Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
alright, i'll take nikita zaitsev

he costs a little more than i'd like and its a bit longer than i'd like but i can overpay a little bit considering my situation

i love picking basically last!! its great!! love to see everyone get taken immediately before me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Iodized QQ is up until 10:12 AM EST, with Stabby McStabberson and Team poo poo up next to finish Round 7.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

corn on the cop posted:

eXXon selects nice boy Patric Hornqvist.

Verviticus up.

He fell so far I'd hoped he'd keep going. Ah well.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Bottom half of this draft is a buncha dinks qtiyd

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Bottom half of this draft is a buncha dinks qtiyd

Lol im waiting to drop two horrible picks for some hot and heavy discusdion about the 20 year olds im gonna draft

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

stab posted:

Lol im waiting to drop two horrible picks for some hot and heavy discusdion about the 20 year olds im gonna draft

I didn't know Alexei Emelin was 20.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Kilza posted:

I didn't know Alexei Emelin was 20.

Oh i know he'll drop. Im not done bergevining the habs to a 1st round exit

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

It is interesting to note that certain defensemen traded for prominent wingers in the last two offseasons are still available.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
disgraceful rear end bottom drafters

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Sorry I'm late everyone. Okay, I'm not really sorry. And if you don't want to be sorry, you better watch your loving nuts because I'm taking Milan Lucic.

I hate Lucic. gently caress this motherfucker. Just look at this poo poo.

But he's probably good for 20 goals and 50 points playing with Connor McDavid, so watch those testes.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Lucic doesn't play with McDavid. They tried that a bunch but it really, really doesn't work. Unsurprisingly, the slowest dude in the league doesn't pair well with the fastest.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Stabby is up, then Team Autopick goes to work.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

corn on the cop posted:

Stabby is up, then Team Autopick goes to work.

I am? Doesnt iodized still have to go and he has until noon no? Like my picks are ready but dont want to be a dick and jump him

Unless he steals my pick then ill jump him

Edit: nvm read the thread

So exxon you get to live another day.

Im all about saying gently caress you salary cap

And unlike last year, im trying to build a less poo poo defence.

So gently caress it

First pick is a guy worth taylor hall

Adam Larsson

The second im surprised he wasnt taken yet since a bunch of 3 4 ds are being taken.

Sure he may be old

Sure he may be expensive

But hes still a solid 2-3d.

Brent Seabrook

stab fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jul 25, 2017

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

stab posted:

I am? Doesnt iodized still have to go and he has until noon no? Like my picks are ready but dont want to be a dick and jump him

Unless he steals my pick then ill jump him

His formal two hour window was like an hour and 45 minutes last night, plus all of that 10PM-10AM window, then another 15 minutes this morning, so it's your turn.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Why do we need another 2 hours after 10 AM when there's already a 12 hour break? Send lists if you're in PST.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

eXXon posted:

Why do we need another 2 hours after 10 AM when there's already a 12 hour break? Send lists if you're in PST.

i edited in my picks. you get to live.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Team Autopick/Arabian Jesus is granted the next-highest point getting center.

Come on down, Ryan Kesler.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

Lucic doesn't play with McDavid. They tried that a bunch but it really, really doesn't work. Unsurprisingly, the slowest dude in the league doesn't pair well with the fastest.

Yet somehow it worked with Maroon

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Iodised QQ has yet to make his selection from last round, therefore Verviticus is on the clock until 12:30 PM EST.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Yet somehow it worked with Maroon

I was gonna add that but he hasn't been taken, so I opted not to mention him.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

ThinkTank posted:

Knowing TMac, Lucic is only two periods of McDavid's line struggling away from being shuffled back onto it.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

If I interrupted someone's master plan of taking him, I apologize.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

ThinkTank posted:

Yeah lets stop with the hints and name dropping please

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

eXXon posted:

i dunno maybe it shouldnt end at loving 7pm pst then we wouldnt have to wait so long

im not sending in poo poo. i'm ok with being skipped if i miss my window

gonna go with jonathan marchessault, formerly of the panthers. sure was nice of them to give him to vegas!

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jul 25, 2017

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I hope no one takes that really good Canucks player that's available.

(Y'all get it?)

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

stab posted:

Yeah lets stop with the hints and name dropping please

Just picks, guys.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Habibi posted:

Knowing TMac, Lucic is only two periods of McDavid's line struggling away from being shuffled back onto it.

This actually has never stuck. Because somebody name dropped Maroon, I'll just use him. Once they stopped forcing Lucic and McDavid to be together, they've remained apart for basically the rest of the season (aside from being together on the first PP unit). Whenever the Maroon-McDavid-Draisaitl line struggled, there's been the line shuffling and sometimes Lucic and McDavid would end up together (usually with Eberle which also didn't work), but that'd only last for the rest of the game then they'd go back to the original first line.

As for why McDavid works with Maroon and not Lucic, I'll just call it the Sidney Crosby conundrum. Also because of course McDavid wouldn't work with the one guy Chiarelli signed specifically to play with him and gave him $6 mil over 7 years and traded Hall away because he was getting him hahahahaha kill me now

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

He's a dirty shithead and kind of trending downwards but on the other hand he scored 40 with Malkin not that long ago so come on down, James Neal. Plus, it lets Hornqvist slide down to the 2nd line and marks the first year Neal has been picked after Hornqvist, I think.

Huberdeau-Malkin-Neal
Burakovsky-Duchene-Hornqvist

OEL-Carlson

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
exxon's team is good. maybe the best one so far.

edit: I like T-Bone's team and Teemu Pokemon's too. thats probably my top 3.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I appreciate teemu's strategy of "never let the puck leave the offensive zone"

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

T-Bone actually managed to pass me in total cap hit. Need to stop drafting kids and go back to over the hill Sather picks.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Yeah exxon's team is v good

corn on the cop posted:

I appreciate teemu's strategy of "never let the puck leave the offensive zone"

:yeah:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Exxon had the luxury of "why are you idiots not picking Malkin"

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

corn on the cop posted:

Exxon had the luxury of "why are you idiots not picking Malkin"

Not an NHL Top 100 player, not good enough for my team. :colbert:

e: So who's up now? Habibi? Okay, sure. They have until 2:50 PM EST.

laserwolf, Nono and JoelloeJ up next.

Kilza fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 25, 2017

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Anywho, Habibi has until 2:50 PM EST, followed by the Wolfman and Yaya.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Aside from my own, I like T-Bone, exxon, and Svjek's teams.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Uhhhh I haven't had time to keep a list updated the past few days so I'll try and see if I can go over the salary cap and take Johnny Boychuk and David Perron

Marchand - Getzlaf - Oshie
Perron - Kadri - Eberle

Leddy - Boychuk

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
It's weird not drafting precious young boys but I imagine I'll have to start doing that soon.

I think I took Schneider too early and shoulda taken Manson or Carlson over one of my Swedes.

e: I like a lot of the same teams everyone is mentioning and also I think stab's team is very good outside of the Seabrook pick.

thufir and laderhan have good interesting teams too, and Ginette potentially might be better than Real Canadiens. Honestly there aren't a lot of teams that don't look pretty good for either right now or for the future I think the draft has gone well if a bit younger than usual.

I like Good Soldier's team. I think Kopitar rebounds and Tavares/Kopitar + that surrounding core will be really nice. Rantanen and Landeskog I *think* would progress well in that situation but maybe I just like them irrationally.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 25, 2017

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Kilza posted:

This actually has never stuck. Because somebody name dropped Maroon, I'll just use him. Once they stopped forcing Lucic and McDavid to be together, they've remained apart for basically the rest of the season (aside from being together on the first PP unit). Whenever the Maroon-McDavid-Draisaitl line struggled, there's been the line shuffling and sometimes Lucic and McDavid would end up together (usually with Eberle which also didn't work), but that'd only last for the rest of the game then they'd go back to the original first line.

As for why McDavid works with Maroon and not Lucic, I'll just call it the Sidney Crosby conundrum. Also because of course McDavid wouldn't work with the one guy Chiarelli signed specifically to play with him and gave him $6 mil over 7 years and traded Hall away because he was getting him hahahahaha kill me now

You guys are killing me. Does he at least still spear guys in the dick??

Anyway, I'll take a flyer on Kyle Okposo. He's had injury and illness issues lately, but if he's healthy I can rely on him for 20g/50p at a minimum.

edit: thanks to whoever the fast fucker was who plugged in all of his info while I was looking up his contract

Habibi fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Habibi posted:

You guys are killing me. Does he at least still spear guys in the dick??

I think he transferred most of that "power" to Marchand before he left Boston, and then to Draisaitl here.

• Locked thread