Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Powershift posted:

Reviews written by mercedes owners, no doubt.

I just watched this today as well and winced a whole bunch during that scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Darchangel posted:

I'd forgotten that there was a Kingsman sequel coming. Thank you.
I'm excited about ready Player One - I've been meaning to read the book for some time. I'm also cautiously hopeful for the new Wrinkle In time movie. The last one... deviated significantly from the source. It's a testament to how much nerd people like the book that they're tackling it again this soon.

God, don't read it. I have read worse books, but I'd be hard pressed to determine when. The whole thing is just a nostalgia wankfest of 80's pop culture in a terrible, pandering way.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

KakerMix posted:

I watched your link and cringed. Those front indicators aren't normal. I'm guessing they're US spec? Weird that Leno was saying the 3.5 he has is top spec, we had the 6.3L for top spec down here. I had a friend that bought a w108 sedan 280se with 3.5L v8 for $3k about 15 years ago. That got me interested in German cars and I almost bought a merc in 2008 (w114), but I put it off .

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jul 25, 2017

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Liquid Communism posted:

God, don't read it. I have read worse books, but I'd be hard pressed to determine when. The whole thing is just a nostalgia wankfest of 80's pop culture in a terrible, pandering way.

I found this picture with the caption

quote:

An exclusive look at my upcoming book: Ready Player One Except With Girl Culture. Hmu, Spielberg

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I had a conversation with a straight friend the other day about boobs and dicks. He tried to convince me that all dicks look the same, but boobs are all different. He couldn't understand why anyone would like dicks.

(good thing for him that his wife likes his)

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I found this picture with the caption

I dunno, the fact that 80s pop culture is awesome may help, even if it seems strange to me that some teenager forty years from now would be a fan of it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

It seems to be a characteristic much more frequent among highly social group animals; dolphins and bonobos are probably most famous for it, but there's quite a few more. Sex as reinforcement of social bonds is pretty effective. (Note: certain :biotruths: people use this as a justification for serial infidelity, polygamy, incest, pedophilia, rape, etc.)

there are a lot of animals that use rape for dominance too so maybe we should do more cartalk and less :biotruths:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

You started it, Mr Inseminator :colbert:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Hey guys, I just finished installing my intercooler......

....:catstare: What the hell happened in here.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Goober Peas posted:

You started it, Mr Inseminator :colbert:

that was actually a Mr Rhyno and his comments on a pretty blonde's tiddies

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

CommieGIR posted:

Hey guys, I just finished installing my intercooler......

....:catstare: What the hell happened in here.

Started the month talking about cats, looks like we'll end the month talking about pussies.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull

Enourmo posted:

:golfclap:

E: Also, one of my problems used a program called Dynacam, which seems amazing if the trial version wasn't so hamstrung. Thanks to that I learned that there is in fact another derivative of jerk, called "ping". At some point the abstraction from reality has to make these things border on useless, right?

Yup. Keith Duckworth (the "worth" in Cosworth) had a quote about cam design, which is really where the company started. I probably don't have this exactly right but "I reasoned that if I didn't know what jerk was, the engine probably didn't either"

Now, we know more and jerk may be important to avoid breaking through oil film on cam followers but good luck finding anyone to explain limits, and I've yet heard any explanation for what snap, crackle and pop (what I learned the further derivatives of jerk as) are good for other than smoothing the graph.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Yes sir, Mr. Ducksworth. Thank you very much, Mr. Ducksworth. Quack, quack, quack, Mr. Ducksworth!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Cage posted:

Yes sir, Mr. Ducksworth. Thank you very much, Mr. Ducksworth. Quack, quack, quack, Mr. Ducksworth!

Libel, Mr. Ducksworth, Libel.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Life is like a hurricane...

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Goober Peas posted:

Life is like a hurricane...
Welp that's in my head for the rest of today.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ahaha orlando got a new flag

the ring's not only included, it's featured!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
clearly thats kristen bells nipple while she was nursing

Cage fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jul 25, 2017

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Cage posted:

clearly thats kristin bells nipple while she was nursing

Lolling at a Cage post. Truly end times. :D

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Enourmo posted:

ahaha orlando got a new flag

the ring's not only included, it's featured!

Someone add goatman hands

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Someone add goatman hands

behold my lovely art abilities

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

You fools, that's clearly tubgirl in profile.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Looks like a government building up to its tit in seawater.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Pro-tip: If you're gonna break your ankle, make it the fibula. Bonus points for the left foot.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

scuz posted:

Pro-tip: If you're gonna break your ankle, make it the fibula. Bonus points for the left foot.

jesus christ ouch

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

scuz posted:

Christ, that's a nasty break. Will they have to use hardware to fix it?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Going in today to get a follow-up, but everyone who's seen that x-ray has said I'll need surgery. Never broken anything before or had any surgery like this so it's gonna be great. Vicodin is great, too. I'm gonna see if I can find footage of it happening, brb.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Enourmo posted:

behold my lovely art abilities

No ring, 4/10.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
How did you manage that?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Some other dude on roller skates kicked me into another dude and my ankle twisted such that part of it broke. Roller derby! :confuoot:

Footage is gone but it had been live-streamed to facebook live and now it's gone. Oh well.

edit: Here's a photo of when it happened. Red box is the ankle that broke, green box is yours truly yelling "stop stop stop it's broken" spoilered cuz it's a bit macabre.

scuz fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jul 25, 2017

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

scuz posted:

Some other dude on roller skates kicked me into another dude and my ankle twisted such that part of it broke. Roller derby! :confuoot:

Anything that has wheels, but no engine is bad for you.

(hope you recover from it without too much pain: ankles can be a real bugger)

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Liquid Communism posted:

Speaking purely as a child of the '80s, with actual good memories of that period, I'm OK with this.

InitialDave posted:

I dunno, the fact that 80s pop culture is awesome may help, even if it seems strange to me that some teenager forty years from now would be a fan of it.

It seems like fascination with a past era runs in cycles. Clothing styles from the '60s and '70s keep coming back, for example. Probably other eras as well - i don't pay too close attention to clothing. Pop culture seems to collect from everywhere, kind of like American culture, I guess.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

scuz posted:

Oh hey there broken ankle buddies. Actually not a huge problem but you will have added titanium for a while... or in my case for good. You can forget about running for a long while too.

Good news is that you wont be out for long after surgery and the cast will be light. I was under for a hour and got a half cast. Also you will most likely be able to start putting weight on it fairly quickly.

And I know exactly how much that hurt. I didnt sleep for a week

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 25, 2017

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

gently caress, I thought breaking my toe was bad.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I had the same reaction as the pink haired lady

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
noooo

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

scuz posted:

is that windows 98?

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

is that windows 98?
XP with the classic theme. Different font.

E: Could be Vista.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

KakerMix posted:

I started watching this at 20 seconds into this song:
http://music.streetritual.com/track/seal-the-deal

and it sync'd up REALLY well.

• Locked thread