Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

https://twitter.com/onlxn/status/889871123604688896

edit:

Mister Mind fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jul 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

RottenK posted:

you cant seriously be that loving stupid
My thought was just, might somebody shoot a senator/other politician over this? Because this would make it slightly easier to do so.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

evilweasel posted:

I think what he's asking is, say they go option 2, and it fails. Can the House then take up the "skinny repeal" so they did something and then pass it, despite the conference bill? And I don't know the answer to that.

Actually passing "skinny repeal" is incredibly dangerous. It will make the GOP responsible for health care in the public consciousness but wont implement any of the things that the GOP promises will fix health care.

The only thing it does to help the GOP is potentially opening up the pocketbooks of rich tea party donors.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Your Taint posted:

He's the voice of The Cat on The Cat in the Hat on PBS kids and thank God my kids don't like that show too much because what little I've seen of it is loving stupid.

They cleverly removed all the zaniness of the original to make it a completely standard show about learning about animals.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

trickybiscuits posted:

My thought was just, might somebody shoot a senator/other politician over this? Because this would make it slightly easier to do so.

I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I don't think not being allowed to carry has stopped literally any would be assassin in DC for the past, oh, thirty years.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

BarbarianElephant posted:

They cleverly removed all the zaniness of the original to make it a completely standard show about learning about animals.

However, Curious George is a pretty good PBS kids show. Probably the best one they have.

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair

*Deeply concerning intensifies*

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/igorvolsky/status/889897316697735169

still up in the air

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/889894020901736448

particle9
Nov 14, 2004
In the guide to getting dumped, this guy helped me realize that with time it does get better. And yeah, he did get his custom title.
That's a really funny (scary) hot mic exchange.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

FIGHT!

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
It's amazing that McConnell is undertaking this disgusting perversion of the democratic process not to outmaneuver the Democrats but his own drat party.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Your Taint posted:

He's the voice of The Cat on The Cat in the Hat on PBS kids and thank God my kids don't like that show too much because what little I've seen of it is loving stupid.

I don't know about Cat in the Hat but don't you dare speak ill of his voiceover work in the Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimley cartoon from 1988 or you're most likely to receive a pain that's gonna linger I must say.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015
Here's my stupid prediction about Donald Trump and Jeff Sessions. Sessions is going to be ousted out one way or another. Sessions is then going to testify against Trump. Trump will then let forth a tweet storm about how it's unfair that Sessions can testify about Russia when he recused himself.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/LACaldwellDC/status/889897405952479233

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003

Rigel posted:

I also do not know the answer to that. I assume if there's a technical problem with voting on skinny repeal after a failed conference vote, they could just have the senate vote again. That shouldn't be a problem unless some of the yes votes were made with the understanding that it would go straight to conference and skinny repeal wouldn't actually pass.

They can use amendment exchange between the chambers, like in 1985 when the budget reconciliation failed in conference. They eventually got it passed. Just as long as both chambers pass the exact same legislative text attached to the 2017 reconciliation bill, it can go to the president.

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007

Nobody's actually undecided this close to the vote. This is a "I'm voting yes but I don't want to have to defend it until it's a fait accompli".

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

davebo posted:

I don't know about Cat in the Hat but don't you dare speak ill of his voiceover work in the Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimley cartoon from 1988 or you're most likely to receive a pain that's gonna linger I must say.

I remember it from the days when Cartoon Network would show things like that on Sunday Nights. I enjoyed it.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

Your Taint posted:

However, Curious George is a pretty good PBS kids show. Probably the best one they have.

That has been banned in our house ever since we watched the episode where George has lots of fun playing with a big pot of boiling water on the stove. (I'm a no-fun mum.)

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Your Taint posted:

Easily the best cartoon they currently show.

Nature Cat is easily the worst.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Sensible Thursday posted:

Nobody's actually undecided this close to the vote. This is a "I'm voting yes but I don't want to have to defend it until it's a fait accompli".

We're doomed.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

If Collins had a soul, she would have switched parties

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.

That has been banned in our house ever since we watched the episode where George has lots of fun playing with a big pot of boiling water on the stove. (I'm a no-fun mum.)

What, seriously? That was an episode?

Curious George and the Wood Chipper.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

The Phlegmatist posted:

They can use amendment exchange between the chambers, like in 1985 when the budget reconciliation failed in conference. They eventually got it passed. Just as long as both chambers pass the exact same legislative text attached to the 2017 reconciliation bill, it can go to the president.

Got it. So until the bill is officially dead the senate could pass any version the house has ever passed, and visa versa.

What officially kills the bill? Senate not passing MTP when Mitch has voted yes? Senate failing to pass anything at all after MTP? Or can they always keep it in play right up until the reconciliation deadline?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Covok posted:

We're doomed.

Someone get this guy a fainting couch.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

(I'm a no-fun mum.)

This explains so much about your posting.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

I bet Trump is gonna piss and moan about this on twitter for days. Here's hoping he goes out of his way to antagonize GOP senators. I mean even more than he is now

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
God I hope so

Spill the beans kush mouth

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Covok posted:

We're doomed.

Shut up.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Reminder that the ignore list is a thing

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Toasty

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/brithume/status/889815245824372736
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/889790429398528000

https://twitter.com/brithume/status/889834492936024066
https://twitter.com/Scaramucci/status/837415341571596288

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Prester Jane posted:

Creatures like Ted Cruz are amorphous blobs that (like a slime mold) will simply exploit whatever opportunities for personal enrichment/advancement are readily available.

So you're saying we need a flask of oil, a torch and a minimum 16 dexterity?

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

IPlayVideoGames posted:

What, seriously? That was an episode?

Curious George and the Wood Chipper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnRDvd-D7-I

About the 5 minute mark. Classic.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Oh god can somebody please just turn on a blue light or something when we can officially stop worrying about the GOP gutting health care for the calendar year.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

This loving Obamacare repeal has lived longer than poor people would under it.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

Crackbone posted:

Oh god can somebody please just turn on a blue light or something when we can officially stop worrying about the GOP gutting health care for the calendar year.

Well, they are getting close. They might have the votes now, so maybe next week we can all stop worrying after they finally gut it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/reelectgop/status/889902662497554433

not a lot of potential votes to kill the MTP left

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress you and die, Heller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I'm honestly kind of impressed at the amazing persistence and effort turtle and the GOP is putting into passing a horrible bill that everyone hates and no one wants. It's unbelievable. For a hollow win that will absolutely damage their constituents and result in backlash they're loving pulling out all the stops. McCain will risk death for a motion to proceed on a totally despised piece of legislation

• Locked thread