Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
There's no reraise in this game that I've just been missing, is there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

meiram posted:

There's no reraise in this game that I've just been missing, is there?

Pomander of Raising in Palace of the Dead is the only one.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I was running Kugane with FC mates and we decided to ignore gold to see what kind of wipe happens. There's exactly 100 gold between both gold phases and letting him get 100 doesn't even wipe you. It does a truck ton of damage and left us all at like be 2k HP but that was it. It was super disappointing.

Clearly the guy should of told Yojimbo "I want to slay powerful enemies" when he hired him.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Is Yojimbo a primal? I was pretty sure he wasn't.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SonicRulez posted:

I think he was just some dude who liked money

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

SonicRulez posted:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Yojimbo_(summon)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

I mean, he was an aeon in FFX but I don't think he was a primal in FFXIV

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Dude's like twelve feet tall, though. I'm not sure he's just some dude.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Velthice posted:

new chest piece is good. now I can raid log the rest of the week

Which chest is that? That is a very excellent gpose.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Rainuwastaken posted:

Dude's like twelve feet tall, though. I'm not sure he's just some dude.

there are some primo examples of Very Tall Dudes in this game

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Yojimbo is an ex-member of the Heavensward who got too weeaboo for their tastes

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Reraise would be a cool tank invincible.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Rascyc posted:

Which chest is that? That is a very excellent gpose.

Looks like the Lost Allagan one, from the new tomestones.

Wangsbig posted:

there are some primo examples of Very Tall Dudes in this game

Yeah okay, I kind of forgot about the inexplicably huge dudes in Crystal Tower and such. As far as normal humans go though, I can't think of any outside of the Heaven's Ward, and even then they're only tall when hopped up on primal juice.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Rainuwastaken posted:

Yeah okay, I kind of forgot about the inexplicably huge dudes in Crystal Tower and such. As far as normal humans go though, I can't think of any outside of the Heaven's Ward, and even then they're only tall when hopped up on primal juice.

The inexplicably huge dudes in CT are basically Alagan supersoldiers enhanced by aether drained from Sephirot. The emperor and his top men all got juiced, so they're kinda like the Heavensward in that regard.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
I get this funny feeling like there is a lot of odd stuff in Othard and we have not yet scratched the surface of any of it.

My going theory is that 5.0 is going to be mainly focused on Othard and Thavanaria, in the areas that got uncovered on the map but were not visited.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
I just figured 14's Yojimbo was a Roe wearing some extra-bulky armor. It's not like there aren't plenty of Othard-native roe samurai.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'd be willing to bet that 5.0 will be Thavnair. Fantasy India would be really cool.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

I'd be willing to bet that 5.0 will be Thavnair. Fantasy India would be really cool.

It'll only be a part of whatever expansion it's in, you can see it on the world map now and it's maybe the size of Ala Mhigo or Doma alone.

Hunter Noventa fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 25, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hunter Noventa posted:

It'll only be a part of whatever expansion it's in, you can see it ont he world map now and it's maybe the size of Ala Mhigo or Doma alone.

To be fair that doesn't necessarily mean much. It could be a small land and have underground lali-ho dwarf cities or something.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Our EU goon static forgot to get an O1S killshot last week so here's ours from this week with our two new recruits:

(Rom is hiding behind his staff)

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Gearhead posted:

I get this funny feeling like there is a lot of odd stuff in Othard and we have not yet scratched the surface of any of it.

My going theory is that 5.0 is going to be mainly focused on Othard and Thavanaria, in the areas that got uncovered on the map but were not visited.

I just want to know what's going on with the giant sandworm dessert in the southwest of Othard.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Thundarr posted:

I just want to know what's going on with the giant sandworm dessert in the southwest of Othard.

It's a desert. It's probably terrible.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Thundarr posted:

I know right?

The stuff I've circled are areas we didn't go to at ALL in 4.0 that were uncovered when we left for Othard. Technically there's a bit west of Doma proper we didn't visit that is More Doma and some more of the Steppes we didn't go to that is More Steppes.

