Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Son of Rodney posted:

I've never actually heard a definite answer to the following question: do people actually die when they need treatment and can't afford it? I mean, do doctors in america actually tell someone "there's a pill you can take / there's an operation we can do, but you're not insured, you need to go"? Because I've seen that in countless movies and it always seemed like something far-fetched that writers use to insert a bit of tension.

The answer, at least from a few personal anecdotes, I yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

bag em and tag em posted:

Every once in awhile theres a story about some poor person getting kicked to the curb but it usually generates so much uproar that it's rare.

mostly its just get treated, then be financially dead forever

That's actually very christian then, since jesus also healed the sick and told people to give away their wealth. What a good and god-fearing system.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I hope somebody got my Roy Cohn joke.

I didn't, but you just taught me that Joseph McCarthy's chief Counsel during the red scare later defended Donald Weed-Em-Out Trump when the Justice Department sued him for color coding rental applications, the same thing his dad was doing when Woodie Guthrie wrote "Old Man Trump".

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/889931220964003840

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Guys I swear, the modern Neoconservative movement TOTALLY isn't just a bunch of 4channers shitposting from their grandmothers' basement:

And by no means are these same people led by a disgraced, cuckolded WoW gold farmer who decided to capitalize on them.

No sir.

(Tag me I'm grandma's cat clock on the left)

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Hey, leave the Cat Clock out of this!

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I'm Grandma's wrought iron wall key thingy.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Goddamn that fat guy's beard is whispier than an ancient kung fu master's in a Shaw bros. flick.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

1redflag posted:

Hey, leave the Cat Clock out of this!

Obviously the cat clock has done nothing wrong. Hell, neither did Vegeta for that matter, but that won't stop 4chan from pretending everything is racist:

ruddiger posted:

Goddamn that fat guy's beard is whispier than an ancient kung fu master's in a Shaw bros. flick.

Pie Mei, arch tutor of the blade

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

I'm grandma's piece of poo poo grandson. Kekekekek *kills self*

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

ayayay

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
Kekistani men fretting over their masculinity. So they choose donald "just poo poo my pants" trump as their idol.

lol

Telephones fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 25, 2017

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
e whoops (lol)

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
who cares if it looks like a nazi flag its not or are you mad about it?

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

:catstare:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

nooneofconsequence posted:

There's also the fact people will ignore medical problems even when they can afford them. You put off something that seems minor because you can't pay and it can end up being too late when you do seek treatment.

e:

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/889944680686813185

Aw yes now THIS is what I call bigly

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

the lols are coming from inside the forums

lol

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

Should I really give a poo poo what happens to obamacare? I have no problem paying a little more in taxes so everyone could get good healthcare (in theory), but if poor and rich white people want to kill it then gently caress em.

Bad healthcare = population in poorer health and this is directly seen in consequential effects to workforce productivity, GDP, and a few other pretty important areas.

So if nothing else from a purely sociopathic point of view it behooves us all to have a healthy productive workforce but you know that requires some long term thinking and not immediate handouts to insurance companies.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Chinatown posted:

the lols are coming from inside the forums

lol

Rly makes you think

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
we are the internet offshoot of the orange retard cult and this is our not a nazi flag. it is green because of a frog cartoon

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

my new dog posted:

we are the internet offshoot of the orange retard cult and this is our not a nazi flag. it is green because of a frog cartoon

did you know that in world of warcraffffffaaaaaaaaaaarrrrttttttt

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bert Roberge posted:

Barron draws better than trump, though it's mostly blonde anime chicks with large breasts.

holy poo poo this is real. everything is real.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Same

Heffer
May 1, 2003

bag em and tag em posted:

Every once in awhile theres a story about some poor person getting kicked to the curb but it usually generates so much uproar that it's rare.

mostly its just get treated, then be financially dead forever

Life threatening emergencies don't get turned away, but say you walk in with a massive tooth infection that has you in constant pain. All they can give you are painkillers and antibiotics. Any long term treatment they can't do.

The documentary The Waiting Room was really good at showing why and how people end up in an Emergency Room.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

yellowD posted:

It's probably more frequently the receptionist. "I'm sorry, I can't schedule you until this past due balance of $58,000 is taken care of."

I can confirm that this is exactly what happens.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

COMRADES posted:

Bad healthcare = population in poorer health and this is directly seen in consequential effects to workforce productivity, GDP, and a few other pretty important areas.

So if nothing else from a purely sociopathic point of view it behooves us all to have a healthy productive workforce but you know that requires some long term thinking and not immediate handouts to insurance companies.

From known liberal rag Consumer Reports:
http://www.consumerreports.org/personal-bankruptcy/how-the-aca-drove-down-personal-bankruptcy/#chart

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

The Obamacare disaster

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Waffle House posted:

Guys I swear, the modern Neoconservative movement TOTALLY isn't just a bunch of 4channers shitposting from their grandmothers' basement:

And by no means are these same people led by a disgraced, cuckolded WoW gold farmer who decided to capitalize on them.

No sir.

(Tag me I'm grandma's cat clock on the left)

Christ, I can actually smell this image

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

really? are you having a stroke, or simply tripping?

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mono posted:

Clean your room.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

theperminator posted:

I wonder why some states are poorer

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can't let those workers take too much it's not fair.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

The Obamacare disaster

Good graphs go up, bad ones go down.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

COMRADES posted:

Can't let those workers take too much it's not fair.

Returning choice to the workers, work more without pay or don't and get fired.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's great that we have the freedom to choose which company to rent ourselves to in exchange for being able to survive.

:911:

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

mono posted:

Wipe better

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

mono posted:

Which, the almost resin-like smell of Grandma's house, or the odd BO/chicken tenders funk of a Strapping Yung Neoconservative?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Stoatbringer posted:

Good graphs go up, bad ones go down.

makes sense

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

McCain is a genuinely evil oval office. He doesn't need the lobbyist money or favors anymore and he doesn't have to worry about re-election. The only thing he is now accountable too is his consciousness. And it tells him to vote for an historically unpopular law that will massively decrease the quality of healthcare in the country, increase healthcare costs and all in exchange for minor tax cuts for the rich. He is sacrificing the wellbeing, productivity and future of the country out of loving sadism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

Losing Medicaid will hurt once everyone realizes their baby boomer parents have no savings and they suddenly become expensively sick.

I mean, this is the world they want to live in. It'd be cruel to not let our parents enjoy the full fruits of their voting record.

It'll suck for anyone whose folks DON'T do McCain impersonations each year in the voting booths, but I dunno anyone like that, so whatever.