Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
jon macroff

emmanuel osson

cut wasteful spending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I think Macron's biggest fanbase at this point is American Hillarymen

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fallen Hamprince posted:

he's currently under investigation for embezzlement lmao

Three of his staff are being investigated (not him), the investigation was started after a pal of Marine Le Pen asked prosecutors to do so.

You are so loving bad lol

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

yeah, play dumb

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

i mean they won't let go of their jobs because they'll otherwise starve but sure

these impoverished boomers

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Frijolero posted:

Three of his staff are being investigated (not him), the investigation was started after a pal of Marine Le Pen asked prosecutors to do so.

this sounds extremely familiar to me

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the thing about Macron is he is absolutely the gateway to a genuine fascist like Le Pen taking power, because as people's lives grow more miserable under his political project of manufacturing a dystopia subservient to the whims of capital all the while the pundit class laps him up as the new "leader of the free world," people grow disillusioned and detached from the government as an entity that exists in subservience to its citizenry. people disengage from elections, turnout drops, and in that dystopia the cesspool which allows racist hucksterism and fascist discourse to breed begins to grow.

the people see government as a tool to maintain the rule of out of touch elites, and a huckster like trump or Le pen can come along and rally enough people with their fascist populism to take power after voter turnout plummets.

tl;dr macron succ

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
free twitter handle idea

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Condiv posted:

yeah, play dumb

well i don't know how you weren't persuaded to love macron by my epic defense which did not mention him even remotely

Serf
May 5, 2011

Condiv posted:

yeah, play dumb

stop responding to trolls

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

loquacius posted:

http://www.france24.com/en/20170718-france-far-left-leader-melenchon-eu-parliament-funds-investigation

lol

He's getting Bernie'd. And again, anything that CC opposes is probably legit. I'm all in for Melenchon.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Concerned Citizen posted:

well i don't know how you weren't persuaded to love macron by my epic defense which did not mention him even remotely

you're a disingenuous piece of poo poo

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Scent of Worf posted:

https://twitter.com/liberalism_txt/status/889886919794020352

france elects another neoliberal drone because the other option was a literal fascist and US libs are counting that as a win lmao

The US needs a fascist nightmare so that leftists show up just to keep the fascist out of office instead of whining at home about earning muh vote

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm actually kind of surprised this wasn't already taken before Ironstache was even a thing

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
CC and hampiss love to concern-troll. Please take that garbage to D&D.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

loquacius posted:

almost as if the center and the right are united in underhandedly suppressing the left so they can maintain their rule over impoverished people with no future

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

The US needs a fascist nightmare so that leftists show up just to keep the fascist out of office instead of whining at home about earning muh vote

this happened already, it didn't work

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

loquacius posted:

this happened already, it didn't work

drat you Reagan

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

drat you Reagan

Unironically agreeing

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

zegermans posted:

but enough about the democratic primary

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

loquacius posted:

I'm actually kind of surprised this wasn't already taken before Ironstache was even a thing

right? it's simple, yet expressive.

twitter is horrible for my well-being or i'd take it.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Frijolero posted:

CC and hampiss love to concern-troll. Please take that garbage to D&D.

'hampiss' is some rubio level poo poo lmao

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

remember that time you defended macron being racist hamprince? hahaha

Fallen Hamprince posted:

it's in the context of a proposed 'marshal plan for africa', where macron is explaining why development is not as simple as dumping money on poor countries to build highways and airports. condiv is shocked that macron does not take the opportunity to go on a 5000 word monologue about the legacy of colonialism, because condiv is a moron

it's just amazing what macron is reducing centrists to, reveals how little they care about anything aside from wall street and killing lots of people in wars

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol you are the worst. at least zegermans tries to be funny once in a while

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Emmanuel Macron: Speaks French, born in France, lived entire life in France, is President of France.

Eve Peyser: Went to Oberlin, where she presumably watched at least one english-language adaptation of Les Mis

Not sure which of these two has a better grasp on French history and political culture.

PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
funny how when people get the notion that they're getting hosed no matter who wins an election, and a candidate takes no actions towards the relief of those fears, those people stay home.

funny how that happens, isn't it?

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I'd bet that these workers are also the same people who aren't voting.
Maybe it's because they become unemployed if they take the time off to vote.

Hmmmm 🤔

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the Democrats alternative to a fascist nightmare are spineless candidates with a policy platform so weak and flimsy that it can be easily dismantled by private interests, and yes I am talking about Obamacare, thus not safeguarding democracy from a fascist nightmare at all so they can terrify people into voting D every 4 years.

look just how far that's go- *giant map of elected democrats across America unfolds revealing fringe party with little more than bicoastal metropolitan safeholds* I mean uh it's the fault of leftists not submitting to the whims of capital, clearly this is the problem

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
funny how when lanyards blame those people who didn't show up because their candidate was a certified piece of poo poo, those people don't show up for midterms.

and isn't it funny how lanyards keep wondering why they keep losing?

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Condiv posted:

remember that time you defended macron being racist hamprince? hahaha

it's just amazing what macron is reducing centrists to, reveals how little they care about anything aside from wall street and killing lots of people in wars

if we're digging up old posts there was the time you were wailing incessantly about how melenchon losing the first round meant LePen was going to sweep to victory

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
the funny thing is, Obamacare came from a republican think tank.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Matt Zerella posted:

The Democrats!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

funny how when lanyards blame those people who didn't show up because their candidate was a certified piece of poo poo, those people don't show up for midterms.

That's worth something
When you think about it
That is worth some money

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Fallen Hamprince posted:

if we're digging up old posts there was the time you were wailing incessantly about how melenchon losing the first round meant LePen was going to sweep to victory

technically he's right, it's just going to happen in 2022

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

lanyards are probably wondering how the keep winning considering the massive outpouring of support for anti-establishment leftism that never seems to materialize on primary day

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Matt Zerella posted:

*jazzhands* ♫bipartisanship in actiooooon!!♫ *jazzhands*

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
he's with us on everything but the war

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Fallen Hamprince posted:

this is comparable to defending racism in your eyes? :lol:

I'm glad the fascists didn't win, though I had very rational reasons to worry they would as we can see from how terrible the racist god king we elected instead is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fallen Hamprince posted:

lanyards are probably wondering how the keep winning considering the massive outpouring of support for anti-establishment leftism that never seems to materialize on primary day

lol

• Locked thread