Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

I'm thinking like a 50mm f/1.8. A lot of what I shoot is portraits but I want to get more into night skies and the like where a wide rear end aperture is necessary.

I just got a f/1.8 50MM for my Sony A7, love the little thing. Although when I'm shooting cars it really really makes you work for angles and think about the framing of your shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

RIP

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yeah it sucks Lewis died and came back as a giant twatface. Real shame

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
:tinfoil: Renault's secret plan to have Big Bobby Kube race at Spa :tinfoil:

http://www.planetf1.com/news/renaults-secret-plan-to-race-kubica-at-spa/

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Die Palmer die

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

According to thejudge13 (so grain of salt etc) The Big Kube is faster than both the current Renault drivers in the simulator.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

1500quidporsche posted:

According to thejudge13 (so grain of salt etc) The Big Kube is faster than both the current Renault drivers in the simulator.

Yes but will his little arm hold up to two hours of actual racing?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I want to believe #littlearmlivesmatter

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Brainwrong posted:

Yes for gently caress sakes how much force do you think it takes to turn a f1 car at 150mph?

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Kubica is coming back then Fernando will join him and usher in a domination the likes of which have only been seen in my dreams.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

Kubica is coming back then Fernando will join him and usher in a domination the likes of which have only been seen in my dreams.

:cumpolice:

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Norns posted:

Yes for gently caress sakes how much force do you think it takes to turn a f1 car at 150mph?

About 1.7 Kubicans

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

In a Renault team managed by Flavio Briatore.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Brainwrong posted:

We'll find out when he hammers it round Hungary which is a notoriously tough track on the drivers. :getin:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Everyone in this thread is going to look quite silly once it's revealed that Kubica is actually replacing Hulkenberg as Renault's number 2 driver.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Norns posted:

Die Palmer die

no one who speaks German could be an evil poster.

Oh wait, this isn't the simpsons quote thread.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

poty posted:

Everyone in this thread is going to look quite silly once it's revealed that Kubica is actually replacing Hulkenberg as Renault's number 2 driver.

That would be amazing if that happened

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

poty posted:

I agree. Palmer will be booted out after Hungary for Alonso to prepare for a title challenge next year and give Big Kube more time to strengthen up that arm and replace Hulkenberg once the season ends.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

I agree. Palmer will be booted out after Hungary for Alonso to prepare for a title challenge next year and give Big Kube more time to strengthen up that arm and replace Hulkenberg once the season ends.

Phwoar. What a post.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/danielricciardo/status/889929817067589633

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Brainwrong posted:

About 1.7 Kubicarms

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

Holy poo poo, keep going, I'm...nearly...theeeeeere... :fap:

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Theophany posted:

Are the Sigma/Tamron lenses as good as my old man remembers them to be? They seem suspiciously cheap relative to the Nikkor lenses, but that could well be marketing crap with that VR II stuff.

No they're not. However, they're often good enough.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ImplicitAssembler posted:

No they're not. However, they're often good enough.

I started looking at their non-poo poo lenses (which was the opposite of what I was looking at when I posted that) and my wallet bit my hand, so I rescind my earlier statement about them being suspiciously cheap.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

poty posted:

This makes sense, Kubica is a number 2

because he's the poo poo.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I don't see Kubica's arm being a problem for actually turning the wheel, you can get away with using mostly your stronger arm and compensating with upper arm/shoulder movements with the weaker arm if the wrist is too inflexible. Grip and dexterity might be the issue, which is why they're adapting the wheel to have gear changes on one side. He'll still be better than Palmer.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

This makes sense, Kubica is a number 2

because he's the poo poo.

:discourse:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tsaedje posted:

which is why they're adapting the wheel to have gear changes on one side.

I could see this creating a problem in the heat of battling for position.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I stole this joke from the 2004 film Blackballed: The Bobby Dukes Story.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Human Grand Prix posted:

It's just muscle memory, the human brain/nervous system is pretty amazingly adaptable

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The only reason a gear per side feels natural is because that's what it is.
Motor memory is a cool and good thing and he'd not be thinking about it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Khablam posted:

The only reason a gear per side feels natural is because that's what it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm3JodBR-vs&t=72s

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Those pre-paddle shift guys sure had problems batting for position with only one hand to change gears

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

I stole this joke from the 2004 film Blackballed: The Bobby Dukes Story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCvlCv1YDmM&t=32s

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

why? instead of a paddle on each side, you're using one paddle, one direction for upshifts, one for down.

That is actually the method Are Jacques used for a while, certainly when he was with Williams and starting at BAR.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
That figures that Their Jacques would use some weirdo shift paddles with his weirdo hair dye.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Aren't most WRC cars one sided shift too, with a paddle? I wonder if Kubicas one was at the time of the accident.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Never in a million years did I think someone would drop some Lenny Pepperbottom up in The Worst Thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

dont doxx me

• Locked thread