Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Son of Rodney posted:

Can you explain this to someone who has no idea what any of the names in that picture mean?

The guy in the photo is Conor McGregor.
He has a fight coming up against Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Mayweather beat his previous girlfriend, who had apparently been text (and maybe cheating on him with?) CJ Watson.
Watson previously wore 23 for the Warriors.
23 is now worn by Draymond Green.
McGregor is implying to Green that the jersey is not his, but Watson's.

This is my understanding of events, but I may be wrong.

I think the joke might be that Green, who by the tweet, supports Mayweather, was recently sued for assault and battery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

SpacePig posted:

Mayweather beat his previous girlfriend, who had apparently been text (and maybe cheating on him with?) CJ Watson.

I think the joke might be that Green, who by the tweet, supports Mayweather, was recently sued for assault and battery.

It's a millefeuille of lols

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

SpacePig posted:

Is that what regular people feel when I joke about video games?
This is terrible.
If only I knew.
If only.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Paladinus posted:

Is that what regular people feel when I joke about video games?
This is terrible.
If only I knew.
If only.
:same:

Only half of those events even remotely flowed in my head.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

theflyingexecutive posted:

EVERY MORNING I OPEN PALM SLAM ANOTHER CHAPTER OF MY BOOK INTO MY WORD PROCESSOR. ITS READY PLAYER ONE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START COPYING ARTICLES FROM MY FAVORITE WEBSITE, WIKIA. I TURN EVERY BULLET POINT INTO A SENTENCE AND I DO IT HARD. MAKING WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN THIRTY COMMAS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP A COPY PASTE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEYVE BROUGHT IN EVERY CHARACTER FROM EVERY KNOWN GAME CARTOON COMIC MOVIE TV SHOW AND BOOK REALITY FOR A HUGE PARTY. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY WRITING CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE THAT PEOPLE IN WRITING CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL MY NERD REFERENCES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY WRITING A BOOK ABOUT WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE IF MY PARENTS WERE PROUD OF ME. 2 CHAPTERS INCLUDING WINDDOWN EVER MORNing. THEN I BATE.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

should i do it goons

should i buy more crap

god i love opening a box full of crap and finding a spot for it in my house that is full of crap

its mostly books but also some special quiet cymbals for a drum kit

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

Why would you want cymbals to be quiet. This is the opposite of their function.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pivotal Lever posted:

Another methhead lady had kicked her boyfriend out, he started squatting in one of the basement storage rooms of the triplex. She was unhappy about this arrangement, and decided to leave him a note:

None of the tenants including the methhead woman complained about the man squatting and they all knew about it.

She turned me down when I asked her out.

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

was her boyfriend a bedbug

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Bridesmaids are like vassals, you dont pick your favorites you pick those who are most loyal.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Manifisto posted:

at the restaurant, the vegetarian: excuse me is there gelatin in this broth? i don't eat meat

the vegan: and I need to know if there are any egg or dairy products, I care that much you see

me, basking my photosynthetic flesh in the midday sun: lol

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

I misread "bridesmaids" as "bisexuals" at first and the quote still works.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Viva Miriya posted:

bitch we covered this, make the goon zipline and zip into his window with a ring pop for a engagement ring

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

fruit on the bottom posted:

It serves me as a cautionary tale. When I have children they will not be forced to buy me square spice jars. My household shall only have one rule "do not try and feed me to a snake"

Only one rule, Billy. And yet we find ourselves having this conversation again.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

when you first hear the name Los Banos you wonder why did they name that city after the bathroom andthen you drive through los banos and you are all like "oh, makes sense"

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Tendai posted:

So the hoa here is cracking down on smoking on balconies so it's time i tried vaping. Is this a good one?

I want something that can do both herb and oil or wax, and that isn't made of lead in China so I slowly die. $200 is about right.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Don't vape cats.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

It looks appropriately worried.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Cat huffing... that's some old totse gold right there

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

A bit trite, but I chuckled

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The afterlife, as per Dante's N-Ferno blog, is composed of many levels.

First Circle (Yahoo Answers) - A land of the lost and confused, doing nothing inherently wrong, but condemned to hell because of ignorance.
Second Circle (Toontown Online) - Where children go to be haunted by idiots.
Third Circle (Facebook) - Those cursed of vanity and narcissism.
Fourth Circle (Myspace) - Those out of step with time. Also ethnics.
Fifth Circle (Something Awful) - The formerly powerful, mostly forgotten to wander the mists.
Entrance to Dis Nuts
Sixth Circle (TV Tropes) - Seriously, just skip this level. I mean, seriously.
Seventh Circle (Reddit) - The balance point of hell, a combination of the the best, and the absolute wretched worst. Plus you could probably find people who give blow jobs to trees here. They'll take anyone.
Eighth Circle (4-Chan) - The rotting crust that fell from the higher levels. Scum and villainy, and memes.
Ninth Circle (8-Chan) - Even the devil is scared of this level. Makes other levels of hell look like Club Med.
Centre of Hell - The great beast sits on his frozen throne, lording over the underworld, forever ejaculating Simpsons memes up to the world of man.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

fruit on the bottom posted:

I'm not saying you smell terrible, but here hold this dead raccoon to mask the scent.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Is there really an 8 Chan? I'm not googling that poo poo.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Field Mousepad posted:

Is there really an 8 Chan? I'm not googling that poo poo.

