Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Viva Miriya posted:

hey don't you gently caress kids? gently caress outta here chomo.

Which brings me to another Idea. Trannydad, gently caress your son with no lube to teach him womens struggle. Then beat him. That'll teach him. Or at the very least give him something to cry about.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Stickfigure posted:

Which brings me to another Idea. Trannydad, gently caress your son with no lube to teach him womens struggle. Then beat him. That'll teach him. Or at the very least give him something to cry about.

gently caress outta here with that bullshit.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Guys, please! Serious discussion only! This is still an internet forum!

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Viva Miriya posted:

hey don't you gently caress kids? gently caress outta here chomo.

Viva Miriya posted:

gently caress outta here with that bullshit.

Viva Miriya posted:

Anyone who actually said that is a retard but its been a long posting day. Gonna need you to quote some posts retarded GBS poster.

Viva Miriya posted:

Nah, goons are disgusting enough pieces of poo poo for that to definitely be real.

Viva Miriya posted:

did you automatically win playing gay chicken

Nice shitposting wave.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Doctor Malaver posted:

Nice shitposting wave.

quote me baby

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Viva Miriya posted:

quote me baby

You're mad. Did your dad ask you to mow the lawn or something?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Is anyone honestly arguing that asking a child to mow the lawn is some opressive totalitarian regime?

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

TTerrible posted:

Is anyone honestly arguing that asking a child to mow the lawn is some opressive totalitarian regime?

child labor isn't cool

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
Transdad did you ask your son WHY he cried?

Communication is very good in this situation

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

shut up blegum posted:

You're mad. Did your dad ask you to mow the lawn or something?

pity reply

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Streak posted:

child labor isn't cool

He's not running a sweatshop here, he's asking his kid to contribute to the family in the form of chores. You know, the thing that pretty much every single child has had to do since they were old enough to understand what a chore is. It's part of raising a responsible adult. Just look at the kids that go to college without having ever done the dishes or the laundry or whatever. It's actively harmful to their development as a person to not make them do things like that.

Plus what kid wouldn't take 60 bucks for what most likely isn't more than an hour's work? That's an insanely good rate for mowing a standard lawn. You could probably get it done professionally for that much (or less).

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

We Know Catheters posted:

Children aren't slaves

Counterpoint. Parents aren't slaves.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Plus what kid wouldn't take 60 bucks for what most likely isn't more than an hour's work? That's an insanely good rate for mowing a standard lawn. You could probably get it done professionally for that much (or less).
This. I'm a grown man but I'll mow your lawn for $60 if you've got the mower ready. gently caress I'll do it in a dress if you got my size. The usual American yard can be mowed in half an hour without breaking a sweat. If a kid cannot see the value of a $120/hr piss easy job, then you failed as a parent.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Get your kid to do chores sure, that's part of growing up. Just don't be a shitlord idiot about it and get pissy when they don't want to do it sometimes (also part of growing up but for the parent).

If you want chores done a certain way just do them yourself?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Fried Watermelon posted:

Get your kid to do chores sure, that's part of growing up. Just don't be a shitlord idiot about it and get pissy when they don't want to do it sometimes (also part of growing up but for the parent).

If you want chores done a certain way just do them yourself?

If you let them find out that "I don't want to" gets you out of doing it they'll never "want" to. The whole point was that sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do. I mean, exceptions can be made if they are incredibly busy with school work or upset about something but if you find them just playing video games or shitposting online then they have no excuse to not do it.

That said, if your child throws a crying tantrum at that age at being offered 60 dollars for easy work, you probably hosed up as a parent some time along the way so it's more on you than your kid.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

He's not running a sweatshop here, he's asking his kid to contribute to the family in the form of chores. You know, the thing that pretty much every single child has had to do since they were old enough to understand what a chore is. It's part of raising a responsible adult. Just look at the kids that go to college without having ever done the dishes or the laundry or whatever. It's actively harmful to their development as a person to not make them do things like that.

i'll repeat myself just so we're clear. i am AGAINST child labor.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Streak posted:

I am clear that you think mowing a lawn for sixty bucks is child labor.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Enough rear end kickings at school should fix trans kid's problems. It's how we managed to get the smelly kid to take a shower at gym, after all. I believe it was the Gandhi who said, "First you ignore them, then you laugh at them, then you fight them, then you win."

Wise words that are even truer today.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

sneakyfrog posted:

I am clear that you think mowing a lawn for sixty bucks is child labor.

can't help but notice you're being quite vague about your own opinion regarding child labor!!!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Can't wait until the goons who compare mowing the lawn once in a while to child labor to get kids of their own.

:ssh:I can't wait because it'll probably never happen and they'll die alone and unloved

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Streak posted:

can't help but notice you're being quite vague about your own opinion regarding child labor!!!

My opinions directly conflict with yours, apparently. But then i work with a bunch of folks who never had to work for anything, or really do anything hard or god-forbid a dash of manual labor, and my, its an absolute pleasure to work with those kids who are legally adults.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hope you don't wear any clothes or use any electronics if you're against child labor.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
stop replying to my posts lmao i'm just fuckin with y'all

child labor is extremely good

^^^ this guy gets it

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Streak posted:

child labor isn't cool

Builds character

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Streak posted:

stop replying to my posts lmao i'm just fuckin with y'all

oh. drat does that mean we got owned? :aaaaa:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

sneakyfrog posted:

Much like a college football game in the 1960's, you just got STREAKED.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

sneakyfrog posted:

no. i don't believe in owning people, unlike some posters in this thread, probably

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Streak posted:

Slaving away on nintendo for 8+hours a day is child labor. Definitely against that. Kids shouldn't have to suffer.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Post a new fesh

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Post a new fesh

:yeah:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
If you pay them it's not child labor imo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Post a new fesh

My wife's car broke down this morning, and she doesn't have AAA, but I do, so I had to go to her car and call AAA from there and act like I was the one driving when it broke down

This is especially funny because my car's still in the shop from getting rear-ended last week so until hers gets fixed (which should only be a day or two luckily) my rental is our only car

But anyway I'm at work now so here's some feshes

quote:

I'm not that other therapy goon, but I am in love with my therapist. I have been seeing her for several years now for my alcoholism and anger issues and I quickly started to develop feelings for her. I never brought them up to her but I quickly got obsessed. I thought the feelings were mutual so imagine my surprise and devastation when I followed her home one night and saw through the window that she was married with kids. I started drinking heavily again after 2 years of sobriety and could think of nothing but getting rid of the husband and having her for myself.

Obviously I can't tell her this since she'd just stop letting me see her and probably call the police, but the thought has become overwhelming. I dream about it, I think about it when I masturbate, it won't go away. So who do you turn to when you can't tell your therapist what's bothering you? I could find another one, but it took a long time for me to open up to this one and I feel like I don't have that kind of time.

Well my first piece of advice is that step #1 upon realizing you're in love with someone is not "follow her home and peek in her windows"

but beyond that, yeah dude I'm sorry but you're gonna have to get a new therapist. Try a guy this time.

quote:

So like a month ago I realized I have no life.

Had this job, pay was below average but better than a lot of things around here, no upwards mobility. Job itself sucked. No real sense of doing anything but treading water. But at the same time I had a lot of freedom to do what I wanted. No major responsibilities.

I happened to incedentally find a slack channel that was named something like [My Name] Memorial Thread. And it was almost two years of just non-stop poo poo talking about me. Everyone except the top levels was in it. One person refrained from getting in on it. Everyone else who worked there chatted almost every day about me.

The first things mentioned was along the lines of "Oh, wow, it's so much more convienient to have a channel instead of all these multiple direct messages like we've been doing." I'm not gonna post anything specific, but it wasn't a real good feeling seeing that stuff. I remember at one point not even reading it, just scrolling my mousewheel over and over and over again.

So obviously all these people saw me in a much different light than what I thought they did. & the worst part was feeling so stupid, like how could I not know what the real deal was? How'd I loving miss it? How disgustingly naive. I'm not a good person, I don't consider myself to be good. I'm a fuckin loser in a pretty bad way, to be honest. At least none of the commentary was hygiene or other goony stereotype related.

But you know, I like to try and give people a baseline amount of dignity. & it was striking, to me, how much of this stuff was made up. As in, events happened as described, but they attributed a completley alternate and assinine motivation to me. That was the second worst part.

Those two things were much worse than the actual insults, is how I feel about it.

I mean two years? Two years? Some of these people were ones I've known for a decade. All this time I'd hit a bar with them every other week or so. Like gently caress you dude, you're my "friend" and can't say something to my face? If I'm that bad and such a burden to be around loving say something! Very soon after I saw this one of those guys said something similar to me, talking about his boss was pissed from some poo poo he had been doing for a while and he said "I don't know if there's a problem if you don't say something."

This isn't the kind of business where there's a usable HR, and it was essentially every person there, so I put in my two weeks. Boss told me skip the two weeks if I want, let him know if I wanted to come back. So I thanked him, took my poo poo, and left.

Got a text from my ol' "bro" when he found out about how I quit and he was very interested in finding out why I quit. I just told him I didn't want to. But I never said the real reason. I even went back to the bar, he asked in person, and lied my rear end off about it. I think he bought what I told him, though. Maybe I'm being self-deluded, I don't know. If they wanna make up their own fake reality about me they can wallow in it. Go live in lies.

