Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kurieg posted:

It's a kiss camera.

*googles*
... the gently caress is wrong with you, North America?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
One of my favorites. The Red Wings were the visitors in this one.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf6CZegzYg8
Loss prevention dude makes a stop at Wal Mart, and is wrong.
Lady is pissed as hell and makes him look really stupid.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

SinineSiil posted:

I thought so as well, but that's way too short for what he seems to say.
In case you're serious and this isn't some weird gimmick: He says "She's my mom" twice.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

canyoneer posted:

That's fantastic

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

canyoneer posted:

It's amazing that Walmart has their loss prevention actually stop people, something similar happened to a friend of mine, but they didn't record it. In my retail days we were specifically told to not accost anyone like that.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Iron Crowned posted:

It's amazing that Walmart has their loss prevention actually stop people, something similar happened to a friend of mine, but they didn't record it. In my retail days we were specifically told to not accost anyone like that.

Huge variance by state on what they're allowed to do, as I found out when one of these came up before. My experience is similar to yours, but some states let loss prevention people go loving nuts.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

SpacePig posted:

One of my favorites. The Red Wings were the visitors in this one.

Thank you for this. :hfive:

I'll save you, human!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

I love how grossed out she is when it sets in.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

MisterBibs posted:

I love how grossed out she is when it sets in.

Well yeah nobody likes how they look on camera from below

Especially when looking down :reject:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Basebf555 posted:

That woman looks pretty good for having a son that age. I'd have totally believed she was his girlfriend/wife.

I think it's more that he is aging terribly.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

canyoneer posted:

Pro-tip if you ever find yourself in this situation: Wheel your cart over to customer service and return every single thing that you bought.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Iron Crowned posted:

I've only had this happen to me once here in Ontario... a dude approached and said "can I see your receipt, sir?" I just said "no thanks" and kept walking. He looked pissed but didn't try to stop me - I don't think they can hold you unless they have actual evidence of stealing.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

canyoneer posted:

Oof. Poor guy has his name all over social media for acting like an rear end in a top hat at his lovely probably nearly minimum wage job.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

ElGroucho posted:

I think it's more that he is aging terribly.

He looks like he's gotta be 30, which would make her like 50ish or even possibly a bit older. I mean, if she's only like 40 and he's barely 20 then yea he's gotta make some life changes jeez.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Eh, doesn't seem like he wasn't particularly nasty, he just made a mistake.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Oof. Poor guy has his name all over social media for acting like an rear end in a top hat at his lovely probably nearly minimum wage job.

It's a lovely job, but that doesn't excuse being a poo poo.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Sunswipe posted:

Yeah, it kinda does, it doesn't excuse being an uppity arsehole, but it sure does excuse being poo poo.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Ideally you shouldn't stop someone and publicly accuse them of stealing unless you really followed them every step of the way and saw them walk through the checkout area without paying, with something in their possession that you saw them take with your own eyes(or on camera).

Loss prevention people have to justify their own jobs just like everyone else though, so I assume that pressure leads them to go off half cocked or accuse people based on bullshit hunches. Companies get rid of loss prevention employees all the time if the numbers aren't going in the right direction.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

The senate just voted to proceed with the debate to repeal Obamacare

I mean I don't take pleasure in any part of this but apparently at least 50 Republicans + Pence do.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.
The Schad is on the American people (and SCOTUS), holdout senator gets scolded over the phone by two gambling titans, suddenly changes his mind.

https://twitter.com/asmith83/status/889912406780129280

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Sunswipe posted:

I agree. The guy was a complete rear end in a top hat but the idea of a social media backlash hitting the minimum wage guy really sucks... If it hit walmart in any meaningful way it'd be great though.

Scruff McGruff posted:

The Schad is on the American people (and SCOTUS), holdout senator gets scolded over the phone by two gambling titans, suddenly changes his mind.

Drain the swamp! Drain the swamp!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Geocities Homepage King posted:

I agree. The guy was a complete rear end in a top hat but the idea of a social media backlash hitting the minimum wage guy really sucks... If it hit walmart in any meaningful way it'd be great though.

witch hunts are back in full force, for better or for worse

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007

dumb. posted:

I've only had this happen to me once here in Ontario... a dude approached and said "can I see your receipt, sir?" I just said "no thanks" and kept walking. He looked pissed but didn't try to stop me - I don't think they can hold you unless they have actual evidence of stealing.

No, but if they really think you stole, they can call the cops on you. They're dumb to do that unless they actually witnessed it, though.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

BrianBoitano posted:

The senate just voted to proceed with the debate to repeal Obamacare

I mean I don't take pleasure in any part of this but apparently at least 50 Republicans + Pence do.

Part of me hopes the repeal does go through just so the American people can see what a moron Cheeto Mussolini and his mob are, then hopefully vote them out in 2018/2020, because even though I'm a foreigner the actions of America can be felt all over the drat world.

Then I realize I'm hoping that 200+ million people are condemned to suffer and I just feel like absolute poo poo :(

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

CommissarMega posted:

Part of me hopes the repeal does go through just so the American people can see what a moron Cheeto Mussolini and his mob are, then hopefully vote them out in 2018/2020, because even though I'm a foreigner the actions of America can be felt all over the drat world.