And then, over in the west, we can now see Sharlayan and the home islands of the Sea Wolves.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It definitely says "The Ruby Tide" where the Ruby Sea should be

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
Please stop talking about deserts in Final Fantasy games, you're giving me flashbacks to the Sandseas in FF XII. Rusty oil rigs and unavoidable trash for days and days.

Anyways, we should go to Sharlayan next expansion, and beat them up for being jerks in the Astrologian questline and in general.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
There are still a number if places in ARR and HW zones that they can expand upon, like the northern blocked off doors in North Shroud, the Allagan machinery in the crater in Coerthas central, or the building separated by mountain range west of Talifeather.

I wouldn't mind introducing new content in old zones.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
With Omega having been unleashed, the old justifications for the PvP zones is TECHNICALLY gone. We could totally do something now with the Flats and have the place be a war gaming zone for training for the Grand Companies in anticipation of invasion or to simply keep in fighting trim.

I would not be against an expansion devoted to digging through the lost corners of the world.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

It definitely says "The Ruby Tide" where the Ruby Sea should be

Yeah, it was obviously changed somewhat late in development. I dunno if they've fixed it by now but there are/were a bunch of fish with descriptions mentioning the Ruby Tide.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
How long until my Emerald Weapon primal SE??

Please make it kill anyone with materia attached I'd laugh until I cried

LunarEmerald
Oct 8, 2014

FisheyStix posted:

How long until my Emerald Weapon primal SE??

Please make it kill anyone with materia attached I'd laugh until I cried

1000 damage per materia melded.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Gearhead posted:

I know right?

The stuff I've circled are areas we didn't go to at ALL in 4.0 that were uncovered when we left for Othard. Technically there's a bit west of Doma proper we didn't visit that is More Doma and some more of the Steppes we didn't go to that is More Steppes.

And then, over in the west, we can now see Sharlayan and the home islands of the Sea Wolves.

It's a bit ambitious of a thought, but I get the feeling the rest of Othard and, especially, Koshu might become available with the 4.1+ content. The Four Symbols are ripe for being the remaining Kami/Primals. Old Sharlayan and Thavnair/Radz-at-Han are likely just uncovered because we have a lot of in-game lore available now about these places thanks to various quests like relics/anima and the Astrologian lines.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jul 26, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gearhead posted:

I know right?

There's also Pagl'than, which is the region east of Thanalan and south of the Shroud.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

solo queue. not cherry picked. i don't even know what i'm doing on bard! just hit all my buttons at random and watch the kills roll in.

ice. not even once.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i literally don't remember hitting ice, i think i may have winged one with a terminal velocity or something idk

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Reiterpallasch posted:

solo queue. not cherry picked. i don't even know what i'm doing on bard! just hit all my buttons at random and watch the kills roll in.

Yes, that's about how PvP BRD works currently. Look at things, they die. I don't know how they've been so consistently overtuned for ages.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Did they patch out the "optimal range" whatever stuff, for ranged dps?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I know I shouldn't be super irritated by it but I'm upset that you can't solo heal Lakshmi (or you can, but it's super difficult)

solo healing susano's not nearly as bad, and that's almost entirely due to there not being any healer-specific mechanics

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

TheRagamuffin posted:

Did they patch out the "optimal range" whatever stuff, for ranged dps?

Yeah. The downside to playing ranged DPS now is that you're squishier than anyone else due to the HP tiering.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
literally bard in pvp, for like twenty patches:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPx-0qDRroU&t=88s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Reiterpallasch posted:

ice. not even once.

been fighting the good fight for no ice as well, trying out SMN. I basically piano my way across the hotbars and people fall over. set up DoTs > Energy Drain > Fester > Ruin III > Energy Drain > DWT > instant Deathflare if I feel like it'll kill. just dropping a crapload of damage on one (probably already damaged) guy.

this consistently scores Fever, if not 12 kills