Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Almighty Lord Roberts... someone of you bought me an Avatar. I am honored and disgusted at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

MoMA do you remember when the asset that is 100% not going to be in the game in 2017 and probably will never be flew over in a commercial?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Loxbourne posted:

Dare we hope?

Thread's getting good again.

Maybe I'm just jaded, but I can't get excited for it.

Even if it is bootcha. :negative:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Nicholas posted:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/302420/CryEngine_welcomes_Vulkan_API_support_to_latest_build.php

https://www.cryengine.com/news/cryengine-54-preview-released-today-including-over-620-improvements

Updates to Cryengine 5.4

this all sounds eeriley similar to the features CIG is currently trying to hack in to StarEngine. Come to think of it, since cryengine is now open source, I wouldn't be surprised if CIG isn't just trying to copy / past this into their codebase

This is, of course, good for already-forked Star Citizen

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

I will take one for the team AP and watch this.

I watched some of it. She's annoyed about delays but mainly that they aren't testing parts as they are built but waiting for a big release/media event. She also thinks the delta patcher is really important as she "could hold them to account" :gary:.

It's a combination of, isn't it all amazing even though I haven't logged in for months, goes off on a rant about something actually being poo poo then catches herself and talks about naysayers again.

She's so close to realising she's been lied to, but it's also kinda sad because she really thinks :lesnick: and the VP of marketing are her friends.

:lesnick: is having an operation on his eye again at the start of August, he's ill apparently.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

AP posted:

:lesnick: is having an operation on his eye again at the start of August, he's ill apparently.

I don't wish to be too ghoulish. But I'm absolutely shocked that :lesnick: continues to have health problems.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

AP posted:

She's so close to realising she's been lied to, but it's also kinda sad because she really thinks :lesnick: and the VP of marketing are her friends.

I've said this before, many times when I had access to CIG's website as a backer in an attempt to reason with fucktards,

"When you give a business money and invest in what they are doing, no matter how friendly they appear to be and how nicely they talk to you, they are not your friends and they have no intention of ever being your friends, they like your money and little else".

Needless to say, my reality slap was always met with "don't be dumb goonie, if CIG weren't our friends they wouldn't be giving us so much info...etc"

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Yeah, that's not very accurate. He should have said that the only people left are those wholly incapable of thought and the complete idiots.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Drunk Theory posted:

I don't wish to be too ghoulish. But I'm absolutely shocked that :lesnick: continues to have health problems.

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything, not directed at you but let's not go all weird again, I know people don't like him because of his size/whatever.

Personally, I just want to see how he reacts when it becomes obvious he spent years shamelessly lying to mentally ill idiots about limited edition fake spaceships.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Hav posted:

Yeah, at least you come away with a belt to go with the crippling feeling of inadequacy.

Belt. SA membership. It's really six of one, half a dozen of the other, at this point.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

AP posted:

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything, not directed at you but let's not go all weird again, I know people don't like him because of his size/whatever.

Personally, I just want to see how he reacts when it becomes obvious he spent years shamelessly lying to mentally ill idiots about limited edition fake spaceships.

Okay, I'm sorry, I don't want this thread to go on a tangent again

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

AP posted:

People don't like him because he's a oval office. It's got nothing to do with his size, that's just a convenient outlet for the animosity.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MUH FIDELITY

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/badjin_rank/status/889967121710686208

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
STAND BY

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

AP posted:

I'm glad his eye is dead.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Bootcha posted:

STAND BY

http://i.imgur.com/T3Ow1u0.gifv

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

I keep skipping hundreds of posts in this thread, and each time I read a few pages it just seems that they are no closer to having any actual gameplay. Can someone in the know let me know what actual gameplay mechanics have been released in the last 6 months or so? I've seen pretties, but nothing that suggests any meaningful progress towards creating something anyone would want to actually play. Weird.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7zMQnc8ZTg

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

cynic posted:

