Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Zurai posted:

Quick Hit is extremely high DPS and gets an upgrade to two hits whenever Global gets the ability revamp Japan just got, but it takes an absolute ton of Major Wind Orbs and you're gonna blow through hones like nobody's business.

Currently sitting on 348 MPO and 297 MWOs, though lord knows I could/should probably hone some other stuff too. I'll probably make r3 for the time being.

Zack's whole purpose in life right now is to lifesiphon for his CSB (worth it simply because of how much it buffs cloud, let alone everyone else) and if something goes terribly wrong with buffs, or a boss dispel), maybe use his SSB for hastega. Between Zack's CSB and either OK's BSB or a RW Rikku USB, everyone's generally over the atk softcap and Zack should be hitting the max multiplier for Omega Drive (Cloud Definitely does).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Quick hit isn't good damage per action, it's just super fast so it's good dps. R3 of it will do less damage overall of R3 whatever else. If zack can max out omega dive, look into the new celerity ability coming out. It's also multiple hits.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I'm sold. Shadow BSB is probably my favourite farming RW and I think that banner also has stuff for Setzer. Gonna roll at least once on it.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Im saving everything for it. I want shadows usb really bad, so I won't get it. But there's strego and setzer as well I'm looking to grab.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

:siren:The Global Exclusive Bugged KC2 Saga continues:siren:

Their 10 apology mythril to people who pulled on KC2 before the bug somehow got sent twice to some players, so they got 20.

Solution is to send 10 mythril to everyone else as compensation.

Yes, even to the exploiters of KC2.

So wait. I didn't pull on KC2 either before the bug, or during the bug. And I also get 10 bonus mythril?

Given that I had all but 1 or 2 of the items on the banner already, I'd say I and those like me got the best-case scenario.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i'm pretty happy with the 2 8* statstick relics I was able to put together as well as various mastery stats and of course native shout

now i get 10 mythril just because i guess

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

:siren:The Global Exclusive Bugged KC2 Saga continues:siren:

Their 10 apology mythril to people who pulled on KC2 before the bug somehow got sent twice to some players, so they got 20.

Solution is to send 10 mythril to everyone else as compensation.

Yes, even to the exploiters of KC2.

Apology mythril for the apology mythril, is the best kind.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Uncle Ulty posted:

So wait. I didn't pull on KC2 either before the bug, or during the bug. And I also get 10 bonus mythril?

Given that I had all but 1 or 2 of the items on the banner already, I'd say I and those like me got the best-case scenario.

Yep. Everyone who didn't get 20 bonus mythril gets 10 bonus mythril instead.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I've decided to draw on Type-0. I got hosed, I think, I got twice Deuce's Legend Materia.

Oh well. Such is life.

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jul 25, 2017

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Cosmic Afro posted:

I've decided to draw on Type-0. I got hosed, I think, I got twice Deuce's Legend Materia.

Oh well.

Well at least that makes sense.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I'm glad to hear DENA is compensating me for my pull on that bugged KC2 banner. Clearly it was not working as intended and 10 Mythril feels like fair compensation for costing me so many inventory slots.

The hilarious tears from people on Reddit who didn't pull hoping they'd get rewarded for being the teacher's pet are icing on the cake.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I didnt pull because i had everything of value on it but holy lol why would you ever think the applogy would be better than guaranteed 11/11.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
So basically anyone who never pulled on KC2 (before or after the hug) are +10 mythril for having done absolutely nothing. If that were me, I would be stoked that something I chose not to participate in or something that didn't affect my gameplay experience resulted in 10 free mythril.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

paperwind posted:

So basically anyone who never pulled on KC2 (before or after the hug) are +10 mythril for having done absolutely nothing. If that were me, I would be stoked that something I chose not to participate in or something that didn't affect my gameplay experience resulted in 10 free mythril.

But other people got stuff too! Thats not fair!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

The apology in misc notes reads like the Monty Python Holy Grail bit where the people responsible for sacking the people who sacked the other people were themselves sacked.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Sprite141 posted:

Quick hit isn't good damage per action, it's just super fast so it's good dps. R3 of it will do less damage overall of R3 whatever else. If zack can max out omega dive, look into the new celerity ability coming out. It's also multiple hits.

Ripper Rush or whatever it's called in Global (Flurry McFlurryface, probably) is awful. Really, really terrible.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Have they given out the apology apology mithril yet?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

HPanda posted:

Have they given out the apology apology mithril yet?

Doesn't seem like it. We'll probably get it with the login rewards.

Unless they gently caress this up too, and we'll end up getting apology apology apology mythril.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

I just got mine (20 total) for it. I had everything but Vanille's ssb on it so didnt pull on the 11/11 but had pulled on it like 6 months ago.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Sprite141 posted:

If we get a torment (or jump start, whatever) boss we can farm for black crystals I'll be able to r3 Omega Drive and that'd just be lovely. Need about a dozen of them and I think a couple fire crystals.

