Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Leave my wife, guild ball, out of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

You're right, I'll use Warhammer from now on

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
gently caress apparently there's a new Cephalyx caster coming 'at some point' according to peeps at LnL? This is cool and good, but drat I wish we'd get a new monstrocity.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

!Klams posted:

gently caress apparently there's a new Cephalyx caster coming 'at some point' according to peeps at LnL? This is cool and good, but drat I wish we'd get a new monstrocity.

Rumors of a new theme too for possible pistol wraith and bloat thrall inclusion.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
https://conflictchamber.com/#c7201b_-0G079DiUiX6Gj20li-j5j8bKj3

Trollbloods Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Storm of the North (CID)

!!! Your army contains CID entries.
!!! You are using a pre-release theme.

(Borka 1) Borka Kegslayer [+28]
- Dire Troll Mauler [15]
- Rok [19]
- Troll Basher [7]
Fell Caller Hero [0(5)]
Valka Curseborn, Chieftain of the North [0(6)]
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes (max) [9]
- Northkin Elder [4]
Northkin Raiders (max) [15]
Trollkin Champions (max) [16]
- Skaldi Bonehammer [0(5)]
Hearthgut Hooch Hauler [18]

Arcane Warde Raiders camping in terrain being dicks while beasts and champs get into positions, hootch hauler keeps everyone stumbling drunk? :hellyeah: :getin:

Realtalk though, I put this together for CID testing and actually really like how it plays. I'm super happy with everything they're doing with Trolls CID right now.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

lokipunk posted:

Rumors of a new theme too for possible pistol wraith and bloat thrall inclusion.

Yeah. Personally I think this is hugely poo poo, for a couple of reasons. When Mobius came out I was super excited and was gonna buy him and a couple of bloat thralls, but he sold out at Smog Con and then I didn't get round to buying him before all that stuff was made illegal, so I totally dodged a bullet, but someone could EASILY have bought into Cephalyx and picked up bloat thralls, and had wraiths from the all in one, and were really gutted at the invalid purchase. Bringing them back is like an even bigger gently caress you to anyone that subsequently sold them off? But, ok, fine, "INVALIDATED PURCHASES!" doesn't garner much sympathy (I feel like its different in this case because its literally 'buy this!' 'You can't use it!', but whatevs) but what's worse to me is that this suggests that they'll not be creating any Cephalyx models to fill those roles. You can't take Cephalyx as Mercs in other factions really, it's not like they'd have to worry about balance in other factions like other new Merc releases do, so why would they do this feelbad backfill with existing models? The only reason I can see is that they kind of can't be bothered with Cephalyx anymore, so its a way of 'throwing us a bone' without any effort.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
I was at B.A.CON in germany, awesome Warmachine/Hordes event (with Guildball on the side)! Cons aren’t really a thing over here, so with 40 attendants it was relatively small, but great nonetheless. Here’s hoping for more like it.

Most notable event for me was the Spelldraft. It’s always good for laughs, but this time I really had an amazing combo.

My list was:
Stormdivision
Haley3
- Squire
- Thorn
-2x Firefly
Storm Strider
Max Lances
Laddermore

Pre-draft, I was brainstorming lists with my buddy and complained that my list had no armor cracking at all. He said “Just grab Fury or something”. Foreshadowing!

The first card I got was Fury. Yay, POW18 Lances can do work. Next cardstack came along… hm, Signs & Portents! Cost 4, that goes on grandma Haley who will never do anything else. Next card stack…

BATTLE LUST. I had to let Snipe go through to the Caine3 player for this, but gently caress it.

I also drew Arcane Bolt and Crevasse for Baby Haley, and as the kicker, loving Banishing Ward in a format where everyone wants to murderize you with spells. I also drew 3 spells I didn’t cast once (Mosh Pit and some other crap).

Round 1, vs Vayl2. He had his entire List built around slinging awesome offensive spells at my caster. I cast Banishing Ward. Sorry, guy!

T2 I charged in my Fury’d, Battle-Lusted, Signs & Portended Stormlances. One got to an Angelius in the backfield. It left him only two boxes with his charge attack. I also did like 15 Damage each on two Bloodseers who had Spiny Growth and roots of the earth, so Arm 23. gently caress yeah. Eleaps take out the Angelius to add insult to injury and break his spirit completely. He moves Vayl into a zone not 10” from Thorn (effectively screaming END THIS ALREADY), feats and slings some spells around and kill. two lances, then promptly gets murdered by a couple Arcane Bolts through Thorn from baby haley and haley prime in feat.

Round 2, vs. Karchev jackheavy. I dreaded something like this. I can’t really remember much of his spells, except 5” around him difficult terrain.

We position, T2 he shoots a Stormlance with Behemoth (on Forgeseer) because I didn’t measure the distance correctly. Crap! Down to 4 armor crackers against 6 Heavies plus Karchev!

I Feat and kill the Forgeseer with Behemoth through Thorn with Arcane Bolts from Baby Haley. Two souped-up Stormlances charge into two Heavies and take out half their boxes. Stormstrider under S&P is another thing that should not exist and puts 12 Damage into Karchev, zapping 2 mechanics and the dog.

He murders the lances, then gets cocky with Karchev and moves him INTO a small LOS-blocking forest to shoot at baby (and miss). Why he did this after seeing what my Lances can do, I’ll never know. I charge him with 2 Lances and only have to roll one. loving amazeballs. They are POW18 with 5 dice drop lowest charges. In theory that means around POW 34 charges, but with S&P the spikes felt even higher.

Round 3, vs Severius1. Oh crap. I have no magic weapons. He has two reckoners with oracular vision. He has the old Ashes to Ashes that leaps D6 times. This is gonna be bad.

He and I also have a mini-beef; he’s an admittedly much better player than me (plays in the WTC team), but god knows why, I have a positive Win/Loss against him, which grinds his gears. He really wants this win. Meanwhile I, used to the bottom third of tournament ladders, am at 2-0 and have a shot at winning my first event ever (even if it’s just a stupid spelldraft), so I also really want this win. The stakes are high!

He starts and gets into position. I put banishing ward on the lances instead of Haley and use them as LOS-blockers. He kills 2 and wounds 3, feats and kills grandma Haley. One of the lances is behind a cloud, and he bunkers Sevy completely, in an inpenetrable bubble of models that can’t be shot (so no lightning arcs on Sevy) and ignore one of my awesome charges. I’m ready to shake hands at this point. For fun, I move a firefly up and shoot at a mechanic camping at a flag, but miss. Wait a second… I read Crevasse again. I put a spray template on the mechanic. gently caress yeah. I read Crevasse once more and find that it doesn’t specify enemy models. gently caress YEAH.

I move Thorn up to the mechanic and a Stormlance up in front of his bubble of jacks. I arc Crevasse at the mechanic, it works, then hits Sevvy and does like 12 points of damage due to the additional die on damage rolls from baby Haley. Haley Prime casts it at her own lance and kills it, then sprays at Sevvy and easily does the last two points. Victory!

That last win was hard-fought for and against a very capable WTC player. My buddy also went undefeated with a Hexy1 build with Eye of Menoth, reivers and a Derpturtle. He won the event on CP, while I came second. I never do well in Tournaments, so even though this was just a silly fun event, I felt awesome! I will miss my Battle-Lust, Fury, Signs & Portents Stormlances though – maybe Stryker3 can scratch that itch.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

!Klams posted:

Yeah. Personally I think this is hugely poo poo, for a couple of reasons. When Mobius came out I was super excited and was gonna buy him and a couple of bloat thralls, but he sold out at Smog Con and then I didn't get round to buying him before all that stuff was made illegal, so I totally dodged a bullet, but someone could EASILY have bought into Cephalyx and picked up bloat thralls, and had wraiths from the all in one, and were really gutted at the invalid purchase. Bringing them back is like an even bigger gently caress you to anyone that subsequently sold them off? But, ok, fine, "INVALIDATED PURCHASES!" doesn't garner much sympathy (I feel like its different in this case because its literally 'buy this!' 'You can't use it!', but whatevs) but what's worse to me is that this suggests that they'll not be creating any Cephalyx models to fill those roles. You can't take Cephalyx as Mercs in other factions really, it's not like they'd have to worry about balance in other factions like other new Merc releases do, so why would they do this feelbad backfill with existing models? The only reason I can see is that they kind of can't be bothered with Cephalyx anymore, so its a way of 'throwing us a bone' without any effort.

