrow was always the Kmart Batman, it makes sense. Plus wood is cheap enough for the second richest man in the world, kryptonite is hella expensive.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Ghostlight posted:

New Zealand doesn't even get on maps in the real world half the time, let alone on fictional ones. Plus our best superpower is the ability to visualise seemingly unrelated matter configurations of the three regular dimensions as if they were a cohesive series of events occurring in a linear sequence.

The science in that panel is amazing and I wouldn't dare argue with it.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

It gets better: his name is Julian Day.

I know this is like 10 pages ago but what rear end in a top hat didn't name him Greg(orian) Day?

Yes I know Julian is the calendar presented by Caesar but we use Gregorian so shut up

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Because Julian is an actual name and a full pun and it was the sixties?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Greg isn't an actual name?

The 60s point is valid. They werent exactly subtle

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Not really no. Certainly there are people who will tell you their name is Greg, but they are just in denial that their parents didn't love them enough to name them.

Fizbin
Nov 1, 2004
Zoom!
Also I'm pretty sure his middle name actually is Gregory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Grendels Dad posted:

Not an option in the Steven Universe... universe.