Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
On the plus side he gets a haircut that isn't awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Welp, at least I got 2 kaleidoscopes out of the deal. It's not like I really need Nero or even some other Saberface or anything....

:smith:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
"Clutch" Chulainn saving my bacon every day.

For some reason silver medals continue to elude me. I've got a ton of golds and coppers, but almost no silvers.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

"Clutch" Chulainn saving my bacon every day.

For some reason silver medals continue to elude me. I've got a ton of golds and coppers, but almost no silvers.

Well the bright side is that Silver Medals are the ones you need the least of!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If my rates from today are any indication, doing the 20AP almost exclusively will get me the required number of Silver medals tomorrow and Bronze medals in 3 more days. 78 golds is my target in order to hit 700 and so far I'm slightly above that by doing that too, but I could see that not quite reaching that mark if I don't level up at a few opportune moments. Worst case scenario I switch to the 30AP in the final few days and use a few apples.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Well the bright side is that Silver Medals are the ones you need the least of!
Yeah but I want at least one Nightless Rose (for the collection) and I'd rather spend silvers on it than golds.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Oh lord the Main Match set is going to be a killer. There are 3 different Mats I all want to farm.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Got utter crap on my first ten-roll and 8 tickets. Second (and last free) ten-roll was much better, getting myself a Nero and a Heaven's Feel as a nice bonus. I'll take it.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Oh apparently Nightless Rose just drops from the dungeons as well because I just got one from the 10 stamina dungeon.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Oh apparently Nightless Rose just drops from the dungeons as well because I just got one from the 10 stamina dungeon.

Yep, although the drop rate is really small. Got one just now from the 30 AP one. I guess you need to get two drops and to buy all three from the shop to max Limit Break the CE.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I looked it up and the limit break for Nightless Rose seems pretty lackluster, unless I'm reading the card wrong.

Seems like you'd do better to just have five so that's potentially five different servants with guts at once, if that's your thing.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I got the Nightless Rose CE from a dungeon. But they keep giving me bronze medals which I don't need anymore of. goddamn, I thought 10ap give you only silvers

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Guys, don't farm for Silvers. You will get more than enough via random extras simply through farming for Bronzes and Golds.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Bad Seafood posted:

I looked it up and the limit break for Nightless Rose seems pretty lackluster, unless I'm reading the card wrong.

Seems like you'd do better to just have five so that's potentially five different servants with guts at once, if that's your thing.

The reason to limit break it is for the added stats. 2k HP at max level isn't gamebreaking but it's nothing to sneeze at, especially since you're probably putting it on someone with survivability issues.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
the last mission gets easier when you don't leave waver for last and let him defencebuff himself to infinity

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Jing Ke was the problem I had with that mission. Christ that NP hurts.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Had to burn three command seals to complete that one. Good thing the next round of battles is a few days off so I can recover them.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

A high level AOE NP support plus backup makes pretty short work of 30AP.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Guys, don't farm for Silvers. You will get more than enough via random extras simply through farming for Bronzes and Golds.

Yeah, I haven't even thought about silvers and I already have half the amount I want.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Motto posted:

A high level AOE NP support plus backup makes pretty short work of 30AP.
I felt I put together a pretty solid team, just nobody had the HP to withstand Jing Ke's NP going off every three rounds. I nearly beat them off before wiping, then brought everyone back to finish the job.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

My reaction when I got these servants:
Gilgamesh? He's okay.
Jeanne? Sort of happy to have gotten her.
Altera? She's okay I guess.

Vlad? Hell yeah. I was happy to roll him today. Every time I rolled, I was hoping to roll him again because he was my main servant (along with Waver) back when I was playing on the Japanese version. It may not be NP2 like before, but I'm just really happy about being able to use him again.

Now for the long journey to save Quartz and fighting off the desire to roll on a whim.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
So far I've been able to avoid spending tickets and quartz on summons. After burning about 200AP I got the limited CE twice from the dungeon and broke 100+ gold medals. So far not a bad haul. Here's hoping I can start cashing out the Crystalized Lore by friday .:pray:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

My reaction every time I roll:

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
I farmed for silvers so I could get the pages to ascend Waver. But now I'm getting them randomly from the other ones and I guess I'll eventually just have enough to buy the silver medal CE

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Bad Seafood posted:

I felt I put together a pretty solid team, just nobody had the HP to withstand Jing Ke's NP going off every three rounds. I nearly beat them off before wiping, then brought everyone back to finish the job.

You guys keep ignoring me when I talk about my Arash, but I have yet to see that mission last more than two turns.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I actually ran that event earlier, I was just commenting on it now since someone else was.

I saw your thing about Arash and took my level 30 (with maxed-out NP) out for a spin and he did pretty alright.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Kaleido Lancelot for all your Boss Murder needs, guys.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Pureauthor posted:

Kaleido Lancelot for all your Boss Murder needs, guys.

How do you get him to survive the first few rounds, though?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Waver for all your buffing needs.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I've been using Kiyohime, Altera and a support Gilgamesh to farm the 30AP. If you get their NPs up, you can take out the grumpy Chimera boss with Kiyohime in a burst and then one-shot the servants with Altera+Gil and some NP/Attack buffs.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

In this case it's easy, as the Chimeras are berserkers so they do significantly less damage to a berserker like Lancelot than other classes would.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

Murdering everything before it gets an opportunity to hit you

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Seems like the Nero banner has been halfway generous.

Pulled Nero with summon tickets
Pulled Altera on a multipull, and pulled Tamamo Cat on a subsequent pull. I mean, I already have Heracles, but, it was nice to finally see some 4* characters for once.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I've mainly cleared the 30AP by using a Kaleidoscope servant like Herc to get rid of Waver ASAP, and then concentrate fire on Jing Ke.

MonsieurChoc, with your Arash strategy how are you keeping him alive to the final round? Protecting him has always felt like the hard part of his strategy, since presumably you also need a NP-support like Medea or Waver to get his NP active anyway.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Nate RFB posted:

I've mainly cleared the 30AP by using a Kaleidoscope servant like Herc to get rid of Waver ASAP, and then concentrate fire on Jing Ke.

MonsieurChoc, with your Arash strategy how are you keeping him alive to the final round? Protecting him has always felt like the hard part of his strategy, since presumably you also need a NP-support like Medea or Waver to get his NP active anyway.

My team is Waver, Arash, a random support. My Arash is lvl 60, with both his skills to lvl 4, so he doesn't have any trouble staying alive until the final wave. He's also my Archer support slot, for those who have MonsieurChoc on their friend list (184 864 974, just freed some space on my friend list).

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh, OK. To me that's more "I actually bothered to ascend Arash a billion times" than a given strategy. I ascended him once thanks to having a glut of silver pieces after the insanity that was grinding for monuments for Jeanne but I've otherwise not had the time or resources to invest in him further.

So far the best AOE NPs I've used in the 30AP have been Lancelot and Tamamo Cat. Find one of those in your friend lists with a Kaleidoscope, spend the first two turns building it to 100%, and then fire it off at the beginning of round 3. For single targets, Vlad and Herc also work (and Vlad can also gain NP really fast so he doesn't really need a kaleidoscope). Surprisingly Gilgamesh doesn't seem that good here? I tried a 60 Gil in the 20AP and Enuma Elish barely did half damage to everyone in round 3.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

So far the best AOE NPs I've used in the 30AP have been Lancelot and Tamamo Cat. Find one of those in your friend lists with a Kaleidoscope, spend the first two turns building it to 100%, and then fire it off at the beginning of round 3. For single targets, Vlad and Herc also work (and Vlad can also gain NP really fast so he doesn't really need a kaleidoscope). Surprisingly Gilgamesh doesn't seem that good here? I tried a 60 Gil in the 20AP and Enuma Elish barely did half damage to everyone in round 3.

Ea does more damage to Servants when overcharged, so you make it the second NP in the chain. Or the third, but 3 NPs is usually going to be overkill on enemies like this.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also Gil needs his NP stengthening quest before his NP starts being completely bonkers.

NRVNQSR posted:

Ea does more damage to Servants when overcharged, so you make it the second NP in the chain. Or the third, but 3 NPs is usually going to be overkill on enemies like this.

Technically 100% is already considered Overcharged, just at the base level. For Gil that's a 150% multiplier against Servants as is.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Technically 100% is already considered Overcharged, just at the base level. For Gil that's a 150% multiplier against Servants as is.

Yeah, you're right; I thought the difference in multiplier between 100% and 200% charge was significant, but looking at the numbers now it doesn't actually make much difference at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Also my math was wrong, you need 70 gold medals a day because the finals are four days long and not three. I think at minimum this will require at least one level up or one apple per day.