Anyway all my friends from not-work are part of the same set with this dude, some I've known for years, some newer. But I can't stop thinking I'm like a fake person, just a goddamn loser. A joke. I think I'm the same to these people as I was at work.

I do poo poo like look at facebook and it's just all these constelations of people living their lives, but the whole thing is as abstract as watching planets go across the sky. It has no effect on me, it's nothing. It's scenery. I have no impact on them either.

And you know, I think my family is similar. Not the mockery thing, but the made up motivations thing. I belive now that there's basically nobody I know that knows me. It's like I'm someone else to these people. It's a weird feeling. Like I've been living my life wrong, or I'm a ghost or something.

Well gently caress them. I'm in a poo poo-but-ok-for now situation fininacially. Housing situation isn't fatal but it's bad. I shouldn't have quit without lining something else up, but I couldn't stand it. I did a whole lotta getting hosed up by myself at first. I'm tapering it off, and I'm gonna try to turn this fuckin thing around. So far behind though. Just gotta start moving and never stop.

Yeah I don't think you were being a perfectly rational actor here but I don't really blame you for reacting the way you did. It was a toxic environment and you couldn't just stick around after finding that out. I'd recommend taking some time to really "work" on yourself. Find a hobby or something, see thread title, etc.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You absolutely need to tell your therapist that you think you're in love with her. It happens a lot and they know how to handle it and help you work through those feelings. Maybe don't mention the stalking her home, but she can help to show you that the only reason you're feeling like that is because of transference and not because of any real attraction on your part. You probably see her as some sort of salvation, when all she is a regular woman. Tell her. She's helped you through all your other stuff, she'll help you through that as well.

DON'T TRY TO gently caress HER!

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

loquacius posted:

So like a month ago I realized I have no life.

This was just straight painful to read :smith:

gently caress all those people. Stop going out with them, stop being friends with them, just cut ties immediately and permanently.

Then, like loquacius said, take some time to do some personal development. Sounds like you've got the hygiene/personal appearance down (thank god) so maybe it's time to go out and find what piques your interest? Having the motivation and tenacity that comes with being truly engaged in what you're doing can and will make all the difference. "Treading water" and "no real responsibilities" sounds like you weren't engaged. That's not necessarily your fault, so don't beat yourself up. The important thing is that now you've got a chance to go out and find something that will grab you and get your motor running instead of sitting on your hands while people you trust shittalk you behind your back. Your future is your own, but you have to reach out and take it, because nobody's gonna just hand it to you.

loquacius posted:

My wife's car broke down this morning, and she doesn't have AAA, but I do, so I had to go to her car and call AAA from there and act like I was the one driving when it broke down

You should really use guerrillamail when confessing about committing fraud itt

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

You absolutely need to tell your therapist that you think you're in love with her. It happens a lot and they know how to handle it and help you work through those feelings. Maybe don't mention the stalking her home, but she can help to show you that the only reason you're feeling like that is because of transference and not because of any real attraction on your part. You probably see her as some sort of salvation, when all she is a regular woman. Tell her. She's helped you through all your other stuff, she'll help you through that as well.

DON'T TRY TO gently caress HER!

Not sure that last part had enough emphasis.

Solice Kirsk posted:

:siren::siren::siren: DON'T TRY TO gently caress HER!!! :siren::siren::siren:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

loquacius posted:

Yeah I don't think you were being a perfectly rational actor here but I don't really blame you for reacting the way you did. It was a toxic environment and you couldn't just stick around after finding that out. I'd recommend taking some time to really "work" on yourself. Find a hobby or something, see thread title, etc.

drat this is one of my worst fears when I'm super baked. Thinking all my coworkers think I'm an idiot and trash mouthing me when I'm not there.

Good thing you left, why would anyone want to work with someone who trashes someone for years? What kind of lovely person trashes someone for years and doesn't have the self insight to realize maybe that's a lovely thing to do. Just thinking about my friends trashing someone for two years makes me question even talking with them again.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I have bad news for everyone who isn't in the trashing whatsapp group/irc/slack channel...

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i prefer to take it as good news for non chickenshit bitch people. :colbert:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Fried Watermelon posted:

drat this is one of my worst fears when I'm super baked. Thinking all my coworkers think I'm an idiot and trash mouthing me when I'm not there.

Same even when sober

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

You should really use guerrillamail when confessing about committing fraud itt

By all accounts they only really care that the cardholder is with the car when the guy shows up, and I was :v:

He didn't even tow us in the end, the problem was that the car was stuck in park (due to something weird with the fuse panel???) and it shifted just fine when we used the manual override. Still no brake lights or turn signals or horn, though, due to that fuse issue, so she just drove it straight to a service station and I drove her to work.

in closing: no fraud no fraud you're the fraud