Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

blue footed boobie posted:

They're just getting to the point where they could just buy a new stadium.
Property prices in Monaco are insane, so I doubt this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

shut up blegum posted:

Property prices in Monaco are insane, so I doubt this

Plus where would they literally put it? They'd have to tear down the old one and put in a new one that's somehow larger capacity without taking up more space.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

vyelkin posted:

imo Paul Pogba was the worst record purchase bc he is a garbageman with his own emoji

Yea

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Jose posted:

not sure why people are disparaging the french league if he's off to play for real madrid in la liga lol

Seriously, if he actually moves he's going to hit Ronaldo numbers in a year.

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!
if Mbappe is sold I'd wager there's a clause saying that he has to be loaned back to Monaco for the first season. he needs to play, and i'm not sure if he'd always be picked for the Real's starting XI, whereas Monaco would definitely benefit from him.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I know this is rich coming from a Chelsea fan, but Monaco being a billionaire's plaything is the worst.

They have no fans, don't fill their stadium, are only able to sign players because it's a tax haven and they are in bed with Jorge Mendes, and are owned by a guy that makes Roman look like a saint.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Burning Rain posted:

if Mbappe is sold I'd wager there's a clause saying that he has to be loaned back to Monaco for the first season. he needs to play, and i'm not sure if he'd always be picked for the Real's starting XI, whereas Monaco would definitely benefit from him.
Nobody's signing a player for a record-breaking sum only to loan them back for a season, m8

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Burning Rain posted:

If he's purchased for €180m they're not going to loan him out

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Burning Rain posted:

Yeah I'm sure Real loving Madrid are signing someone for a world record fee to loan them back are you thick

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Why would Mmmbop even cost €180m? That's a ridiculous price.

Two months ago the price was supposedly €130m. Real Madrid are the only club who can realistically sign him, and he's got 2 years left on his contract.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Burning Rain posted:

You'll never recover from this one...

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
jesus christ monaco is loving raking it in

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

pik_d posted:

Plus where would they literally put it? They'd have to tear down the old one and put in a new one that's somehow larger capacity without taking up more space.

I've been to the Stade Louis ii and it's a shithole with a large footprint so this is probably possible tbh. Biggest problem would be actually getting people to go to their matches.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

I've been to the Stade Louis ii and it's a shithole with a large footprint so this is probably possible tbh. Biggest problem would be actually getting people to go to their matches.

Football matches are too plebeian for 9 of the 10 people who live in Monaco.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Wow, They have an 18.5k stadium and still only get about 50% attendance.

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!

CyberPingu posted:

You'll never recover from this one...

dunno, it made sense to me. it's not like Monaco need that money or Mbappe is lacking suitors, so they can basically dictate their demands. but i guess you're right, it'd be ridiculous.

Anae
Apr 23, 2008

pik_d posted:

Wow, They have an 18.5k stadium and still only get about 50% attendance.

To be fair, the capacity of the entire city isn't much bigger and the apartments there probably have an even worse attendance rate.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

vyelkin posted:

Football matches are too plebeian for 9 of the 10 people who live in Monaco.

not to mention Monaco has very few actual residents. fewer than could fit in a 60k seater.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
https://twitter.com/TheFootballRep/status/889784195173711877

Hmmmmm

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bea Nanner posted:

not to mention Monaco has very few actual residents. fewer than could fit in a 60k seater.

yeah that's why i was very careful in how I worded that post

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Norwich have signed the former future Steven Gerrard Adam Phillips on a free

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

vyelkin posted:

yeah that's why i was very careful in how I worded that post

im dense

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Burnley seem desperate to stockpile Stoke cast offs. They've now signed Phil Bardsley. I would have preferred to keep Bardsley and gently caress off Glen Johnson though. Bardsley actually wants to play football unlike Johnson.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Anae posted:

To be fair, the capacity of the entire city isn't much bigger and the apartments there probably have an even worse attendance rate.

Whoa I googled the population and I had no idea it was so small. It looks like a million people live there when you see the city.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
arsenal bought back wellington silva to sell him on for a profit and he failed the medical at bordeaux

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jose posted:

arsenal bought back wellington silva to sell him on for a profit and he failed the medical at bordeaux

this is the arsenaliest sentence possible

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Whoa I googled the population and I had no idea it was so small. It looks like a million people live there when you see the city.

And probably a sizable chunk of that population doesn't live year round in the principality.

Monaco is smaller than Central Park ffs.

Anae
Apr 23, 2008

Shrapnig posted:

And probably a sizable chunk of that population doesn't live year round in the principality.

A huge amount yeah, I worked there for a year.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Jose posted:

lol

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Meat Wagon posted:

Burnley seem desperate to stockpile Stoke cast offs. They've now signed Phil Bardsley. I would have preferred to keep Bardsley and gently caress off Glen Johnson though. Bardsley actually wants to play football unlike Johnson.

I mean, the theory behind it is solid. Stoke kept finishing 10th or thereabouts with those players, so obviously Burnley will do the same if they get enough of them.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

Lmao

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Monaco covers the same area as Central Park

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Shrapnig posted:

JFairfax posted:

One of you will never recover from this

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

Apparently the buyback was contingent on the sale going through. Or something.

JFairfax posted:

I also didn't realize this. I didn't do a geographic survey of the place.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Jose posted:

Tasty bit of business

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Blue Star Error posted:

One of you will never recover from this

Monaco: 2.02 km2

Central Park: 3.41 km2

RIP JFairfax

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

More like Jnofacts.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I meant to say it will fit into central park, but er, didn't.

RIP my credibility

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Pep has spent £385m in 13 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

Pep has spent £385m in 13 months.
https://twitter.com/WelBeast/status/889590475497361408
He wins trophies though.