Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/889918642120523777

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Libertine posted:

Are there any recorded cases of social media signals being wrong? I'm not really joking, I'm pretty serious here. It seems like you could basically construct an entire predictive data modeling of what players real internal preferences are in free agency based on what they do on Twitter and Instagram and others. Like a few months ago didn't Gordon Hayward accidentally set his Twitter to green shamrock or something or was that his wife? In any event, it's really hilarious and beat writers should literally just be tracking the multi-variable social media connections of athletes.

Didn't IT do the eyes emoji at Horford last year and then this year someone else, but this time that player didn't end up on the Celtics? I can't remember who it would have been

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Yeah, people act like Crabbe is some horrible player. He's good and an elite shooter. He just is not worth the money.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Maybe them can combine them into one man, Jarrett Allen Crabbe????

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Portland bout to do some dumb poo poo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Less than 4 hours until the Melo deadline

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Portland bout to do some more dumb poo poo

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

So Portland steals Crabbe from Brooklyn for a year and then gets pretty much nothing out of it?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

Let's go Nets get out of the top 5 👏👏👏

How good do you think a lineup "featuring" Demarre Carroll, Allen Crabbe and D'Angelo Russell is going to be? Cuz it's not going to be good, but they'll maybe finish ahead of the Bulls. They'll at least be fun to watch comparatively and their fans have some hope for the future so that's good

Brooklyn had an actual good player on their roster last year and they still finished last and then they lost him, young guards and a broken small forward are not going to rocket them up the standings

WhyteRyce posted:

So Portland steals Crabbe from Brooklyn for a year and then gets pretty much nothing out of it?

Trade kickers work against the team doing the trading, yeah? So I guess they actually lost money on the whole thing

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jul 25, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

Yeah.

:shrug:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Next year Otto Porter get's dumped for a 2nd rounder, book it

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Nets were decent when Lin was healthy. I can see Orlando, New York, Chicago and maybe he Lakers being worse.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Portland is getting out of a bad contract but this can't be all, right?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Boosh! posted:

Nets were decent when Lin was healthy. I can see Orlando, New York, Chicago and maybe he Lakers being worse.

Nets were not decent when Lin was healthy, Jeremy Lin was decent when Lin was healthy

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Cool Buff Man posted:

Nets were not decent when Lin was healthy

East decent? They were like 1-25 without him at one point.

TV Zombie posted:

Portland is getting out of a bad contract but this can't be all, right?

You would think so. Nets saved them 40m in tax by taking Crabbe if I read correctly.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Boosh! posted:

Suns too, possibly. The Nets could feasibly end with the 6th worst record lol danny ainge.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Boosh! posted:

East decent? They were like 1-25 without him at one point.

We'll see! Like I said they have a lot of hope, I just think they're going to really suck next year. Having young guard talent is a huge upgrade from where they were last year but it'll take a couple years for D'Angelo to command a game or to even play at Lin level

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

Suns too, possibly. The Nets could feasibly end with the 6th worst record lol danny ainge.

Seeing as one of the teams that would finish above them would ostensibly be the Lakers, I'm not sure he'd be losing too much sleep about it. You keep trying to make up stuff to laugh at Danny Ainge about, it's mean and I want it to STOP right now

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

How good do you think a lineup "featuring" Demarre Carroll, Allen Crabbe and D'Angelo Russell is going to be? Cuz it's not going to be good, but they'll maybe finish ahead of the Bulls. They'll at least be fun to watch comparatively and their fans have some hope for the future so that's good

Brooklyn had an actual good player on their roster last year and they still finished last and then they lost him, young guards and a broken small forward are not going to rocket them up the standings

Trade kickers work against the team doing the trading, yeah? So I guess they actually lost money on the whole thing

I feel like being in the east and getting dlo and crabbe is enough to boost them out of the bottom 3 and I'm hoping they win enough 50/50 games to get out of the bottom 5. Quote this when I'm wrong tia

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Give Danny credit where credit is due. He singed the second best player on the 5th seed in the west this summer. It was a coup.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I believe in Timid Timo.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

Give Danny credit where credit is due. He singed the second best player on the 5th seed in the west this summer. It was a coup.

Hayward is really good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Are the nets out of cap space? If so, lol Nerlens Nowl

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

euphronius posted:

lol this post is my life

euphronius posted:

Are the nets out of cap space? If so, lol Nerlens Nowl

I think they have like 6ish million in cap space left, not really enough. Sad!

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Cool Buff Man posted:

Hayward is really good

Yeah but he didn't trade for a one-and-done all star and furthermore

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I think they'll miss Lopez's spacing but Crabbe will help a bit. They're going to be running some weird as hell smallball lineups though unless they make some more moves.

Feels like they have a pretty high win range for a team that's going to blow

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Cool Buff Man posted:

He waived the kicker so they get out scott free.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Portland likely wouldn't have made the playoffs without Crabbe. So he was already a better 1 year rental than Jeff Green.

I'm sad to see him go, but hopefully this is just the start of Olshey wheeling and dealing.

Also lots of posters itt were saying Portland would have to give up a first or a good player to dump Crabbe

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Strawberry Panda posted:

He waived the kicker so they get out scott free.

Good for them then. Too bad he's the best player out of their albatrosses

warcrimes posted:

Yeah but he didn't trade for a one-and-done all star and furthermore

I just can't believe this forum hates the Boston Celtics. Ridiculous. Never seen anything like it

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Look, if I have to live in this city I am allowed to hate every single one of its sports teams!

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Sounds exhausting.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

Look, if I have to live in this city I am allowed to hate every single one of its sports teams!

I feel like living in Maine has made it a lot easier to like the Celtics, if I had to live in Boston I'd probably feel the same way

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Sounds exhausting.

Lol

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
What a weird trade. I guess Crabbe wanted out or wanted to start or else why waive the trade kicker? I'm happy Portland can shed salary but I kinda liked Crabbe.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I liked Boston when I visited but I guess being a tourist doing touristy things is different than having to tolerate the locals for extended periods of time.

There is a lot of Eli Manning hate there which I find hilarious. Like tour guides will just randomly blurt it out

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Also lots of posters itt were saying Portland would have to give up a first or a good player to dump Crabbe

Well a lot of Blazers fans itt were saying that Portland couldn't afford to let talent walk for nothing so I guess we both have egg on our face

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Metapod posted:

I feel like being in the east and getting dlo and crabbe is enough to boost them out of the bottom 3 and I'm hoping they win enough 50/50 games to get out of the bottom 5. Quote this when I'm wrong tia

I'd like it to be true, but about 75% of their even-mildly-positive 5-man lineups last year featured Lopez.

Still, all of their moves seem very smart to me and I think they're going to be in the playoffs sooner than the Knicks Heck, only one more year and they'll even own their own first round pick. (Celtics straight up own theirs this year, no swap). Assuming the Raptors make the playoffs they can take their pick, that's nice.

If you want to see 30 year old Trevor Booker clock in like 2000 minutes at Center, this is gonna be the season for you. Did you know he's Devin Booker's older brother? No, not that one. the one who plays for Bayern-Munich. Also Jordan Hill's cousin. Serious Journeyman Basketballer family over there.

Was Mozgov injured last year? Any chance he come back and play 1500 minutes as an average-ish center?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

I liked Boston when I visited but I guess being a tourist doing touristy things is different than having to tolerate the locals for extended periods of time.

There is a lot of Eli Manning hate there which I find hilarious. Like tour guides will just randomly blurt it out

I just hate cities, the people in Boston are almost caricatures of people from Boston and I have a good laugh every time I visit. It would definitely get on my nerves over time though and if I was black I'd never go there

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

Eli Manning is basically the 2nd least popular person in the city after the surviving marathon bomber

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

leftist heap posted:

What a weird trade. I guess Crabbe wanted out or wanted to start or else why waive the trade kicker? I'm happy Portland can shed salary but I kinda liked Crabbe.

He's going to start in NYC so seems like a good move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Ryan Anderson to the blazers, Melo to the rockets, um... What the hell do the Knicks get

• Locked thread