Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Diva Cupcake posted:

He wins trophies though.

*has won

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

:smuggo:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
So he inherrited a once in a generation team and left them hosed forever, then he took the most exciting team in world football and made them boring, then he spent 50m on Kyle Walker

At what point do we realise pep is a chancer propped up by luck, circumstances and bent governing bodies

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Byolante posted:

So he inherrited a once in a generation team and left them hosed forever, then he took the most exciting team in world football and made them boring, then he spent 50m on Kyle Walker

At what point do we realise pep is a chancer propped up by luck, circumstances and bent governing bodies

Not really fair to say he left Barca hosed forever tbh.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I don't think he really wants to manage, he just keeps getting thrown monstrous sums of money to take over teams that are already capable of winning trophies without any changes.

Then he goes and makes changes and welp.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Pep has had to completely rebuild the City defence to be fair. It was falling apart, full of ageing players and permacrocks. I'm not saying he necessarily had to go out and spend £50m of Kyle Walker but there was certainly a need to splash out.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm more baffled by them paying £25m for someone who is ostensibly going to be a backup.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

pik_d posted:

Plus where would they literally put it? They'd have to tear down the old one and put in a new one that's somehow larger capacity without taking up more space.

Qatar. They'd literally put it in Qatar. You know, like MK Dons, but not as bad.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Shrapnig posted:

I'm more baffled by them paying £25m for someone who is ostensibly going to be a backup.

The money means nothing to these teams/owners. Every top team will have to do this now, otherwise their backups will go for just as much money to start for Everton/Southampton/etc.

And was Lindelof meant to go straight into the first team?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ostensibly yes because Smalling and Jones have been shocking, Blind isn't a centerhalf, and Rojo is broken until the autumn.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

So what happened

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
The PSG press conference was a normal part of their US tour it looks like.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

pik_d posted:

The money means nothing to these teams/owners. Every top team will have to do this now, otherwise their backups will go for just as much money to start for Everton/Southampton/etc.

And was Lindelof meant to go straight into the first team?

No, we just wanted our own clown at CB for laughs :D

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Is Abramovich ever going to go mental again, or is it just going to be United and City throwing stupid money at things from now on?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Chelsea are the most sensible, well-planned and fiscally responsible of the rich clubs, if that doesn't show how mental the transfer window is now I don't know what does.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Is Abramovich ever going to go mental again, or is it just going to be United and City throwing stupid money at things from now on?

Aside from hoarding young players and loaning them for tax evasion purposes, they seem to be pretty conservative these days.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Doubtful. He's laundered all his money.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

alan pardew could have won trophies if he had the teams pep has had

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
:ese:

https://twitter.com/footbalifights/status/889904804016922626

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Lmao our little Mexican pace man

Also I had totally missed Chicharito to West Ham. Thassa good signing for them imo.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
west ham have made some decent signings, arnatauvic and chicharito could be a real good big man little man combo

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Keita's lashing out, best to just let him go imho

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/footage-of-liverpool-targets-training-ground-foul-has-emerged-135110

but that was pretty nasty

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Coutinho has apparently agreed to terms with Barca, though no deal has been struck between the clubs.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Bild are the German equivalent of the Sunday Sport aren't they?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
newcastle are signing someone called mikel merino from dortmund

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

newcastle are signing someone called mikel merino from dortmund

I've definitely heard of him

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Always liked the lad

any dortmund bench watchers know if he's any good??????

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I'm pretty sure Moses, Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Luiz, Cahill, Christensen, Alonso, Courtois and Caballero cost less total than Kyle Walker and John Stones combined.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

kcer posted:

Always liked the lad

any dortmund bench watchers know if he's any good??????

hes definitely bigly good

80 ball control and 81 short passing
phwoarr

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Koeman said Barkley is leaving Everton. The real question is who will want him.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
look at that growth, buy buy buy

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Still nothing sorted with PSG and Neymar?

Fellaini should break Neymar's leg in tonight's Man Utd vs Barca friendly imho, imagine the uproar and laughs ftw :black101:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

blue footed boobie posted:

Koeman said Barkley is leaving Everton. The real question is who will want him.

He keeps getting linked to Spurs

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

PirateBob posted:

Still nothing sorted with PSG and Neymar?

Fellaini should break Neymar's leg in tonight's Man Utd vs Barca friendly imho, imagine the uproar and laughs ftw :black101:

That wouldn't be very funny at all m8.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I'd like to see neymar be thrown into the sea tbh

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Actually that would be bad because Neymar going to PSG will mean they sell Veratti to United and also Real will poo poo themselves for no reason and buy Mbappe for three billion euros or whatever and then Bale will come and play left midfield/wing-back. Perisic and Matic are smokescreens.

It's nailed on imo

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

sebzilla posted:

Actually that would be bad because Neymar going to PSG will mean they sell Veratti to United and also Real will poo poo themselves for no reason and buy Mbappe for three billion euros or whatever and then Bale will come and play left midfield/wing-back. Perisic and Matic are smokescreens.

It's nailed on imo

Verratti will come home to Milan.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

That wouldn't be very funny at all m8.

The hapless toilet brush man destroying a €222m transfer, a deal worth half a billion euros in total? Not funny in the least? :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Neymar is a beautiful football who lights up the game

• Locked thread