Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

NTRabbit posted:

My Bones arrived, so at least they managed to get here a whole week before Bones 4 starts.

How long of a mourning period do you require between the two? Genuinely not sure what etiquette dictates here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Well, I think at least 30 days are recommended for good catholics, more if you are a sibling, child, or parent.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Bad Munki posted:

How long of a mourning period do you require between the two? Genuinely not sure what etiquette dictates here.

It's kind of nice to actually deliver the previously purchased product before putting up the preorder for the next lot, and there are plenty of people who aren't going to get theirs in time.

And by nice I mean something a good business does, because it's not so much the etiquette standards of internet white knights as it is an indicator you actually give a poo poo about your customers, and your business is in good stead.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

You realize they have already committed resources to the next bones whether you see it or not? Quit being a baby about your bonesium dolls.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It's ok that they treat their rest of world customers like poo poo, as long as America is great again

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

You literally have no idea at all how any business works, like even at the most basic level. Kickstarters even more so. But don't let that stop you from pretending reaper is out to get you!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I like how you pretend I'm the only one complaining about them ripping off RoW KS backers on shipping

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Not the only one, just the most vocal one. Let's all relax and be internet-friends, okay?

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

NTRabbit posted:

It's ok that they treat their rest of world customers like poo poo, as long as America is great again

TBF they beat my original delivery date estimate in Australia. The group of people who got shafted is earlish AU/NZ backers.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

NTRabbit posted:

Man you're an obnoxious whiner. You just can never stop pointlessly complaining here rather than taking it to reaper themselves.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Captain Invictus posted:

Man you're an obnoxious whiner. You just can never stop pointlessly complaining here rather than taking it to reaper themselves.

I did take it to Reaper, and they never replied

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Keep contacting them all, message everyone you can at reaper, etc. Whining here endlessly does nothing but annoy everyone else

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Social media often gets a response. Blow up their twitter/fb instead of using this thread as an endless Yelp review.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Captain Invictus posted:

Keep contacting them all, message everyone you can at reaper, etc. Whining here endlessly does nothing but annoy everyone else

Is it as annoying as being told repeatedly by Americans that the experience of RoW backers is not in any way important, and that because everything was fine for US backers, we should be happy?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

NTRabbit posted:

Is it as annoying as being told repeatedly by Americans that the experience of RoW backers is not in any way important, and that because everything was fine for US backers, we should be happy?
A: post examples if you're going to make claims like that and B: they do not represent the whole of the thread, this is not a difficult concept

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
It's more because all you've done is complain in the comments section on the Kickstarter, IIRC.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

NTRabbit posted:

Certainly not. But imagine that you got shafted by your boss when he didn't pay you for some over time you worked. Does it make sense to be a whinging oval office down at the pub towards all your mates and coworkers? Or should you take up your problem with the boss/company?

I'd like to emphasize, but you keep crying about your problem here where it does zero good rather than trying to get satisfaction using any of various options open to you.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I'm hardly going to post in the comment section about everything being fine when it's entirely the opposite of that

Indolent Bastard posted:

I'd like to emphasize, but you keep crying about your problem here where it does zero good rather than trying to get satisfaction using any of various options open to you.

I have, they haven't answered.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

I'm hardly going to post in the comment section about everything being fine when it's entirely the opposite of that

I have, they haven't answered.

Actual customer support, or just the stupid KS chat and Reaper forums?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Indolent Bastard posted:

Actual customer support, or just the stupid KS chat and Reaper forums?

KS chat, facebook page, and email

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

KS chat, facebook page, and email

Well then, that sucks and I'm sorry their ham fisted handling of this KS charged you for air freight and gave you super slow surface cargo shipping. They should do something to rectify that since you have raised it as an issue. You'd hope the crazy success of these Bones KS would give them some small ability to make good faith refunds.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Talking of which, there's some discussion in the KS Comments about Reaper managing to lose one of the UK Pallets. I guess my Bones are going to be delayed even further while they send a replacement :(

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I don't understand how starting the next ks is related to delivery being complete on the previous. It would even be ok to run two ks campaigns in parallel... it's not as if Reaper is being accused or suspected of misuse of funds or something, nor have they put up for retail sale items that aren't delivered to some backers yet.

I thought the actual complaint was charging aj amount for shipping that would have covered airmail, and then doing slow sea shipping anyway. That's a legit and valid complaint, and it's reasonable to demand a partial refund of the shipping charges. Demanding the company furlough or lay off its production staff for months rather than have them get to work on the next release in the meantime, though? That's nonsensical. Nobody involved in designing, sculpting, making molds, and doing the marketing for the next kickstarter has any ability to make australian deliveries happen faster, or decide to issue refunds to those customers, so why should they sit idle?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Leperflesh posted:

nor have they put up for retail sale items that aren't delivered to some backers yet.

actually...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

woah, I hadn't seen that.

Yeah now that is something I'd complain about. Kickstarter fulfillment should definitely be complete before you can buy the same stuff at retail.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Got all my boner dudes washed and sorted, nothing is missing and not many pieces require any straightening. This is nice.

The biggest downside to this delayed delivery for me is that don't have time to paint any of them to be used in a tournament this Sunday. I originally picked some Undead guys because they were so cool, I decided to start an Undead army and use them in it. I got that army tournament ready while waiting for them. But I don't mind, I'll still use them at some later games and I got stuff for my other projects.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
:tviv: MalDrakar is enormous.

I need to paint some of my giant Bones. Maldrakar, Dagon, and Nathavarr are high on the list, and I may well end up selling off large chunks of my pile of unpainted plastic because I'm not playing D&D any more and I'll just never get round to using it.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never had a use for any of them. I didnt even lie to myself and make up a future use. I just appreciate the details on such a small object for so cheap

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I bought much of what i bought with the expectation of getting a minis collection together for use in RPGs, but I'm now playing X-Wing almost exclusively and the Bones are taking up a lot of space.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I might be interested in that. I'm looking to start a minis collection from scratch as well. Gonna back the Bones 4 kickstarter so hard.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Finished up an orc.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Skins are sufficiently green, nice

I have a replacement part on the way for Behir, but no word on the other stuff yet.

Since being positive is the only acceptable ive, here's a Griffon and probably the final Bones 4 tease

And the others

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jul 29, 2017

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
All I'm hoping for is the Brood Dragon.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ-yEQN9o7g

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

It's live.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Surprise, it passed its funding goal in like five minutes.

Looks like they're splitting the waves by region this time, and also offering a limited number of cheap seats and core seats in each wave. So 1000 core-set seats in wave one, and 500 $1 seats in wave 1. And then all of the waves repeated for the Americas, Europe, etc.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Text at the bottom says everyone is paying shipping now, to avoid an increase only on RoW, and they have regional pledge levels. Perhaps they listened and got it together.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

that pig cart though

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

hell yeah wave 2, way better than wave 14 or whatever last time that ultimately didn't matter at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

So to clarify, the $100 level is basically a la carte if you want? If I'm not particularly interested in a core set and just want to pick and choose, I can go with the $1 option?

• Locked thread