Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Wheat Loaf posted:

There was a Dexter's Lab cartoon about that. He has 30 seconds until the school bus arrives so he uses one of his inventions (a helmet that slows down time) to give himself 30 minutes, except it just makes everything else go slower. Tries pouring milk into his cereal and has to take bites out of it when it gets stuck halfway between the carton and his bowl.

That episode was the poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
And he has to tread slowly because walking normally causes his shoes to catch fire from friction.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

HairyManling posted:

I met Rob once after a White Zombie show and he was cool as gently caress. He signed my red leather Docs (it was 1994, of course I had red leather Docs) and seemed like a dude that was passionate about his work. His movies are ok - I enjoyed House of a Thousand Corpses. That's my Rob Zombie story. That same night I met Dimebag and he drew all over my face with a sharpie mimicking his facial hair. He also signed the Doc Marten's, but that's a story for another time.

Yeah. The person I know who met him maybe caught him in a foul mood.

The man sure has a passion for horror but just doesn't do it for me with his movies.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

syscall girl posted:

Yeah. The person I know who met him maybe caught him in a foul mood.

The man sure has a passion for horror but just doesn't do it for me with his movies.

passion != skill

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Aleph Null posted:

passion != skill

This.

And he's not even "an ideas man" who comes up with ideas and pitches them and sits back smugly.

He takes old concepts and runs with them, poorly.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Jobbo_Fett posted:

False, the computer would not display things fast enough for him to do so and still attend the emergency. Same goes for the shower. :colbert:

I'm pretty sure the Flash can fart speed force on stuff or something, even in the show speedsters take people on joyrides. In the comics, one iteration of the Flash outran being dead for years.

Inescapable Duck posted:

The Flash is basically a vaguely speed-themed wizard.

This is entirely correct.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

food court bailiff posted:

In the comics, one iteration of the Flash outran being dead for years.

[spoiler]Eobard Thawne did that when he moved from Flash to Legend of Tomorrow.[\spoiler

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
How did they explain that he ran faster than being dead? It sounds cool.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Firstborn posted:

How did they explain that he ran faster than being dead? It sounds cool.

He was a time remnant and he just kept traveling through time to different times, then he used a magic spear to change reality.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I think Barry Allen ran so fast at the end of one of the Crisis storylines that he ended up in a Marvel comic.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

I think Barry Allen ran so fast at the end of one of the Crisis storylines that he ended up in a Marvel comic.

Marvel had a cross over issue of all their speedster characters and he won, despite never being mentioned or shown in the story before, then kept running.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Aleph Null posted:

Eobard Thawne did that when he moved from Flash to Legend of Tomorrow.

You're bad at spoiler tags.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

syscall girl posted:

This.

And he's not even "an ideas man" who comes up with ideas and pitches them and sits back smugly.

He takes old concepts and runs with them, poorly.
Oh, for sure. Wasn't trying to imply he was a great director or anything. The thing that irritates me the most about his films is that he keeps casting his wife and she is just a terrible actor as far as I'm concerned.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

HairyManling posted:

Oh, for sure. Wasn't trying to imply he was a great director or anything. The thing that irritates me the most about his films is that he keeps casting his wife and she is just a terrible actor as far as I'm concerned.

I guess you could say the same about Kevin Smith + Jennifer Schwalbach Smith as well as Tim Burton and Helena Bonham Carter.

e: although I liked HBC in Fight Club and some other things, I even liked her in Sweeney Todd

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
HBC is a fantastic actor - see her role in the King's Speech - but Burton is a hack of a director.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Brofessor Slayton posted:

You also can't make hot food with superspeed. It's not like you make the flames cook faster.

Perfect for making cereal, though.

Sandwich of cold cuts and cheeses.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
He could make a great grilled cheese just from scraping butter on raw bread

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

syscall girl posted:

I guess you could say the same about Kevin Smith + Jennifer Schwalbach Smith as well as Tim Burton and Helena Bonham Carter.

e: although I liked HBC in Fight Club and some other things, I even liked her in Sweeney Todd

Did Smith ever put his wife front and center or was she just smaller/background roles or cameos? The jewel thief role was her biggest IIRC and that was a background player compared to the others.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

MrJacobs posted:

Did Smith ever put his wife front and center or was she just smaller/background roles or cameos? The jewel thief role was her biggest IIRC and that was a background player compared to the others.

According to the DVD extras it took them hours to shoot the make-out scene between Brian O'Hallaran and Jennifer Schwalbach Smith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV6SCp_mWm4

e: pretty small role though

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Someone said something about the Flash taking a poo poo at light speed before going off to fight the bad guy and for the past ten minutes Ive been laughing, the image of the time frozen turds hovering silently above the water and then when the Flash turns off the speedforce the turds hit the bottom of the bowl at like .99 lightspeed, instantly vaporising the neighborhood

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

syscall girl posted:

According to the DVD extras it took them hours to shoot the make-out scene between Brian O'Hallaran and Jennifer Schwalbach Smith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV6SCp_mWm4

e: pretty small role though

ideally it would have taken forever and then we'd be free of Kevin Smith

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

EmmyOk posted:

ideally it would have taken forever and then we'd be free of Kevin Smith

His smodcast disgusts me when he does ads for those plastic vagina thingies.

He refers to them as being tighter than his wife's anus.

I know they're just ads but have some self-respect and maybe a little for your wife as well.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

syscall girl posted:

His smodcast disgusts me when he does ads for those plastic vagina thingies.

He refers to them as being tighter than his wife's anus.

I know they're just ads but have some self-respect and maybe a little for your wife as well.

https://twitter.com/ThatKevinSmith/status/2554608773

His daughter can read that. The daughter he named Harley Quinn Smith.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

WampaLord posted:

We should all be happy she has parents that love each other so much.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

He needs to cut back on the weed and rejoin reality.

He really lost it circa Jersey Girl. And by a lot of other people's opinions waaay before that.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Calaveron posted:

He could make a great grilled cheese just from scraping butter on raw bread

That's not how cheese works

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Biplane posted:

Someone said something about the Flash taking a poo poo at light speed before going off to fight the bad guy and for the past ten minutes Ive been laughing, the image of the time frozen turds hovering silently above the water and then when the Flash turns off the speedforce the turds hit the bottom of the bowl at like .99 lightspeed, instantly vaporising the neighborhood

Neighborhood? That would be a doomsday scenario

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
And now I'm imagining The Flash accidentally ending the world because he had some bad sushi

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

WampaLord posted:

The Venn diagram of "people who really like Harley Quinn" and "insufferable people" is nearly a circle.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

syscall girl posted:

He needs to cut back on the weed and rejoin reality.

He really lost it circa Jersey Girl. And by a lot of other people's opinions waaay before that.

Irrational Movie Moment: I liked Jersey Girl. I thought it was sweet.

Also, whilst I am sure it is a loving awful movie, I thought it was a nice gesture of his to make that stupid Canadian movie, (hahaha they speak in a different accent to us. This is surely the wellspring of all comedy), as a vehicle for his and Johnny Depps daughters. There is just not enough nepotism in todays Hollywood. Ask Jaden Smith.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

MariusLecter posted:

Really interested to see if they show something like this in the comics when Zoom presumably encountered Dr Manhattan and lost his loving mind before "dying".

Pardon? Why would Dr. Manhattan be in a DC Universe comic?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Belpit posted:

The Venn diagram of "people who really like Harley Quinn" and "insufferable people" is nearly a circle.

It's people who think Harley and the Joker have some sort of ideal romance to aspire to who are the ones you need to watch out for.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Mr. Belpit posted:

It's right and proper Kevin Smith named his daughter after a mentally deranged sex object with a history of verbal and physical abuse.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Oh wait no it isn't Harley Quinn is a terrible character and Kevin Smith is a terrible, terrible person.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Memento posted:

Pardon? Why would Dr. Manhattan be in a DC Universe comic?

You'd be absolutely right to think he shouldn't be in a DC Universe comic. He totally is though.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Is that really happening? I know Batman found Rorschach's pin, but I thought it was just some horrible joke. I even heard them saying Rorschach was going to guest in Injustice 2, but again, didn't happen. Just figured it was a big joke.

Film isn't even out yet, but I guess we can guess "Ready Player One" is going to be monumentally insufferable and irritating.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
It's real and real dumb even for comics

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Drunken Baker posted:

Is that really happening? I know Batman found Rorschach's pin, but I thought it was just some horrible joke. I even heard them saying Rorschach was going to guest in Injustice 2, but again, didn't happen. Just figured it was a big joke.

It's all in Doctor Manhattan's wikipedia entry if you're interested. Basically he's responsible for the creation of the New 52 and the death of a handful of characters.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Whatever lead to the mentality that you can enhance a work of fiction by using the magic of continuity to link it to another existing work? It's probably from the same mindset that believes, since Joyce and Faulkner wrote good literature, you can directly adapt their words into film and automatically create good cinema.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

With Watchmen it's particularly great because DC didn't want Moore to use Charlton characters because of the mess he was going to make of them. Now they're apparently happy to slot Moore's pseudoCharlton characters back into the DCU.