RagnarokAngel posted:

I didnt pull because i had everything of value on it but holy lol why would you ever think the applogy would be better than guaranteed 11/11.

In the SEA version of DQMSL there was a bug where you couldn't leave the final dungeon and get credit, but it kept giving you the 100 gem clear bonus every timed you tried to do so and some people abused it since you could get tens or hundreds of thousands of gems in minutes that way. IIRC they did something crazy to the cheaters ranging from put them in to the negatives by removing the gems they got from it, to banning some severe cases.

Everyone else, who didn't abuse it? They gave 10,000 gems. Rare pulls were 200 or 300 gems each. At some point someone hosed up and they gave out 10,000 gems a second time.

While I'm sure it's unrelated to the fact that the SEA version of DQMSL shut down a year+ ago, it was still kinda funny and the biggest thank you compensation I've ever seen in a single act. It's just a shame that DQMSL is a badly made game with a hellish bullshit grind for the SS-tier evo mats because it'd have been nice to have a decent DQM game on mobile.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Somewhat late but I managed to beat the current 300 Diff Torment Jump Start and get the motes for Squall's Legend Sphere completion, so now he's as strong as he's ever going to get. Good stuff. In addition, the leftover Vitality Motes were almost enough to finish Ramza's sphere as well, only two nodes away from completing it once I get a smidge more Vitality.

Beating a Torment from start to finish was something I had never done in the past. I limped my way past the finish line for the very first Torment because I really wanted the extra Snowspell Strike motes just in case, but I never went back and did the 250. So this was an incredible milestone for me. My team's pretty strong, but I never knew if they were Torment strong. And now I know. And now I will probably be less scared of them in the future. Which is good!

...still gotta do Nightmares though. One day.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Alxprit posted:

...still gotta do Nightmares though. One day.
Nightmares have been hilariously powercreeped at this point. I was just looking at some of their statblocks/AIs for the hell of it and found it kinda funny that former roadblocks like Necrophobe and Omega Weapon had significantly more forgiving stats than Geosgaeno. With OSBs, softcap increases/buffs that can help you hit those softcaps, Cloud USB, and easy access to healing BSBs you can pretty much blitz through them. And so long as you don't ignore the gimmicks too hard you can still get mastery.

Plus if you haven't done the prerequisite dungeons, do so because they all give out powerful resistance relics and major orbs/crystals.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jul 25, 2017

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Looks like another realm dungeon discount coming on 8/2!

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Evil Fluffy posted:

In the SEA version of DQMSL there was a bug where you couldn't leave the final dungeon and get credit, but it kept giving you the 100 gem clear bonus every timed you tried to do so and some people abused it since you could get tens or hundreds of thousands of gems in minutes that way. IIRC they did something crazy to the cheaters ranging from put them in to the negatives by removing the gems they got from it, to banning some severe cases.

Everyone else, who didn't abuse it? They gave 10,000 gems. Rare pulls were 200 or 300 gems each. At some point someone hosed up and they gave out 10,000 gems a second time.

They had to do something. A ton of currency ruins their income. In comparison what we got was a bag of seriously bad and outdated relics (plus Shout and SG) and we still paid the full mythril cost for it. Our scandal is more amusing with DeNa's incompetence and Redditors outrage combined than anything else.

DeNa should actually make the old garbage available somehow, the unique SBs etc. A third event banner with only Unique-tier stuff for 20 mythril per 11? Good RS stuff and I'd bet a lot of people would like to complete their favorite characters.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

DeNa should actually make the old garbage available somehow, the unique SBs etc. A third event banner with only Unique-tier stuff for 20 mythril per 11? Good RS stuff and I'd bet a lot of people would like to complete their favorite characters.

Alternately, up the daily draw 5* rate to like... 0.5% but stop adding new relics, dial it back to circa a 18 months ago. It would still feel like a win when you get a rainbow and it's not really going to impact your bottom line of spending for new, meta-defining stuff.

ceaselessfuture posted:

Looks like another realm dungeon discount coming on 8/2!

That's when the next Dungeon Update was datamined, so it adds up.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jul 25, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

quote is not edit

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Cosmic Afro posted:

Oh well. Such is life.

I pulled twice, got Deuce's LM and two Luminous Robe and one Heavy Lance. I really just wanted one of the BSBs

oh well

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
FFRkreeper is really loving slow for me lately... maybe a lot more people have caught on?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

FFRkreeper is really loving slow for me lately... maybe a lot more people have caught on?

It's all the Russian hackers hard at work to make Keepers Choice 1 into an 11/11 banner featuring all Cloud relics, Rikku USB, etc.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

So did they discontinue stamina overflow? The gently caress?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

djfooboo posted:

So did they discontinue stamina overflow? The gently caress?

