Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

jase1 posted:

To a casual mma fan none of this means anything to me. He is just a fun guy to watch lose as far as I'm concerned.

The odds will always be more in Travis Browne's favor than they should be, so you should continue to bet against him before he washes out of the UFC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Sorry about Omielanczuk. Bad fight.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
2k on Gastelum at -160

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

jase1 posted:

2k on Gastelum at -160

Nice!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
the early line on bisping / whittaker has bisping at nearly 3:1 underdog which is a good bet imo

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

the early line on bisping / whittaker has bisping at nearly 3:1 underdog which is a good bet imo

I think that's too close.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Nope.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

jase1 posted:

2k on Gastelum at -160

Back to your old ways.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

So what's the consensus on the Jon Jones fight? I'm for sure betting putting money on Lawler and might bet on the chick facing cyborg just because the odds are so tasty but my gut tells me to bet on jones but my hate for him makes me want to bet on Cormier

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

i would avoid it if you're not willing to bet on jones

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

jase1 posted:

So what's the consensus on the Jon Jones fight? I'm for sure betting putting money on Lawler and might bet on the chick facing cyborg just because the odds are so tasty but my gut tells me to bet on jones but my hate for him makes me want to bet on Cormier

Jones is obviously super great, but he's had one fight (?) post-USADA and looked like poo poo in it, and that's been his only fight in the last 2+ years. But he beat DC pretty clean last time, has a crazy reach advantage, and DC has only gotten older. i think Jones takes it 3 out of 4 times, but my gut says DC and I'd like that to happen, so this post is probably not very helpful.

if i bet, i would probably put money on DC anywhere up to like +200, but that's stretching it a ton given what I think is going to happen. a lot of betting sides are offering around there. what's your bookie giving you?

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

DC is +185

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I'm definitely going to take some action on DC at the end of the week.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Jones is a loving monster. If I was going to bet that fight I would bet him but

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Betting on DC is the moral choice

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Charles Gnarwin posted:

At 1ks of dollars gently caress morals. I think the smart bet is not betting on this one but I hope I am wrong.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Why is betting on the uncool dingus the moral choice? Bet on the entertainer.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
He's uncool

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

was thinking of putting a couple hundred on cerrone +135... is this massively stupid?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i believe dc will probably win .. jones' explaination for his last performance where he looked very uncoordinated and slow was a long layoff of about a year or so. but he's had an even longer layoff going into this fight. and dc is a lot better than ovince st preux, plus he was landing a lot of hard shots in their first fight despite his short reach so it wasnt so one sided as people may think

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

MassRafTer posted:

Why is betting on the uncool dingus the moral choice? Bet on the entertainer.

1) Bible verse tattoos suck
2) Ramming a pregnant lady with your car is lovely
3) Popeye's is the best chicken chain

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

my bitter bi rival posted:

was thinking of putting a couple hundred on cerrone +135... is this massively stupid?

It's not massively stupid because they're both getting up there in age and have been fighting forever. They both have a ton of wear on them and Cerrone had to pull out for some injuries so who knows how bad it was and how well it healed. Anyway, as far as betting on MMA goes, that's about in the middle so you're good.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Lawler hasn't fought since getting knocked out by Woodley a year ago and had a bunch of insane wars before that. It is possible that he is shot.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

I'm only betting on Lawyer because he has won me a shitload of money so it's not real sound betting advice. Then again nothing I bet on in MMA is based on smart thinking it's all a crapshoot.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

jase1 posted:

I'm only betting on Lawyer because he has won me a shitload of money so it's not real sound betting advice. Then again nothing I bet on in MMA is based on smart thinking it's all a crapshoot.

Walk with Crom jase1

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I believe in Coleman

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I.N.R.I posted:

i believe dc will probably win .. jones' explaination for his last performance where he looked very uncoordinated and slow was a long layoff of about a year or so. but he's had an even longer layoff going into this fight. and dc is a lot better than ovince st preux, plus he was landing a lot of hard shots in their first fight despite his short reach so it wasnt so one sided as people may think

I berieve

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

The D.C. Bet is good if you think Jons will have ring rust and also wont be fighting on steroids.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

If if if

edit: if in one hand. poo poo in the other. Don't bet on MMA.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Nah you just gotta see what most people here are betting on and pick the opposite

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Lloyd Boner posted:

Nah you just gotta see what most people here are betting on and pick the opposite

Pretty sage advice to bet against the public on most things. I had a really good track record of looking for games where 80+% of the money was on one side and betting the opposite.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i'll bet on jon and root for dc. i either recoup my beer and lunch or i pay money to the mma gambling gods to live in a world where jon admits to having a problem vis a vis limp dick in order to get bashed up by dc.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
do bet on mma

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Skip My Posts posted:

do bet on mma

Oh man. What was I thinking?

Yes do bet on mma.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

...and the pitch! posted:

If if if

edit: if in one hand. poo poo in the other. Don't bet on MMA.

Pussy

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Gambling is cool

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I am Otis posted:

Gambling is cool

Chicks dig it. This is known a priori.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

My wife is way out of my league so it's worked for me!

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

JaySB posted:

Pretty sage advice to bet against the public on most things. I had a really good track record of looking for games where 80+% of the money was on one side and betting the opposite.
How do you determine that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Grifter posted:

How do you determine that?

Typically VegasInsider.com