Can someone in the know let me know what actual gameplay mechanics have been released in the last 6 months or so?
Sure. Here's an exhaustive list:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

hey, microbes actually seem like a good focus for "exploration" if they ever figure out how to let people roam around on dead lifeless moons- having people pull samples from small algae patches and then feed them into an analysis computer seems like it would let you crank out a lot of bullshit, essentially text-based, procedural content in very short order

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

TWO WEEKS

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Things she's arrived at

1) The entire thing is being reworked for 3.0 essentially rendering the entire alpha process so far useless
2) Delta patcher still doesnt exist and its being used as an excuse by CIG to not actually do proper alpha testing of systems
3) CIG is marketing every single part of the alpha testing experience and not actually conducting any testing
4) No content has been released for nearly 8 months
5) This is all the fault of the Derek Smarts and naysayers of the world

This is the type of people still being bamboozled by CIG.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

cynic posted:

I keep skipping hundreds of posts in this thread, and each time I read a few pages it just seems that they are no closer to having any actual gameplay. Can someone in the know let me know what actual gameplay mechanics have been released in the last 6 months or so? I've seen pretties, but nothing that suggests any meaningful progress towards creating something anyone would want to actually play. Weird.

Zero, literally.

Wait, gameplay mechanics? I think it's been almost a year and a half on that. Does buying clothing count?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sappo569 posted:

Calling it marketing is a stretch

It's the laziest form I've ever seen

They don't even bother making commercials for the ship jpegs anymore , What ever happened to the not-clarkson shill ?

Not that I'm saying they should waste more time and effort and money on ship commercials. But at least it's better marketing than 'what ship will YOU fly in the verse commando?'

If it was a commercial it would be fine.

They are implying that in 2.0 the Idiris was released and is already in the game and it's sooo old hat to people now.

It would not surprise me at all if they just start working on Star Citizen 2: The Starening before ever completing an actual game the first time.

You'd see landslides of "sure got my money's worth there!" And "can't wait to be part of the next gen version!"

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Welcome back, spacefriend.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

:captainpop:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

AP posted:

I'm sure Sandi will be right there to "help" him.

lol, a grown man who has to take his childhood stuffed toy with him everywhere.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

:tviv: :munch:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

The Reddit thread linked in there makes me feel dizzy.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

LGD posted:

hey, microbes actually seem like a good focus for "exploration" if they ever figure out how to let people roam around on dead lifeless moons- having people pull samples from small algae patches and then feed them into an analysis computer seems like it would let you crank out a lot of bullshit, essentially text-based, procedural content in very short order

First you use your $800 space telescope to look at the planet and determine "Yes, there is in fact soil." Then it's a simple matter of hopping in your $250 shuttlecraft, cruising down seamlessly to the surface, clambering into your $75 science rover, and traveling the surface taking core samples. Make sure to time your button press right at the apex of the swing for the highest accuracy level - bad data doesn't sell! In this way, you can sort of live your dreams of being able to name a star or a jump point or something, in a much... smaller way.

Coming 2020.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Things she's arrived at

1) The entire thing is being reworked for 3.0 essentially rendering the entire alpha process so far useless
2) Delta patcher still doesnt exist and its being used as an excuse by CIG to not actually do proper alpha testing of systems
3) CIG is marketing every single part of the alpha testing experience and not actually conducting any testing
4) No content has been released for nearly 8 months
5) This is all the fault of the Derek Smarts and naysayers of the world

This is the type of people still being bamboozled by CIG.

lmao she actually says this

how dare you derek smart for not allowing CIG to publish a patch

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Nicholas posted:

TWO WEEKS

:smug: Called it.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Bootcha posted:

STAND BY

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Nicholas posted:

CIG's "progress" is the equivalent to scooping pails of water off the side of the Titanic.

Backers proclaim, "Look at how much water we've scooped out so far! Progress!" while the ship takes on even more water below deck and sinks further into the freezing abyss.

"You'd be a fool to get into a lifeboat now!"

Well now I feel dirty. I think I'm going to sink into bed and think about progress and the future. :sweatdrop:

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
Why is Sandi always giving Ben donuts? Is she trying to kill him?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I'm very excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
nvm