So far as I know, it's still there. I don't spend mythril or gems to refresh my stamina very often.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Oh, I thought it worked when you got 5 Stam shards.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

djfooboo posted:

Oh, I thought it worked when you got 5 Stam shards.

It refills but there is no overflow, and to my knowledge there never has been for getting 5 stamina shards.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Nope. It used to not overflow at all. They changed it a while back to allow for overflow with mithril and gems, but never stamina shards.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I remember I wasted a stamina shard refill once thinking it would overflow like the mythril.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I'm getting my rear end handed to me by the 140 Couerls. They do manageable damage when I have my shields/proshell/wall up, but if one of those drops I usually lose a party member.

I've almost beaten it twice so I'm pretty sure I can finish it, but I'm also sure I'm probably doing something wrong. Can I get some advice?

Also how the hell do you tell when a Break or Wall has faded?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

ceaselessfuture posted:

Also how the hell do you tell when a Break or Wall has faded?

You start taking more damage. Seriously. It's loving stupid.

But you just learn to deal with it and cast it a little sooner than it drops off for. Having just got native wall a few weeks ago, I noticed that it's a bit of a pain to manage with an existing healer, but someone suggested a good gauge is whether or not your bursts have dropped off.

If you cast wall and a bsb at the same time, if the burst has dropped off, you should reapply wall ASAP. As for breaks....I don't know. That part gives me the hardest time trying to juggle 5+ different stackable breaks outside of MP where someone else can save my rear end, or where you're so laden up with buffs it practically doesn't matter anymore if one or two drops off.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Coerls wither to dance breaks and AOE damage. Save Bursts for 2nd two sets, first set is weak. As far as wall goes it doesn't have a visual unfortunately, but even if it did you would want it back up before you saw it was down.

Edit: I'm loving this lack of event stress, allowing me to finish these story dungeons I've neglected since 40 stam dailies came out.

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jul 26, 2017

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

You're probably just not doing damage quickly enough. I was blessed with a lot of magic buffs and Krile's BSB (AoE fire opener, fire aura, 2-hit fire CMD2) among other things but it looks like your tools are similarly useful. You've got Auron's BSB2, Vivi's BSB1 (master this), and Marach's BSB (master this as well, though it's not as high priority). Then mix and match to taste. Your current party is set up to sandbag, but except for Auron not really set up for AoE damage, so you'll need to fix that.
  • Stick with just one support character - Penelo or Fran. I'd tentatively suggest Penelo for now because she can keep spamming dances whereas Fran can only fire her AoE debuffs as SBs, and because she also has a medica to complement Larsa's.
  • What RW are you using? If you've got Manufacted Marvel, and cast that right off the bat, you can probably just use Vessel of Fate as your RW and call it a day on most offensive buffs.
  • And if you do use Vessel of Fate, Reks' BSB is mostly superfluous because you'll hit Auron's ATK softcap between BSB buffs/Vessel of Fate/CMD2's Dark Bargain effect.
  • Hone up Curaja. You've got the orbs for it to at least R2, or R3 if you really stretch your holy orbs.
  • If you're doing damage quickly enough and have both Protectga and Shellga up you probably won't need Wall. (I say probably because I brought it along myself but was taking so little that you can probably stand whatever they pelt you with in a quick fight.)
  • Auron should be doing monstrous amounts of damage rather than just Drawtaliating. You can still put Draw Fire on him, but it lasts for 25s and so you can treat it like any other medium-length buff. Stick Lifesiphon in his other slot instead of Retaliate, honing up a new copy if you have to. (I have four copies of that ability at R5 x2/R4 x2, and 2x Wrath R4 as well. Generating SB is absurdly good.)
  • There's no easy way to tell when most buffs/debuffs have faded. You can often find out the hard way, after an enemy's attack deals more damage or yours deals less, but in general you just want to get into a rhythm when using buffs to reestablish things by habit. For instance, most stat changers that are abilities last for 15s, while most that are instead SBs (with the infamous exception of Wakka's old Status Reels) last for 25s. Given that a hasted turn lasts around 4s between an ATB, casting times, and user delay; you'll want to reestablish an ability buff/debuff every three turns or so. If you have access to some form of quickcast on that character you can lengthen it to four turns, but in general it's better to be safe with overriding durations than to have them unexpectedly lapse for a second or two. (Things like Shell/Protect/Haste are exceptions that last longer with variable durations based on MND.) Similarly, you can recast ability-based buffs/debuffs (like Wall or Vessel of Fate's +ATK/MAG) every six turns or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

It's just apparently under a heavy load with a lot of people farming 300 and do the good ol' "GDO? GTFO!" routine.

• Locked thread