Yes. It's where the gamergaters/doxxers/pedos went when they got kicked off 4chan.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Of course. Goddamn.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
There are tons of -chans out there, with varying population size. There's an anime reference that someone who had never had sex will have magical powers when they reach 30. So of course, there's "Wizardchan".

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You need to take a test to determine you've never had sex?

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

extra row of teeth posted:

I imagine that in ancient history, when the elders told the tale of Ugg the Bravest Caveman around the campfire, someone immediately ran into their cave and drew Ugg getting pegged by a pride of Sabertooths

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

BovineFury posted:

I know ants are strong but this is getting a little ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkyApnG9x3Y

Zero One posted:

Freckles: The Origin

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 06:05 on Jul 26, 2017

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

fool_of_sound posted:

Yes. It's where the gamergaters/doxxers/pedos went when they got kicked off 4chan.

As I read in an article about them, 8chan are for the alt-right people who thinks 4chan alt-righters are cucks who refuse to acknowledge "the Jewish question".

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Oh right. 8 Chan because it's twice as bad.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
More like 256chan

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Outrail posted:

Oh right. 8 Chan because it's twice as bad.

Wikipedia posted:

8chan, also called Infinitechan,
It allows users to create and run their own boards, like reddit. You can probably guess the rest.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

re: Gal Gadot

RedSpider posted:

How many Palestinians do you think she murdered?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

When filming the No Man's Land scene she corrected Patty on how a poor man sounds when he dies.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'm pretty sure that was what MHB was getting at by "a defensible thesis," though. Yes, a thesis that has no evidence can, technically, be defended, but you're gonna do a real poo poo job at it and probably make yourself look like an idiot in the process unless you slip enough Zizek quotes in.

For example, "Star Wars: A New Hope is an allegory for the Vietnam War in defense of the Viet Cong" is a defensible thesis. There are significant plot elements in the movie, as well as metatextual elements from Lucas' own life, that make this a totally valid thing to say, even if it's a pretty esoteric reading of A New Hope. "Star Wars: A New Hope is a sequel to the OJ Simpson car chase footage" is, while equally esoteric, much, much harder to successfully defend (though watch someone do it right as I'm saying this).

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

"Blockade runner", duh. Talk about a softball pitch.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

divabot posted:

Bitcoin is a blunt spork: it does all the jobs, but worse than any sensible alternative. Also it's made of gallium, so it melts if you try to do any real work with it.

Litecoin is a spork made of cardboard.

Ethereum is a coffee machine with seventeen different levers, and whichever ones you pull it only gives you a cup of the cleaning fluid.

Zcash is a Pound Shop corkscrew that breaks on its second use.

Dogecoin is a water bowl on the floor. The bowl is empty. Much sorry, very loss.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Serge Painsbourg posted:

extra row of teeth posted:

I imagine that in ancient history, when the elders told the tale of Ugg the Bravest Caveman around the campfire, someone immediately ran into their cave and drew Ugg getting pegged by a pride of Sabertooths

- Senenmut and Queen Hatshepsut, graffiti, Deir el-Bahari, circa 1450 BC

the more things change...

"I sodomize men" - graffiti, wall near VI.14.20 (House of Orpheus), Pompeii, circa 78 AD

Syd Midnight has a new favorite as of 12:44 on Jul 26, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Guy Mann posted:

GBS 2013: Telling news stations about the existence of /r/picturesofdeadkids in a sincere effort to improve the level of discourse on the internet

GBS 2017: Throwing the laughing at dead kids megathread next to the other thread for laughing at dead kids right next to the thread for spending six years laughing at the same picture of a dead woman on The Fail Mountain whilst chuckling about how triggered you must be by this

get that OUT of my face posted:

Panic! At the Discourse

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Syd Midnight posted:

"I sodomize men" - graffiti, wall near VI.14.20 (House of Orpheus), Pompeii, circa 78 AD

idem

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ut supra

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Syd Midnight posted:

- Senenmut and Queen Hatshepsut, graffiti, Deir el-Bahari, circa 1450 BC

the more things change...

Veni

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Vedi vici veni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy