Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
duty roulette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Thumbtacks posted:

duty roulette

This is definitely how it feels sometimes.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Umm, the Black Knight has blessed armor and 30 defense, he wouldn't be taking damage from random dungeon mobs.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Please stop talking about deserts in Final Fantasy games, you're giving me flashbacks to the Sandseas in FF XII. Rusty oil rigs and unavoidable trash for days and days.

I actually really liked that aesthetic.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Thumbtacks posted:

I know I shouldn't be super irritated by it but I'm upset that you can't solo heal Lakshmi (or you can, but it's super difficult)

solo healing susano's not nearly as bad, and that's almost entirely due to there not being any healer-specific mechanics

Susano has boulders, which are definitely healer-specific (at least for 2 of the 3 of them). What are the healer-specific mechanics in Lakshmi?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

jalapeno_dude posted:

Susano has boulders, which are definitely healer-specific (at least for 2 of the 3 of them). What are the healer-specific mechanics in Lakshmi?

Circle prey marks that leave burny-puddles target the healers specifically.

Bad tanks usually mean you're also going to have the cone-o'-death aimed at you.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
What materia should i be focusing on for monk? I assume Crit is first because of Deep Meditation, but after that should i go for DH or Det?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Thumbtacks posted:

duty roulette

who is the reader supposed to be empathizing with here

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i assume sakura because all good, godfearing people play dps and like nozaki-kun, but the sprout is causing me to make the thinking emoji face

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Sprouts are good and mentors are bad, hth.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
Having just hit 50 as a healer, I have never encountered anyone telling me to stop dps. Closest was a leveling roulette where some ACN was trying to physick the tank when they took a sliver of damage, when they saw me dotting/ruining.

Doubly weird since it was loving Sastasha and Eos basically has that covered.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I got the aery recently for my lldr and had a tank wearing the mentor crown. The sprout who was doing the dungeon for the first time asked what they should know for the bosses, so I waited for the tank to answer them. Instead he never slowed down or seemingly ever bothered to respond, so I tried to quickly type in what I could remember. The sprout then died in a later boss fight and got real confused, so I pointed out something I forgot to mention and said something to the effect of "lmao the mentor should really be explaining this anyway" and the dude tried to defend himself by saying that I seemed to type faster.

In short:

pray for my aunt posted:

Sprouts are good and mentors are bad, hth.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Kuvo posted:

What materia should i be focusing on for monk? I assume Crit is first because of Deep Meditation, but after that should i go for DH or Det?

Direct Hit is better than Det unless you have a totally unreasonable excess of it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

This book has a butterfly

It flaps around when you draw your weapon

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

This makes me wish that you could wear other classes gear as glamour, because this would go so well with the bard i235 pvp headpiece which is also a rad looking butterfly :(

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Game should have a way to allow you to glamour WVR stuff as any combat class.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I got the aery recently for my lldr and had a tank wearing the mentor crown. The sprout who was doing the dungeon for the first time asked what they should know for the bosses, so I waited for the tank to answer them. Instead he never slowed down or seemingly ever bothered to respond, so I tried to quickly type in what I could remember. The sprout then died in a later boss fight and got real confused, so I pointed out something I forgot to mention and said something to the effect of "lmao the mentor should really be explaining this anyway" and the dude tried to defend himself by saying that I seemed to type faster.

In short:

imo, choosing to be a mentor means in a duty a player gets a dialog saying would you like to merit or demerit the mentor(s) and getting too many demerits removes their shitter crown for a while, increasing in time each time they lose it by being poo poo mentors.

and then maybe consistently getting merit points would give you rewards to actually reward being a constructive and helpful player outside of getting the shitter crown. like trading them for clusters or khloe like things.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

my guild bamboozled me today

as a newbie i generally never have trouble getting people to help me with new dungeons though sometimes we just barely find a 4th. they're nice of course and usually offer tips as we go.

tonight i mentioned i unlocked cape westwind and asked if anyone wanted to help. everyone basically tripped over themselves trying to get into the party saying it was super cool but also since it's the first 8 man trial it's hard and suggested i get in discord and get ready to move to safe spots as phases change, etc.

i am a fool

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

cheetah7071 posted:

http://i.imgur.com/BlfQANZ.mp4

it's the best

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Kaubocks posted:

as a newbie i generally never have trouble getting people to help me with new dungeons though sometimes we just barely find a 4th. they're nice of course and usually offer tips as we go.

tonight i mentioned i unlocked cape westwind and asked if anyone wanted to help. everyone basically tripped over themselves trying to get into the party saying it was super cool but also since it's the first 8 man trial it's hard and suggested i get in discord and get ready to move to safe spots as phases change, etc.

i am a fool

That's kind of heartwarming actually :unsmith:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kaubocks posted:

i am a fool

lol

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Kaubocks posted:

i am a fool

Did you clear it???

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
it's fine, he watched the mrhappy video

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Did you clear it???

it was tough by thankfully as off tank i got to focus less on my own performance and more just on learning the mechanics of the fight

edit: i did well enough to earn the player commendation from the one pubbie in the group because we only had a party of 7 going in, lol

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Thank God

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I remember when people actually had to do mechanics in that fight.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Thumbtacks posted:

duty roulette

To be fair, that looks like Aurum Vale in the background. If you use a GCD to do damage in there, someone will accidentally pull an extra mob or three and get splattered before your heals come up, and you'll never ever ever hear the end of it. That, or I'm overthinking this badly.

Also, that butterfly tome is adorable and I need it. Is it from Omega or somewhere else?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

To be fair, that looks like Aurum Vale in the background. If you use a GCD to do damage in there, someone will accidentally pull an extra mob or three and get splattered before your heals come up, and you'll never ever ever hear the end of it. That, or I'm overthinking this badly.

Also, that butterfly tome is adorable and I need it. Is it from Omega or somewhere else?

I believe it's the i300 sch weapon from the current set of exdr dungeons.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

It can't be a faithful recreation of AV because the tank didn't bail instantly.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Kaubocks posted:

i am a fool

DGKK DOES NOT BAMBOOZLE

We were warrior poets in that fight, crafting a tale of steel and blood

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Good news everyone, I'm not an Au Ra anymore. Also good news: I accidentally discovered a really good outfit?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

It's from the level 69 dungeon. Getting it sucks though because weapons aren't included in the automatic drop system.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

DGKK DOES NOT BAMBOOZLE

We were warrior poets in that fight, crafting a tale of steel and blood

it was definitely more interesting than it would have been otherwise, thank you

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

cheetah7071 posted:

It's from the level 69 dungeon. Getting it sucks though because weapons aren't included in the automatic drop system.

And yet I have half of them :colbert:

... The MCH one is so disappointing compared to everyone else's though.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Reiterpallasch posted:

it's fine, he watched the mrhappy video
and some say he still is to this very moment......

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Gearhead posted:

I know right?

The stuff I've circled are areas we didn't go to at ALL in 4.0 that were uncovered when we left for Othard. Technically there's a bit west of Doma proper we didn't visit that is More Doma and some more of the Steppes we didn't go to that is More Steppes.

And then, over in the west, we can now see Sharlayan and the home islands of the Sea Wolves.

The desert with the sandworm was caused by a primal draining that area of all aether. When the Garleans discovered it while invading they used it as justification for their scorched earth anti-primal stance.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Dukka posted:

and some say he still is to this very moment......

I youtubed some random dungeon in SB, I think it was Siren Song, and it was like 20 minutes. Its like the guy is doing a piece by piece narration of the entire drat dungeon.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The ones I can think of that would do that are Ifrit and Titan though. Do we have more earth primals? Golem?

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w77OktmPJic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I'd really like to know what that giant guy walking through the clouds east of Garlemald is :prepop: