Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
slice 'em and dice 'em

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

sometihng happened?

An asteroid was going to kill us but at the last minute said gently caress it they deserve worse

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

An asteroid was going to kill us but at the last minute said gently caress it they deserve worse

why 2000 posts??

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 221 days!

PostNouveau posted:

60-meter asteroid doesn't sound all that big.

it wouldn't end civilization, but it would be a randomly placed nuke large enough to vaporize a major city

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hodgepodge posted:

it wouldn't end civilization, but it would be a randomly placed nuke large enough to vaporize a major city

I suspect it would be worst in the case of a water landing

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Kurtofan posted:

why 2000 posts??

People live tweeted the Senate votes on the motion to proceed and the procedural vote at the end of the day, plus live tweeting Trump's nazi rally, plus some standard breaking news stuff and the random noise this thread regularly generates

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Mayor Dave posted:

People live tweeted the Senate votes on the motion to proceed and the procedural vote at the end of the day, plus live tweeting Trump's nazi rally, plus some standard breaking news stuff and the random noise this thread regularly generates

how did it go in senate

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
All the dems lined up to give McCain a sloppy blowjob after he gave a speech about decorum and following senate tradition, then he voted yes on the motion to proceed anyway

Debate on the bill will go on for the rest of this week, we'll probably see some really cool and good stuff about the bill come out this week

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Every morning, I wake up and am mildly surprised and disappointed at my continued existence.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
McCain also voted for the failed full overhaul bill, one of only 42 votes for it. I assume he will vote for every single thing put in front of him. Why should I think otherwise? He flew across the country at the drop of a hat with brain cancer to support his shitheaded party led by someone who has done nothing but insult him. He's an empty shell of a human and maybe always was. Other Republicans looking to up their hypocrisy game had better take lessons from him soon before he bites it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Are they still voting?

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I just got brain cancer and suddenly the republican health care plan makes perfect scents.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

PostNouveau posted:

Are they still voting?

No they adjourned a while ago. This is pretty much the only thing that they've got to do this week, so no need to pull an all nighter quite yet

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Al! posted:

portland only has one professional sports team, two if you think soccer is a sport!!!!!

Pretty sure we have a professioal hockey and baseball team. Minor leagues are still technically pro.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

FabioClone posted:

Every morning, I wake up and am mildly surprised and disappointed at my continued existence.

It's kind of amazing how bad things have gotten in just six months, yet at the same time you wouldn't have bet money on the world surviving six months of a Donald Trump Presidency either.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

how'd the day go?

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Dolash posted:

It's kind of amazing how bad things have gotten in just six months, yet at the same time you wouldn't have bet money on the world surviving six months of a Donald Trump Presidency either.

I agree; but on the other hand maybe we were just incredibly naive this whole time? At the very least, this entire situation is making me appreciate how fragile all of human existence is.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

TRUMP187: slice em n dice em

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
AYYY! I'M SLICIN' EM N DICIN' EM OVAHHH EEEERRRREEEE!

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I have come to the conclusion that I am not a fan of this Trump chap

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

FourLeaf posted:

I agree; but on the other hand maybe we were just incredibly naive this whole time? At the very least, this entire situation is making me appreciate how fragile all of human existence is.
Nah I think the worst thing that happens is we go back to feudalism. If you take away the rule of law, a population density like that should settle on that kind of society.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
u've been charged with kidnapping with intent to slice em and dice em

how do u plead?

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

why the doom and gloom?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Internet Webguy posted:

u've been charged with kidnapping with intent to slice em and dice em

how do u plead?

i plead not guilty because the date in question is clearly using the julienne calendar

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Nah I think the worst thing that happens is we go back to feudalism. If you take away the rule of law, a population density like that should settle on that kind of society.

we're like 75% of the way there with corporate feudalism already :(

cyberpunk authors were the prophets of our times, who knew?

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Junkyard Poodle posted:

why the doom and gloom?

Why not?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the trump administration is a crossover sopranos and the americans episode where all the characters have suffered years of repeated concussions

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm binge watching that sword making show on the history channel in preparation. Also, Pimp My Ride. And, just in case, Cake Boss.

Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich
is the repeal bill going to pass today?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

FourLeaf posted:

I don't think you need to be a prophet to recognize that feudalism is a widespread type of society that has stood the test of time much more so than our modern nation state ideals. Lots of people live under it as we speak, even inside of what look superficially like modern republics.

Edit: my macroecon class was very clear: the endgame for unrestricted capitalism is a return to feudalism. Capitalism a blunt instrument that must be used in a very precise way, via government regulation, to be of benefit to humanity. It was later I realized that I had gotten a pinko education in economics relative to most Americans.

Samurai Sanders has issued a correction as of 10:13 on Jul 26, 2017

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
None of this would have happened if we had just seized the means of production.

Just sayin'.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

FourLeaf posted:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

safely sodomized posted:

the trump administration is a crossover sopranos and the americans episode where all the characters have suffered years of repeated concussions

gabbagoonies

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
i was trying to figure out what professional sports team for so long seeing that UO is in Eugene :q:

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
foooootballlll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Gravy Jones posted:

I'm binge watching that sword making show on the history channel in preparation. Also, Pimp My Ride. And, just in case, Cake Boss.

cake boss

• Locked thread