Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

We already know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Here's Mccains voting theme.
Face to bloodshed fuckers.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon posted:

Yes I am arguing that things matter you bunch of crybaby defeatists.

It's always darkest before the dawn.

You are so loving pathetic in this thread right now. It's disgusting.

Nothing but defeatism here. Not a single positive though.

You sicken me. Honestly you do. No wonder dems always lose all you do is loving cry about poo poo instead of trying to be a single bit positive.

Yo, I stepped into this thread for the first time in a long while because I've dunked my head back above the depressive political waters specifically for today's vote, and I'm posting only to say gently caress you and go away, thanks.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/889920773749710850

white house is trying to reassure brietbart they'll still be racist once they fire sessions

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

People are gonna be shocked to discover that McCain is a Republican

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

stfu MIGF

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Blitz7x posted:

I mean if McCain and Graham and theoretically Murkowski and maybe Heller are all against the skinny then why is everyone worried?

Because they'll fold just like they have on the MTP

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Blitz7x posted:

I mean if McCain and Graham and theoretically Murkowski and maybe Heller are all against the skinny then why is everyone worried?

"So you're saying there's still a chance?"

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
Not that this isn't already crazy but isn't taking photos/vids in the chambers normally not allowed by the public?

When I was there as a dumb tourist on a boring day many years ago we were told no photos, and another set of tourists snapped some pics from another balcony and security appeared very quickly to have a nice little chat with them.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/889921251057303554

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

"So I'm *guaranteed* the seven-figure post-Senate job, free private jet rides, and the set of Cutco knives, right?"

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Bhaal posted:

Not that this isn't already crazy but isn't taking photos/vids in the chambers normally not allowed by the public?

When I was there as a dumb tourist on a boring day many years ago we were told no photos, and another set of tourists snapped some pics from another balcony and security appeared very quickly to have a nice little chat with them.

Unless there's a statute I'm not aware of that pertains specifically to Congress, filming from a public place is a constitutionally protected activity.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon posted:

Then loving kill yourself now.

You know how many people commit suicide in america a day?

You know how many are killed by gunfire?

You know how many innocent children die a day in Syria?

But please. Lose your will to live over a MTP Vote. Do it you loving little pibsqueaks. Cry your heart out. Lose all energy to fight. Because that will stop them from passing the actual evil stuff.

Isiaih 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

There is no god you dumb poo poo head.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I want an extra 100 B for Wisconsin

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Bhaal posted:

The listed videos are from official feeds, I think, a la CSPAN. Past that we are kind of beyond the point of caring about that.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

We already know.

Anyone who didn't hasn't been paying attention.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Blitz7x posted:

Once their foot's in the door, they're going to twist arms and threaten grandchildren until they get what they want. It's the slippery slope, once momentum starts it can't be stopped until it crashes into whatever lies at the bottom.

Once MTP passes, you'll have effectively lost your health care, it's just a matter of how.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Because they'll fold just like they have on the MTP

McCain and Graham are both old senator types, I don't know that either have ever really dunked an MTP. Heller's the more serious fold here.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Glumslinger posted:

I want an extra 100 B for Wisconsin

How do you spell "yes"? I don't know which button to push

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ok this convo between johnson and mcconnell is looking stranger and stranger what the gently caress is going on

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

C. Everett Koop posted:

Once their foot's in the door, they're going to twist arms and threaten grandchildren until they get what they want. It's the slippery slope, once momentum starts it can't be stopped until it crashes into whatever lies at the bottom.

Once MTP passes, you'll have effectively lost your health care, it's just a matter of how.

Why are you certain the conference bill will pass the house and senate when the Senate has failed to pass any bill that's allowed an iota of daylight?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

TGLT posted:

McCain and Graham are both old senator types, I don't know that either have ever really dunked an MTP. Heller's the more serious fold here.

They've both never shown any meaningful defiance to their party either

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Shifty Nipples posted:

There is no god you dumb poo poo head.

the free market is god

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
The world's first human invertebrate?

This seems like showing footage of the St. Valentine's Day massacre to convince people to vote you the #1 non-Capone gangster of Chicago. (Party Plane Jones, thank you for distracting me from this madness.)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

evilweasel posted:

ok this convo between johnson and mcconnell is looking stranger and stranger what the gently caress is going on

Is there video?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I think even if McCain votes no, he does it with the knowledge that it doesn't matter because it's a tie vote that Pence breaks.

If that happens, I don't buy it. I could see him or someone else horsetrading their no vote for his yes vote just so he can look *~~principled~~*

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Ron Johnson is firmly in team "compromise is not evil enough", so not voting on MTP would be weird.

He also already announced that this is his last term, so no one has political leverage over him.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

Is there video?

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/watch-live-senate-vote-health-care/

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Maybe Johnson just wants to make 100% sure whether he's supposed to vote "yes " or "no." Doesn't want to get it wrong by accident!

That or it's some sort of "do we want McCain to be #50" thing.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Pollyanna posted:

Is there video?

It's on C-SPAN. They're still talking

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Pollyanna posted:

Is there video?

https://www.c-span.org/video/?431793-101/us-senate-procedural-vote-advance-health-care-bill-underway

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

Why are you certain the conference bill will pass the house and senate when the Senate has failed to pass any bill that's allowed an iota of daylight?

Because there are legacies, particularly McConnell's, on the line here, not the mention the millions of donor dollars and the threat of primaries for those who don't bow. This is the hill to die on for them.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Handsome Ralph posted:

I think even if McCain votes no, he does it with the knowledge that it doesn't matter because it's a tie vote that Pence breaks.

If that happens, I don't buy it. I could see him or someone else horsetrading their no vote for his yes vote just so he can look *~~principled~~*

He's already said he votes yes on all procedural votes, but a no vote would mean there isn't a tie and Pence couldn't break it.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Handsome Ralph posted:

We've already got two Republican Nos, so any further No vote kills it.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Handsome Ralph posted:

If McCain votes no, the bill is dead. They can't afford another defection, they need both Johnson and McCain for MTP.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Handsome Ralph posted:

If he votes no, it's gonna be 51 nays. Murkowski + Collins + McCain + 48 dems.

Efb

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Beat

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Pollyanna posted:

Is there video?

Its just two old white guys talking.

The strange part is that they're talking instead of Johnson voting.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Johnson just trying to see what he can get out of McConnell before he hits the "YES"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mccain is a yes, but there is a like 2% chance johnson (who hates mcconnell for leaving him for dead in 2016 and giving him no help) is about to gently caress mcconnell as hard as humanly possible

it's not going to happen, but there is a chance

• Locked thread