Then I realize I'm hoping that 200+ million people are condemned to suffer and I just feel like absolute poo poo :(

we are all in a state of shock and embarrassment at his actions

fully shamed

the electoral college gave us Bush 2 and Trombapoline against the will of the majority of voters

and we are deeply sorry to the world for it

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

CommissarMega posted:

ehh many of those people are all for "population cleansing" themselves, they just assume they'd be in the winning end of that equation. If that is what it took to get us back on track, though....

that said, the real issue with this train of thought it that nope, people absolutely do not learn no matter how ugly it gets

they just turn around and find a scapegoat for their stupidity (some type of societal minority tends to do the trick just fine), history is rife with examples of this

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

KingSlime posted:

ehh many of those people are all for "population cleansing" themselves, they just assume they'd be in the winning end of that equation. If that is what it took to get us back on track, though....

that said, the real issue with this train of thought it that nope, people absolutely do not learn no matter how ugly it gets

they just turn around and find a scapegoat for their stupidity (some type of societal minority tend to do the trick just fine), history is rife with examples of this

Yeah, the GOP is nothing if not proficient at finding a scapegoat to get people to punch down at. They'll find a way to blame welfare queens, Obama, anything else and their supporters will eat it up as they lay dying from treatable illnesses that they can't afford to cure.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

KingSlime posted:

they just turn around and find a scapegoat for their stupidity (some type of societal minority tends to do the trick just fine), history is rife with examples of this

the only people who voted for trompe are old, sick, racist and misogynist mid and/or southwesterners and floridians

they're gradually catching on that they're hosed when medicaid/medicare disappear for a trillions on a useless wall and our equally useless military spending projects

but it's too late now

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

syscall girl posted:

fully shamed

the electoral college gave us Bush 2 and Trombapoline against the will of the majority of voters

"We are all". Yeah. 2020 will have like 40% voter turnout again because we're all so deeply embarrassed by this.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Azhais posted:

"We are all". Yeah. 2020 will have like 40% voter turnout again because we're all so deeply embarrassed by this.

fml

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

KingSlime posted:

As LBJ said, "Convince the lowest white man he's better than the best black man and he'll gladly open his pocket book for you."

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Twistershift posted:

No, but if they really think you stole, they can call the cops on you. They're dumb to do that unless they actually witnessed it, though.

They're not allowed to physically keep you there, though.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

syscall girl posted:

fully shamed

We live in an age where certain people are pining for the simpler stupidity of GB2. It's almost insane.

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

They're not allowed to physically keep you there, though.

I think it varies by state, but I think normal protocol is supposed to be either get them to volunteer to put it back, or call the cops when they leave. I can't watch the video with sound at work, and the auto subtitles are garbage. Can someone explain to me whether this guy had reason to believe the woman stole? Is this another race thing?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

:kimchi: Finding Nemo

My uncle had a dog that would do stuff like this when us kids were splashing in the pool. She would absolutely freak out that kids were flopping around in the water and always be convinced we were drowning. She was a good dog :3:

Panfilo has a new favorite as of 20:52 on Jul 25, 2017

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Scruff McGruff posted:

The rear end in a top hat referenced in this tweet is my senator. We never stood a chance:

https://twitter.com/VaughnHillyard/status/889602204826562564

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Panfilo posted:

:kimchi: Finding Nemo

My uncle had a dog that would do stuff like this when us kids were splashing in the pool. She would absolutely freak out that kids were flopping around in the water and always be convinced we were drowning. She was a good dog :3:
golden retriever?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

SpacePig posted:

I think it varies by state, but I think normal protocol is supposed to be either get them to volunteer to put it back, or call the cops when they leave. I can't watch the video with sound at work, and the auto subtitles are garbage. Can someone explain to me whether this guy had reason to believe the woman stole? Is this another race thing?

We really don't see the beginning of the conversation as you can tell she pulled out her phone after this guy stopped her. He seems to think she has a toy in her cart that is worth $15, but doesn't see anything on the receipt for that much. The toy is discounted to $7 with a price label saying as much. He says he looked it up and when he actual does scan the item he says it's $15, but sheepishly "gives up" and tells her to leave after she calls him out.

Dude lost all his remaining dignity because of $8. Such is the retail life.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Panfilo posted:

Yeah, but a dog doing that to me when I was 6 made me terrified of dogs for awhile. A lab leaped on my back and clawing the poo poo out of it and I wasn't expecting it at all, so I ended up panicking, inhaled some water, and generally thought I was dying. Looking back, she was just being a good dog, but I'd rather have not been scared of dogs for several years instead. :( Being bitten when I was about 3 didn't help either, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

syscall girl posted:

the only people who voted for trompe are old, sick, racist and misogynist mid and/or southwesterners and floridians

they're gradually catching on that they're hosed when medicaid/medicare disappear for a trillions on a useless wall and our equally useless military spending projects

but it's too late now

I doubt it. The alt-right isn't going away and is steadily getting older.

The future of the GOP is probably less religious, but they're no less racist, sexist, and FYGM/HENRY.