Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shear Modulus posted:

Hopefully Rose can drag that bum LeBron to another finals like James Jones did for the past 7 years.

this is fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Intruder set your alarm
https://twitter.com/burt_steele/status/889158506816966656

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

If either Ariza or Gordon is involved I riot

chunkles please tell me everything will be ok :(

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

getting some extremely rockets barkley vibes from a houston melo

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Shouldn't the Mavs be signing Noel by now?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

R.D. Mangles posted:

which would make James Harden Hakeem, and Chris Paul Clyde.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

Don't be silly

Melo was never as good as Barkley

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Intruder posted:

Don't be silly

Melo was never as good as Barkley

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

cavs lose their best australian pg every offseason

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lmao at Melo not being better than a 5'7" power forward

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Intruder posted:

If either Ariza or Gordon is involved I riot

chunkles please tell me everything will be ok :(

I remember this Burt Steele dude, his last scoop was Cousins to the Rockets and it was so obviously fake that even Clutchfans mercilessly made fun of it for days

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

chunkles posted:

I remember this Burt Steele dude, his last scoop was Cousins to the Rockets and it was so obviously fake that even Clutchfans mercilessly made fun of it for days

I remember some dude named Assman broke some Chicago Cubs trade back in the day. Best day ever.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
That said, things probably won't be okay and we'll have to content ourselves with only Chris Paul and James Harden.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

chunkles posted:

Thanks chunkles

chunkles posted:

That said, things probably won't be okay and we'll have to content ourselves with only Chris Paul and James Harden.

NEVER MIND drat YOU CHUNKLES

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Dexo posted:

Lmao at Melo not being better than a 5'7" power forward

Come on, man.

Barkley was 4'11".

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

Seems like an unreported story there

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Femur posted:

You are dumb if you have BJ Amstrong as your agent.

He'll carry that mid 90s Warriors stink forever. You're welcome, BJ.

edit:

Kyrie Irving is good and could absolutely be the #1 guy on an overachieving team that wins like 47 games before it gets bounced in round 1 of the playoffs.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jul 25, 2017

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

TV Zombie posted:

I haven't looked at this much but I'm going to guess the answer is: restricted free agency loving sucks.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lebron def tanked that one Boston game to show kyrie that he's not good enough

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Ammanas posted:

That story that the blazers were offering 3 first for one year of Paul George should have got that entire front office fired for both the pacers and the blazers

It was prolly their 3 firsts from this year (15, 20 and 26), or two of those and a protected first. Nothing crazy.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

While Melo does have a giant rear end, he is bad at using it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TV Zombie posted:

From the few reports I remember reading it sounds like they're lowballing him (I don't think they even offered four years) so he's waiting for someone to offer him a better contract that forces them to match, but nobody else wants him at that price either.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

From the few reports I remember reading it sounds like they're lowballing him (I don't think they even offered four years) so he's waiting for someone to offer him a better contract that forces them to match, but nobody else wants him at that price either.

Yeah, he seems like the biggest victim of unrealistic contract expectations this offseason. I don't know you can say the Mavs are "lowballing" him when the market has not offered him the contract that his agent told him he could get. Whoever his agent is should probably be promptly fired after all this.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Have you seen any numbers reported ??

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Also I love that mavs are low balling Noel after all the happy horseshit they said about him (with the intent to freeze out rfa offers it seems in hindsight ).

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yc4rwuk2

Pretend Bender is Josh Jackson because the Trade Machine won't let me include him yet.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Pretend Bender is Josh Jackson because the Trade Machine won't let me include him yet.
I'd do that so fast if I was the Cavs. Hell, Bledsoe + Jackson would be nice but Zinger + Melo too?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Paperback Writer posted:

I'd do that so fast if I was the Cavs. Hell, Bledsoe + Jackson would be nice but Zinger + Melo too?

The core of a 10th seed !

Exciting

I guess Jackson could be something some day.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paul Zuvella posted:

Yeah, he seems like the biggest victim of unrealistic contract expectations this offseason. I don't know you can say the Mavs are "lowballing" him when the market has not offered him the contract that his agent told him he could get. Whoever his agent is should probably be promptly fired after all this.

Good point.

euphronius posted:

Also I love that mavs are low balling Noel after all the happy horseshit they said about him (with the intent to freeze out rfa offers it seems in hindsight ).

I don't remember, but I did find this tweet with a quick googlin'

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/888758896617299968

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

euphronius posted:

The core of a 10th seed !

Exciting

I guess Jackson could be something some day.

Bledsoe/JR/Josh Jackson/TT/Zingis with Korver, Frye, and Jeff Green off the bench is probably a playoff team in the East this year

tbh I don't know what I would do if I was Cleveland

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

euphronius posted:

Seems like an unreported story there

Nah, it's been reported several times. Just hasn't made much big news around ESPN and such.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bledsoe/JR/Josh Jackson/TT/Zingis with Korver, Frye, and Jeff Green off the bench is probably a playoff team in the East this year

Ok in the East THIS YEAR . Fair enough.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

euphronius posted:

Have you seen any numbers reported ??

I think I saw something similar to 14.5 per year for four years with a team option or partially guaranteed fourth year.

e: Spacebump might have some more accurate articles since I am trying to remember something I saw a couple times a month ago.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kibner posted:

I think I saw something similar to 14.5 per year for four years with a team option or partially guaranteed fourth year.

Yikes !! That is not starter money (from a players' pov)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

No its not. Unless Zingis gets waaaay better, or Josh Jackson is spectacular.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

well Bron isn't gone yet

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Am I crazy or does Rose not fit at all in Cleveland? He's ball dominant on offense and plays less than zero defense, which is like the exact opposite of what the Cavs need at his position. I mean, unless he's willing to play 10-15mpg off the bench whenever LeBron is resting, but I don't see him willing to do that, especially if Kyrie is traded and that starting spot opens up.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
What Cleveland should do is tell Kyrie to suck it up and play this year because a bench of Shumpert, Rose, Frye, and Jeff Green could be pretty good and he's a dumb baby.

edit: poo poo, I forgot about Korver. That's seriously not a bad bench at all.

They can always trade him next year if (when) LeBron walks.

quote:

I mean, unless he's willing to play 10-15mpg off the bench whenever LeBron is resting, but I don't see him willing to do that, especially if Kyrie is traded and that starting spot opens up.

If he wants to stay healthy that's exactly what he should do.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jul 25, 2017

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Nail Rat posted:

If he wants to stay healthy that's exactly what he should do.

He played 32.5mpg in 64 games last year, so I'm not sure he'd buy that argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I don't know why the Knicks or the Suns would do that

• Locked thread