If it makes you feel better they don't get fielded in their home faction either. I've tried them in multiple casters and the package is so expensive for what they do. They apply denny2 feat, they can try to abuse black spot, they hate infantry. /shrug

Edit: bloats. Pistol wraiths are excellent.

lokipunk fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jul 24, 2017

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

lokipunk posted:

If it makes you feel better they don't get fielded in their home faction either. I've tried them in multiple casters and the package is so expensive for what they do. They apply denny2 feat, they can try to abuse black spot, they hate infantry. /shrug

Edit: bloats. Pistol wraiths are excellent.

But imagine bloat thrall with Thexus's feat!

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
Hoooooly gently caress everyone get to the CiD forums. New Mulg is insane.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah he's crazy right now. It's worth pointing out they said they expect him to be toned down. But he has an arc node animus and is included in PoD. :allears:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm hoping someone will end up posting him here. All of these troll changes make me feel good about the direction things are going. I was really worried about my faction of choice for a bit there.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

He's pretty sweet

Also from what I heard, his arcane vortex has been clarified that you do, in fact remove a fury point from Mulg to use it. Which is neat! Cause it means you can overload him on fury and gamble that your opponent will let you use Arcane Vortex as a form of management, and your opponent has the option of not letting you use it and forcing a threshold check from something. Or if you do put a normally manageable amount of fury on all your stuff, if you Arcane Vortex then you have to cut for Fury next turn or run short. It's very cool

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Holy poo poo he is terrifying. Like the anti-Deathjack.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

People in my area saying the animus is animeh. They are wrong.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Ha ha holy poo poo its the Mulg we want and deserve.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

S.J. posted:

People in my area saying the animus is animeh. They are wrong.

Trolls have wanted an arc node forever and now they have one.

They have a plethora of offensive spells that they can now cast without putting their caster at risk and this is bad somehow?

Like, who the gently caress thinks like that?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Trolls have wanted an arc node forever and now they have one.

They have a plethora of offensive spells that they can now cast without putting their caster at risk and this is bad somehow?

Like, who the gently caress thinks like that?

'It causes order of activation issues and he's 22 points'

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Can't channel while in melee, which where you want mulg.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Can't channel while in melee, which where you want mulg.

There are a number of ways around that, the simplest of which is 'the mauler puts rage on mulg.' There also exist turns in the game before and after melee happens.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I wasn't aware there were turns in the game.

Anyway, he's still an expensive piece to have flapping in the wind to channel the spell. It would be different for him but the way I see channelers used they're pretty disposable

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

They should have put that animus on the new beater dude imo.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I wasn't aware there were turns in the game.

Anyway, he's still an expensive piece to have flapping in the wind to channel the spell. It would be different for him but the way I see channelers used they're pretty disposable

Sure, if you're silly enough to just leave him to the wind without a gameplan, yeah. Most arc nodes are used as disposable pieces because they're part of a faction that has the kinds of guns/spells to take advantage of that, or it's part of their faction identity like Cryx.

fadam posted:

They should have put that animus on the new beater dude imo.

There's no way to justify that lmao

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Yeah it would be silly. I don't expect anyone to do it. But his price and offensive capabilities limit the windows for channeling is my point.
Like the blindwalker is a cheap shield guard.

Obviously it's super powerful as an option I'm just not sure how much it'd actually end up being used.
We haven't had a trolls player for a year what the hell to I know

S.J.
May 19, 2008

No I mean that's kind of, like Khador, part of their faction identity. So I think straying too far away from them not having arc nodes would be a bad move, or even giving them one that had almost no restrictions on it. I think Mulg is powerful enough regardless of the animus so having one that's limited sticks to the faction mechanics and that plus Arcane Vortex also tie into Mulg's specific fluff really well. Plus, with some casters it can be brutal: letting the Grim's or Calandra arc through him could be disgusting. Animus + Trample is two Fury for Vortex and a 17" threat on Befuddle or whatever.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Yeah I think it's a good idea to put it on a beast that can't leverage it the best. Even if that ended up with mulg being even more of a monster

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Yeah I think it's a good idea to put it on a beast that can't leverage it the best. Even if that ended up with mulg being even more of a monster

So Mulg has to be able to go into his target, kill it, and have the extra fury on him to cast his animus. Or just crit it out of combat. Seems like something that's doable, especially with Rage.

The addition of generalized arc nodes to hordes factions is really changing how people are looking at these armies. Between this and the Blind Walker going to Skorne, I think the only people with a problem are the non-Hexy/Rasheth Skorne casters not in Disciples (good, because Zaal2 spell assassination doesn't need to get better and very little else is helped by it currently) and Pigs who honestly need some way to arc.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I'll be surprised if they let Helga arc distraction.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I'll be surprised if they let Helga arc distraction.

I'd argue that Rebuke is even worse, and upkeepable. I spent games where my 20 point cavalry unit could do basically nothing, and there was nothing I could do to stop it. Most arcnodes die after they get out their round of spells, but once your Stormlances have Rebuke, they csn't get rid of it. Distraction has to be reapplied.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Ah, I don't really know that spell. I've been on and off so much since mark 3 I've been bad at keeping up with half the factions. Well if pigs did get it, it would probably be a doctor arkadias character beast. Minions are overdue for character beasts. Mercs have one and a half.

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

Luebbi posted:

I'd argue that Rebuke is even worse, and upkeepable. I spent games where my 20 point cavalry unit could do basically nothing, and there was nothing I could do to stop it. Most arcnodes die after they get out their round of spells, but once your Stormlances have Rebuke, they csn't get rid of it. Distraction has to be reapplied.

Distraction is stronger because it isn't an upkeep, so you can target multiple units and not have it removed by upkeep removal.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Mulg will never be engaged in melee because he is always going to instantly flatten anything he touches.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Arcane vortex on him is completely unfair, though, and that's the one thing I expect to see change dramatically.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Ah, I don't really know that spell. I've been on and off so much since mark 3 I've been bad at keeping up with half the factions. Well if pigs did get it, it would probably be a doctor arkadias character beast. Minions are overdue for character beasts. Mercs have one and a half.

Epic Targ: Doc Ark straps a backpack onto him full of science gizmos, magic doodads, and some Legion dragonspawn flesh for spice.

Alternatively: salvage a warjack arc node, weld it onto a road hog, upgrade to a V-8, and shoot it full of LSD

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Epic targ would be interesting.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Would love a tie-dye pig theme

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

Gorefiend posted:

Distraction is stronger because it isn't an upkeep, so you can target multiple units and not have it removed by upkeep removal.

I guess both have their upsides and downsides. But we can agree that effects that mess up your units instead of boosting your opponent's stuff always feel worse. I played into an Ossrum list with double Siegecrawlers this weekend and my Hurricane got crit staggered before he could fire a single shot, sucked big time.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Luebbi posted:

I guess both have their upsides and downsides. But we can agree that effects that mess up your units instead of boosting your opponent's stuff always feel worse. I played into an Ossrum list with double Siegecrawlers this weekend and my Hurricane got crit staggered before he could fire a single shot, sucked big time.

Can confirm. Staggering a gargossal and the look on your opponents face keeps me in this game.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
I just love the fact double siege crawlers are something people will take and they do that to gargossals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Can confirm. Staggering a gargossal and the look on your opponents face keeps me in this game.

I had a game recently where I managed to stagger my opponents stormwall for 4 turns in a row. He was not happy with me.