Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I told my wife we would get one by Christmas. Today she drove me to Target without asking and now we have a Switch. So yeah same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jXu0HgeMIw&t=78s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmfao

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

they posted a poll on the new fake Miiverse if you think a Hotdog is a Sandwich

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

...Mods?

...Moms?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The secret path is so hosed Up

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Kirby is a hardcore game

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

tfw

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

when u nut but she still suckin!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Epic, the uh, main character from the first Gal Gun game is being added to Mighty Gunvolt Burst.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
New Layton came out today...... for iphones :twisted:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's a mainline game though and 100% identical to the 3DS version that's coming out in Japan in a month, except it's a $15 initial download for the main story with packs of bonus puzzles/character costumes available for purchase. If you buy everything available it ends up the same $40 price as the 3DS game. I don't know if it's confirmed the 3DS version will get an english release

edit: link

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
the 3DS version is coming out in English, it's just not day and date like the Japanese version

you play as Layton's daughter and it feels a little more like Ace Attorney in the sense that it's more chapter based/episodic but it's absolutely an authentic Layton game and not a spinoff like Layton Bros or whatever

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

who's the mom

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

oddium posted:

who's the mom

Professor Layton.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

congrats

e: actually i remember fiona. the pc should have just been fiona for this one

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

oddium posted:

congrats

e: actually i remember fiona. the pc should have just been fiona for this one

Katrielle is cool

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

somehow i never played the layton games, i should do that

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Zas posted:

somehow i never played the layton games, i should do that

I missed the last few ds ones and it sucks cause there's dlc weekly puzzles u can't unlock now cause the server's gone :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dq11 is out this week in JP. The long wait begins

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

have they announced an english version yet

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

the 3DS version is coming out in English, it's just not day and date like the Japanese version

you play as Layton's daughter and it feels a little more like Ace Attorney in the sense that it's more chapter based/episodic but it's absolutely an authentic Layton game and not a spinoff like Layton Bros or whatever

is it good?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

If you think the other Layton games are good then yeah definitely . I haven't finished you and can't tell you where it ranks but if I paid $40 for it on 3DS i would not be disappointed

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

How is the second Bravely Default game?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

goferchan posted:

New Layton came out today...... for iphones :twisted:

I'm going to be pissed off if it doesn't acknowledge that layton had a son and that there was a phoenix wright style detective game starring professor layton's son

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

yes but it's not great, there are way too many trick-question puzzles and the overall quality of the puzzles isn't as high as the other games

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

yeah actually they will posted:

I'm going to be pissed off if it doesn't acknowledge that layton had a son and that there was a phoenix wright style detective game starring professor layton's son

there's a very slight reference right at the beginning

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

yes but it's not great, there are way too many trick-question puzzles and the overall quality of the puzzles isn't as high as the other games

the old puzzle creator died :(

there's a very slight reference right at the beginning

good. i was pissed off when phoenix wright dual destinies didn't mention lamiroir once and when she made an appearance at the very end of spirit of justice i got full body asmr

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Fumaofthelake posted:

good. i havent played it yet though

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fumaofthelake posted:

its more of the same (not an insult) wth more jobs and slightly worse writing. i like it a fair bit. chaining battles is a really good feeling and a very smart addition to the formula

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The one thing that's kinda lame about the second one is that it's the exact same overworld map but all the new jobs are fun. I took a break between the two which I think was better, if I had played them back to back it may have burned me out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That new Pikmin game has a demo on the eshop and it seems like a fun puzzle platformer but I don't know if I want to spend 40 bucks on it

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

That new Pikmin game has a demo on the eshop and it seems like a fun puzzle platformer but I don't know if I want to spend 40 bucks on it

I'm playing it now, I like it better than the Chibi Robo platformer but it's very much in that same vein, ie it's a franchise game for kids who don't know or like the real games

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

The one thing that's kinda lame about the second one is that it's the exact same overworld map but all the new jobs are fun. I took a break between the two which I think was better, if I had played them back to back it may have burned me out

I think I'm gonna start it today. Did they fix black magic? It was so weak compared to phys attackers in the first game..

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I think I'm gonna start it today. Did they fix black magic? It was so weak compared to phys attackers in the first game..

Yeah, they replaced Black Mages with Wizards that have this thing called Spellcraft which is way more fun and powerful. You make recipes of spell effects and combine them to make different kinds of attacks (the more ingredients the more braves you need to use). And they have good passives to make any magic job stronger and it's one of the first jobs you get, so they knew they needed tweaking

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
black magic was secretly great even in bd1 tho, natty talent + phantom weapon = dmg cap t1 spells

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

It's cool the game lets you mix and match and pull stuff like that off, but why would I do that when I have like 20 other classes that hit just as hard with way more utility