Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Bogart posted:

Hey buds. My Switch won't charge or dock to display out to my TV anymore. How do I fix? :(

Did it get unplugged from the wall/surge protector? My plug loses connection from the slightest amount of jostling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
I've been having some issues connecting with a certain friend during our lunchtime Splatoon Salmon Runs, has anyone else had constant Local Play connection issues and maybe a way to solve it?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Real hurthling! posted:

is that omega force? dqh runs kinda like butt on switch so I hope they figure it out

It's Marvelous proper, and also, it's a port of a Vita game, so it'll run fine.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bogart posted:

Hey buds. My Switch won't charge or dock to display out to my TV anymore. How do I fix? :(

Do you know anyone else with one and have you tried their dock? Have you tried plugging directly into the usb-c cable?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

tap my mountain posted:

Did it get unplugged from the wall/surge protector? My plug loses connection from the slightest amount of jostling.

That was it! Cheers, all.

also Al Borland Corp. has a great avatar.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Takoluka posted:

It's closer to being a port of the ps4 version

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

El Burbo posted:

It's closer to being a port of the ps4 version

The PS4 version is a port of the Vita version.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Fancy Hat! posted:

I've been having some issues connecting with a certain friend during our lunchtime Splatoon Salmon Runs, has anyone else had constant Local Play connection issues and maybe a way to solve it?

Wear tinfoil gloves so your hamds act as antennas

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Takoluka posted:

The PS4 version is a port of the Vita version.

The ps4 version (and switch version) runs at 60fps and has more enemies on screen, as well as slightly upgraded graphics. Also they were released at the same time so neither is a port of the other

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

El Burbo posted:

The ps4 version (and switch version) runs at 60fps and has more enemies on screen, as well as slightly upgraded graphics. Also they were released at the same time so neither is a port of the other

Breath of the Wild?????

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Takoluka posted:

Breath of the Wild?????

Nah, Smash 4 would be a more accurate comparison of simultaneous development, despite the staggered release

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

is that omega force? dqh runs kinda like butt on switch so I hope they figure it out

No, done in their style but developed by Marvelous who have a decent track record of making good Vita ports so hopefully Switch will be fine. It's hardly a graphically intense game anyway.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Takoluka posted:

So was dqh, which runs smoother on vita than switch (with obviously lower qual textures etc of course but still)

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
The 1080p patch for Minecraft is apparently such a big event that it produced an article in Time magazine.

TIME posted:

We Just Learned How Minecraft Can Do 1080p on the Nintendo Switch

[...]

"We did spend some time analyzing our GPU usage and optimizing things before we did this move as well," he says. "We needed to spend some time looking at the fill rate and being more careful with that, just because of the number of pixels in 1080p. We kind of knew we could do the optimization and we would get there with the performance. But yeah, ultimately, the fundamental problem was switching resolution."

More specifically, switching the user interface at different resolutions. Reavy tells me the user interface on each of the console versions — besides the Switch, they include the PlayStation 3 and 4, PS Vita, Xbox 360 and One, and the Wii U — have custom user interfaces. "Every interface seam is handcrafted by our art team to suit the exact resolution of the console it's on," says Reavy. Everything through May ran at a fixed resolution. But when the Switch arrived, 4J Studios had to grapple with its signature feature: transitioning dynamically between different resolutions without hiccups or pauses.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

a7m2 posted:

It's fine with a controller on the PC. I love just sitting back on the couch to play it.
The fact that the first 40 hours of the game is basically a ticking clock that you have to complete a bunch of stuff during I was always struggling to min/max my time and efficiency. If I were doing a second play though I might be fine with casual controller style, but first time through I always felt like I had to be quick.

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

Real hurthling! posted:

hopefully not in blurry 720p on my 4k screen

Only reason it's blurry is because most TVs don't support integer scaling.

Except some Pana's and Sonys and then they only interger scale at 1080p.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
It's your own fault if you buy a 4k tv

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Bill Barber posted:

The fact that the first 40 hours of the game is basically a ticking clock that you have to complete a bunch of stuff during I was always struggling to min/max my time and efficiency. If I were doing a second play though I might be fine with casual controller style, but first time through I always felt like I had to be quick.

that is the exact wrong way to play the game fwiw

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know if I can do stardew on switch because there are some QoL mods that make small changes which make a huge difference

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I can actually, and will, do Stardew on the Switch. In fact... when can I?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I can actually, and will, do Stardew on the Switch. In fact... when can I?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dr. Tim please don't do anything extreme when Stardew finally comes out and you realize it's a totally mediocre game

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
I dont get people who play sims like that and animal crossing. Go actually do that poo poo in real life.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

GoldfishStew posted:

I dont get people who play sims like that and animal crossing. Go actually do that poo poo in real life.

Uh people in real life are mostly terrible and not cute little animal people who will give me furniture because I gave their friend an apple?

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer

GoldfishStew posted:

Well if more playing means less shitposting....

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Yes let me spend hours decorating a house.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

GoldfishStew posted:

I work construction.
I love Sims and Stardew Valley.
I have no desire to drown my neighbor in their pool or bring a farm my dead grandfather left me back to life.

It's almost as if people enjoy the incremental progress of games like those because it gives them a sense of order in a chaotic world.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Uh people in real life are mostly terrible and not cute little animal people who will give me furniture because I gave their friend an apple?

Also they don't own anime farms

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol if you dont like stardew valley

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Yeah it was a dumb judgmental post. I don't have fun with those games but if you find it fun, that's great. It was a shitpost. Sorry.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

enojy posted:

Dr. Tim please don't do anything extreme when Stardew finally comes out and you realize it's a totally mediocre game

That will be a dark day, a craven day.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GoldfishStew posted:

Yeah it was a dumb judgmental post. I don't have fun with those games but if you find it fun, that's great. It was a shitpost. Sorry.

you dont have to apologize bud

im kidding

its ok to not like it

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Square Enix have released a new trailer for Lost Sphear, and announced its release date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k-PKdfIAzg

It's coming on October 12th in Japan, and January 23rd 2018 in the West. It'll cost 5 800 Yen in Japan, it'll be getting both an eShop and Retail release. In the West, the Retail release will only be available through SE's online store, but you get some pre-order bonuses with it.

I feel like you could easily order like 10 of these and store them away if the western is going to get a website-only release and sell them for a profit.

incoherent fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 26, 2017

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

You could have showed me that trailer back in 2002. It looks like a very by the numbers jrpg

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Where is octopath?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

GoldfishStew posted:

I would think a guy who has sex with a doll would be more open to the idea that others also like to do stuff that doesn't involve the real thing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Cartoon Man posted:

https://youtu.be/aJ7zR-M7ICw

GOT loving Y

Get your poo poo together Nintendo and release GOTY right the gently caress now!

Are you joking? I don't understand why you're so excited for a by the numbers golf game that looks like it takes all the golf out. Push a button and get a hole in one? That looks terrible.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Cartoon Man posted:

https://youtu.be/aJ7zR-M7ICw

GOT loving Y

Get your poo poo together Nintendo and release GOTY right the gently caress now!

:thinking:

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Infinite mini golf has a very 3D Ultra Minigolf vibe to it, which I like. Hit a ball into an anaconda's mouth and get a hole in one is what minigolf should be about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
The only golf game you should be excited about is that one that has RPG elements and kinda looks like an amped up Mario Golf: Advance Tour.

• Locked thread